Rendezvous Hotel Singapore

Andes

Anyone able to share your experience in Rendezvous Hotel for wedding? Pls email me at [email protected] . Thanks.
Glym1246, are you looking at signing with HR as well? Or are you planning to go for the wedding show?

We went for a discussion with HR and we were rather impressed by their service. Wanted to sign up with them alr, but my friend went for a banquet lately and gave me some negative feedback about the venue.

Wondering if anyone can provide some feedback from the perspective of the wedding couple...

P.S. They told me that they have on avg 1-2 banquets per week last year. If so, not sure why there aren't many reviews on them

Glym1246, are you looking at signing with HR as well? Or are you planning to go for the wedding show?

We went for a discussion with HR and we were rather impressed by their service. Wanted to sign up with them alr, but my friend went for a banquet lately and gave me some negative feedback about the venue.

Wondering if anyone can provide some feedback from the perspective of the wedding couple...

P.S. They told me that they have on avg 1-2 banquets per week last year. If so, not sure why there aren't many reviews on them

Last year when we were searching for banquet we went.. My bf gave his feedback on the food when asked by the staff, and was told that it was by external as they do not have a kitchen in the hotel.

Also, the ballroom is L shape as it was block by the pillar.

Hope it be useful to you the above feedback.

Andes

Last year when we were searching for banquet we went.. My bf gave his feedback on the food when asked by the staff, and was told that it was by external as they do not have a kitchen in the hotel.

Also, the ballroom is L shape as it was block by the pillar.

Hope it be useful to you the above feedback.

Hi Cherrieseason

Oh that is useful!

We didn't know that the banquet cuisine isn't by HR. We only asked about the food portions (bc we heard that it was small and insufficient for a table of 10) and they told us that they didn't receive much feedback on their food portions, and it depends on how we arrange the table seatings (e.g. more kids, more men etc).

We are looking at less than 20 tables so if possible we will not arrange for a table right behind the pillar.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Will be useful when we talk to the coordinator. :)

glym1246

Hi Andes, in the end we give up the idea on Hotel. We went for restaurant instead :)

happymoonz

Hello everyone,

I went to take a look at the venue and it looks cosy for less than 20 tables. Kinda worried when I read past reviews about food. Any recent reviews about the wedding event experience?

Appreciate if you can share on recommended wedding coordinators too?

Thanks!!

Magliew

Hello everyone,

I went to take a look at the venue and it looks cosy for less than 20 tables. Kinda worried when I read past reviews about food. Any recent reviews about the wedding event experience?

Appreciate if you can share on recommended wedding coordinators too?

Thanks!!

Hi happymoonz, from what I heard from my wedding coordinator, the food is not outsource, it's from the kitchen. I have check the kitchen out and confirmed they did cook there. Went for their wedding show recently and their food is great! Also confirmed with my coordinator that the standard of the food will be better than the wedding show to prevent disappointment.

Rendezvous is being bought over by Far East two years ago, not sure if the comments mentioned about is before they are bought over.

Hope it helps. :)

happymoonz

Hi happymoonz, from what I heard from my wedding coordinator, the food is not outsource, it's from the kitchen. I have check the kitchen out and confirmed they did cook there. Went for their wedding show recently and their food is great! Also confirmed with my coordinator that the standard of the food will be better than the wedding show to prevent disappointment.

Rendezvous is being bought over by Far East two years ago, not sure if the comments mentioned about is before they are bought over.

Hope it helps. :)

Yeah that's very useful Thanks a lot!

Do you mind to share who is your wedding coordinator? How's your experience with him/ her so far?

Quite difficult to find small ballroom and affordable too

Andes

Yeah that's very useful Thanks a lot!

Do you mind to share who is your wedding coordinator? How's your experience with him/ her so far?

Quite difficult to find small ballroom and affordable too

Hi happymoonz

I went to the wedding show as well. Coordinator is Joanne but on that day Jane was the one who brought us around. Both of them were rather accommodating and service was great. Uds from Jane that she is currently not doing coordinating work though

happymoonz

Hi happymoonz

I went to the wedding show as well. Coordinator is Joanne but on that day Jane was the one who brought us around. Both of them were rather accommodating and service was great. Uds from Jane that she is currently not doing coordinating work though

Thank you Andes!

Magliew

my wedding is on 2jan2017. so far so good for me. food tasting all done and coordinator is very prompt in reply and very accomodating :)

Andes

Anyone can share their experience of HR? :)
Hi

Any recent reviews on HR?

We had our wedding there in April this year and the service was great. Prior to the actual day we liaised with the hotel wedding coordinator Yan. On the actual day we were introduced to the banquet coordinator, May. She was very experienced and helped us settle most of the issues backend without us having to intervene. She also gave us directions on how and when to do what during the entire banquet. The staff were all friendly and helpful. My husband and I were rather impressed with Rendezvous Hotel.

We also went for the complimentary 6-mths stay recently at Club Rendezvous. Pretty good service as well!

Only things were:
- We told them we didnt want the first dish showcase (with the flashy disco lights and tacky music) but they proceeded with it.
- Food was taken away rather quickly. I heard some guests had their plates cleared even before they finished their food.

I guess you can just remind them beforehand.

Magliew

We had our wedding there in April this year and the service was great. Prior to the actual day we liaised with the hotel wedding coordinator Yan. On the actual day we were introduced to the banquet coordinator, May. She was very experienced and helped us settle most of the issues backend without us having to intervene. She also gave us directions on how and when to do what during the entire banquet. The staff were all friendly and helpful. My husband and I were rather impressed with Rendezvous Hotel.

We also went for the complimentary 6-mths stay recently at Club Rendezvous. Pretty good service as well!

Only things were:
- We told them we didnt want the first dish showcase (with the flashy disco lights and tacky music) but they proceeded with it.
- Food was taken away rather quickly. I heard some guests had their plates cleared even before they finished their food.

I guess you can just remind them beforehand.

Hi, did they show u how the first dosh showcase will be prior the wedding day?

Andes

Hi, did they show u how the first dosh showcase will be prior the wedding day?

Hi Magliew, no they didn't. but we heard about it from a friend who attended a wedding there. I guess it is also our fault that we didnt remind them closer to date as well.

Andes

oic. did u requested something else?

We didn't request for extra items, but i did tell them specific colours i want for the floral deco and we collected the angpao box and guestbook earlier (during food tasting) so that we can customise it ourselves.

eonshe

hello BTBS, I'm considering Rendezvous hotel as one of my options...any graduated BTB have held banquet at Rendezvous too? kindly let me know yr comments, coordinator & what kind of perks you have managed to bargained for :) thanks!

eonshe

hello BTBS, I'm considering Rendezvous hotel as one of my options...any graduated BTB have held banquet at Rendezvous too? kindly let me know yr comments, coordinator & what kind of perks you have managed to bargained for :) thanks!

can also drop me an email Sherry.eong@Gmail. compare

thanks in advance!