Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

fang

Hi Bubbletea,

i am not sure which room is mine? Anyway my room is facing the sea without any attached garden. and it has a living hall, bedroom and a balcony.
is this executive or premier?

Hi Totoro,

yeah the holder is rather cheena as i thought so too. But my frds and relatives thought otherwise. they simply find it unique and different from other gifts they used to get. so its up to you, if not maybe you can opt for chocalate
happy.gif

as for me, there are stands with flowers along the red carpet, on the stage as well as on the tables itself. I thought it was sufficient and the flowers combination i had was nice as i felt so at least. it was blue and cream colour.

there was also candle on each table. just make it simple and dun overdo. moreover on that night, the focus is on you, sweetie. so make sure you don;t have your guest focus on other things. heehee..don;t worry, just SMILE and be PRETTY and enjoy your night!
happy.gif

elaine

Hi Fang,

Ours was with the attached garden with living hall, bedroom and a balcony. I think only the 7 floor & dun know which floor has the garden. Maybe yours was either higher or lower.

bubbletea

Hi Fang, I saw the bridal suite. Its the same one my friend stayed in 2 yrs back. There is a living room, bedroom and 2 toilets(one in the living room one in the bedroom) and a large balcony. It's called the executive suite and it faces siloso beach. Seems that they only give the wedding couples the high floors.
Elaine, is yours premiere room? How come got garden? Is it facing the sea?

My wedding is end of this year. As far as I know the flowers for every table is standard and fresh flower arch and 6 stands. I like it cos they use fresh flowers.

Hi everyone, do u know what are the perks offered for the 10th anniversary? I missed the wedding fair on 29 March. Heard they offered extra barrel of 30L beer, is that correct? Anything else?

The chopstick holder I got it few years back at my friend's wedding, I personally find it cheena leh... I think candles will be sweet...

I really like the place. But think my guests may come late cos mine's a weekday dinner... sigh...

elaine

Hi Bubbletea,

I think mine was the bridal suite, seafacing (executive suite). The garden is outside the balcony.

vio

hi totoro... u chked n they dun allow half chopstick holder n half chopstick huh??
sad.gif

hey fang,
i like the china doll chopstick holder too ;) thought was unique - no other hotels give tt hee...

hi bubbletea,
do u mean rasa is celebrating 10th anni? the 2 nites stay u actually refers to e 2nd nite free on ur 1st wedding anni which we can hv it in advance on wedding day rite?

totoro

Hi
check liao..cannot exchange lah...sian..

think cannot spend so much money, i just realize that projector also need $$$$..so got to make do with the wedding favours liao..

So sad!

bubbletea

They are celebrating 10th anniversary and they just had a show on 29th March. I missed it though. Anyone went? The second nite free I mean on yr wedding, u get a second nite free if u ask for it loh. As for the next year's stay it's one nite. =)

vio

hi totoro...

aiyo....they so inflexible ah...
sad.gif

yah the projector heard cost quite abit hai....
try see if u can borrow not lah.

thks bubbletea, dunno aft so long tt i've signed e cofirmation they'll still take my request for 2nd nite stay free not ....

bubbletea

Vio, I think u shd try and ask for it. After all, if u stay there on yr wedding nite, half the day gone cos u so busy and the next day check out already...

Anybody know what time latest can u check out? =)

I am having an outdoor dinner. Sigh, I heard from someone who attended a wedding there on a wet day that the situation will be quite bad if it rained! Muddy ground and sinking shoes and dirty gown!!! =(

I really like the outdoor atmosphere... anybody can offer any advice? I know they give the ballroom as backup but I am really sad to hear of this friend's muddy experience.

Parking was also a big problem it seems!

totoro

Hi vio,

ya lor....so inflexible..request for 1 more night, rejected, request for the exchange of favours also rejected,

ask them if can waived off the projector also cannot..its $450 , siao bo, who will pay for such rental..sa ren fan huo...
all my friends, their hotel provide FOC leh!
so sad!

fang

Hi totoro,

dun you or your partner has a projector from office? if not, try sourcing from friends.
the projector is abt 10 K plus ...so be extra careful.

yes agreed that some hotel do provide FOC. I tink Hyatt provide that.

hi bubbletea,

the latest checkout time we had for our wedding was 4p.m! so dun worry, just call your coordinator and request for it.

Hi ELaine,

Welcome back!! How was your honeymoon??

O

oct pooh

Hi Totoro,

Sorry for the blunder....i realli lost liao....looks like i gota go to thread more often liao....

Totoro, mayb you can check your actual photographer to see if they provide or rent out projector @ a lower rate....for my case....the projector is provided by my actual day photographer at no cost! see if u got any luck a not ;p

Hi Bonnie,

Yup.....i rmb someone is juz one day after me....so thot we gota work hand in hand together....btw....i forgot who's your co-ordinator liao...mine apparently no one knows who is she....

Hi Bubbletea,

Mine's on sat n i'm having 30 tables @ the Ballroom...initially i thot having 30 tables is quite a lot liao....shld be able to bargain much....but like wat i've mentioned earlier.....i din get a good deal....gota pay for food tasting for 10 @ 50%....each special diet is $65/person....20 litres beer n not more than that liaoz....Sigh....

Since i din managed to get a good sales/event co-ordinator....i hope i can get a good Banquet Manager who ensures ebiting runs smoothly on my big day...No amount of discount can help should any blunder happen, rt? Any recommendation?? how's your BM har, fang? is he/she good?

fang

Hi Bubbletea,

My coordinator is Ethel Lam. She is very good and we liked her. We even bought a gift for her after the dinner to show our appreciation.

So far, all that we requested was given even when we request to have chinese characters on the menu as well as on our names for the display, she did it for us.

She waived off the ala carte food that we ordered for our band members, extended our checkout time, and even told us that if we want to come back anytime after our wedding, we can bring forward the first anniversary night stay anytime.
Even gave us the bridal suite that we requested for which is without attached garden as well as arrange to have my parents' room just beside my suite.

She was really professional and good. We had a chat after the dinner and we share a little about ourselves as well.

So overall, i will give her a thumbs up for her service
happy.gif

bubbletea

Thanks fang and oct pooh! I had to persuade my mum very hard abt the transport there. Now i m afriad te weather will be bad... sigh...
Fang, I appreciate your coming here even after your wedding to offer advice. =)

fang

hi bonnie,

the names for the couples will be place near the stairs to direct our guests. So we requested to have our chinese characters as well since some of our guests are not english literate. and yes the dishes naming were in chinese and english as well.

hi totoro,

i spend $130 for 125 cards. I did it at Jasvy which was quite good as they allow free pictures to be printed on the cards.

Hi bubbletea,

no prob. always here. will try my best to help out!
happy.gif
persuading your parents i think is diffult, just try to ensure that things she requested are all in place and as for transport, no worry. trust me that day ..TRANSPORT will not be on your mind at all.

bubbletea

Hi again... my fiance and I decided to bring our parents there to have a meal to set their minds at ease. too bad for buffet, they don have food tasting...

bumbee

Bubbletea,

Don't worry about transport. The guests will be able to find their way. Just enjoy and be a happy bride...and just enjoy being loved by your husband on that day!

fang

Hi bubbletea,

bumbee is right. Just be pretty and enjoy yourself. The night will pass in a twinkle of an eye. Trust me. It's only the morning that is draggy and boring.

fang

HI Bubbletea,

To come to transport, i think you have a better option coz the mrt will be ready by then. As for me, mrt is never a choice for my guests.

so think positively and go through this wedding with memories and not nightmare.
happy.gif
most imptly is to have fun and enjoy in the preparation.

totoro

Hi all

when is a good time for food tasting??
how many weeks before.

i think Menu A is strongly recomemended??
any comments??

what to do with the Halal table? thinking of not spearating them cos only 2 malay friends leh
what u gals reckon?

elaine

Hi Totoro,

Food tasting is about 1 month before your actual day.

Not really, I choose more of Menu B, coz Menu A is more common dishes.

For Halal & Vegeterian, just let your co-ordinator know which table they are sitting & they'll get their food served directly to tat table.

totoro

exactly lor...sigh.i mean i dun mean to sound cheapo or anything, but then very lugi leh..but not euogh malay friends to cover 1 table.

bubbletea

I mean u must pay for the chinese table plus the 2 muslim persons @$55 if u ask for them to join the table. Am I right? Totoro when is yr wedding? in siloso ballroom?

fang

yes bubbletea, you will need to pay for the extra 2 muslims. You can ask for a bigger table so no need to squeeze 12 ppl in a 10 size-table.

there is a 12 size-table available.

hi totoro,

yeah yours is coming so soon.
Remember to share with us your experience ya.
Where you going for honeymoon?

bubbletea

Hey fang's suggestion is not bad. So u pay for the table of 10 chinese and then add in the price for the two muslims. =)

Fang, how is married life?

totoro

hi fang..thanks a lot for the info..hahaha..now i know what to do liao..

me going to syndey lor for honeymoon..my FH used to study there..heehehe

fang

Hi Bubbletea,

Married life is simply great!
happy.gif
Having to share your life with someone you love and enjoy all the moments together like cooking, cleaning, etc.

Hi Totoro,

Sydney is a great place. Make sure you climb the opera house to enjoy the view. Honeymoon is always so rewarding after all the stress we have been going thru. haha..

Hi Silver,

I don't seem to have my package details already. YOu may want to visit Rasa website and get the updated details from them. Ours will be too out-dated and may not be accurate.

Oh and Happy Labour Day everyone!

silver

Thanks fang & bubbletea. Email them liao. Care to share abt your wedding at Rasa? Outdoor? Thanks ya!

fang

Hi Silver,

Yes I have shared mine. Maybe you scroll slightly after 9th Mar (that's my wedding date! hee..)

No it's indoor in Pavilion ballroom.
Let me know if you need further info.

totoro

fang,

i was told that the deco at white fence quite plain..the flowers also not very nice..like quite cheapo and not very nice??

also the pavilion the flwoers quite little and not so nice! is it true??
do u think its necessary to get someone to decorate the place?