Simmons mattress - any advise?

mich03

Hi xyz123,

I think all Simmons mattresses' prices are all being controlled. I called up Aero and asked for the price if the Cantebury King and they quoted me the same price that i had paid for mine.
So... i think overall, its abt the same.
happy.gif

xyz123

Hi Meixia,
i din know Aero has the Cantebury King. thot some of the models are exclusivly to certain stores.

i brought up Aero to the people as an alternatve source for other Simmons models. I think the models that Robinsons carried are usually in the middle to higher range. Aero has some lower range.

in addition, Aero might has more bed frames to choose.
happy.gif

mich03

Hi xyz123,

Ermmm ... think they also do carry ... maybe they do not have the display there for the higher end compared to the Simmons gallery lor ...
happy.gif

So, when are u having your new mattress sent over? Me can only wait till Sept to receive my mattress .... cos having hse reno now ...

Me having platform beds ... so no nooed bed frames .. hehe. But i do agree that places like Aero does have more choices of bed frames to choose from.
happy.gif

xyz123

Hi Meixia, i book the mattress in Jan, but have them delivered last week. but cannot try as must wait for "ang chuan" ceremony in August. :p

reason for the early delivery due to kiasu. was concern reading that nowsadays it is common to have delivery issues. i even read in newspaper. so playing safe than sorry.

but Aero din disappoint, deliver the mattress and frame 1 week upon confirmation. they even called 1 day before delivery to confirm. installation also chop chop. within 15 min, bedframe is up.
happy.gif

mich03

Hi xyz123,

Har? What delivery issues? Got meh?

Haha .. ya lor .. my bf's parents also say that even if got mattress liao, also cannot place it in 1st .. worse still, his mother dun allow us to sleep on the new mattress until we hold our customary!!!! haha ... So, i tot no point to so ealy have them deliver my mattress and let it be un-slept for a while ... so tat's y only deliver in end Sept / Oct lor.
happy.gif

xyz123

Hi Meixia,
in general, delivery issues like:
1) did not stick to delivery date or time.
2) deliver wrong items.
3) deliver faulty items.
4) deliver partial items.

u can read the detailed horror stories under Novena, Celato, Bernini, Red Apple threads.

but for your case, since you order from Robinson, I think you should be more worry free.
happy.gif

keruri

Just wanna add, i bot my simmons mattress from Robinsons and was impressed with their delivery and after-sales service. They even called us up after our delivery to see if everything is ok. That's what i call customer service.
happy.gif
i hope they keep it up.

a_k

hi,

Anyone has experience on Simmons & Sealy mattress? As tried on Simmons mattress, it is disturbance-free (one will not feel the other party moving onto the bed). We initially wanted to go for Simmons but when to try on Sealy mattress to compare, we heard comments tat pregnant woman will feel ache when sleeping on Simmons but Sealy wont hv this problem. Is this true? Anyone can share experience here? Appreciate it.

mich03

Hi AK,

I think it depends on wat type of Simmons mattresses that you will be buying. When i went to the Simmons gallery, the lady intro me the diff types- namely the Canterbury, Felicity and Westbury and Expedition. Reason why i buy Canterbury is that it has a better back support for pregnant woman, compared to the rest of the beautyrest series. Its really true when i lie down on the diff mattresses to try on. What i suggest is to go to a gallery and sleep on the diff types of beautyrest series before deciding to buy one. So, if ur concern is enough support for you when u becum pregnant later, Canterbury or Westbury is the best choice for you.
happy.gif

binbin

hi AK, we had intended to buy Sealy mattress after hubby slept in a fantastic one in an hotel overseas.... but when he came back and we did our research, found out some things.

Sealy mattress is posturepedic...meaning it helps support and give good posture....the technology it uses helps the shape and mould your body when you sleep, but as its intend is posturepedic, it doesn't support your lower back as much.

For SImmons, it is orthopedic, and its beneficial to your back. its molds your lower back, giving it the necessary support when you sleep.....it protects your back...the technology is same either for backcare or beautyrest series, though backcare is generally firmer...

when we tried on both sealy and simmons, we also noticed that due to the diff in tech mentioned above, sealy mattress does not give as much undisturbed sleep as simmons. when u turn around on sealy mattresses, the other party can feel it. and sealy mattress are more bouncy....when u try bouncing on both u will know. simmons give really good support, and ensure the other party sleeps undisturbed.....esp for the mid range kinds onwards, e.g. the canterbury, westbury, felicity and such...

as for pregnant ladies....hmmm.....one of the most strainous thing abt being pregnant is supporting the foetus and putting strain on your lower back....so i personally wld think from this argument simmons is more suitable....if i am not wrong, the comments u heard above shld be from a sealy sales person issit? hehhehe...

anyway, just my two cents worth....ciao...btw, ours is a westbury...

a_k

Thanks Meixia & BinBin. As understand both of u bought Simmons mattress but diff model. how long u hv been sleeping on it, mind sharing?

binbin

helo AK, just got married, so sleeping for about 4 months on it only...
happy.gif
every night was good sleep, and hehehehe dun wish to get out of bed....i saw from another thread that u have bought your sealy liaoz?
happy.gif
think meixia slept on hers longer lah....

a_k

hi BinBin, congrats! yah i choose Sealy in the end after exploring this 2 brands for days. stucked in town for over an hrs to decide whcih to buy... haahaa... after much dicussion, decide to go for sealy. hopefully it is to our expectation. thanks to u all for sharing your experience leh.

binbin

hi AK, no prob...
happy.gif
just sharing what i know only lah. so when's ur wedding? and if u find sealy good or bad, rem to feedback here. :p enjoy the rest of the weekend!
happy.gif

mich03

Hi AK and Bib Bin,

Sorry for the late reply.. suddenly this thread becomes "alive" again!!! haha ...

AK, you bought the Sealy mattress liao har? Buy liao then dun think too much liao ... i believe that u must have considered a lot of factors b4 deciding to buy Sealy.
happy.gif

Hi Bin Bin,
haha .... me bought the mattress for 3 mths liao but haven't slept in it lar. haha ... cos hse under reno and still have not arranged for the mattress to be delivered to my house. So, you sleep longer lar ....
wink.gif

Me bought the Canterbury King. You also bought king or queen? Judging from ur comments above, u must be felling very well-rested from ur Simmons mattress, rite? hehe ... me very looking fwd to sleeping on my new mattress soon ....
happy.gif

barneymummy

Hi all
hope it helps
me has been sleeping on my canterbury simmons bed
so far its v comforty & true enough no disturbance if the other party on the other side of the bed move

Thumbs UP!

a_k

hi BinBin, my AD is in dec. so will only know wat the experience then. will let u all know. heehe

Meixia, yah consider quite a lot. though i like the part on no disturbance like wat Jane mentioned, but i like the texture of the sealy bed when trying on. so adding the pro & cons here & there, we settle for the Sealy as there is a promo going on also. for the no disturbance part, we will try to accomodate by being more gentle to it lor.

thanks jane for sharing!

meagan

hi all, we were deciding between felicity and westbury, in the end we got the felicity as it is slightly cheaper and both feels abt the same to me. But I read that it might be difficult to buy bedsheets eg from Aussino?

Hey binbin, thanks for sharing the info on the mattress.

a_k

Hi Meagan,when did u get your felicity. When we chk with Simmons gallery on it, they said it is already obsoleted 1 wk ago...

binbin

hi meixia mine is a king...hhehehee i dun think from the way we sleep we can tahan a queen lah, too small. hehehhee... and yes it sure is a good investment...
happy.gif
love the look and feel of our bed.....give me good nights sleep anytime...
happy.gif

AK, like what meixia said, glad u have made ur choice.
happy.gif
i think both sealy and simmons are good...depends on personal preference.
happy.gif
so ur wedding in yr end huh...must be looking forward to it.
happy.gif
felicity obselete a week ago??? a friend of mine bought the felicity about 3 weeks ago....

meagan, most simmons matt are 11 inch or 12 inch....and most bedsheets accomodate up to only 10 inch. the bedsheets that have simmon's size is brands like Sheridian, Peri, Martex, some Aussino and kingkoil models...there are some others i had a list but i can't find it now.....but just ask the shop assistant for bedsheets catering to 11/12 inch mattresses they will know...

a_k

hi BinBin, yah. in fact 2 weeks ago, when we r at harbourfront showroom, they left 1 unit & going on sales. nearly bought that. but as dun want to go into hasty decision, we forgo. it is quite a deal in fact. then when we went to simmons gallery at paragon on sat, the sales said it has already obsoleted a wk ago... when we chk with robinson beside sealy cos their range is a bit diff from the gallery, the sales also said it has obsoleted lor. so i suppose the harbourfront one is a clearance sales kind of thing. not too sure.

eternity

all,

yap, felicity and westbury are going to be obsolete soon... as mentioned by u guys felicity Has Already been obsoleted... i went to simmons gallery in early july and the salesperson mentioned that they are taking in the last orders for this two models. once they have sufficient orders to bring in one shipment, they will stop any future orders for these 2 models...
happy.gif

hmmm, as for me, i'm having the same problem that AK had earlier... trying to decide between a simmons or sealy...
125790.gif

mich03

Hihi ... WAH!!! Why suddenly so many pple? hehe ...

Haha .. Bin bin... ya lor. My FH and me like the feeling of having a bigger bed .. think it gives us more space ... hehe. No need to fight for space while sleeping.

Hi Meagan,
Bin bin is right. Just tell the sales person u are looking at abt 12 inches of bedsheets. I cannot remember what sheets i bought .. i go home and check for you. The sheets are very comfy one ....
happy.gif

Best is if you can to Robinsons to check out their bedsheets.

Katherine,
Har? Simmons got a new range for the Canadian series har? What is it called? Under the beautyrest series? How much is it?

All,
Did u guys buy the protection sheet? I bought it together with my mattress .....

binbin

helo hehehe..... meixia, belair is not a new model....been there for some time liaoz. it used the mattress on the extreme right in front of the counter at paragon showroom. and yes its beauty rest..... and yep i had the mattress protector, but it came with it, think promotion at that time.

katherine, mine friend bought the belair...so far no complaints lah...

Meagan, u know...usually the brands that has 12inch ones are the most luxurious brands...so real shiok hehehhee.. :p happy buying!
happy.gif
mine is peri, the brand used in simmons showroom, really worth the money...

santuarium

hello all,

i hv gotten my Beautyrest series Lake View TODAY!!! so happi.. my mum went w me & she helped me to try on all of the mattress there b4 we decided on tis.. it was a funny & enjoyable choosing process.. we spent 3 hrs there.. me, FH and her taking turns to try tis and dat wan.. fun fun.

trixie

Hi,

I'm looking to sell a King-sized cherrington mattress from the Beauty Rest range.

It was delivered in Oct'03 and is NEW and UNUSED, though the clear plastic wrapping the mattress was removed when it was delivered.

Simmons Gallery has the same model in their shop for testing. RP in Simmons Gallery is $3499 less $800 (mattress only) plus $150 Simmons voucher; or $3499 plus Sony home theatre system.

I'm willing to let go at S$2400 c/w cream leather bedframe. Neg. Pls email [email protected] for more info.

ONLY SERIOUS BUYERS WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
========================================

Thanks.

aaa

Hi, Is this thread still active?

Been to simmon@paragon, liked the King sized beauty rest but was told got candian & korean range, hubby tried and find korean range softer than candian..didn't know there are model names like cherrington & Westbury King and we can oso buy from Robinson..looking for the pocket spring type so will not get disturb when hubby turns, any recc?

santuarium

Hi batt,

the westbury, felicity are all old models liao.. they hv been replaced by newer models..

err.. canadian range is softer than the korean range in actual fact becos the ang mo loves to sleep soft soft whereas us as asian we like hard hard firm firm types..

tink u shld try again then decide.. try going to simmons at great world city.. dats the main show room.

fizz

Hi

I bought a Westbury some months ago and I was advised that I needed to buy bedsheets with a height of at least 13". The recommended brands include Hallmark, Martex and Peri. However, the cost of a king size duvet and fitted sheet averaged about $450. I find that it is really very expensive. Does anyone know if cheaper brands like Aussino or others are able to fit the Westbury?

aaa

hi santurium,

thks, been to Robinson liao but seems the range is different from those selling in paragon, surprised to see 9" non-flip type cos tot simmon matt wellknow for the 'thickness', is tt the latest type of model? the robinson rep say backcare2 gd for young couples but the paragon rep say backcare gd for older..still *confused* on it.

aaa

hi flizz,

I been to causeway Aussino, asked if they got bedsheets for thicker simmon mattress, was told they discontinue those and now only sell normal 10" bedsheets, not sure if it is the same for the other branches. I might be gg to tampines later, think there is a Aussinobranch there oso, maybe will go check again. Stay tune for my findings:eek:)

Btw, where u bought your Westbury from? did u consider btw buying from the gallery and robinson?

blissbride

Dear all,

I am keen to buy Simmon's backcare King-Size bed.When I was in IMM, I saw that the price was $3200 ++. Is this price on the higher side?

Can someone recommend me a cheaper place for Simmon Beds.

Thanks in advance.

racherlle

hi bliss!

i saw the newspapers that Robinsons and Taka both having promo for Simmons mattresses..
for Robinson it's 39% off..and i tink they provide 10% vouchers for every 1k spent.. u can also choose to pay by 6 mths interest free instalment..

as for Taka.. it's 40% off and they do provide 10% vouchers for every 100 spent.. but they have another better offer... if u r the takashimaya credit card holder.. u will get additional 10% off.. so it's very worth it!
happy.gif
u can also opt to pay by either 6 or 12 mths interest free instalment!

poissons

Simmons mattress is a wise choice! I've bought the beauty rest model and both my hubby and i swear by it!

you can get cheaper simmons mattresses and bedframes from Danwell Agency at Paya Lebar, not necessary to get them from Taka or Robinsons.

aaa

hi all,

went to a few different places to check out on simmon and realise these different distributors: -

1) outside store & some exhibition - carry totally different models of simmon matt, think it is made in cheaper labour cty, tt is why they can be cheaper.
2) Robinson & taka - carry older range of model, discount higher cos they need to clean stock but keep in mind that the matt is not with latest techno. most are made in Korea/other cheaper labour cty instead of Canada.
3) IMM & Furniture mall at Beach rd - franchise store but carry the same range as simmon direct.
4) Paragon & great world - under simmon direct.

If you are going for canadian range, can only find in no. 3 & 4. Btw, Simmon matt is control price so dun think you can find the same model with different price or discount, unless you want the 'equipvalent' range but I quite doubtful that it is the same. Hope this is useful for those looking for simmon matt.

racherlle

hi batt!

didn't noe that all the distributors are selling different models.. thanks for your advice!

so in the end which model did u get??
i'm planning to get one nxt year.. hehe not so soon.. coz still waiting for my house keys first..

greenie

btw anyone hvg the felicity mattress>? i am gettg bedsheets 4 my mattress (to arrive in dec) and i am not sure wats the thickness of the mattress.

aaa

hi racherlle, I am still considering cos' of bedframe (in the midst of finalising ID so not sure if want ID to custom make it or buy from simmon) but will chose the simmon canadian range
happy.gif
. I heard new models cmg early next year, it's those type that has zip at the side to put in detor packs to kill germs..u might want to wait for this new range but got to spend extra to replace the packs annually lor..

hi starz, I saw felicity in Robinson, it has the pillow top, think shld be ard 11" or 12", simmon direct and franchise store dun carry this model anymore, u can call Robinson to check with the rep...

jastan

hi all,
is simmons mattress really that good? Worth the money spend? How different is it from those four star, seahorse, kingkoll etc. Me thinking to replace the existing mattress with a good one but can't decide which brand to go for.

blissbride

Hi racherlle,

Thanks for your info!!! Sigh, by the time I read your recommendation, I have already ordered my Simmon mattress from Robinson last Sun.

Funny, I only get to enjoy around (29+5)% discount. The sales lady didnt mention about the vouchers though... hmmmm

Could it be because that I have only placed $200 with them ,while applying for the robinson card to qualify for the additional 5% discount,before paying in full, that I dont qualify for the vouchers?

Aiyoh, anyway if I have seen your post, I would have gone to Taka instead. Seems like they are offering better deal.

blissbride

Hi poissons,

I guess I didnt do my research enuff. Ended up buying a backcare4 from Robinson...

I compared the prices betw IMM & robinson and found the discount offered by Robinson, irresistible. I will be paying around $2900 for a king size backcare4 Simmon mattress. Steep?

poissons

Hi Bliss,

I can't recall which model i bought from Danwell but definitely backcare 3 equivalent and has an extra layer above the actual mattress. It only cost me $1.3k for the mattress and because i wanted a divan set, the lady actually advised me to get my wooden divan from Sealy which is cheaper than Simmons, only $900+. So in the end, my entire bed (mattress and wooden divan) only cost me abt $2.2k. Great savings! Everyday i will look forward to night time to sleep on this wonderful bed...ahhahah..

Dun be upset by the price, since you have already ordered and placed deposit, so be it lor. What matters most is that the bed is worth the money you spent and you get good sleep every night =)

aaa

hi jastan, hee..so far no complaints but the whole thread full praise of simmon matt, me can't comment much cos I hvn't bot mine..but I like the 'do not disturb' techno it has lor, go to the galleries and try sleep on one, you will know..

hi bliss, felicity is a old model, lower range than backcare 3 and 4 which is suitable for ppl with back problem. how come they recc you to buy BC4? my fren had a spine ceast ops some time back and she bot BC4 for protection...outside selling equipvalent is called the doctors series rather than back care series..think made in cheaper labour countries...dun worry lah, simmon prices are controlled..unless you get the equivalent...