Ritz Carlton

titania

Hi Ladies,
my friend also had Shamini. She changed hotel cos she didnt like her service. Dont know the reason. But my friend settled for fullerton instead.

heynsl

how many wedding coordinator does Riz Carlton has?
the one attend to me is Joey Liao.

anyone has any comments on her service?

cote_p

hi thomas, i've spoken with Joey also... she seems really nice.. but she hasn't followed up with me since our meeting in late Jan.. our initial meeting was quite standard.. no room for negotiations also.. but i must say that i really like the ballroom and LOVE the suite... it's GORGEOUS... sigh... but it's very expensive and i feel the perks are not very good...
sad.gif
personal opinion only.. but if you read the thread, you can see what you can try to negotiate for.

dubdub

Hi all,

did anyone go for the wedding show? how u find it. Personally i find their service very good, nice ballroom but i think the package very very exp

stro

Hi all,

HELP NEEDED!!

I have a deposit of S$5k that can be transfered to anyone who intends to hold their wedding banquet at the Ritz Carlton this year.

As my wife and her hubby (i.e me) will be posted overseas for the next coming years, we have no choice but to give up the opportunity to hold our wedding at this prestigious hotel.

Some of the perks that we have negotiated which do not come with the current standard package includes:

1) 2004 prices for the tables
Jade Celebration at S$838+++
Ivory Celebration at S$1008+++
Gold Celebration at S$1238+++

2) Special Corkage Rate for unlimited bottles of wine and liqour

3) Additional night stay at the Millenia Bridal Suite

4) Complimentary use of Projector

5) Dayuse Room for Helpers (i.e Brothers and Sisters)

Of course there are your Bliss Stars which you can use to redeem for the other items.

Need to release this deposit at the soonest possible time as I will be leaving the country soon. PLease contact me via my email at [email protected] for further details.

Cheers

ocean_sky

I am new in this website and I am still searching around hotels for my wedding in 2006. However, my FH prefers to have normal chinese dinner 8/9 course, I don't mind but for the last course I am thinking of having buffet dessert instead of only 1 standard dessert. Any comments? Is it acceptable for buffet dessert nowadays?

yuppie

hi everyone ... we are also thinking of having our wedding at ritz next year.... can any recent ritz couple share their experience with us ? any photos/links would be appreciated as well...pls send to [email protected]

Thanks!

emi_gal

Dear all...

I almost sign with Ritz but luckily i back out. First, attitude!! Second, Service!! Third, FOOD !! Attitude from the banquet sales is utterly sub-standard!!Called their lines several time a day and no one answers. It wasn't like this previously. Well, the only dept that has attitude (see ppl no up) is the banquet sales dept. The package is ok. Perks is reasonable, understand they can't give too much but considering a 6 star hotel, the service is really sub.

The Reason behind this bad comment is a true scenerio. It happen to my best fren. she wanted to have 70 tables for her wedding. She went to test water on service and the first impression was - No smile from co-ord, not a single drink while discussing in the lounge!! There wasn't a sense of willingness to discuss the package.(nt: not just one co-ord; is two of them)

So if anyone wants to have a wedding there, pls think twice. Other than the banquet sales team, and the banquet food, the whole hotel has the so-called 6 star standard.

And mostly, The Ritz will not have a wedding show cos this year is their hotel's ten year anniversary. According to their co-ord, their main concern now is other functions not wedding. (Quote from their male sales co-ord).

Given a choice, please choose The Raffles the Plaza (Gladys), though i did not sign up w her. She does posses what a professional banquet co-ord have.

surabaya

Hi! Just visited Ritz Carlton. I was really taken aback when I visited this website about this hotel's service.

I was a bit reserved and was very wary about them. However glad to say that my worries were uncalled for. All my perception after reading the recent comments were the other way round. The person whom attended to me makes me feel so welcome. Sahrul showed me around and brought me to the ballroom and the suite. I am completely blown away. He was knowledgeable, professional and very considerate. The place was simply beautiful, grand and lovely.

I will have to plan for another meeting to show his parents. But more or less I am settled with Ritz-Carlton. I will definately recommend to my friends. A truly 6 star service!

kismet23

Hi everyone, fiance and I are considering Ritz for our wedding banquet venue next year. Any feedback from couples who've recently held their wedding at the Ritz?

Thanks!

bright_bride

I fully agree with Suriati.

I will be holding my wedding at Ritz next year..working with Sahrul at the moment and he is a great person! Very helpful and enthusiatic!

Based on my experience, the service at Ritz is excellent!

I only read the feedback in this thread after signing up with them. Was rather affected but my finace told me to believe in my choice. I guess everyone has their own perspective....

Kismet23, do make an appoinment to meet the wedding planner and experience it for yourself
happy.gif

bridezilla

Dear Ritz Carlton Brides,

Did anyone use C.C. Lee for their flowers at Ritz Carlton? Any feedback? Trying to decide between him and Steffi's..

kismet23

Hi Tulips, the packages for 07 are already out. Just drop them an email and they'd send you the latest prices.

Hope this helps.

Cheerios.

snipsnap

hi bridezilla, I used CC lee for my wedding at the ritz last year. he did a great job for us and didn't give us any grief about working within our miserable budget
happy.gif
he was very receptive to our input as well. he also provided the flowers for our vows ceremony. i highly recommend him! do give him a call and meet up with him. (imo steffi's designs look very old fashioned :p)

drop me a PM if you have any other questions
happy.gif

overall I was satisfied with the ritz. I was very pleased with the service on the wedding day itself. initially our coordinator was really slow in getting back to us (drove me nuts) but she made up for this closer to the wedding date. I think their responsiveness might also vary by coordinator. sharul (from raffles) started working there right before my wedding and he was really nice and helpful too. our friends liked the reception and service too.

ocean ..we thought about a dessert buffet too but depending on the number of guests this might get chaotic. we ended up swapping the chinese dessert for cake!

bridezilla

Hi Snippy!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I met up with CC Lee. He seemed nice but couldn't show me his portfolio the day I went. I got him to send me some pictures.. the standard package in the pictures were really small arrangements which got me a little worried. Was really hoping I could manage with the hotel's flower package. Did you upgrade your package?

I've been quite pleased with the service at the Ritz so far. My coordinator is Shamini. BUT, the real test is the actual day of course!Any tips and pointers?

What kind of cake did you have?

snipsnap

Yeah you don't get very much for what's included in the package. We only topped up for the VIP table. For the guest tables, we kept it simple. We had a single pillar candle on a glass plate surrounded by white roses, water and minimal greens. We kept a cheap ...I mean zen theme
biggrin.gif

I can send you some photos. What's your email?

we had the ritz carlton signature chocolate cake. ask for it during your food tasting. it was really yum! the only downside was that it doesnt' come as a whole cake so you can't display it.

When's your big day? Hrmm my tips? remember to delegate. I was lucky and had lots of people helping out. As an ex-bridezilla, you can only hold on to the reins till the night before. After which it's over to your helpers. Don't sweat it if things don't go as planned and enjoy the day!

we also requested coffee, light snacks, left over alcohol (teehee) be served in the reception area after the dinner. that way we could mingle with closer relatives and friends after it's all over. ok i'm talking too much now lol

bridezilla

Hi Snippy

Oh yes.. please send me pictures. My email address is [email protected].

My wedding is on 26 Nov.. which is a bit early to be deciding on flowers i guess : ). But the truth is, I'm trying to decide on a colour theme to coordinate flowers, invites etc..

Will be sure to ask about the chocolate cake! Chocolate anything....gooood...

bright_bride

Hi Snippy,

Can send me some pics for reference as well? My AD is next May but would like to think through my decor now...
happy.gif

BTW, thanks for the advise/ infor above! Made me feel more confident about ritz... keeping my figures crossed!

[email protected]

sonnet

hi guys,

I would like to enquire about which florist is teaming up with ritz carlton? I attended a wedding where the decor is made up of mostly candles. during march in, the brides maid and best man would walk in and light up a candle decor centerpiece just before the stage. I find their idea and decor very unique

merrime

hi there, anybody getting married in ritz this year? would like to hear wat's ur experience? i'm planning to hold mine there next year feb

Thx U

lil_muffin

hi all lovely brides,

and advice on selecting venue for wedding dinner? Am looking around still.

am considering Ritz, Four Seasons and Shang

lil_muffin

hi,

I'm currently looking for a hotel to host my wedding?

Currently looking at FH, Shang, RC and Four Seasons. And I hear that FS is holding their bridal show this month. Am going to attend that to see what perks they've got ..

fruche

Hi Millie,

My wedding at RC was just over.
I believe your wedding coordinator will give you a schedule of when to pay what amount all the way till the last payment to be settled after the wedding.

Do check with them.
happy.gif

snow_xue

Hi all,
I just been appointed as my good fren's wedding planner. Thus looking for good deals for her now. May I know the year 2008 dinner package details and pricing, please? Thank you. please email to [email protected]

bethany

will be having mine at Ritz Carlton on 30th Dec, will update once it's over..

so far i love their service, really the top level, i am sure we are going to have a great time there on our actual day..

babymelody

Hi,

I m planning to hold my dinner @ Ritz Carlton in Sept 2009. Can anyone pls send me your ritz carlton package?

Thank you alot!