Silhouette the Atelier

ssmilezz

Hi rhs!!
happy.gif

But nowadays Chris don't go round with kelvin does he? haha..yah two for the price of one, no wonder so ex lar....:p

I like embrodiery a lot too. Hmm...did u see Ted Wu's designs for Channel U's Evelyn Tan? I think he's designing a few for her?

Hey jam ~

I've always wondered...what happens to all the MTM gowns after the wedding? Will they become those OTR gowns for ppl to choose and pick? :p

sweatcorn

Hi rhs,

Got your email!! Thanks for sharing that... as I've replied, U look gorgeous!!
biggrin.gif

I've met with Minda last nite and was mesmerised by their gowns BUT the estimate quoted was quite way off my budget
sad.gif

So gotta discuss with my FH and let him view the gowns personally...
uhoh.gif

maverick

Hi eggie,

Did u receive my PM?

Hi ssmilezz,

just for your info, Minda told me that the MTM gowns will become OTR gowns and be worn at most twice(otr), after that it is 'retired'.
So u can be assured that the designs are v original!

ssmilezz

Hi sweatcorn,

Can you pls PM me so i can email you? Not convenient for me to leave my email. :p

Hi JC ~
happy.gif

WGs also have to retire ah? heee...that's funny. Thanks for replying. I'm really very blur abt all these BS stuffs.

maverick

Hi ssmilezz,

smile.gif
no prob... I used to be v blur abt these BS stuff also... but this forum really helped a great deal! Wedding is a v impt once in a life time affair ma... one can nvr be too careful right? So to all brides to be... do choose your BS carefully... cheers

ssmilezz

Hi JC ~

yah, thanks for helping this blur sotong. hee...so when is your next fitting?
happy.gif

Not so soon since u just went for the 1st one?

Hey, when do you think it's a less busy time to visit SIL? Is a weekday afternoon ok? I always thought almost all BS should be super crowded on weekends. :p hehe

rhs

ssmilezz,
This is taken from Chris' website:
Wedding Day Photography @ $8000
* Two journalistic photographers (digital): Chris Ling and Kelvin Lim (Beetles @ Work)
* One film photographer (10 rolls of exposures with 4R prints)
Unless he never update the website
biggrin.gif

I saw Evelyn's gown only on newspaper so not very clear. Yah, Ted Wu designs 6 gowns for her. Lucky girl! But she's so sweet and pretty hor? Can't wait to see the wedding on tv.

Sweatcorn! I've replied your e-mail
happy.gif

ssmilezz

Hi rhs!

$8k!! Wow..that's like double of some Bridal Packages. heee...Did u also pay that much?

The wedding is end of March right? Yah, i think it's going to be quite interesting. Since so much publicity generated. A lot of sponsors too i guess. hehee..it's like the Singapore version of Trisha + Ryan's wedding. hahaha!

rhs

Yeah, it's VERY expensive. We didn't pay that much
biggrin.gif

Only difference is this couple is actually in love, not get married for publicity stunts only. I bet there will be Trista & Ryan's Married Life, followed by Trista & Ryan's Divorce, kekeke ...

Have a nice weekend everyone!

maverick

Hi ssmilezz,

My next fitting is next friday. Will be taking leave in the afternoon so that I can beat the crowd. The best time to book and appt is on weekdays afternoon... then u can have the whole BS to yourself... hehe

chinchilla

hi zhu zhu, u mean it can be very crowded after office hours? it reminds me of a visit to a bs where they r 3 designers. their customers are waiting for their turns to use the fitting room. no privacy. thanks for letting me know. i thk i will make a afternoon trip. i dun thk i will be comfortable talking abt my body flaws when there r other couples about. feel conscious. : p

ssmilezz

Hi JC~~
happy.gif

Update us on how your appointment went ok? hehee...Notice that this thread doesn't have that many current SIL brides here interacting....hmm...

YUp, i think i will certainly take 1/2 day on a weekday when it's my time to make the BS's rounds..
happy.gif

Chin ~ yah, i know what u mean...quite embarrassing to talk to the designer when it seems like the couple or rather everyone else in the shop can hear what u are saying right? hehee...

have you signed up with SIL yet?

odie

No worries... the shop is very spacious. Each designer occupies one corner with their own fitting room. Unless you talk really loudly... nobody can overhear your discussion ;)

My appointments were always in the evening after work and I didn't have any problems as the designer will not schedule 2 clients at the same time.

aureus

Hihi all
happy.gif

just wondering, seems most use miah or mindah....anyone used heath before? coz he was the one that i spoke to on my first meeting. are we stuck with the first person who attends to us in the event we sign up with them?
thanks
happy.gif

odie

Hi ssmilezz... I have sent it to you before :p

Remember the one with emboidery on the back train and my evening gown is turquoise blue in colour? :p

jam

hi odie,
your gowns sound interesting! do u mind sharing ur pics with me too? hope not too troublesome. can email me at [email protected]. thks much!

btw, do any of u know which photographers SIL ties up with (besides Chris Ling)? I'm particularly interested in Photolanguage by Ray. Not sure if SIL has Ray in its package....

ssmilezz

Hey odie!!
embarrassed.gif

ya ya...alamak..so malu. i remember your pics now!! I like the EG color very much. hehee...

Eh, i think i have forgotten to reply to your email!!! it's in my home email box. *blur*

dinah

hi all,

i am currently going around to check out the various bridal studios on their various packages and gowns. for those of you who have used silhouette, any comments or thoughts and or great things to share?

rhs

Hi Dinah,
Try to scroll up and see previous posts/archives. There are already a lot of brides sharing their opinions
happy.gif

sweatcorn

hi to all, i'm having the same query as aureus - are we stuck with the designer who talks to us in the first appointment??
uhoh.gif

anyone request for a change of designer before?

i'm afraid it may seems offensive...
sad.gif

zilla

Hi ladies,
im shortlisting sil as one of my choice.

I'm interested to know...in your opionion:
1) embroidery work of sil acceptable?
2) does sil also practice additional charge for more detailing on gown, eg have detail on the upper front n back of gown? some bs do that n i find it not sincere.....especially i don meant to ve detail all over the gown(it look weird n not elegance anyway)
lastly, would aaapreciate if sil brides could send me your wedding photo?
thank you!

priviledged

aureus,
I used Heath. He was excellent. We clicked and communicated very well and he was able to realise my design intentions and gave very valuable advice on fabrics and designs. Furthermore, i wanted a kebaya for my EG, and he did it! Don't worry. All the Sil designers are very good. We also worked briefly with Minda on my hubby's suit when Heath was in reservist. And Miah helped us with flowers for our photoshoot. All were really good.

rhs

Hi c0co & zilla,
Pls check your e-mail

zilla,
Sil's embroidery is fabulous! My WG gown had a lot of embroidery and it was much more beautiful than I expected. You can make an appointment and ask to see samples of their gowns. Sil's package is not fixed, means it depends on gown material, design, details, etc. But they will tell you the price upfront, they won't change the price after you already sign up.

mookie22

Hi Odie,
I just signed up with Sil and with Miah too
happy.gif

I had a very chop chop 1st appt - tried 3 WGs and picked one OTR. It was so fast I barely noticed all the details on my embroidered OTR WG. But I did notice a stain on the gown. Didn't have the chance to ask but was wondering whether Sil will dry-clean it b4 PS??

I'm gonna see EG designs from Miah this weekend. Can I ask what your EG design is like? thanks!

odie

Hi Mookie22,

For small stains, you can just point it out to Miah. They can do spot-cleaning for you without sending it to the dry cleaner.

I believe you will you be going for another fitting when nearing the PS. Just check the gown again and let Miah know of any stains you see on the gown.

Check you email... just dropped you a mail.

mookie22

Hi Odie,
Thanks for the tip. I will check the gown more carefully and tell Miah. I thought the gown may look newer if it is dry-cleaned. Perhaps it doesn't really show up in pictures for the photoshoot.

Thanks for your photos too. I love your WG! The embroidery at the top and on the organza train is beautiful, and the V-folds look so elegant on you. Your EG also has the V-shaped design - interesting. How much did you have to top up for the tea-dress?

odie

Hi Mookie,

Actually you don't have to worry... it won't show up on the photos... but if it makes you feel better why not right? =)

In fact on your photoshoot you will realise that within 5 mins after you put the gown on and walk around the studio it will be dirty at the train :p

The tea dress cost me another $700

chinchilla

hi ladies, i need advice! i am now choosing between kai n Silhouette. i really cant decide between these 2 becos both are just as good. how?
sad.gif

odie

Hi Chin,

If you like the gowns from both BS... then you probably should choose one with the designer you feel most comfortable with and the BS which fits your budget more.

mint

Hi aureus,
I had Heath as my designer when I had my wedding in 2002. After so long, I'm still full of praise. He's really superb and has made my wedding a memorable one.
happy.gif

aureus

hihi mint,

thanks for you input
happy.gif

would i be able to take a peek at ur WG and EG pls....
thanks
happy.gif

im glad to hear that he's great...i find him really nice too....fh also thinks so..

dinah

hi all,

i went for my first appt with sil today and met with heath ...

their gowns are gorgeous .... stunning ... and heath is really ice and he actually listens to my concerns, my thoughts on what i like etc ... and brought out different gowns to let me see and try to show me how each flatters me ... i was really very very impressed ....

maverick

Hi Chin,

I also liked Kai Bridal! I chose Silhouette because Kai's package wasn't as comprehensive as Sil! For Kai, u have to go to a men's tailor to mtm ur FH suit! As for photography, there is also additional costs involved. Kai's package is solely for its gowns.

Sil is a more one stop BS, and the quality of the gowns are v good as well! As for service, so far, I'ven't seen any complaints in Sil's forum and I personally have a v good experience with them so far!

My designer is Minda and so far, she has given me the impression that she is going all out to make me look the best on my big day! All the best to u!