Regent Singapore

Ruth_ruth

I'm having my wedding with Regent Singapore in May 2014. Natalie, the sales manager is very prompt in replying, she also has her assistant to help in replying a certain enquires too. =)
I only have 11 tables, so have decided to take Nassim room; though narrow, the deco's are really quite decent.

Hi Sarah, may I know how's the dishes served on your AD? Mind sharing? I'm about to sign with Regent, taking Nassim room too :) Thanks in advance!

Sarah Jane

Hello Ruth! The food in Regent is Amazing! Usually hotel banquet kind of food is quite average, but because this food is directly from the restaurant, the quality is there!

Totally recommend Regent in all aspects! Food, service, ambience.
Have fun!! =)

Ruth_ruth

Hello Ruth! The food in Regent is Amazing! Usually hotel banquet kind of food is quite average, but because this food is directly from the restaurant, the quality is there!

Totally recommend Regent in all aspects! Food, service, ambience.
Have fun!! =)
Hi Sarah, thanks for your reply! :))

MichiGO

Hello, anyone have more reviews on Regent Hotel for their Nassim Ballroom? Previously when i enquired about the package, it was responded by Natalie. Any feedback on her service?

I hope to see more reviews and overall experiences with Regent :)
Thanks!

figureskates86

Hello, anyone have more reviews on Regent Hotel for their Nassim Ballroom? Previously when i enquired about the package, it was responded by Natalie. Any feedback on her service?

Thanks!

Hi! My coordinator is Natalie and she is really good! Lots of Patience and a very nice lady. Im hving my wedding this sat in the Nassim Room. ;) nassim room only can fit a max of 14 tables.. Cannot hv any reserve table though so u must really confirm how many tables you want. And acc to my sister who attended her fren wedding at the nassim room she did mention that as the room is straight the two tables at the back wont really have a good view of the stage and screen. I can update you again if u like after sat :)

MichiGO

Hi! My coordinator is Natalie and she is really good! Lots of Patience and a very nice lady. Im hving my wedding this sat in the Nassim Room. ;) nassim room only can fit a max of 14 tables.. Cannot hv any reserve table though so u must really confirm how many tables you want. And acc to my sister who attended her fren wedding at the nassim room she did mention that as the room is straight the two tables at the back wont really have a good view of the stage and screen. I can update you again if u like after sat :)

HI.. thanks for your reply :)

My only concern for nassim room is the ceiling height.. its quite low when standing on their stage. Unless i dont intend to place any stage infront.

Do you intend to do your solemnization in the ballroom as well?

wedding8815

Hi FigureSkates86, can the guests seated at the back, see the stage or screen well?

anneyu

Thanks!

Hi MichiGO.. I also booked Nassim ballroom for my banquet next yr. Trust your wedding had been over. How was your overall experience? Any advice? Thanks

Using SingaporeBrides app

BerryDreamy

Im the nov 2014 bride and we booked nassim room too! Went for our first meeting yesterday and all is good so far!

MichiGO

Hi MichiGO.. I also booked Nassim ballroom for my banquet next yr. Trust your wedding had been over. How was your overall experience? Any advice? Thanks

Hi anneyu

My wedding is not over yet :) i am also 2015 bride :)
Which month is your wedding?

How many tables do you have?

I am still considering on Nassim due to the ceiling height, as i thought of placing a flower arch but not too sure if its possible.
Other than that, i will be also having my solemnization in the room as well and have concerns about the space issue as i am thinking to have 2 Pc band in there.

eiko

I went to take a look at Nassim and Tanglin ballrooms. My feel is both ballrooms have quite low ceiling height. For Tanglin, the room is super narrow, and I'm worried it's hard to squeeze thru for march in. But the individual projectors for each section is a bonus! The themes are also very striking and romantic. However there are not many perks, for brides to be, did you get any complimentary wines?

frostybeige

Just wanna say I loved the Nassim room especially for the themes (the one with the draping on the ceiling is so romantic). Too bad the date I wanted was already taken, or I would have snapped it up! And I love that the room allows daylight in too because it has windows on one side. Great for a lunch event and suits the garden themes of the room. Another good thing is that the room has its own private area at the corner of the second floor, it really feels cosy and exclusive. Do go for a viewing if u can!

peachpokka

Hi anyone has any reviews of wedding lunch at their grand pavilion ballroom?

Natalie was the one who responded to my email quite quickly. I emailed on sat and she responded on Sunday.

edwards

Hi, i'm letting of my packages in Grand ballroom on 10th Oct 2015. please feel free to contact me if you are interested. Thanks :)

lalalalala_89

Hi,

I'm about to book the Grand Ballroom for early 2016 and am wondering if you guys have any reviews on the wedding coordinator? Our current coordinator is Larrina but she seems quite inflexible with the perks. She doesn't offer you extra perks until you mention other hotels can do the same then she will counter offer. Has anyone worked/working with her and would like to share your experience?

We really like the place and almost ready to commit, but would like to know if there are other better coordinator.

Thanks

lalalalala_89

Interested to hear reviews about their ballrooms. Looking at 25 tables and up.. Anyone know if they are going to have wedding shows anytime? ;)

Hi,

We just went for a site view to the grand ballroom and really like the place. Price is pretty reasonable and the ambience is good, straight march-in with quite a big stage. They have 5 themes to choose from and their latest theme is really special - the backdrop on the stage is decorated with flower papercraft, something like this but not so elaborated and they use plastic instead i think (didnt probe so much).
http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?img..._VK_fC-PcmAWXvoLACQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CFQQMygrMCs

FYI - 2016 January price is the same as 2015.

Hi,

We just went for a site view to the grand ballroom and really like the place. Price is pretty reasonable and the ambience is good, straight march-in with quite a big stage. They have 5 themes to choose from and their latest theme is really special - the backdrop on the stage is decorated with flower papercraft, something like this but not so elaborated and they use plastic instead i think (didnt probe so much).
http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?img..._VK_fC-PcmAWXvoLACQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CFQQMygrMCs

FYI - 2016 January price is the same as 2015.
Hi!

Thanks for the response ;) unfortunately I won't be holding my banquet in early 2016.. will be holding it in late 2016 instead. Wonder if it's too early?

My coordinator is Janet and she seems to be quite prompt with her replies. ;)

Will u be able to share what were your perks and did you sign up with them?

Thanks!

justame

Hi I'm interested in regent wedding Saturday dinner or Sunday lunch in early 2016, anyone can share your package details and perks? Is it possible to negotiate for less minimum tables? Pls email to aimeiliah@gmail com.
Thank you!!

shh_na

Hi I'm interested in regent wedding Saturday dinner or Sunday lunch in early 2016, anyone can share your package details and perks? Is it possible to negotiate for less minimum tables? Pls email to aimeiliah@gmail com.
Thank you!!
FYI: They are having a wedding show next Friday 6 March

Hi BTBs

Regent seems to be quite inflexible with the perks. I tried negotiating with the hotel to provide more perks but to no avail.

Can anyone advise if this happened to them too?

Very frustrating on my end.

eeyore07

Hi BTBs

Regent seems to be quite inflexible with the perks. I tried negotiating with the hotel to provide more perks but to no avail.

Can anyone advise if this happened to them too?

Very frustrating on my end.

Agree that they are not flexible in terms of perks and throw-in given the fact that their package is on the high side. Even after you had signed the package, they are still very inflexible.

So you got to think thru carefully if they r the hotel you want. No choice you got to accept it if you really love the place...

BerryDreamy

They are quite inflexible in terms of perks which i do agree.

However we do love the selection of themes they have and all our guests have positive feedback on the food that was served.

askhole

Regent was one of my consideration but after finding out that the perks are pretty inflexible, we decided to give up on it.

In simple, there's no chance of freeflow of beer/wine, there's no total wavier of cockage charges for wine & HL.
Price is good if your guest does not drink.

Do visit Regent hotel to view the ballroom and theme, personally I find their themes are 1 of the nicest in Singapore.

To get the price, just email them. Lorina is a great help.

Thanks guys for all your comments. I have decided to strike Regent off my shortlist as there were too many unhappiness between the hotel coordinators and myself. Not only they are inflexible, they are not exactly the friendliest coordinators around. I do agree they have better themes when compared to other hotels but apart from that, I cannot say much about their service.

I would suggest those who are interested in the hotel to contact them directly to experience their service yourselves. I might be just the unlucky one :(

Hi BTBs,

I heard they will be having a show next month, around mid May! May want to check them out. I visited them recently and was shown the Tanglin room. I think it is relatively squeezy as it is a long ballroom (long march-in).

However, something to note is that they will provide the solemnization room (complimentary) but the room will be far off your Tanglin room (if you are taking it) and it can only be decided at a later stage as they need to confirm availability closer to date. So my qns is, what is it is not available nearer to date, where will the solemnization be held at? This I do not know. Coordinator mentioned to incorporate it into the wedding dinner schedule.

You can actually book the room that is next to Tanglin room to hold your solemnization; if you do not wish to have 'surprises' that no room is available when closer to date. But there is additional cost to reserving the room. That's an extra cost.

Other than that, yes i agree that the themes are great! The hotel looks atas and has two grand pianos at the lobby!

Mabel Teong

Anyone encountered the coordinator, Willius from Regent Hotel before? How is his service? We are going to meet up with him soon to discuss on the wedding package. Any tips to get more perks?

fmc2000

Hi I'm interested in regent wedding Friday and Sunday Dinner in December 2016, anyone can share your package details and perks? Is it possible to negotiate for less minimum tables?

Thank you!!

Huishan_87

Just held my wedding lunch at Regent two weeks back. In my opinion, the hotel looks a little old from the outside. But the interior is beautiful (christmas decor was already up too) and definitely romantic for a wedding. Most of my guests had good comments about the food as well.

Would like to pay compliments to my coordinator Manuela for all the help she had given. She was patient and prompt in replying to our queries and accomodating to our requests. Glad that we had her as our coordinator and happy that we chose Regent. Can't wait to go back for our anniversary stay next year!

Huishan

Just had my wedding at regent. I have absolutely no regrets, even though it was not my first choice. Food was good and in large portion. Certain comments we made during food tasting, the chef took it in consideration and the improvements were made. One of waiter broke the a glass on the table, the manager immediately apologise, offer fruit platter as compensation.
Staff was attentive, the manager even help to arrange the train of my gown before I walked in. The minute we sat down on the main table for the dinner to start, the staff brought my husband a glass of ice water and me a glass of warm water with a straw. When I walked up the stage for toast, one of the lady staff actually bend down and lifted the front portion of my gown so I can walk up the steps. ( very initiative )
If you are taking the biggest ballroom at the lobby, you will have everything to yourself, including the tables outside, so guests can sit and chit chat. We ordered a martini bar and it was very popular, so the guests finish everything. But the staff actually save last two glasses for me and my husband and told my husband that it's the last two glasses, and especially keep it for us to try.
Nothing negative that day, Except it's a bit slow in serving the dishes. But we still finish the banquet on time. We have complimentary room service, champ, strawberries in the room.
Check in was smooth and the staff were all polite. We were told to call them 10 min before we reach. Once the bridal car reached the hotel, the representative and porter were already there to welcome us. The porter took all out things up, the lady bring us to our room.
I work in the customer service industry therefore I am quite particular and have an eye for fine details, and I am overall very happy with the service regent is providing.
PS: according to my guests, the location is not too centralized so no jam on sat night. parking also easy as the carpark is only for hotel guests.

: )

Just had my wedding at regent. I have absolutely no regrets, even though it was not my first choice. Food was good and in large portion. Certain comments we made during food tasting, the chef took it in consideration and the improvements were made. One of waiter broke the a glass on the table, the manager immediately apologise, offer fruit platter as compensation.
Staff was attentive, the manager even help to arrange the train of my gown before I walked in. The minute we sat down on the main table for the dinner to start, the staff brought my husband a glass of ice water and me a glass of warm water with a straw. When I walked up the stage for toast, one of the lady staff actually bend down and lifted the front portion of my gown so I can walk up the steps. ( very initiative )
If you are taking the biggest ballroom at the lobby, you will have everything to yourself, including the tables outside, so guests can sit and chit chat. We ordered a martini bar and it was very popular, so the guests finish everything. But the staff actually save last two glasses for me and my husband and told my husband that it's the last two glasses, and especially keep it for us to try.
Nothing negative that day, Except it's a bit slow in serving the dishes. But we still finish the banquet on time. We have complimentary room service, champ, strawberries in the room.
Check in was smooth and the staff were all polite. We were told to call them 10 min before we reach. Once the bridal car reached the hotel, the representative and porter were already there to welcome us. The porter took all out things up, the lady bring us to our room.
I work in the customer service industry therefore I am quite particular and have an eye for fine details, and I am overall very happy with the service regent is providing.
PS: according to my guests, the location is not too centralized so no jam on sat night. parking also easy as the carpark is only for hotel guests.

Thanks honeycrumbs! Your wedding must have been a beautiful memory for u now. As I'm planning for a wedding this year, I didn't have much choices left. Only nassim room is available on the date that I wanted.

May I know what type of perks were given to you? My coordinator gave me a list of perks which didn't seem like an perks anyway. Many other hotels seem to give much better perks. Based on the reviews I've read so far, it seems like they are really quite inflexible. Hence, I would like to know what kind of perks u received. I'm guessing that your wedding was held in the biggest ballroom?

Hi, I took the biggest ballroom. Yah the perks are quite standard. We try to get extra barrel of beer, extra night etc, the hotel refuse to give. They are quite inflexible, compare to some other hotels that I checked, when I ask for extra stuff they are more willing to give.