Regent Singapore

huiling

hallo silentelf! when is your wedding?

Hi absolutwild, have you seen the function rooms yet? I have considered these function rooms before for my wedding. I find these rooms very warm and cosy!

bethan

I had my wedding at the nassim room. Was very disappointed with the service. Actually, it's like "What service?" The wedding was very poorly coordinated. Lots of cold and awkward moments. I thought the banquet manager would be there but only a captain was assigned to be there. It must be bcos the room is a small one and so they don't give much priority to the weddings held there. Given a choice, I would have held my wedding elsewhere.

janni

Hi silentelf, sorry.. been too busy, didn't managed to login for a loooonnnggg time...
kao_embarrassed.gif

Hi Huiling, wow!! so nice.. congrats too on your successful wedding...
kao_happy.gif

silentelf

hiya huiling.., my wedding in Nov06....
happy.gif

wah..jane.. really looooooooonnnnnnnnnggggg time leh.. so how's your preparation goes??

janni

Hi silentelf, not doing much preparation recently...
kao_embarrassed.gif

been busy attending my friends' wedding ceremonies, hens' night party...
crazy.gif
almost got every weekend occupied..
kao_dizzy.gif

Will pick up when January starts (hopefully...
kao_blush.gif
)

By the way, wish you and the rest of the Regent BTB and everyone else, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...
337018.gif

huiling

Hallo Jane, that is a cute pic! blessed Christmas to everyone too!

hallo silentelf, you chosen BS and photographer/videographer yet?
happy.gif

silentelf

hi everyone.. merry 'post' xmas greetings!!
jane..all of us having holiday mood.. didnt really do any preparations for wedding..heee..

hi ya huiling, i have chosen my BS, but have not confirm the PG & i may not be taking VG leh.. still considering.. did u engage VG? Which PG did u engage?
happy.gif

huiling

hallo silentelf I did not take any VG, I got Terence Heng from Hurricadia for PG. which PG are you considering?

hallo MBD I'm not sure what are the price, cuz mine was not the conventional package.

silentelf

hi MBD, are u looking at lunch or dinner?

hi huiling, me considering ni<k g0h, desmond ho &amp; sam wong.., how's terence?
anyway, we will hold our decision till jan ...now really in holiday mood.., busy having gatherings.. hee..

tou2

Hi Huiling!!

Glad that your wedding went well :) It sound wonderful leh!! Was yours on 11 Dec? I was there for a wedding dinner and Sunil told me that he had a bar wedding that afternoon and I thought of you
happy.gif

Wow, so the chocolate fondue was a hit?! I was sure it would be! I missed my preps for my wedding leh.. I had a great experience with Regent. My email is [email protected]

April gal, why don't you talk to Sunil instead?

parisgirl

Huiling,
Congrats to yr successful wedding! Mine was a luncheon like yrs too. I have AD photos to share with u. Can u leave yr email add so tat i can send u the link to my website to see my AD photos.

Tougei, I had sent u email abt my webbing website..u can see my AD and PS photos too.

tou2

Hi smallgirl

Saw your pics liao. Your PS photos are very well taken leh
happy.gif
You look really photogenic and radiant in the pics. No wonder you like to take pics so much
happy.gif
I think your love story is so touching and I really wish you and your hubby all the best!!

joy_june

hello all,,
it has been so long since i last signed in. seem like there are many negative remarks on Regent.

I am very keen to know more on the balloon decorate and what to watch out for. Small gal can you share your experiences and photo with me? Can you send to my email: [email protected]?

Thank you

I am meeting the coordinator next week.. hope things will turn out well for me..

dv1adm2

hi all..

hmm is regent really that bad? seen the package and it looks really exciting with all the themes and music accompanying..
can anyone else give some account of their experiences?

silentelf

hi froggie.., yeah..its their themes which attracted me in the first place.. So far, my experience with the co-ordinator has been pleasant. Anyway mine still quite some time away, just hope everything will go on smoothly..
PM me if u need anything..
happy.gif

ja_ja

hi gals... have your coordinators asked you to view the miracles set up for someone else wedding? I went for one for tranquility... a little bare though ... I still prefer chinois...

Froggie, so far my experience good with coordinator and chef.

Jam

silentelf

hi jam, i have seen jazz &amp; tranquility. Agree that tranquility is quite bare on stage but the candles are very pretty.., i might be taking tat if i they could do something to the stage.. presently, i'm waiting for a chance to see the garden theme, i think they call it dreamz, cant remember....

ja_ja

Silentelf
isn't garden theme summer jazz? dreamz is with coloured lights?

I only have 25 tables so already achieve effect of a spacious room, likely to stick with chinos, and with little modifications.
Jam

silentelf

hiya jam.., i heard that they are removing the theme with coloured/florescent lights and replaced it with something very 'garden'... and actually I tot summer jazz is for lunch banquet... though i cant confirm becos my patrina says i can wait till few mths before my AD to decide the theme &amp; who knows it might change again ;) and i think chinois is nice too!

To all who celebrate CNY, "Happy Chinese New Year!" and take more angpows!

silentelf

Hi Yuki, yes i will b holding my AD in Regent. I think it would be best for u to meet her up in person. So far, i'm quite satisfied with her service. ;)

hunniepot

Hi ladies

I held my wedding at Regent last year as well but it left me with alot of unnecessary headache..

1. My coordinator seldom gets back to me as promised.. even minor issues like giving me the contact details of the printer.. he will take weeks to do so when he promised he will email us the following day after our meeting (and I had to chase him for that.. this is part of the reason why most of the wedding deliverables were late and we ended up having a mad rush throughout the planning process)

2. I ordered 200 inserts for the invitation cards.. and my coordinator only gave us 120 cards! (I did not double check the number of cards he gave us as I trust that he will give me the same no of cards as the inserts.. ) and to my horror, I only realised that I had insufficient cards just 1 month b4 my dinner and I had to finish delivering all the cards during the long weekend then.. so I had to call my coordinator, begged the printer to open shop for us just to collect the additional cards (they were very unwilling to do so) and I had to trouble my brother to make his way down to their office to collect the cards from them..

3. My coordinator was very hospitable towards us b4 we signed the contract.. always gave us drinks.. treated us to a cafe at Regent.. after we signed the contract.. no drinks were offered at all during the subsequent meetings and we had to ask for water (and he really brought us plain water!)

4. He promised us that he will be the only person whom we deal with throughout the planning process and he will definately be present during our wedding dinner itself.. the last straw came when he called my hubby 2 weeks b4 the banquet to inform us that he will be going on URGENT leave during our wedding (if it is really urgent leave.. could he be able to take it 2 weeks in advance? It is definately a planned leave) so he would have to leave the coordinating to another colleague of his..

5. I got so fed up then that I emailed his boss (by the way.. my coordinator is the DIRECTOR of catering at Regent) and complained about his conduct and service.. I then asked for compensation but she refused to give me any.. (no sincereity at all!) saying that the most they would do is to station more pple at my banquet to ensure its success.. yes indeed.. the banquet went very well and there were many helpers.. but it has left me with a very bad impression of Regent and its service..

The purpose of having a coordinator is for us to entrust everything in his / her hands.. and to make sure that everything on the big day itself goes on smoothly as planned.. and not like my case where I had to chase my coordinator for every nitty-gritty details.. if you guys are really bent on going for Regent.. you can consider getting Priscilla as your coordinator.. she was the stand-in coordinator for us on our banquet day.. was pretty pleased with her service on that day..

vixen

oh my gosh! i have booked regent hotel last year for my wedding this year and after i read about your experiences, i am really worried... hope nothing happen during my AD.

vixen

hi silver27,

it is not too early to book, but i would suggest you check with them when are they going to have a wedding show... if you sign up during their wedding show, there will be more perks thrown in.

hope that helps.

tou2

Hi Vixen

Please don't stress yourself too much over this
happy.gif
I think there are always good and bad experience with any hotels or BS. Sometimes it really depends on your chemistry with the person or even luck.

I do not mean to belittle Jie Mei's experience (that's why I hesitated to write earlier)... but I feel that i have to share my experience to provide another opinion ... I had the Director of Catering as my main co-ordinator as well and I had a wonderful experience (from before signing the contract to my wedding itself). The service was impeccable and he was very helpful and we have all kinds of funny requests eg. song dedication board, pitchers of water with cut strawberries in it, bubble guns along the aisle etc...

During our planning, he brought in the florist especially to talk to us on the deco, prepared for another separate tasting session with the chef just for the western dessert we ordered, arranged for a rehearsal the weekend before my wedding to try out the bubble guns. For my PS, he opened the bar especially for our photoshoot, provided us with a room to rest and change, and even provided us with drinks and snacks. On my AD, my helpers forgot to setup the song dedication board (he helped me decorate with lovely flowers), and I actually saw him hurriedly helping us to set it up. In short, we were very touched and impressed with his service.

So, do give Regent a chance
happy.gif
And for those who had signed up already, please don't fret over your decision and enjoy the process
happy.gif

vixen

hi silver27,

it is not too early to book, but i would suggest you check with them when are they going to have a wedding show... if you sign up during their wedding show, there will be more perks thrown in.

hope that helps.

vixen

Thanks for sharing, tougei. At least some good feedback to reassure myself..

For me, I just hope that the hotel will help to lessen my stress on the day, and not add stress.

My co-ordinater is Evelyn.. so far had not been to see their themes yet. what was your theme? i quite like the candles one...

bethan

I agree with jimei and hunniepot.

My experience with Regent isn't great either. Very disappointing. I got a feeling that it's Regent's practice to not have the coordinator - the one who has been liaising with you - around on your wedding day. I don't know the rationale for such a practice but i felt showed up when my coordinator wasn't around at the dinner. There was only a captain at the banquet and I didn't even know that he was the in-charge! I wasn't even recommended to him. I got to know that he was the in-charge only after the dinner. And frankly, although he did try to be nice, the dinner got lots of boo boos. The music was not coordinated properly, resulting in 10 seconds cold moment before the first dish song was played. I didn't have a clue as to what I was supposed to do after the couple toasting - I literally looked at the captain, and waited for his cue which was not timely at all, resulting in another anti-climax - can you imagine the bride literally waiting - on the stage - not knowing what to do?. Then there was no smoke effect for the second march in, or first march in, as promised. And we had some special arrangement for the first march in, which the captain said he didn't anticipate at all - of course, bcos all the while, we'd liaised with the coordinatorssss, not him. O yes, the colour theme we'd spent a few sessions discussed over - it didn't happen and they didn't bother to inform me. I only saw the changes on the actual day. If I didn't call the coordinator abt it, she'd never explained that there was a change.

It was a lousy experience. I've never seen so many boo boos at a wedding. Never thought that it'd be my own wedding. I'd never ask anybody to use Regent.

O ya, Wele was ONE of my coordinators. He was nice, follow-up properly and all. But again, on the actual day, it could well be another story.

vixen

oh my, but there's nothing much i can do about it as i had already put a deposit for it last year... i guess i just have to go down 1 day beofore my AD to confirm everything one final time with them.

i sincerely hope that everything will be a-okay... i really do not wish to lose my temper during my wedding dinner...

yuki31

Hi,

u meant that there are a lot co-ordinator throughtout after the booking?

heard a lot bad comment abt Regent so now having 2nd thoughts of whether to book Regent for my AD

ja_ja

Hi I have sth positive to share about Regent...

My bro has his wedding couple of years back. He suggested I try Regent for my wedding. My coordinator is Jeanie, and she followed up well with us without us chasing... the miracle viewing, the cards, introducing florist, baker, securing the room for our solemnisation etc.

I agree with Tougei, many a times, we must communicate our expectations clearly before AD. If we are still not sure, involve a AD in-charge (one of couple's trusted pal?) and run through with coordinator. The hotel is aware of some of the uneasiness here and I was told they will work on the weak areas to make things work on our BIG day.

To all who have signed up, have a BLESSED WEDDING at REGENT! ...There was a book on GOOK LUCK - it does not happen by chance, rather we are responsible for the planning and contigencies in place to make things work.
Jam

yuki31

Hi Jam,

IS Jeanie nice to talk to and generous with the perks? I heard that Regent do not really give out additional perks as they insist that their packages are very competitive.

Do you have to pay extra for the room for solemnisation?