Silhouette the Atelier

sillygal_27

Hi gals, I'm considering Sil for my BS.
Can anyone share the pkg you got from them with me please? How many pics, OTR/MTM..etc
And those who have completed, can advice how much your total from initial pkg to final bill please?
My budget is 5Kmax. all in for final bill..
Email: [email protected]
My Multiply ID: sillygal_27
Thanks

evatan

Hi all,

I'm considering Sil for MTM EG.

Would someone be so kind as to share some pics of your EGs with Sil with me?

I've finally managed to convince my husband to let me have a MTM EG so I really wanna make sure that I'm making the right choice.

Appreciate if any of you could add me to multiply (my is is: evabtb09) or email me ([email protected])

Thanks all!

E

angelzyan

Can add me on multiply.com? I'm considering silh as my bs. Hope to view more lovely and beautiful gowns. Thanks!

Multiply ID: yannnzi

9ngel

Hi,
Sorry I MIA for a while, was very busy with work.

I have decided to drop SIL off my list.
I was 99.9999% firm on signing up with them BUT some things happened along the course and it makes me think twice about working with them.

Let's just said I'm really glad that I'm not working with them anymore.

I would rather bring my money somewhere else and spend it happily.

nuahee koh (nuanuakoh) --> Yes & No, I love the gowns @ Sil but after trying a few I'm unable to find THE GOWN the I'm totally in love with.

Luvreia (luvreia)--> I'm not 100% fixed on the photographer yet but both HTB and me love his works and plus he gave us quite a good package. So we are still considering.

luvreia

elmove and babyjah, I'm doing a MTM of the same gown too! Its so so elegant isn't it? I brought FH to see me in it and he was immediately jumping around excitedly (which he never does when I try to talk to him about the wedding). The top up for the lace was quite ouch, but I think its worth it and certainly not as much as certain other BS (was quoted $11,000 for similar gown before! and not even sure if it will fit as nicely.)

babyjah

Hi elmove and luvreia, I can't wait to see my gown when it is finished!!! It is all so very exciting
happy.gif
. Yes, I have finally settled on the lace, elmove
happy.gif
and I think the top up for the lace is worth it too. Wow, $11,000 for a similar gown elsewhere? That's abit insane!!

Luvreia, when is your AD? Did you take a package with Sil?Have you decided to go with 86 creation for their flowers?

luvreia

My AD is in June and yes, I did take up a package with Silh. Will be going down to 86 creations next sat to take a look then I'll decide. How about you? When's AD and did you take package?

I didn't think I was given much choices for lace actually, only 2 choices for the inside layer and no choice for the outside one but guess cos I did say I wanted it to be as similar as possible to the OTR one.

babyjah

Hi luveria,

My ad is in November.
happy.gif
. And I also took up a package with Sil. We are thinking of using Gilbert Chua for our pre-wedding shoot and 86 creations for our flowers. Hope you can let me know what you think of 86 creations when you have visited them. Cause right, both my HTB and I work in Sydney and we will only go back to Sg to sort out the florists in March.

When are you having your photoshoot?

essely

Hi All...thanks for posting all your experiences..really helps
happy.gif
I just went down to Sil yesterday and Caroline was really helpful. I found a gown I like but will be going for MTM. Have been seeing many good reviews on Gin as MUA but Caroline recommended me Joanne..anyone has experiences with her??

luvreia

Good to know that 86 Creations is dependable. I gave them a buzz and they seem knowledgeable about flowers. I asked if I can get flowers from them as I plan to do my own decorations for my solemnisation in Feb and they were really nice in telling me that roses will be expensive in Feb and when I mentioned hydrangeas told me how to take care of them etc. Will certainly update after visiting them!

Babyjah, Sydney! What a coincidence, I studied there for a while! Kinda miss that place really - Glebe, paddington, double bay... the place really has character. I'm having my photoshoot in March and just signed on the dotted line today with Stephen Loh from Lyrical Moments. Met Gilbert and he was also very good but I found fiance and I clicked better with Stephen. For AD using Alwin Lim from Lighted Pixels. I highly recommend both my photographers! Stephen is already famous so I don't need to say much about him but Alwin - watch the space, he's sure to become one of the hotshot PGs very soon. Do check them out
happy.gif

Oops, hope people don't say I'm advertising with the way I rave about my PGs but hehe.. I care most about gowns and photography - wedding to a girl is about looking her best and preserving that look right? :p

babyjah

Hi Luvreia.Sydney is not a bad place to be, but nothing beats home
happy.gif
. cheap food, good shopping...

Sigh, we were supposed to have our photoshoot in March, but we will have to postpone it as we will only be back for a week and will not have enough time to squeeze 2 fittings plus a photoshoot in that time.

I really am looking forward to seeing my dress!!!So sad cause they said that its completed and I will have to wait till March!!!

We have decided on Edmund Leong for our AD PG, and I think we may go with Gilbert for the pre-wedding shoot. Was Stephen part of the package with Sil? I only remember seeing Gilbert, 24 frames and Robyn something as their photographers offred. Maybe we took a different package?

If your photoshoot is in March, maybe we will bump into each other at Sil during the fittings
happy.gif
!!! Hehehe.will let you know when I will be there then we can admire each other's lace gowns.

luvreia

Yes, do let me know when you're back! Would love to admire your lace gown. Can email me at [email protected] in case I lose interest in the forum and stop checking!

Nope, Stephen was not part of the package. Sorry, I misunderstood when you asked about package - I did take a package with WG, EG, MUA and flowers but no PG. Decided their PG session included in the package is quite short and I want a full day session so separately sourced for one. Between the 3 offered in package certainly Gilbert is the best, won't even consider the rest (I have very strong views huh?)

babyjah

Luvreia, I totally agree with your views on the photographers
happy.gif
. For us, my htb prefers the photoshoot to be short and sweet
happy.gif
, plus maybe do a second photoshoot here in Sydney. I'm abit afraid of accidentally catching the gown on sharp objects on the ground / getting it dirty..being lace makes the WG even more delicate!!

You can reach me at [email protected] at anytime. Will drop you an email soon
happy.gif

princessj

Hi BTBs,

I'm considering Silhouette too! Cos it's the first BS FH & I went to. And they were so nice to let me try on 3 WGs, even though i didn't make any appt.

But the package were alittle over our budget as it's w/o pre-wedding PS, cos we have already signed up for a overseas PS which cost $4k. Kinda regret my impulse on signing up, but FH doesn't really mind.

Now, i'm thinking if i should go with my heart and sign with Silhouette or look for other alternatives like Julia Wedding News.

Anyway, was wondering how's their MTM EG? For those of you gals who have already signed up with them, did you take their EG?

baby-jah & elmove, do you have a pic of the amazing WG you gals are talking bout? Need more confirmation before i go back again.

Thanks in advance!

babyjah

Hi Jess...

My WG has just been completed but I wont be able to try it on till March though as I am overseas.If you still haven't signed up with any other BS in March, I am more than happy to send you a pic when I have tried it on.
happy.gif

I think if you have your heart set on a particular gown and you keep thinking of that one gown / if you go to other studios and keep comparing them with the one particular one you have in mind, then that is THE gown...well, at least that was how I ended up with this gown.

I did make the mistake of signing up with another BS prior to Sil just because they had offered me alot of stuff in their package (yes, too impulsive). I had gone without my HTB and when I did bring him there, HTB disliked all the gowns (I thought 1 or 2 were ok when I first signed up with them and thought that I would eventually find the perfect dress with them. I was way too carried away by what they were providing in the package. When I tried a few (about 8) for htb and by that time the excitement of what they were going to give me had faded away, I didnt find any of their gowns particularly exciting either...).So htb did some research and narrowed a list of 3 BS down and we fell in love with sil's gown. Now I am still stuck with some deposit at the other place and I am not sure what to do with that package. So I would advise to make sure you absolutely love the gown before signing up, cause once you sign up with a particular shop and then look for THE gown from what they carry / can create, you might find that you are stuck with what they have to offer whether you like their gowns or not.

oinkiepoink

i got Sil's MTM EG. it'd help if you are v clear w a certain design in your head or after some research. the designers wld be able to give advice on what works, what doesnt and once the design is firmed up, i left everything in their hands and Sil never failed to deliver.

totally agree w baby-jah abt how she got to THE gown~ cos tinkg back now, tt was what happened to me... i went to other BS comparing gowns w the one i saw in Sil and true enough, i went bck to Sil to tk that gown as my WG (tho i swopped for another even more beautiful WG later)

happy CNY to all btw
happy.gif

namie2

Hi girls, seems like all of us have gone thru the dilemma of choose between Sil and TWP. Me too. I have been shopping around for WG since Oct 08. My AD is in Dec 09. I haven't been gown shopping since Nov due to work commitments.

Have also shortlisted Sil & TWP. Was attended to be Rebecca too. She is cool and no-hassle, no hard-sell. She just tells us what she needs to tell and send us packing as she has other appts.

Initially i'm looking for vintage-looking lace gown but after trying on as many as 8 gowns in Sil, my bf likes me in Tulle gown more, and so do I. I'm a size 4-6 girl and the big tulle ballgown makes me look like a doll bride on icing cake. *dreamy* I'm also 158cm and short girls definitely has no problem with big tulle gown.

I have shortlisted other BS like Jawn.happy.ever.after and Frederick Lee. Still not too sure if i'll go straight to Sil cos Sil is quite Ex.

I totally agreed that Sil gowns are much more worth it, when compared with TWP. There's a OTR tulle gown and the photograpy tie-up that I like with TWP. If not for these 2 reasons, TWP will not be in my shortlist. I have ruled out TWP eventually due to $$. They quited me $5299 for a basic package. Pretty Ex huh...

Your posts definitely give me more reason to go back to Sil to chat with Rebecca. Any promos going on, any ideas? Pls share. TIA.

superfamous

Winnie, $5299 for OTR & photography with TWP? that seems more like the pricing for their MTM package & photography?

actually i find TWP more value for money coz sil's OTR while, TWP is OTR. plus, TWP throws in alot more items.

angel96

Hi all Sil brides, trouble you ladies to forward me your Sil package details and pictures (if you can). I'm looking for ala carte service as my FH and me want to opt out of PW shoot, and would prefer to capture the actual day moments instead. So, we intend to splurge on a great journalistic photographer for AD.
happy.gif
Thanks so much! My email is [email protected].

orangeysun

Hey ladies, I'm a Bride from The Aisle. I have been looking out at gowns from Sil and wedding present, I really like those tulle gowns too!! However..I was comparing around and their prices are more steep. I found TA, visited them, signed up with them because they have gowns that are amazing. From big 7 layers tulle gowns, to embriodery or lace, their price is more comprehensive.
Gowns as good as TWP, sil but better price, maybe can visit them and try on some designs. Hopefully you gals can find quality at a good price! save the money for honeymoon!

Hi Sil brides, can share with us the pictures of your wedding heels that you match with your tulle gowns?

What type of wedding heels is more suitable for tulle gowns? open or close toes ones?

Thanks!

nuanuakoh

Hi Mint & deuteralpine
My WG is tulle, it is still being done up by Rebecca. Will post pictures when I go for my first fitting.
Personally, I prefer covered shoes over open toes ones. Anyway, most of the time the shoes will be covered by the skirt =)
However, do note that tulle can be easily torn /damaged, Rebecca warned me against wearing shoes with diamantes, which can catch the tulle easily.

happy.gif

gingerbread_gal

hi mint and deuteralpine,
i think open toes go very well with tulle gowns...that's what I had
just make sure that if you r getting shoes with diamantes, you get the ones that won't catch onto the tulle gown. hope this helps
happy.gif

glamourous2309

Hi ALL,

I've signed with Yu Hsin from Tinydot Photography for my Pre Wedding Shoots in Paris, For Period between May 17 to May 24, 2009.

Im looking for another keen couple to share and split the cost of the Makeup artist's service fees, flight ticket and accomodation.

Any keen parties for Pre Wedding, Wedding or Post Wedding shoots in Paris during the above mentioned period?

Let me know if you are genuinely keen.
Can PM or email me at [email protected] to discuss further, Thanks!

princessj

baby-jah,

Thanks so much for the advice you have given me! Really appreciates it, truly!

I guess it's really THE GOWN, like you have said. Cos i have been thinking bout it day and night. Exactly like you, my HTB were tempted to sign up with Sophia and now Julia cos of the perks they keep on throwing in.

Though i haven't seen the others that I have shortlisted yet. Like Bridal Veil, Ted Wu, Tan Yoong & Dang wedding. Before i go back to Silhouette and sign up. Would really love to see your WG! My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

Hmm... Normally how many BS do you all go to before signing up?

nuanuakoh

Hi Jess
I visited the following BS - Yvonne Creative, Amanda Lee, The Wedding Present and an independent bridal designer. Tried gowns there and also spoke to the designers.

I also dropped by Divine and Milan Weddings.

Finally, I went to Sil 3 times before signing up. Haha. That's quite a lot within 2 months. But each visit to BS makes me clearer on my choice as I was tempted by the prices some BS offers.

When is your AD? If you can wait, sometimes Bridal Shows may have better offers. I signed up during Xmas where there was promotion, works up to $300 over in savings.

Perks work great provided you can find a gown you like in the BS. I also think about THE gown I tried in Sil day and night. Haha... That's why when I tried other gowns I felt rather down. The feeling isn't the same.

juztea

Hi Jess, it really depends on your personality. I enjoyed the trip from shop to shop very much. Narrow your choices for your husband to view.

I visited the ones all around the tanjong pagar area.. and settled with Silhouette at Stamford. It was between Dang Bridal and Silhouette.

babyjah

Jess,

I'll be going for my gown's 1st fitting in March. Will forward you a picture of the gown then ok?

I dropped by about 9 -10 different shops but none with the "feeling" I got in my gown from Silh.

Agree with juztea, I also enjoyed the wedding gown hunting trips tremendously and trying on all the diff styles and materials. For some of the BS, I went without HTB as his taste for clothing is more specific and not a fan of walking into many shops just for fun.

pearl_chin

Hi Only! Thank you for emailing me about your package. I booked my package yesterday,cannot negotiate further. The OTR tulle gown that I liked was already taken, so I settled for the next best choice and change the bodice cos I cannot fit in. I am still contemplating whether I should MTM as I really love the details of the first tulle gown that I set my eyes upon - scattered sequins and beadings!

pearl_chin

Hi Princezz,

I signed up the package for $4700 - OTR WG (tulle)to rent, MTM EG to keep, MTM TUX to keep, 2 bouquets, 6 corsages, Make Up - Trial, Studio, AD-day + nite, FOC rental of kua & accessories.

essely

hi Pearl

Any idea who will be your MUA? Mine will be Joanne..not sure if she is good..any comments or experiences with her?

pearl_chin

Hi Liang Tuan,
I will be doing my trial make up with Gin as suggested by Caroline. I guess our designer will try to match our personality+outfit with a suitable MUA...so I trust that we will be in good hands. I have seen how pretty my friend is on her wedding day
happy.gif

Hi Peace Lover,

I have already chosen the tulle gown...the circular patterned one... I am wondering if that will go out of fashion by the time I wear it. But they assured me that its their signature design. I need to choose the materials for the bodice next week
happy.gif

charalampos

Dear All,

Would anyone like to take over my package? I've paid a deposit of SGD$2225 2 days ago.

Reason why we decided to back out. My fiance and I calculated and realised it's kinda out of our budget We made a haste decision as we wanted to enjoy the DBS discount.

SGD$3650 + SGD$800 (full lace/tulle gown)
I have yet decide on the gown so it's still negotiable whether to top up.

Package includes:-
OTR WG, MTM EG, Groom's Suit, Veil, Hand Bouquet(AD), 6 Corsages, Car Decoration, Makeup (Trial, AD Morning, AD Night), Free Rental of Gua.

Pls email me at [email protected]

Thanks!