Regent Singapore

parisgirl

dear camy,
sorry for the late reply. haven't been checking this thread of late. my wedding is next week...feeling excited and nervous.
yes, i have regent packages with me but the pricing is for year 2005.
no, i can't nego for free upgrade...if u read thru the regent forum, you will realize that regent is very hard-nosed with additional perks!
they are strict with alcohol too..
wat i like best about regent is the excellent service, can swap the menus, nice wedding favours..etc..

camiberry

Dear smallgirl,

Congratulations on your coming wedding! i bet u r nervous. I will too, esp when the day gets closer. Just stay cool & remember to breathe ok?

No problem! i've approached Regent for the package & will be meeting evelyn this coming friday for viewing & further discussion. Can i gate crash your wedding lunch next week? kekeke... just kidding. But would love to see what regent can do for the deco. Do share with us your nice nice AD pix when it's ready ok?

btw, can u share with me your menu too. honestly, i've not tried the food at regent though i've heard so many good reviews on it. if u don't mind that is.

[email protected]

many thanks in advance! stay happy, relax & be a beautiful bride ya!

silentelf

Hi All..

I'm new to this thread.. just want to share some experience we just had..

We are interested in Regent too.. but recently me & FH are facing some troubles when we intend to go ahead with our booking..

Firstly, the date that we chose happened to be on a public hol eve (we did not check out the public hol for 2006, totally forgotten abt it. but i tot most hotel include pub hol or eve?) and the date was set around Aug this yr..

FH called them, they checked the date, told us it was a public holiday eve & consider to be a 'peak period'. Min no. of tables increased to 40. I went to the wedding show early this yr.. that time was still 30 tables.

Then we took almost 2 mths.. struggling whether to change our dates for Regent.. Parents discourage us, they would rather we change venue. (We went to another 3 hotels. Well, maybe not enough..) And finally, we changed our date.. (just for info, i did not engage anybody to read the 'tongshu', we just went to a good fren of mom & selected some good dates..) So we did, selected another few dates..

Then we called them again. And guess what they told us?? Min. no. of tables for friday is 35!!! At tat time during the wedding show, the package is 30. Anyway..the person who picked up the phone is not any of the wedding planner.., so she said she will ask one of the wedding planner to call us... we are still awaiting for the call..

Frankly speaking.., we can still managed with 30 tables.. but 35 or 40 is really out.. I am extremely disappointed now..

I really do hope the wedding planner will do something for us.. Otherwise I will give Regent a miss... If u ask me, why we like Regent so much.., its becoz of the themes..and their flexibility in interchanging the menus.., the complimentary jazz..,.. (maybe we should check out their themes again.., dunno whether they change anything??) sighz.. ..

Thanks all for reading my 'lo so' grumblings..

silentelf

hmm...i just remembered.. the wedding show/workshop was not early this year.. it was in july.. wow.. only 4 mths.. they changed their package? ok nevermind..all my wild guesses.. once I receive their reply.. i will update this thread for all Regent interested parties..
happy.gif
(or should i
sad.gif
)

silentelf

Hi All...

For those who have read my previous posts...here are the updates of what happened..
I received a call from someone of Regent..(not the one that we used to spoke to, she's in a meeting).. this guy confirmed that the min no. of table for friday is 35.

We were really disappointed. FH wanted to give up but I tot I should call the person who spoke to us before in the wedding workshop for further clarification. So we did.

And know what? The min no. of tables for friday is 30, sat & sun is 35 lah! (Subject to auspicious dates & eve of pub hol & pub hol, these special days will increase to 40). We wonder whether the guy who called us is new??

Indeed, their package has changed again last mth so the one i'm holding since July 05 is no longer valid. For those who are still holding that one, u may want to ask them to send u their revised package.

Pls wish me luck as I will be going down to meet the catering mgr for further 'bargaining'.. (Hope to be a Regent bride
happy.gif
)

camiberry

hi silentelf,

great! me too, am in the process of further negotiating with Regent for better deals. Hope to get what i bargain for. I'll keep my fingers cross for both of us!

hehehee...
kao_cheers.gif

silentelf

Hi Camiberry!

Thanks thanks.. i will be meeting Patrina this weekend.. But I dunno how flexi is she.. (anyone has any comments on her?)

U taking weekday or weekend? I told her my requirements over the phone, seem like she a bit cannot 'cham siong'.. I heard that Regent will not easily give in for any bargaining...

Any current Regent bride who could provide us with some advises? Did they ever give 2 nites bridal suite for the newly wed? Worst.. no pre-dinner for couple before banquet..
sad.gif
(got to prepare yourself..)

but camy we shall not give up the 'bargaining' K?
happy.gif

All the best! If possible, pls advise me what to bargain hor.. *wink wink*

jennifer_teoh

hi silentelf,
my sis jz had her wedd dnr at regent hotel yest nite.. fyi, she had two nites stay in the bridal suite... and ther is a 60bucks voucher for her to use... it can b used as the pre-dinner for couple before banquet.. ;)
hope tis info is useful..

silentelf

Hi Jen!

Thanks for the tip.. I shall check it out with the wedding co-ordinator..
How's your sis's wedding? Care to share your experience?

Thanks thanks!

silentelf

Hi Jiemei,

oh dear..so sorry to hear that it didnt work out for you.. hope u are alrite ya?
Would u want to advise what happened to your wedding banquet to us?

Take care k..

beagle

Hi silentelf,
I just had my wedding at Regent. Patrina is our coordinator and she is v nice and helpful. Not to worry when talking to her

silentelf

Hi jiemei...

huh..serious..?? how can the service drop so badly? isn't it 1 waiter to 1 table?

did u complain to your co-ordinator (dont care about her attitude leow)? or go to somebody higher... i'm sure such a 5star hotel will do something to provide good post-sales customer service..

Besides.. as we all know, regent is not cheap.., of course all brides would want their $ for this once in a lifetime event to be worthwhile..

hope u could obtain a proper explaination from them.. let us know what u going to do k?

*pat pat*

madrock

hi jiemei

Is sad to hear about what has happened. Really can't believe that Regent standard so bad. Last time when I attend the dinner I am very impress by their service. How come things changes so badly. Lucky I didn't sign up regent. Initally still want to sign up cos of their service. Lucky I am still searching around.

silentelf

Hi jiemei.. i agree, if u want to go all the way, go ahead... it is really hard to accept such service from a reputable hotel like this. i heard many good reviews yet if the stardard really drops so drastically, it is right to get wat u want..

parisgirl

Dear all,
I just had my wedding at Regent few days ago. Many of my guests told me the food was good! Food was not oily, salty and too sweet. It is 1 waiter per table. Food served is warm. Service was good. Thumbs up to my co-ordinator and her team!

parisgirl

Wat surprised me was Regent provided kid friendly utensils for little toddlers and children. The utensils are hard type of plastic ( i dunno how to describe) which is easy for kids to hold.
I hired a balloon artists to pump balloons for little children as well as decorate the reception area. My guests had fun time throwing confetti and blowing bubbles.

janni

Hi smallgial, that's a great idea... how much is it to engage the balloon artists? can email me some of your banquet photos, if you dun mind...
kao_sticktongue.gif

[email protected]

and who is your co-orinator? My FH and I were thinking of signing up with regent, but was a little disappointed with the attitude of the co-ordinator.

Hi jiemei, who was your co-ordinator? dun be upset.. be happy...
kao_smile.gif

hmm... a little curious.. like what silentelf has mentioned, regent is 1 waiter to 1 table service, so it shouldn't turn out this way (by right..) and how could the "person on-top" reply in such irresposible manner...

ohh.. i do wanted to sign up for regent... hmm...must really check it out first..

silentelf

Hi gals.. met up the co-ordinator last week.. i must say that she is helpful & enthusiastic..

Hi Jane.., maybe when u meet them, your views would be different.. sometimes over the phone quite difficult to judge.. at first I thot they doesnt sounds very interested..but after a while they are actually ok... at least for mine.. i'm quite satisfied so far.. good luck gal..
happy.gif

janni

Hi silentelf, we met up with my co-ordinator twice.. HE doesn't like smiling and sounds aloof...
there were times when he says that he will find out some information for us and reply us by monday (example), when he still haven't reply us on tuesday, my FH called up and he sounds like he already forgotten, and in the end, he only give us the information a week later...
kao_cry.gif

My FH is very displeased and unwilling to sign up, if he is to be our co-ordinator...
hmm.. can tell me your co-ordinator name? I think gals will be easier to talk to also...

Hi jiemei, thanks for the advice.. we are still thinking.. if you dun mind, can email me your co-ordinator's name, so I know who to "siam"...
kao_sticktongue.gif

[email protected]

beagle

Hi silentelf,
Good to hear you from that both of us have the same view about Patrina.

Hi Jane,
Just one tot, if you like Regent but can't stand your coordinator, would you consider asking for another coordinator? After all Regent got more than one staff and others are helpful.I may have seen the other coordinator ( male and i not sure if he is the one you are talking about ). He was talking to another couple and don't seem to be very enthusiastic. ( outward appearance ). That's my humble suggestion and hope you don't mind.

silentelf

Hi Jane..

hmmm..havent seen the guy before.. (maybe he's the one who gave me wrong info when i enquired abt the min no. tables over the phone last time..*wild guesses..:p) *heng my coordinator not him..

My coordinator is Patrina.., nice lady.. u can look for her *wink

janni

Hi silentelf and Nelson, thanks for the advice and recommendation...
kao_happy.gif

hopefully, she is better than my present one...
kao_smile.gif

can share with me your package, so what i know what to ask for...
kao_embarrassed.gif

Thanks in advance...
kao_kiss.gif

beagle

Hi Jane,
I got my wedding package more than a year ago. I think cant compare like this. Prices may likely increase. Perks also may vary here and there. Regent may have different themes. I think comparing notes with silentelf is beter. She might even have other packages, my guess. Mine is out of date.

If all of you do not mind, here are some thoughts i like to share.
1. Banquet price - Try to lower it. Even if the reduction is $20 per table is still worth asking. Imagine, $20 x 35 tables.
2. Upgrade of bridal room to a suite - What discounted price can they offer.
3. Tea ceremony function room - Can provide FOC
4. Ask from Patrina, the various additional items that can come FOC : chair covers, increased in percentage in wedding invitation cards ( more better ), free used of equipment like microphones, discounted price for their used in their overhead projectors.
5. Patrina have a list of things that she can go FOC, i forgot most of them as i didn't utilise everything she says.
There are abit more items you may need to go in detail. Patrina may go thru those items, what is included and what can't be. And she is very competent and helpful. Most of all, I found that Patrina is willing to go thru that details. Some other coordinates may not entertain you that much. Be specified with those details like amount and cost

Is alot of work, but i believe is worth all the time effort and energy. And beneath all this, satisfaction and memorable at the end. Yours will definately be like that.

janni

Hi Nelson and silentelf, thanks for all your information and help...
kao_happy.gif

I will make an appointment with Patrina, if it's all turn well, gonna thank you two most...
kao_cheers.gif

Hi silentelf, I received your email too... thank you.. thank you..
kao_kiss.gif

simontemplar23

Hello jiemei

You must be so unlucky to have such things occur on your wedding. It's strange since I have yet heard anything bad about the hotel before you.....oh well, guess it can happen in any place you want right?

pinkimi

hi all,
my wedding at regent is in a few weeks time. i will like to find out if anyone knows what is the rate to book an additional hotel room for that night.

anyone had engaged the band to perform additional set? is the band good and what is the price?

janni

Hi jiemei, thanks for the advice.. will do so when we meet the coordinator...
kao_smile.gif

thanks for all your advice and help... we are meeting our coordinator
new.gif
soon... so hopefully, everything turns out well..
kao_blush.gif

thelovebox06

Hi Nelson and silentelf, i heard Regent service and food is good. Do u think two of u can share with me your wedding package? I am looking for a hotel to hold my wedding in dec 06. many places are fully booked. sob sob. Did u get free flow of beer in Regent? Does it have a long aisle?
May i have Patrina's email address? thk u so much

please email me at [email protected]

beagle

Hi silentelf,
Nice to hear that you have signed up with Regent.
Nevertheless, i like to encourage you to continue to write down some feedbacks from here (or anywhere) and not leave it entirely to Regent. Hope i dun sound like a kay po.
Best wishes to your coming wedding and your future married life.

Hi nicole,
Dec is a very hot date. Sorry i have deleted my wedding package and couldn't sent it to you.
i guess silentelf have sent you the email address.
As for the food , i rate it as satisfactory. Is because my guest complain about 1 particuilar dish else it could have been better.
Best wishes to you too..

Nelson

silentelf

Hi Nelson..

sure do, will give feedbacks as & when it goes. However as of now, I dunno what stuff to feedback.. Cos I was told that we only have to meet up the co-ordinator 3 mths before the AD. Which means perhaps I have nothing much to feedback till then..?? :D No lah.. u not kaypo.. u 'old bird', most of us here will need your wise words.. *gee..
biggrin.gif

janni

Hi Nelson, yes.. i agree with silentelf... we will need your advice and any others.. thank you hor..
kao_blush.gif

Hi silentelf, oh.. you have signed up.. I still thinking what else to bargain with regent, but it's really getting nowhere..
kao_cry.gif

Will keep you all update, though.. btw, when is your AD? Mine is next year..
kao_happy.gif

silentelf

Hi Jane,

hmm.. u try to bargain first but of course u need to set your priorities.. dun see ppl have, u also want. Must know whether u need it in the first place.. then at least u can narrow down the stuffs u really really need... Some things is a want not a need.. so be sure what u want lor..

Ya i just signed up cos I think more or less what i need is there already leow lor..
My AD in Nov 2006
happy.gif
Now looking for BS *sweat.. one after another.. hehe..

janni

Hi silentelf, thanks for the advice... yes, i understand what you meant... I will remember...
kao_kiss.gif

hey... we share the same month, nov 2006...
hmm... maybe we can share some notes on our preparation, so we can remind each other too...
kao_blush.gif

yes... i agree, one thing after another.. we already set plans for our next preparation...
kao_embarrassed.gif

beagle

Hi Jane and silentelf,
So nice to see both of you found yourself a buddy to do this 'big' organizing work.

Anyway, Jane 1 of the items i can remember bargaining for is the invitation card. Patrina may not have the same idea that we need more of these cards. But from the many experiences and including mine, 60% of the attendance is not enough. Bargain for more. Rem you gonna invite as many people as you like. And your invitees will definately be more than the actual attendance, regardless whether you rsvp or not. Give for example, there are relatives or friends who may not come but you may still, out of formality, send them an invitation card. It shows your sincerity etc. So try to bargain for more. Unfortunately, i couldn't remember the other things that i have ask, but silentelf is rite about us not needing the same things, i try to post if there are things you may like to consider.

janni

Hi Nelson, thanks for the advice..
kao_blush.gif
yes, do keep it coming..
kao_happy.gif

Hi silentelf, yes.. have already met up with her.. will keep you update whenever...
kao_smile.gif

piggybride

Hi all

I just signed the package with Prisclla from the Regent. Hope she is not the bad co-ordinator that jie mei is talking about... she is ok so far.. but seems like not much to bargain cos mine is lunch with 15 - 20 tables.. lots of stuff like beer and food tasting not available...

silentelf

Hi Huiling.. welcome to this thread..:D, I have seen & spoke to Pris b4.., 1st impression was quite nice.. U confirmed your pkg liao huh?

huiling

hallo all!

I just had my wedding at Regent hotel!! If you have read the archive from ages ago *wink* I'm the one who wanted to have my wedding at The Bar. It was a dream wedding, better than I expected. The place was cosy and speaks of style and class. The service was excellent, and the food was delicious, my guests love the dessert table, especially the chocolate fondue. They had loads of fun dipping the fruits into the fondue. The staff went the extra mile to design the dessert presentation. Everthing was thumbs up!

for wedding favours, because I only had 50 guests, I chose to put all the wedding bears into one big basket (decorated with ribbons)and went around the tables distributing them. What surprises me was that some of the guys actually like the bears! though not all. wahhhha. never thought that any guy would enjoy soft toys.

Instead of floral stands, i exchange all of it for long stalks of roses, to give out to the female guests. They were burgundy red roses. however there were like 50% of the roses that were in poor form. Good thing, not many of my guests opted for the roses, so all that were distributed out were good looking enough.

Hallo busybee! your wedding was yesterday??? how was it? must share photos! by same photographer....!