Silhouette the Atelier

orchid

Hi Bijou,

My husband's suit turned very well. the workmanship is really good, and the cut is good too. Miah was our designer.

orchid

Oh ya, and Minda was pretty nice to me too. even though she's not my designer. during the trial, she did come around to ask where i got my necklace... every time i went there she will say hi and how's my preps... but that's when she's abit freer.

purlyn

Hi Pinkapple,

I'm back! Surprised to see you active still! Just to share my personal experience at Silh.

Minda was fine at first but you will soon notice that she has very strong ideas which she tends to impose on you. I felt more deflated when my frens told me that the designer should accomodate what you want. Was it the same experience for you?

P

poki2412

Jolly

Did Minda explain why?? How do u find the design suggested by Minda?? Suit u better??

pinkapple

Dear all,

please don't misunderstand me. I don't think Minda's not accomodating to the changes I want to make. so far all the changes I wanta do, she did for me.

It's just like what mzbee said. designers do get bz sometimes.

n I'm not saying that Minda's service is bad. only that at times when she's bz, it's not as fantastic as some girls much earlier in the thread made it seem to be.

Most of the time, Minda's great.

purlyn

Hi Poki,

Minda had recommended a certain cut for my wedding gown. Thought that it suits my fuller figure, but when it was completed, I din like it

purlyn

Hi Pinkapple,

Shall not reveal too many details......
happy.gif

U guessing for minda har?

P

poki2412

pinkapple & Jolly

care to share the process of designing ur gown wif Minda. Did Minda design the gown according to ur request & ideas?? Or Did she advise what type of gown that suit u best?? Any advice from u gals to take note when dicussing the design of gown wif designer.

priviledged

Hi all,
I've confirmed with Silhouette. Heath is my designer. Now I'm looking for more ideas for the gowns. Any suggestions where to look?

Right after I confirmed, he showed me a bridal magazine, we talked about preferences and I tried on another gown based on what I told him I preferred and he did a preliminary sketch of a possible gown design. He also made some suggestions and asked me to think about what sort of detailing I would like. Gowns design proper will only be in Nov.

P

poki2412

Priviledged

Can share wat are the things included in ur package?? px?? any bargain?? Which photograhper??

orchid

Hi Priviledged,

"Brides" magazines have tonnes! another great one is Martha Steward Weddings - the gowns are great & i like all their articles & ideas although some not very practical in our context. They're pretty expensive though. and I found out that the national library actually has them - new ones too. and can borrow out. i borrowed about 2-3 bridal magazines each month. didn't cost me a dime.

I did buy 1 issue of "Brides" magazine - special edition that came with honeymoon magazine attached to it. so quite wu-hua. heh...

pinkapple

Hi privi,

yup "brides" magazine got loads! another one I like is instyle wedding.

whoz ya fotographer?

Orchid,

I went to the lib@ Orchard but can't find any bridal magz leh. I'm looking for those with more table settings, deco, etc.

pinkapple

Hi poki,

mine was OTR so not much process to describe.

1st, Minda asked me about my venue, I showed her some pictures of some gowns I like then she let me try some gowns.

after tryin about 3 gowns (I think. can't rmb), she more or less has an idea what I want. and I also know what suits me by then.

then one day she called me to tell me that there's a gown she think I'll like. so I went down to try, it fitted me like a glove...
happy.gif

only have to do some minor alterations.

I wanted to add some lace on the gown and it was done.

so on with the fotoshot!

priviledged

Hi poki,cldc.

Mine was a MTM package. I felt it was a bit ex at $3980 (w/o photos) but couldn't get the price down. Also we liked the service and gowns so much that we felt compelled to book, particulaly after visiting many not so attractive places.

It includes:
MTM WG (rental)
MTM EG (keep)
MTM Gents suit (keep both jacket and pants)
Kua (complimentary)
Make up and hair (usual 4, assured of no extra charges)
Bouquets fresh flowers, x2
Corsages x6
Car deco and 2 following cars
Dry cleaning for gown after photoshoot
All accessories on loan
Gents vest on loan if required

Think I have not missed out anything.

We'll probably choose Robin for our photos.

pinkapple and orchid, thanks for suggesting the mags.. I'll get my FH (hee hee)
wink.gif
to go to the library to check them out coz he's got more time than me.

pinkapple

Hi privi,

minda loan a vest to my bf too. nice.
happy.gif
and the kwa oso.
happy.gif
did u see this album where a girl wear the kwa out for outdoor fotoshot? v nice.

Allow me introduce my fotographer to u: Imagegarden Photographer.
u can find their website thru' the SB's directory and browse their portfolio.

P

poki2412

Privileged

Thanks for sharing..... agreed wif u, the package px is a bit steep... that's y i m still considering.... we will be having the same package if i sign up wif Sil...

When is ur big day??? We have not pick our wedding date yet
sad.gif
cos MIL's shifu said must wait till the end of the yr... we plan to ve our big day in 2nd half of 2003....

cldc75

Thnx privileged for telling us your package!
happy.gif

How much extra did you need to pay for the photography with Robin? By the way, you know the price of photography with Chris Ling?

your wedding is when? think I should start looking for my bridal package too!

priviledged

Hi cldc, our wedding is end June 03. Robin's photos will cost extra $1200, all negs returned, but only give album, nothing else.

We considered using Linn Kong at first, but she doesn't provide transport for outdoor shoots, which means either I drive or we spend more on transport. Also read in her thread that she is quite 'kan cheong' so we decided to give her a miss.

we haven't settled on the photographer yet. Will probably do that next week. Don't know how much Chris Ling costs.

When's your wedding?

cldc75

Hi prvileged, my wedding date is in Nov'03, should i book my bridal package now? abit kiasu ornot huh? :p

anyway, Robin's photo includes how many pcs huh? seems like a good deal leh so your whole package is $5180 seems ok lah coz Sil's WG nice nice leh!
happy.gif

wat i mean for chris ling's package is not the actual day leh, its for the indoor and outdoor shots, do you know how much he charged??

cldc75

pinkapple,

i oso think end of this year should be a good time frame rite? else too kiasu liao!
rofl.gif

privi, forget to ask you one question...since you are booking for next year package, SIL charged you based on 3% or 5% GST huh?

priviledged

Eh?! Strange (??) Thought I posted a reply. Lost in cyberspace.

cldc,
I agree with you that Sil's gowns are really nice. That's why we decided to spend a little over budget for it. It's good to choose your package early and get the big things out of the way. Becos you're early, you can afford to shop around. Sil said they don't have GST.

Pinkapple,
I think we saw some of Imagegarden's work, but we somehow preferred Robin's. Did you use Imagegarden? How much was your photography package and what did it include? They use digital format, is that right?

We actually want the negatives, that's why we are considering Robin. Chris Ling also gives back negatives, as I understand. Any idea of his prices if we book through Sil??

cldc75

Priviledged, thank you for your information.
happy.gif

I oso want to find out how much is Chris Ling's package if we book thru Sil leh! Anyone have any ideas?

aiyah, i would love to save the hassle of sourcing around for bridal package thats why me shortlist two only - Sil & BV. But i prefer Sil more coz saw quite a no. of nice WG by them!
happy.gif

pinkapple

Hi.

yup. my fotographer is Imagegarden.

privi, actually i was Robin and Chris Ling out of the rest of the fotographers Silh recomanded. chose Robin cos he's cheaper. dunno how much is CHris Ling though.

in the end, we chose Imagegarden over Robin cos we find Imagegarden's studio more interesting.
happy.gif

orchid

HI pinkapple,

The Orchard one is awful! their magazines are so old and overused. I got my mags from Bkt Merah & Jurong East branch - they have pretty new ones.

Martha Steward weddings are very good for setup ideas. very creative stuff, but they only come out quarterly. you don't have to get the latest latest ones. can get ideas from previous copies as well... they're all quite nice.

miko

Hi,

you can check Chris Ling's price at his website. If you book through Sil, his price is $2k. If not, it's $2.6k.

kiroro

Hi Ladies,
I am also a SIL bride (just sign up with them) ! So excited, after shortlisted and evaluated the following salon (Bridal Veil, Kevin Seah, The Wedding Present, Kai, Ivory Alsie), I have decided to go with SIL. I am in the midst of confirming with my design with SIL.... Hope that we can share info. By the way, did anyone here engage Lynn as the photographer ? I need some feedback and who is the makeup artist that you use .....

priviledged

Hi Kiroro,
Think we've met on another thread.
When's your wedding?
Who's your designer?
My Fh and I nearly engaged Linn Kong (is that who you mean?) because she is relatively cheaper, but because she doesn't provide transport and doesn't give back the negs, we decided against her.

My FH doesn't drive, so if we engage Linn, unless we want to spend on hiring a driver and a larger car, then I'll have to drive in my own little car (can't imagine doing that in a wedding gown!!!)

You can also check out comments in the photograpy threads.

kiroro

Hi Privilege,
Ya, I think we met on other thread. My designer is Miah and My wedding is on early june. Which make-up artist are you using ? As for photography, I think I can only afford Lynn within my budget loh.....However, looking at her photo, she seems quite good as well... Anyway, My FH and I are not particular about the photo.

M

meezbee

Hi all,
just to share, saw an ad stating that silhouette's having a sale beginning 19 August. Dunno what that means but most probably they should be letting go of their OTR pieces at reduced prices.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Meezbee,

Yeap! You are right. Silhouette is having a sale from 19 August (today) till 29 August (Thursday).

For all who would like to visit Silhouette for the sale, please call them at 6733-7197 to arrange for an appointment.

Silhouette's address is,

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">39, Stamford Road, #03-19, Stamford House, Singapore 178885</FONT>

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Cldc75,

The sale is on OTR gowns. You can call Silhouette at 6733-7197 for more info.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

G

gean

My friend's wedding gown is from Silhouette and is very nice but her make-up is so so only. I wonder if Kenneth Lee works with Silhouette? His make-up is very natural &amp; nice.

cldc75

Hi priviledged,

your package $3980 includes dry cleaning fee too? How come some ppl told me excluding dry cleaning fee, we must top up $50 per cleaning....

priviledged

cldc75, I bargained with my designer, and he agreed to absorb the fee as long as I don't get the dress TOO dirty during the photoshoot. ie. no oily stains and such. So we'll just choose some less 'oily' places to go to.
lol.gif
We got him to write it down in the booking receipt.
(I think that info was sort of 'confidential'.. for S'pore Brides only ..ha ha!)

mint

Hi all,

Just to share my experience....

Heath is my designer and he's really very patient and nice to talk to. My gowns turned out perfect for me. I told him that I had no preference for flowers and the flowers that he chose for me were simply beautiful.

Freddy was my make-up artist and I like his style of make up. The colours that he used on me were very natural and matched my skintone. I didn't feel like removing my make up at all at the end of the day cos everyone complimented me alot. hehe!! He's also very humourous and I had a fun time.

My photographer was Robin and the two of them just made me laugh non-stop when I was there for my photo shoot. (see my posting in the photography thread)

cldc75

I agree with you mint! Heath is a very nice and friendly person...thou i booked appointment wif minda but heath still bother to serve us while we are waiting for minda and he oso try to chat wif us when minda went into the store to take out more gowns for me to try!
happy.gif

but too bad if we take sil we will still stick to minda coz she oso very nice!
happy.gif

flowee

cldc75

remember mi???
so which bridal had u decided on???
juz realised tat amanda's prices is as steep as silh...
perhaps coz she used 2 b from there...

i m still checkin ard @ bridal...
lookin @ those tie up with utopia...
any recommendation???

cldc75

hello flowee, you hope ard huh...sometimes here and sometimes in FBO!
happy.gif

me kinda of confirmed with Silhouette lor but haven't decide which photographer to choose either Kim or Chris lor...but need to visit them personally to have the "feel" lah my hubby will be goin overseas next week for 2 weeks so must wait until he come back den visit the photographers.

yah, amanda price is abt the same maybe slightly cheaper coz she just start up mah but i think she want to fix this price similar to silhouette coz she is from there previously so must tell ppl her standard similar lor. :p

tied up with Utopia? how abt Bridal Veil, i visit BV last week know they tied up with Utopia too and BV package quite comprehensive too.
happy.gif
They are having a bridal show next week you might want to see see.