Simmons mattress - any advise?

chemson

Hi gals:

apple: The Homemakers Exhibition was held at Suntec but the last day was 31st March.. do check out the simmons outlets... or refer to the website at:

www.simmons.com.sg

dreamer: I was served by this middle-age lady called Irene Lim (Furniture Mall outlet)

catz

hi chupachup,

Peri bedsheets are quite expensive but they're very high thread-count. I think I paid about $400 for my king-sized duvet cover (with 2 pillow cases) and about $200 for my fitted sheet. They're available at Tangs or Robinson's. But can be tumble-dried. Very natural fabrics and very unique textures.

dreamer

hi chupachup & Chemson,
i didn't ask for the lady's name cos thought she is the only one there, she's middle age lor very friendly. i think the free pillow & protector is during promotions, have to check it out. wah the peri bedsheet cost almost $600 very expensive hor :eek: beside peri is it most of the bedsheet that can fit in the simmons mattress is expensive one? but see fr magazine the peri bedsheet really nice
happy.gif
Catz, i'm so envy of u......

catz

aiyah, dreamer, no need to envy. wait for robinson's or tangs sale loh. mine is BOPIAN, need to buy such expensive sheets 'cos the others just don't fit! :p haha... so don't envy ok?

C

chupachup

Hi Ladies

Robinsons is having storewide 15% sale for these 2 days. You gals think that in addition to the promo price of the Simmons mattress, will we still get the 15% discount? If it is, i really think i must rush down at lunch time to purchase liao!!

Dreamer: since Robinsons having sale, good time for you to buy your Peri bedsheets
happy.gif

hazel

Hi gals,

Not to worry, not all bigger sheets are expensive... the more affordable wans include Sintex, Comfort Zone... mebbe not as comfortable or fitting as the more expensive wans...

Think Gainsborough is ard. the same price range as Sheridan... not too sure abt. King Koil's pricing though.. of cos, Peri is the MOST expensive...

When i bought my simmons mattress last Sept, i got the protector and pillows free cos' of the newly wed package... juz hv to give them a copy of ur ROM cert will do. but pls check if the arrangement is still the same now.

catz

hi chupachup,

when i bought my mattress, it was during some 15% promotion at Robinson's too! and the best thing is that if you've got the Robinson's store card, you can spread out the instalments and they will definitely refund you the difference if the price drops.
happy.gif

hazel, good idea, can stock up on sheets. actually, a couple only needs 2 sets of duvet cover/fitted sheets, strictly speaking.
happy.gif

apple

hi Catz!

you got your grand victoria at robinson's at 15% promotion?? and on top of that, you get anotehr 5% discount for using the robinson's card?? wow.. that must have been a steal?! could i ask how much you eventually paid? i thot these mattresses would always be excluded from such sales..

hmm... how does it work? if you don't use the card, and the price drops - no refund i guess? but how long is the period within which they guarantee this refund? why would the price drop anyway? most of the time, prices just goes up.. one direction.. :p

i visited the Takashimaya gallery yesterday, and they didn't have Expedition on display there. but the salesman kept "promoting" Felicity..

C

chupachup

Hi Apple, catz and others,

I've called Robinsons and apparently, the price the guy quoted me for the Backcare 4 after the 15% discount is still the same as what the SIMMONS lady quoted me the other day (when they didn't have the storewide 15% discount).

Hmm...so weird.

catz

hi chupachup & apple,
yep, the price with the 15% is the same with the Simmons but they refunded me the difference when the price dropped by not deducting the final instalment. aiyah, i'm not much of a bargain hunter... way too lazy. as long as i'm not swindled, quite happy already. but got peace of mind buying from reputable shops like robinsons.
happy.gif

chemson

Hey Gals,

Dun worry if you bought a Simmons mattress that happened to be around 182 cm by 198 cm in length and width.. there are indeed brands that cater to our needs that are cheaper than brands like Sheridan and Perin. I happened to see the Sintex promo was on... and we bought the bedsheet cum quilt cover set for $89.90 (It was originally $254.90)...
happy.gif
And later last nite... we were at Isetan.. Friven bedsheets (The plain coloured ones cos Hubby preferred to have plain colours rather with designs) were on sale at $18.90.. we bought 2 coloured to go with the two quilt cover sets I got from JL sale..
happy.gif

dreamer

hi chupachup,
thanks for the info! will go dw to have a look.

hi Hazel,
dunno whether the newly wed package still on a not if not very worth it.btw, does anyone noe the charge for their pillow & protector? and does the pillow comes in different range as well (like their mattress)

johnny

hi all

just manage to finish reading this long thread.

me in the process of getting a mattress. just the mattress only since i have build a platform to put the mattress. I guess Simmons sounds really good. but what will you ppl recommend?

what about other brands like 4star, seahorse or whatsoever??

thanks

hazel

Hi dreamer,

U can just ask the sales person at the showroom regarding the newly wed package.

I juz bought a Queen-sized mattress protector at the Homemakers' show, think the original price is slightly less than $120 for the Q-sized.

As for the pillows, the popular wans are the neckcare range, Neckcare 1 to Neckcare 4... Price for each pillow is $96, $106, $116, $136 respectively , NC 4 being the 'hardest'.

Usually for the newly wed package, we dun get to choose the pillows as they are complimentary... i had the NC1 then as they din hv stock for the normal pillows, think it's called smthing 'dustmite'..

dreamer

hi Hazel,
thanks for the info, at least know better now
happy.gif
if base on the NC1 pillow which is $96, it will comes up to b $192 + $120 for the free items. wah! very worth it leh!must call them up to check liao, thks Hazel! btw, how is the pillow they have given u? is it comfy & good in support?

hi johnny,
i'm currently sleeping on Dunlop, quite comfy & still in gd condition after 4 yrs

hazel

Hi dreamer,

The complimentary pillow i receive is NC1... i find it quite soft as i've always used harder pillows since young... i would prefer better support than the NC1 cos' i always hv stiff neck ... frankly, wasn't impressed by the NC1 and always wonder y it's so expensive...

niway, i tried NC4 during the homemakers' show, and quite like it, so bought the NC4 since there's 1 for 1 promo... but haven't tried them yet... will save them for the wedding day...

dreamer

hi Hazel,
i have call the shop & asked. the promo is still on but they are giving the NC1 pillows which cost $96 each & 1 mattress protector ($109).same here, have stiff neck problem.in that case not advisable to use the NC1 wonder if can top up the balance for the other range.wow, seems like we can actually get some good deals @ exhibition. will go to more home exhibition in future, thks for sharing Hazel
happy.gif

bee

Hi,
Anyone having Simmons Victoria series? Saw it at the showroom and really like it alot... the sales lady told us that it's the classic series and with the current promotion, it's very much worth buying.

The promotiom for Victoria model:
@ $1800 and will be giving an add of 5% off if you pay by any credit card plus if you are paying by Citibank card, 12-mth interest free instalment. And for newly weds, free gift of two pillows and mattress protector.

Just would like to know more abt this model.... any good points to share regarding this series? How abt the pillows? The lady recommended NC3 for us but was wondering why it's so ex... anyone tried it and any comments?

Thank you
happy.gif

catz

hi bee,

you mean the grand victoria? yup, yup, got mine at robinson's at around the same price. really nice 'cos it's got the pillow top and all.. but need to get bedsheets with a deeper gusset. read above msgs.
happy.gif

bee

Hi Catz,
Ya, it's the grand victoria (dark colored)... looks very elegant.

How long have you been using a Simmons? Do you sleep better comparing to other brands of mattress? What abt the support? Therefore the cons of this model is just getting the right size of bedsheets for it?

Shall check out whether it's flip or non-flip.

And how;s their pillows? They are having this pillow with pocketed spring (Very ex too), around 100+ for NC3, does it really give good support to our necks? Always getting stiff necks, that's why very interested in their pillows too.
happy.gif

Thanks for your advise
happy.gif

catz

Hi Bee,

I only got my Simmons in Feb but it's really nice. I think it's definitely better than King Koil. Really fantastic. It's a flip-mattress, by the way.

Dunno about the Simmons pillows 'cos I bought feather/down pillows from Robinson's for about $80/pc. Might consider getting the neck-support pillow later on though.
happy.gif

F

feathers

Hi All!

I was at looking at Simmon's mattresses over the weekend and the lady suggested that we needn't get a high-end model, but just a mediocre one would do. And to add plush to it, she suggested laying a featherbed on top. We tried it, and we really loved the effect! Felt even fluffier than those with pillow-tops! But we also heard from friends that the feathers may tend to stick out of the featherbed. Anyone has tried a featherbed, or has any comments to share? Thank-U!
happy.gif

hazel

Hi sweet,

When I bought my mattress last yr, I received complimentary Neckcare 1 pillows. but I understand from them dat as the pillows are complimentary, they will give the newly wed couples what's available. If u're 'lucky' dat they run of the cheaper range, they will upgrade to better pillows for u.

However, U can check wif the Simmons sales person what they're offering now though, they can at least advise u what's the cheapest range dat they'll b offering as complimentary.

johnny

just went to visit the Simmons gallery ... wanted to look for expedition... but they dun have it at the showroom

so tried the westbury and felicity and they are the kind of mattress i am looking for!!!!! westbury was a gift from heaven .. the additional layer on the top is so comfortable and it's firm.. but cannot afford.
sad.gif

most probably will be getting felicity.. if you spend more than $1700, they give you a free mattress protector

elmo

Hi all,
Last time Robinsons was having promotion on backcare series. I've booked a backcare 2 king size at $1488. As I'm a Robinsons member so I have additional 5% discount. I asked the sales whether I will get any freebies, he said he can throw in king size mattress protector for me. But I bought already so I requested to have 2 neckcare 1 pillows instead (worth $96 each). I think it's more worthy to get 2 pillows than a protector. The mattress has not deliver to my home yet. The salesperson said if the price drop I can get to refund the diff, just that I need to inform Robinsons personally.
A few days later I've placed my order, Taka was having a sale. The same mattress was selling at $1488 and another 10% discount. I'm so sad but lucky I got 2 pillows and Taka salesperson refused to throw in anything, maybe it's already very cheap. So all, do you think mine is a good buy though Taka one is cheaper? The mattress will be sent to my new flat in July, if you happen to see Robinsons is selling cheaper than $1488, do keep me inform. Thanks.

W

westbury

Hi Johnny

I actually bought a Felicity Queen Mattress in Sept/ Oct last year and had it delivered in Jan this year. Apparently, they ran out of stock for Felicity and replaced it with Westbury at no extra cost
happy.gif

So who knows, keep your fingers crossed !

dap

Has anyone bought the Beautyrest Gold mattress from Simmons? Robinson is having an offer to it's cardmembers at $999. not sure if this is really a good offer.

mudpie

hi people,

i'll be "inheriting" this humongous "super-king" bed from my fiance's parents. We'll replace the mattresses of course! But the thing is, this super king bed is really 2 3.5ft super single matresses zipped together in the centre...means whole bed measures 6ftx7ft!!!

Any advice where to buy sheets/quilts that big??? His mom used to custom-make from Robinsons, but now I doubt they have the same service.

Would appreciate it if anyone can tell me where to buy such super-king sheets!!!

Cheers,

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi</FONT>
saw in yesterday's straits times that simmons hving sale leh.. those interested might like to check it out.. i think it's the felicity and wesbury range

greenhorn

Hi all,
Glad to see that this thread is sooo... 'happening"...hee hee, well, i've not buy my mattress yet..still can't decide on wat i want.. troublesome me..well, for all u simmons fan out there who is still looking out..there's a sale at 540 sims avenue, along lor 37..i was there tis evening &amp; there were some sale going on, seems like they are selling well. Do chk it out tomolo cos was told it was only 2 days. Also, robinson having sale now too, for simmons..thought might want to chk out tomolo &amp; see if any better buy there..anyone been any to this sale today? any advise?hee hee, me still not decided which to buy... ;-P

felicity

agree with goody.. felicity or westbury comes with free bedframe now, which is a good deal if you like the frame...

we just got felicity king at $2017 after all the discounts, with free mattress protector thrown in.. not sure if it's a good deal at all?? :p

B

bittergod

saw an ad for simmons queen size mattress going for only $599.
straits times sat or sun.
sounds very cheap.
can only remember it's available at a bt timah branch and another.
any1 checked it out?

greenhorn

Finally...I've bought the Westbury pillow top (Queen) from Robinsons yesterday!!!! Was only going there to find out what gd deals they have and in the end....I bought it!!! FYI - deal was: $2399 (there's a further 5% for Rob cdholders) with free bedframe (SP:$799) + FOC matt protector + FOC 2x Neck 2 pillows...hee hee very please w this buy, though a bit heartache cos initial budget was only $1K+... ;-)

felicity

hi greenhorn!

same same.. initial budget was $1K+ for mattress, but ended up with $2K! :p

so you got the bedframe? we wanted to trade the frame for divans - cannot. :p did you go to sheila at centrepoint robinson's?
happy.gif
hmmm.. perhaps i should go back to her again.. i only got the mattress protector from her, no free pillows!! :p

greenhorn

Hi felicity, i bought it at raffles city. quite surprise too when the sales lady agree to my request..at first she say no newly weds freebies, maybe she knew i was hesitating...but she was quite nice lar..btw, hv u got ur mattress yet? mine will be delivered only sometime in jul cos my hse juz started reno.

greenhorn

Oh, juz a note to thank all u great pple out here who hv share w us ur experiences and advises..really appreciate as i've learnt a lot from tis thread..THANK YOU!!!

felicity

hi greenhorn,

oh, maybe i forgot to "mention" than we're newly weds?? ;p perhaps i should to that to get the pillows!
happy.gif

have told them we want the mattress sometime in july. we didn't get the bedframe, so we got 15% discount in return.

yvonne

Hi all,

I am considering the Felicity series (on promo in papers recently) at $1999 free bedframe...both hubby n myself like the bedframe n the mattress is comfortable 2.
juz like to ask those who have bought the above mattress for feedback.
n also...read from other threads tat only certain brands of bedsheets can fit into Simmons mattress.
true?
comments n advice appreciated pls.
Thks!

I

in-love

I was at Taka on Sat and was recommended to Simmons Regency Beautyrest system since we are at a low budget. Think that's the lowest price range at $939. Was told by the Sales that this is a housebrand only available at Taka while other retailers like Robinson has their own housebrand too. There will be another 10% discount for Taka card holder and I also have $100 cash vouchers on hand so I should be purchasing the bed at $745. Is it cheaper than other sale price of similar range?

meimei

Hi felicity, greenhorn,

I just bought a Simmons Felicity over the weekend and with a free bedframe. I did not realise that I can get a free mattress protector and 2 pillows. Could any of you gals be kind enough to fax me your sales invoice ? Reason is I called the Simmons at Paragon and she told me that she will be glad to give it to me provided that I can fax her the proof that someone managed to get that for free.

Could any of the gals here email to me on when and where (which Simmon outlet) you got the deal from ? It would be great if someone can fax me the invoice so that I can show it to her. Thanks for your help !!

Email: [email protected]

eve

Hi Yvonne,

I have bought Felicity + the micro bedframe from Simmons. I have been sleeping on it for a few months already and no regrets, it is very very comfortable although the price is on the high side. In my opinion, Felicity is good enough, no need to go for Westbury. As for the bedsheet, I am beginning to find more brands (cheaper brands) which can fit Felicity's depth, try Robinson sales, you can get pretty good bargains.

user

I recommend King Koil fitted sheets that fits really well with Felicity. You can get them from Robinsons and the price is about $39 if I'm not wrong.