Regent Singapore

glory

Hi Jessica,

The package is at $520+++ per table. Menu also has sharks fin and decoration, stay at the suite, cards, etc. Things that a wedding couple would need. Really good deal. Why don't you call and make an appt to see the hotel. When i was there they brought me up to their Bridal Showrm and really nice, you can touch and feel the setup in full and even get to see their wedding favours.

As a client, I really felt very comfortable by the way they took care and take time to really explain to me what to look out for and what to expect during the planning.

Give it a try and have the first hand experience.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

jessica

hi glory,when did you sign up with them?The price is simply irresistable! Who is your wedding coordinator?Did you sign up for weekday/weekend package??

sweetysweetgal

Hi Jessica,

Juz checked with Agnes from Regent abt their Simplicity package. She told me that the package only valid until Aug 2003 (dinner held until Aug 2003). It not valid for period after that....;(

jessica

Anybody out there have got complimentary wine/table from the regent hotel??I find their corkage for wine is quite ex.

lynette

The current pricing for regent hotels are $698+++ for weekdays and $788+++ for fridays and sundays and $828+++ for saturdays.corkage for wine is at $26+++ no corkage for hard liqour brought in.

zippy

Hi Lynette,

Just wondering why the package that Regent sent me few days back was different from yours? Me still looking for dates in December 2003 for about 30 tables. Most of the hotel don't have anymore weekend dates available. Didn't know must book that early, no choice might be looking at weekday instead. In fact, weekday is so much cheaper. Regent is having promotion now, they offer only $618+++ for weekday. Fri & Sun at $668+++ and Sat at $738+++. The package is really quite good. I am now trying to convince my MIL to have the customary day on weekend, but dinner on weekday. Btw, I think no point paying corkage of $25+++ since their special wine list that can cater to pretty good wine range from $26+++ for Australian wine. Save all the hastle as well, what you think?

lynette

Hi,zippy.Can i have your contact no/email address? I need to clarify this with them as i have alreadly confirm my booking with them and I am paying $698+++ for a weekday package!

cheery

Hi,zippy.I have checked out with the regent hotel hotel.The price list that you have is only during promotion period 16 may 2003 till 31 August 2003 and it is only valid for wedding held before 31 December 2003.So,if your wedding falls during December 2003, I would advise you hurry grab this offer provided you do not mind weekdays as all the weekends have been fully taken up by couples who signed up long ago

glory

Hi jessica,

u can reach me at : [email protected]. sori, jus returned from holidays. My co-ordinator is Agnes, she's the Wedding Consultant.

When I first called, I spoke with Lewis, he passed me to Agnes to handle cos' she was on duty when I went to see the hotel on a Sunday.

Hear from you soon.
Ciao!

glory

Hi Jess,

package is flexible. the hotel feel is very comfortable, very classy and still feel relaxed.
people there are very good and professional and accommodating. i exchange the menu and did not need cards, got additional flowers for decoration. that's important to me.

let me know if u need help.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

The Regent Hotel is offering a talk for wedding couples on Fri, 25 July 2003 on the topic "What is your auspicious date?". Registrations starts from 7.00 PM and the talk will start on 7.30 PM. <FONT COLOR="ff0000">For reservations, please contact Ms Angie Kwek at 6739-3058</FONT>. Admission is free.

There will be a Geomancer with a talk and followed by Reception. You can also enquire about your auspicious date at a fee of only S$30 at the talk.

For more info, please call Ms Angie Kwek at 6739-3058.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

kite~

Hi PK,

May i know how much did u pay for the bridal package at Vogue Bridal Arts? Is it good? i find they have really very nice n sweet gowns. Btw i cant view your pics, can u show me? thanks.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dor,

There will be an upcoming bridal show at The Regent in late September. More details will be made available here when we have them.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

mookie22

Hi, would anyone like to share why they picked Regent over other hotels despite its location? I'm looking for a classy place with good food for aboout 20 or so tables, and heard that the Tanglin room is not bad. Please share
happy.gif

priviledged

HI mookie22, we picked the Regent BECAUSE it was classy and had good food. We were not disappointed. Our guests were raving about the food long after our wedding was over (we booked the basic Golden knot package, I think). Everyone commented on how elegant the wedding was. We had ours in the Pavilion Ballroom.

halo

we r having our dinner in
Tanglin Room. in mid october. We chose Regent because
1) the ballroom looks quite nice with the decoration
2) food is nice...a lot of my colleagues have been telling me the food is very nice. I went for food tasting liao and it was really good I must say
3) the wedding consultant is a nice person to deal with.
4) and we booked during a fair, so got good deals too.

I think what matter most is the food and decor..location wise is not too bad either.

four_seasons

What's the banquet price for a Sat wedding in 2003 ? around 10 tables. Can anyone share. Also, Regent is a Four Seasons Hotel, but in terms of rating guess it is still lagging behind Four Seasons Hotel. say about 3 to 4 stars. Quite a remote area. Does any one know it's rating ?

mookie22

Hi Priviledged &amp; halo, thanks for the feedback. Seems like general comments abt Regent is that it is elegant &amp; the food is good.

halo, do u mind describing the set up &amp; deco in Tanglin Rm? are there pillars &amp; how's the height of the ceiling?

Hi fourseasons,
Regent had 3 packages for any day. For Fri-Sun, the prices are $698, $748 and $798, subject to serv chrg &amp; taxes. I'm waiting to receive the package details.

halo

actually the room layout is very simple. A rectangular room, no pillar with 2 rows of table, 10 each side. So the wedding march could be a bit long from entrace to stage. The ceiling not too low but not those very high one too. the wedding consultant will let u choose the color theme, got white, gold or red.

jessica

I have no doubts that regent is very classy.However,my views on regent is that they are not consistent with their packages.They change their packages as and when they like it.So whichever package you take up will really DEPEND ON YOUR LUCK.

mookie22

anyone knows the height of the tanglin room?
there are 2 pics on regent's website. wondering whether the one with shutter windows is the tanglin room.

tanlea

i think the height of the tanglin ballroom about 3 metres. the ballroom setup is very nice and cosy and has a long aisle. but it may be quite squeezy if u have more than 18 tables. 2 columns of table. u just missed the bridal show on 28 Sep.

but the ballroom theme is very very nice.

shutter windows? i dun recall got windows leh.

kite~

Hi,

May i know is Regent under 4 Seasons hotels? how many ballrooms are there in Regent hotel? is there any ballrooms cater for 25 to 30 tables? thanks

jessica

The Regent is owned by the Four Seasons Hotel. There are 2 ballrooms in Regent Hotel.One located at the lobby named Royal Pavillion and other located on the second level named Tanglin Room. The royal pavillion ballroom can cater for 30-50 tables.

kite~

hi,

went down to view regent's ballroom. indeed the royal is spacious with high ceiling n long aisle which makes it looks very nice. i like the hotel n lobby itself, very grand n classy. however, the manager told us weekend is 40 tables min. however i hv abt 33 tables.........just wondering is there other ballrooms cater for 33 tables for wkends? thanks.

kite~

hi,

may i know is there any pillar at royal ballroom cos i cant recall right now. btw i tried to make a tentative booking with regent but they dont allow me
sad.gif
how come???

they told me even i make a tentatively booking i need to give them my answer after 5 days.
proud.gif

pls. advise! thanks.

grin

Hi kite,

40 tables is for Saturday. If your dinner is on Fri or Sun, min is 35. There are 2 pillars, abt 1/4 from the back. Donno abt the tentative booking rule. What I did was choose a date and if someone else wanted the same date later on, they would tell me so I could confirm first.

kite~

hi grin,

so hv u actually sign up with regent? who is ur co-ordinator? is regent accomodating? thanks.

grin

Hi,

Yup I've signed up with them. My co-ord is evelyn. She's quite nice and allowed some concessions. But if you read the earlier posts on this thread, regent is generally not as accomodating as some other hotels. So what they show you is pretty much what you get.

kite~

Hi Grin,

So when will be ur wedding? i have just confirmed with Regent, will be going down soon to pay the deposit. phew after searching for so much hotels ard. I will be meeting Agnes, not sure she is the manager or co-ordinator? hope everything will go smooth. did u negotiate b4 deposit?

which ballroom u wil be holding ur wedding? mine wil be e royal ballroom. btw will the 2 pillars at royal obstruct my guest's view? thanks.

grin

Hi kite,

Nice to hear from another regent bride! My dinner is Dec next year, also the royal ballroom. When's yours? Agnes is the weeding consultant, I hear she's a nice lady. Yup, we negotiated b4 paying the deposit. Think it's best if you clear up all doubts before handing over hard-earned cash ya?
happy.gif
Also some changes they have to check with their boss first. Donno if the 2 pillars are going to block anyone. Guess it depends on how many tables you're having. I can't believe that room can take 50 tables. Saw it set up for a function b4, 16 bigger-than-usual tables and it looked a bit squashy already.

kite~

hi grin,

hey my wedding will be same as ur Dec next yr. ^5. hehe when is exactly ur wedding? cos i try to book some dates on dec 04, they were fully booked. guess 1 of them is u. hehe. so how many tables u have and u got e promo (1 table free for every 10 tables &amp; 1 bottle of wine for per table)? i got it. so total inclusive of the 3 free tables, i hv 35 tables. just nice. mine wil be on sunday. urs?

Agnes will be the wedding consultant, so u mean another person will be our co-ordinator? Not agnes?

last week, i saw e wedding set up with 50 tables, i find very spacious n just nice, not cramped leh. hmm hv u been to see their decor? not sure what kind of decor theme they have? cos the one i saw last week is so-so only. wish i can change to those tealight candles floating on water kinds.

btw wat makes u choose regent? i have alot of headaches searching for hotels b4 deciding on this.

grin

Hi kite,

haha! looks like we have a lot in common! My diiner's on 12 Dec, also Sunday. Is yours on 19? I'm having 35 tables too...most hua lah :p
Saw you on another thread (Dec 2004 I think) Was saying it's a pity you didn't book during their wedding show cos they were offering $30 off per table on top of this promo.
They have 3 wedding "c-ords" Agnes, Evelyn n 1 more guy (can't remember name) Nicole is their boss. Evelyn did mention that their decor includes tea-lights floating in water. Exactly what you want! Maybe that couple you saw just didn't want it. But flowers only roses n geberras (is that how to spell?) No lilies! Boo hoo... I want lilies...

kite~

Hi Grin,

Yep! my wedding will be on sunday too, more wu hua hehe. mine will be on 5 Dec. Humpf so u r the one who book 12 Dec ah cos i oso want 12 n 19 hehe 19 esp is a very good date! wondering who book it. hehe so mine will be earlier than urs.

hmm so r u doing ur tea ceremony on 12 or separate? mine might be separate cos 5 dec is a so-so day. no choice cos most other hotels for dec dates r gone.

aiya miss e promo n e wedding show at regent. we r to blame cos only last 3 weeks, we just started our homework scouting for hotels, i shld hv start earlier, aiya.

luckily u! besides u gotten the $30 off per table, so i guess u oso entitle to 3 free tables n 1 free bottle of wine for each table. i calculate w the promo, mine costs $830 per table. aiya if got e $30 off, each table will cost only $800.

hmm so agnes will be with me throughout e planning of my wedding rite, heard she is quite nice.

oh really! they hv theme for tealight candles floating on water along e aisle?

how abt e food, heard not bad quite nice rite?

i like regent very much, very classy, good ambience n cosy.

kite~

hi grin,

now maybe hv to hold my wedding on 26 dec cos MIL say 5 dec so-so date. called regent n 26 dec still available, maybe change to 26 dec. tis weekend gg down pay deposit n wil confirm on e date.

grin

hi kite,

Oops, I meant floating tea lights for the table centrepieces. Aisle only flower stands, but can try asking...

Yeah methinks regent is cosy yet classy, like those chateaus in France that get featured in home decor mags. Food supposed to be prepared by the summer palace chef, so should be good... Have you eaten there before?

Actually wanted to hold it in Oct, but someone already chop the only good Sunday, so had to push it back to Dec. Just as well, now can slowly settle all the other things

kite~

Hi Grin,

oh! cos i wish to hv those tea light candle floating on water aisle, very romantic. :p

nope i hv never try the food there. u? tried e food there?

may i know is agnes professional, which age group does she belong to?

wat other perks did u bargain from ur co-ordinator?

grin

hi,

Ate there many many yrs ago. Food was excellent, but may have changed by now, donno... But the restaurant is still well-known n read many good comments so should be at least above average lah.

I've never spoken to Agnes so can't comment. She looks quite young, maybe late twenties? Haven't you met her yet? Thought you going to confirm already.

We managed to get a bit more parking, that's about it. Tried to get free use of projector, free printing etc but couldn't. Regent really quite hard to bargain. What about you? What extra perks are you going to ask for?

kite~

hi grin,

oic. btw i find regent thread is not very active n not alot of ppl hold their wedding at regent.

i spoke to agnes through the phone but never seen her before. last weekend, hubby n i just pass by regent n took a quick peep at regent. this wkend, then is my 1st time meet up with agnes to pay deposit.

oh really, hard to bargain...hmm well lol i hv already prepare 1 list of stuff to bargain with her leh. hehe not really 1 list but quite a few. most likely i will not need the 2nd nite at suite, so hope to exchange like increase no. of ppl for food tasting, increase 70% invitation cards, parking, n etc.

so which BS hv u sign with?

grin

hi kite,

Aiyah! Now you remind me! Was going to ask for 70% cards but forgot! *knock head*

Wah, you're well-prepared. Good for you! 1 night at the suite supposed to be quite ex, so think they will let you exchange for quite a few things.

Now that you mention it, yah not many other active posts on this thread. Wonder where all the other pple are?

BS still looking... >1yr can still afford to relax. Can't decide what we need, gotta thrash it out with HB first. Have you checked out any BS yet?

kite~

hi grin,

is it possible to bargain 70% card now? perhaps u can try asking.

yaloh seems like only 2 of us are active in this thread, wondering where are the others. perhaps regent is not that prominent.

so hv u actually seen the actual wedding setup at regent? any comments?

some ppl find e reception of royal ballroom is not big and no privacy. personally, i like the way regent is.
happy.gif
last sat, there was a wedding n the reception was decorated with flower petals, very sweet.

grin

hi kite,

Yup will try asking for 70% cards, but don think will get it. Pay $ already less bargaining power. Sigh...

Haven't actually seen a proper wedding setup. Last time went by myself and try to peep but got suspicious looks :p

I like the way regent is too. Anyway they block off half the lobby for your reception so privacy should be ok. Like the sofas and armchairs, v cosy.

Must be many regent brides out there leh, after all weekend dates almost gone.

When are you going there? Think Agnes will show you their permanent wedding showroom, co-ord day room n bridal suite. They quite well prepared.

kite~

Hi Grin,

i think probably u shld go at least once to see the real wedding set up, best time is abt 5 to 6 pm whereby everything wil be ready and no one will suspect u cos there are only the regent's staff setting up. dun go n view aftr 7pm where all guests starting to arrive.

yes i will be going down this wkend to meet Agnes. Oh really, ur co-ordinator showed u the permanent wedding showroom, co-ord day room n bridal suite? is the bridal suite nice n big?

btw how many person are entitle for food tasting? i wld like to bargain more this wkend.
happy.gif