Rendezvous Hotel Singapore

panggou

Hi, may I know if anyone is having her AD in this hotel? I had my ROM lunch at the Straits Cafe and I find it good. Thus, considering if i should go back to the same hotel for the AD.

panggou

HI peachcooler thanks for responding. do you have any photos to share? went through the previous threads and realised that there is some negative stuff that is why i am worried.

is the food quality and quantity good?

ambience?

spring11

Hi Peachcooler, can you email me the pics of the ballroom during yr wedding? how do u find the service of the coordinater?

yypp

Hi bottle&moo,

me had a booking with them and is so far quite happy with them. but as my wedding will be next yr, so can't comment on the food and service. have you gals seen their ballroom? i have been there to see their actual setup and realise that they decorate the staircase that leads to the ballroom also, quite sweet.

scobido

hi yypp

thanks for replying! this thread seems so inactive...

great to hear that they decorate the staircase!have u seen the real setup of other weddings?how about their bridal suite?

yypp

yah, me too find this thread rather inactive..that's why i come in only once a long long while to see if there is any latest posting.
i have seen the actual setup of MM, Hol Inn, Amara, cos they were also my choices. MM is simple, Amara quite nice, Hol Inn also quite nice. But becos my number of tables are not much, so very difficult to bargain with the bigger hotels. Unlike Rendezvous, they cater specially to small wedding so its kind of like make things easier for us, and there is only one ballroom so they can only hold one wedding a day!
Oh been to Act One of Mandarin Orchard, nice ballroom but din get to see their actual setup. Their coordinator is a very nice guy. So have you met up with Rendezvous to discuss abt their package?

yypp

oops..abt their bridal suite, i have not seen it cos i am not very concern abt the room. but from previous thread seems like its rather small though. maybe you can request them to show u when u meet up with them.
happy.gif

bottle

yypp, i am also facing the same problem. Small wedding, can't really think or choose bigger hotels. I find Rendezvous just nice, like you said 1 wedding a day. I met Jason and gotten the package from him. What other hotels you are considering, other than those listed earlier.

But, projector is not included in the package. You have to pay $400 (if I am not wrong) to get one. We didn't discuss in details with him as we have yet to finalise what we want.

FYI. There will be bridal show coming up in early Oct. Check it out!

yypp

me also considered grand copthrone and seen their setup but find it simple and think if u not taking the main ballroom then u will have to share the foyer with other functions on your wedding day cos there are a few ballroom on the same floor.
went to novotel also but dun like their pillars in the small function room. oh been to carlton, traders and regeant..paiseh cos i rather forgetful now then remember..
hmm...regarding the projector thing try to bargain with them again. how many tables are u looking at?
Oh! Oct? hmmm i sure will attend, will drag my BF there. do u have the details?

rynryn

hi bottle & yypp, ive seen e deco too.. nt 2 bad.. bridal suite quite small & plain..they will still provide u w e ballroom even 4 small scale weddings, tatz veri nice of them..btw, me still sourcing ard 4 hotels, any gd suggestions??

scobido

hi ryn

maybe u can try goodwood park hotel, hotel intercontinental?not sure whether hotel interconditental holds small scale wedding but goodwood park hotel holds min 18 tables
happy.gif

hi yypp

haven't been to rende hotel myself but from what i heard from my sis, seems that the entrance is always smokey and not v grand :p

do u have the contact number of the person?maybe i shall meet up with him one day
happy.gif

how's your preparation for your big day?when's your big day?

yypp

Hi moo, I dun find the entrance smokey but one thing cos the hotel is not very big, the entrance i would agree is not very grand.
what's your email address so that i can give you his contact.
mine is mid next yr hence still a long way from now, still relaxing..hehe.

yypp

well..i agree but dun let that affect u
happy.gif

if u need any help, just leave a message here, i will pop by now and then to see if there is any new update or u can email me. wonder how's bottle and rynryn's progress in their hotel search.

bottle

Ya, as I have not decided to take up the package so didn't bargain and discuss further. Will talk to him again.

I agree with you, the entrance is not very grand. To me, it's still acceptable. Most importantly, you must like the ballroom.

I am looking for around 12 tables. Went to Hotel intercontinental, do not meet their min req for the # of tables.
sad.gif

yypp

bottle, have you try four seasons, shangri-la and raffles? think they should be able to accept your no. of tables.

rynryn

hi yypp, sad 2 sae , me still sourcing ard 4 hotels.. comparing e perks offered by various hotels.. im a Dec'05 bride.. long way to go.. btw, there's a upcoming bridal show in oct for rendezvous.. probably more perks..

hi bottle, cheer up...

yypp

oh..looks like u still have time to source around. but heard 2005 a hotels have increased their package rate right? have you meet up with rendezvous to discuss abt their package? from what i understand, they have not increase their rate when i made the booking in jun.not sure now have they though. how many tables are u looking at? which hotels have u tried?
me already booked so i dun think i can enjoy the perks offered in the show. the hotel is quite honest that they will be having a wedding show in sept/oct but we still went ahead to book early cos we are already satisfied with the perks they gave.

butterkiss

hello...

I just went for a wedding dinner last Sunday. I agree that the entrance of the hotel is very hidden but not to worry, if you are going there by cab, the driver will know where the hotel is. I must say that the service is very good (they change then plates & bowls every round b4 the next dish comes up). The food portion is not a lot, just nice for a table of 10. As for the food itself, I think it's so-so... nothing fanstastic.....

Just my 2 cents thought.....

138502.gif

yypp

hi butter, thanks for the feedback. oh dear..u mean the taste of the food so so? is it on average standard? at least i dun have to worry its not nice, so long as average hotel standard can liao..er..care to share what dishes were serve during the dinner and which one to avoid? when u say food portion little, do u still feel hungry after the dinner? how's the overall ambience? paiseh huh..but cos the feedback venue is so little that's why bombard u with so many questions.

butterkiss

hi yypp,

I am more than happy to answer your question... It's always good to know that you are "useful" to others... hee hee... here goes...

For cold dish, we have vegetarian goose, spring roll, jelly-fish, baby scallop and one more... forgot liao.
The 2nd dish was sharksfin... this is normal...
3rd dish, is the roast chicken with mixed herbs... quite nice i must say, but the chicken seems kind of small...
4th dish is the sea bass... fish not that flesh...
5th dish is fried prawns... not fresh and prawns are small...
6th dish is spinach with 3 kinds of mushrooms... nothing special...
7th dish is the yee-fu mee with yellow chives... so-so only...
the last dish, is my favourite... yam paste with sago! really yummy!!!

the ambience if the ballroom is good!!! really romantic and nice.... they have tea light candles hang at the aisle and on every tables...

Well, this is the only dinner that I went and I felt hungry still after that... haha... considering that I am not a very big eater (as eating a lot will make me sick)...

Overall, the food standard is still "bearable"... coz pple won't expect hotel food to be that "fanstastic"...

yypp, you don't have to worry...
happy.gif

odae

Hi hi...

I've actually signed up with htl rendez and will be having my dinner in Nov'04. Till date, I find that their svc is good even though the coordinator I've signed up with had ordi resigned. They did the courtesy by calling to say that who-n-who has resigned and u may find Mr X or Mr Y for continuation in the planning.

We haf gotten in contact with the banquet manager, Danny and find him being frank and reliable. He will know what to advise u and help u with the planning.

Cheers!

yypp

hi butter, thanks for your valuable feedback! hehe...i think some of those rendez brides-to-be will also find them useful. hmm...maybe i will make use of my food tasting to remind the hotel of some of those points u made esp on the fish and prawns not tat fresh. hey yam paste is also my favourite..hehe..so i can ask for that as desert liao. at first still wondering if they do serve yam paste for desert.glad to hear that u find the deco romantic and nice. yah, me was attracted to the candle lights when i went down to take a look at their ballroom.

Hi odae, is your coordinator kelvin? i only got to know that he has left when i wrote him an email and got the mail returned. ur wedding is in nov'04 so its only 3 mths away. how's ur preperation? when is ur food tasting? so least there is another rendez bride here to share with..

bottle

Hi yypp, you have signed up with them? Can share some of your package/perks? How many tables are you looking at? Weekday/weekend?

Hmm..to answer to your suggestions: Four seasons, shangri-la.. all are out of my budget.

yypp

hi bottle, yup i have signed up with them. maybe u can leave ur email address here and i sent u the package.

limy

Thanks yypp...emailed received
happy.gif

Hi rynryn,
me and my FH going down to the show in Oct
happy.gif

Hi moo,
Denny said they'll likely get the new florist (the one that did the very recent 8 Aug wedding) to put up some deco during the wedding show..
happy.gif

rynryn

hi moo, mmm.. tin oli gt free flow beer & mayb plus sum other perks.. wil chk it out w Danny agn.. he seems quite a nice guy..

hi limy, wat u tin of e deco ? nt 2 bad.. but seems quite cramp up...