Regent Singapore

grumpy

Yea... what a pity Agnes has resigned, she mentioned about pursuing her own interests outside the hotel wedding banquet industry. Wonder what she is doing, Wedding planer? Lets hope the incoming wedding coordinator is just as warm and friendly as Agnes. Nicole is standing in for now but I have not met her before.

dor

hi iluydia
i hv not done anything except i booked the hotel n bought my WG from allure which sell WG n EG n teadress. i m not taking any package, doing a-la-carte. i like to hv something i can visualise n try first instead of getting the designer to design which might not turn out like the one u wan. now i m sourcing for wedding shoe n photography.

kite~

Hi,

oh sorry to hear Agnes has resigned. Even in e end i didnt signed up with Regent but met her up before. she is very professional n accomodating. Really sad Regent lost 1 of its good planner.

iluydia

dor

you might want to lookup Benny Ang for photography. really impress with his studio and works.

please go to his studio at south bridge road. phone # : 62211152

i went to allure as well. Like their wedding gown
happy.gif
wow you still have lots of time to prepare yeah?

iluydia

kite

hehe...didn't realise you asking for px as well.

$599 each, for sale only. Each design comes in 3 pieces ( Small, medium & large )

they have new collection coming in every quarter.

jessica

I had my wedding at the regent on the 9th february 04.Most of my guests complimented that the food and service was very good.

The wedding coordinator for that night was very professional.I would say I have a very memorable and wondeful wedding at the regent hotel.

Absolutely no regrets!

My account manager ws agnes.find it a great pity that she has resigned.She was an excellent staff of the regent hotel.However,i sincerely wish her all the best for all her future endeavours!

jessica

I must agree with u gals that the regent hotel was indeed very very classy.I fall in love with the ambience the first time I step into the hotel lobby.

Afterall,I think it's worth every single cent I paid for my wedding banquet.The service of the hotel was simply GREAT!

iluydia

hey jessica

glad to hear that you have a memorable wedding dinner at regent : )

which menu did you take?

the only problem i have now is to educate my relatives on where regent hotel is... :p

kite~

hi jessica,

congrats! yes regent is very classy w nice ambience but too bad in e end i didnt sign up w them.

lovern

Hi,

can anyone help me out with choosing between Regent & Traders.

Mine is a small scale one abt 13 tables but the service rendered by Traders was not good.

I need more feedback on Regent. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Thanks a million!!

kite~

Hi Karen,

Trader n regent are very different. In fact u cant compare both of them since trader is 4 star n while regent is 5 star. Correct me if i m wrong. Regent is very very classy while trader is very normal to me.

Regent's ambience is great. they hv different level of ballroom (those function rooms), quite small for small amount of tables. y dont u call up regent n arrange an appointment to view their ballrooms?
happy.gif

lovern

Hi there,
can those who had had their wedding at Regent tell me whether the guest had problems locating the venue? was it rily outta the way?
i m lost bcz i m rily worried abt this, especially for the older ones who hardly visit town.
sad.gif

rily despo!!! can any1 help me with this?? THNX a MILLION!!

Hi! Regent brides
any of you have discuss things with Lewis (banquet manager? is he good? also any idea what is the wedding show abt?

elinwokk

Some folks of mine actually think The Regent style is very similar to Pan Pac's. Any comments from past brides or someone who knows? Is it true? Comparing the Pacific BallRoom and the Royal BallRoom, that is ...

kite~

hi Lovern,

frankly speaking, regent and trader hotels is abit out of the way. but regent is very classic, i fell in luv with the classy lobby when i 1st step into the hotel. but in e end i didnt choose regent.
happy.gif

hi elin,

i went Pan pac and regent's ballrooms viewing before. met up e co-ordinators from both hotels too. Pan pac's ballroom is very dreamy w intelligent lights..very romantic.
While regent hotel is more classy.
happy.gif

personally i prefer PP's ballroom. but regent got e overall classy ambience n amtosphere.

lovern

HI Jessica I am from SP but I don find your name familiar. sorry i rily got very bad memory or my name is 2 common so we may not be talking abt the same person

jessica

Hi Karen,

Long time no see!How have you been??I have lost touch with you since graduation.

I just had my wedding at the Regent Hotel on 9 February 2004.

I am Hui Xian.I Hope you still remember me.Reply through this thread if you know me.

rockyroad

Hello. I'm thinking of holding my wedding lunch at the Regent because I love the classy atmosphere. I just met with Lewis but he strikes me as someone rather difficult to negotiate with and their package does not have a lot of perks. Have any of you been able to negotiate for a waiver of corkage charge?

Thanks!

mapleleaves

hi rockyroad, i am also considering the lunch package at regent and i met up with evelyn. i thought they have waiver of corkage charges for hard liquor? (except for wine which you have to buy compulsory) she's also rather hard to negotiate for additional perks. i'm looking for tables around 15+ but as their beer will only be complimentary for 20 tables and above, she wasn't able to give me further discounts for the beer even though we lack only 5 tables... that's why i'm still considering whether to take it up because adding the beer and wine will meant a lot more...

rockyroad

Hi ahblur

Yes, there is a waiver of corkage for hard liquor but not wine and their wines are pretty pricey. I'm wondering whether I can get them to waive...I like the hotel a lot but there is a lot of extra costs once you include the alcohol, so I'm also considering. What other hotels are you thinking of?

mapleleaves

I'm also considering raffles the plaza, but however i find the dishes too normal. i also agreed with you, it's quite pricey after adding in the beer and wines, and they have a miniumum order quantity of 1 carton for their wines if you purchase from them else their corkage charge per wine is 20 bucks if i remember correctly. it adds up to alot. it seems like it's quite hard to negotiate for waiver as what the rest had voiced out in this forum... hmmm

odiey

Hi Jessica,

Understand you just had your dinner at Regent. Are you able to share your experience? May I know if you held it at the Royal Ballroom? I'm seriously considering Regent Hotel but I have a concern abt the 2 pillars there. Not sure if they can fit 40 tables without putting the tables behind the pillar.

Anyone also had the same concern? Any feedback?

Seems like it's really not easy to negotiate with Regent. How is your experience, Jessica?

Jessica, do you have any photos that you can share with me? You can email me at [email protected]

priviledged

HI Odiey, we had 42 tables at the Regent, and 2 of them were behind the pillar. So if you have 40 tables, you should be able to avoid the two pillars. Just let the coordinator know that this is very impt to you.

Our dinner at the Regent was just fabulous. The food was delilcious and was the talk of all our guests for months afterward. Nobody really complained about the tables behind the pillars. The ambience and setting were just very elegant. Our guests really enjoyed themselves and told us so.

odiey

Hi priviledged

Good to hear abt the good experience that you had. I shall let the coordinator know abt the concern.

tks!

bugbear

Hi All, can anyone kindly provide me with the contacts to the banquet coordnator? i tried sending emails to them, but no reply. Thks.

huiling

hi everyone!

I'm new to this thread and I'm also looking for a dinner venue. I have shortlisted a few hotels (we are only having 10 tables) and these are Regent Hotel, Trader hotel and Balmoral Hall at Plaza on scotts.

we love Regent hotel for its grand look, but they have low ceilings for their hall/function room. I'm thinking of a buffet, but per pax is $80+++. the person we talked to said that she will try to do what she can, and see if she can simplify the buffet menu.
my question is, is any of you trying to decorate the hall in such a way to minimise the appearance of the low ceiling?

i really love Plaza on scotts (Balmoral Hall), but the coordinator was rude. she kept repeating that the hotel does not really do weddings anymore (more of coporate gathering) and so they cannot provide us with decor. they only have one design for the wedding invite and it looks quite bad. so i thought i just try asking we can exchange the cards for something (anything also can, just try.) and she replied, "cannot lah!, cards how much only? what can you exchange it for?"

the coordinator is also disorganised, and throughout our meeting, she never smile at all.

sigh. we really love the balmoral hall at plaza on scotts, but i'm worried about the service. the hotel also gives me the impression that they are not interested in doing weddings.

for trader hotels, the price per pax is the cheapest.

any suggestion?

kismet

Hi Jessica and Priviledged

I'm having my wedding dinner at Regent. It was difficult to negotiate terms with them. Had a hard time pushing down the corkage charges with them and they seemed rather inflexible about a lot of things.

How were they when it came to things like ballroom decoration? Is it safe to leave that up to them or should I be playing a more active and assertive role? Was the service on the actual night of the dinner good? Did you have enough carpark coupons (20% of the guaranteed numbers, I believe)? Which settings did you choose and what flowers did you have with the setting?

jessica

Hi Kismet,

Instead of pushing down the corkage charge,you might as well purchase the wines from them. The corkage charge is as good as the price of a bottle of wine.

Agree that they are rather strict with any perks.They have their rules to follow.

As for ballroom decoration,you will get to make your selection closer to your date of wedding.

We chose Regent Hotel mainly because food and service was excellent.1 waiter to 1 table service.

We have more than enough carpark coupons.You can negotiate for 30% if you were apprehensive.

Give me your email address.I can send you the photo of the ballroom setup.

By the way,when is your wedding?

kismet

Hi Jessica

Would be grateful for the photo. Please mail me at [email protected]

My wedding is in Jan next year. MIL-to-be is very excited about the ballroom setup so I have to prepare her mentally for anything the hotel can't cater for

dor

hi kismet

hv someone almost the same time as me ;) my wedding is also in Jan next year at Regent. when is ur AD, mine is on 13th. Has anyone contacted you after agnes had resigned or evelyn is still handling it? so when are u goin for the food tasting and discussion on the decoration. i m not sure what to do at this moment, think it's still early isn't? i m still waiting for someone there to call me.

jessica

Hi Kismet,

I have sent you the photo of the ballroom setup.Please take a look.

And let me know if you do not receive it.

Thanks.

kismet

Thanks, Jessica. Got the photos. The place looked lovely!
happy.gif

Dor, my AD is on 9 Jan. Evelyn handled my booking from the start. According to the timeline she handed me, food tasting is supposed to be about two weeks(?) before the dinner and decor, about a month before that. Yeah, I guess it's kinda early right now. Jessica's ballroom setup was lovely. I'll talk to my MIL about it before confirming the setup. Is there a theme for your wedding?

H2B and I have started looking into the music. We don't like the choices given to us. However, H2B likes soppy songs and I like quirky ones so we'll have to hunt a bit more.:p

jessica

Hi Claudia,

I did not top up for the flowers.

The Regent Hotel has their own internal florist.So i dont think the flowers are from Gnome.

When is your wedding?