Rasel Catering Singapore Pte Ltd

ashlady

hi michelle!

hee...yes, i'm a sweet-tooth! The minute i went in, i tried all their desserts but i didnt try the Mochi! No more left
sad.gif
The rest of the cakes are all yummy! Oh, i love their shepherd's pie too! Going to have that in my menu.
kao_clap.gif

michelle_

hi ashlady,

i remember when i went in, the tray for mochi left less than 10 pieces which my family and i wipe off almost half of it, we have about 5 pax in total. Cannot control!
embarrassed.gif
I tried the shepherd's pie also, yummy! Heard that that's their speciality dishes.
biggrin.gif

ashlady

hi michelle,
Oh..hee..what exactly is mochi? can u describe to me? Is it cake or jelly? sweet? See if they allow me to exchange something for that.. keke :p

Oh, me getting lamb for shepherd's pie...do u think it'll be nice? thought chicken safer but got quite a lot of chicken dishes already..
happy.gif

dreymin

hi,

i didnt go to their workshop.
anyone taking their church lunch buffet? i am shortlisting lavish and rasel. any comments on both?

Hi Ashlady,
I tried their Mochi too and I love it! It's a sweet chewy dough with icing sugar on the surface. I'm drooling just thinking of it.

Shepherd's pie is supposed to be lamb, hence the name. The taste would be stronger compared to the chicken they have at their workshop. Personally I prefer it in lamb. Some people don't like the strong meaty taste of lamb.

Hi dreymin,
I'm not sure about lavish. Heard lots of good and bad comment about them. I think their premium dishes are meant to be quite good. Rasel has quite a few nice dishes. My personal favourite is the Mochi, Shephard's pie and lamb rendang.

ashlady

Hi freaky!
hee...i've heard so many good comments abt the Mochi that even though i havent try, i think it'll be worth in the menu! haha..shall ask Elsie abt it.

Heh..their chicken filling one is nice... bascially i'm a potato person also..haha
happy.gif
i also think lamb taste will be stronger but i think lamb like more exotic lei. keke :p

So what kind of buffet are u getting from them?
happy.gif

Hi Ashlady,
haha you should definitely get the Mochi in the menu! They didn't put much of it at the workshop so I dunno if the portion would be just as small usually. You'll have to try some before it's all gone on your big day hehe

If you're having lots of chicken dishes in your menu, might be nice to have some different meat as well
happy.gif

I still haven't decided whether to go for Rasel. Was quite definite about getting it from them but I got contacted by Gim Tim and they sent me a menu which looks really really tasty! But at the same time I do miss Rasel's Mochi and shepherd's pie
kao_confused.gif

michelle_

Hi dreymin

Rasel cater for my friend church wedding last year, pretty good review on food and nice presentation. I think they have some discount and promotion going on maybe you can check with Elsie. I'm also getting them to cater for my wedding in Dec this year.

Hi freaky & ashlady

I ever tasted similar mochi before in sakae sushi but i think the skin made of glutinous flour. should be the same right?
Actually I'm not lamb person but i tasted some protion of lamb rendang in their workshop, very nice, no lamb smell at all, but still I'm choosing the chicken filling shepherd pie, scare some guest don't like lamb.

dreymin

hi gals,

we hv decided to use rasel for our church reception as well. gd thing we booked in time, coz they can only cater for 2 lunches a day.

dreymin

i also took the shepherd pie (chicken).
Other dishes to recommend?
How is lamb ragout compared to the lamb rendang?

Need recommendations for other dishes: chicken, fish, prawns, veg, and side dishes.

Thanks!

yukie

Hi all... used Rasel for my bb baby shower last sun. Wasn't fantastic. Food n set-up so so only. Tink i can set up nicer than them. Took thier $12 per pax menu. Promise to hv flower decor but came w/o it. Or isit b'cos i only took their $12 menu n it wasn't for wedding??? Jus my thoughts. Anyway, would certainly not b using them again...

Had used Jacks Place for my ROM recep n they r way better in the set up n food is nice!

Hi Michelle,
I'll definitely have to try the Mochi at sakae sushi! I wonder if the Japanese supermarkets sell them as well... I have to say the lamb rendang at their workshop was great!

Dreymin,
Not sure what's the difference between lamb ragout and lamb rendang. Prolly ragout isn't with spicy gravy? I did try their teriyaki chicken at the workshop and it's very nice! The veg at the workshop was just alright but the salad was good. I think it's the one with fruits.

Yukie,
That's quite disappointing that it doesn't come with flowers even though it was promised.

michelle_

Hi dreymin

Maybe you can try their coconut prawn, quite nice and it dry something special compare to oats or butter. Hey which sales person you spoke to?

Yukie

You should call them up asking whether y the flower not provided since they promised, maybe it inside the van or what.

yukie

Freaky... wat's the use of calling... u tink they will bring down specially??? Nah...

michelle... hv check wif the uncle who did the set up. He say he was not inform of the deco.

btw, i liase wif a lady name angeline. She's okie only.

von

dear all,

i am finally done with my wedding @ ACM catered by rasel.

personally i didnt really get to eat much, coz i am too tired and no apetite liao.

The few things i tried like lamb craving, pastry and cakes, satay are all quite nice.

Of coz they are some complain like the cereal prawn is not crispy. Veg is abit soggy. Duck is abit tough.

And the soft drink tt is suppose to be free flow, ran out half way. "faint"

But overall, most guest find the food ok. got good comments for the penanag laksa,lamb craving & desserts.

They did quite a gd job @ the setup, its reasonably well done.

All the 17 tables with seat covers and all with flora centerpieces were nicely done up.

I am quite satisfy with the the overall job done. i will give 7/10.

michelle_

Hi new,

Glad to see you back in this thread. 7/10 should be quite good rite? Not everyone is prefect that what I can say. Soft drink ran out? Any other drink available? My wedding package includes fruit punch also, maybe your guest love to drink soft drink more than the others.

von

hi michelle,

ya, not bad. nothing is perfect.
no major complain on the food,oly a little as mentioned on the previous posting.

i have alot of drinks avail for the guest lei, wine, soft drinks, pink guava , coffeee and tea. yet the soft drinks can run out @ abt 2pm, while my guest started to arrive abt 12.15 (cocktail served) and lunch commence @ 1.30pm. Soft drink running out @ abt 2+pm dun sound quite reasonable to me at all. worst of all, it suppose to be free flow. right ??

My helpers helped me to contact elise and rasel replace it with orange jucies. ok, but coz i have some guest taking martell, so its cant blend u see....they need coke to mix the martell.

still overall no major complain or hiccups.

michelle_

Hi new,

So i see the ran out, instead of drinking your guest blend it as mixer no wonder! Did you pay for the pre-cocktail drink? I mind not have pre-cocktail as it cost additional $2.00 for extra drink.

von

hi michelle,

my guest havent even open the martell when the coke etc ran out. So didnt even get to mix it with the martell and it ran out oreadi.

Oly the helpers table took the martell and the end of the function. and they have to drink it nick coz no more soft drinks to use as mixer.

can u feel how Paisey for the host to have the "cheapest" thing run out so early aft the function oly start for 1hr and 30min.

von

michelle,

Dun pay for the cocktail, do some nego la. Soft drinks are suppose to be free flow in the package, juz ask Rasel to do it for free will do.

michelle_

Hi new,

I ever work with some events company last time which when comes to catering, they will provide you with free flow of drink during dinning timing and if your guest will to drink before the dinner starts, they won't guarantee that drink will be enough since they was only provide for dinning not for cocktail. Infact alot of hotels practice that nowadays.

At first, i tot of holding a buffet at Hotel, but they insist that there will be a charges for Pre-cocktail and furthermore their pre-cocktail only 30mins which I find it not worth it.

You quite lucky already, only soft drink not enough, imaging how much your guest can drink during the 1h 15mins cocktail especially at that time most of them quite hungry liao!

Hah! that my comment only okay!
happy.gif

von

hi michelle,

i get wat u mean, but actually many yrs bk i use to be fm hotel line under banquet.

of coz we will put all charges to customers, if the customer dun nego, we will benefit fm them, but these are perks like free cocktail, free flow of certain drinks, corkage (depend) tt we will give away for customer that nego,

my fews yrs in banquet, with experience in indoor and outdoor catering for big and small function, nv in my time while we doing catering have we not brought enough soft drinks for event b4 if I mentioned in my contract as "free flow", juices no guarantee, i can understd, but not soft drinks.

and if the soft drink run out like aft 3hr hr of the event, i will not be so unhappy, but only 1hr 30min into the function, the soft drink ran out.

Not acceptable to me at all lor...

i mean, maybe coz i use to fm F & B too, so i have a certain expectation on any catering work.

I will not say Rasel is bad, just that they need some improvement on such preparation.

Its will never be nice as a host to know that yr event do not have sufficient drinks for guest. right ?

And these are things u shld look out for yr event and make sure u remind them to watch out on these areas.

von

hi michelle,

of coZ they are aware, else u tink they so good to do it for me meh ?
its pre-agreed that they are doing it for me.

my pics will be ready in 2 weeks time, maybe u can leave me yr email, i can email to u.

michelle_

Hi new,

Great that you can share your pics with me.
happy.gif

I call up Elsie yesterday to check the Pre-cocktail drink and she mention like pre-cocktail for about 30 mins or so, drink will be enough but longer than that we mind need to do a top up. But anyway for your case, glad to know that guest are please with the food that you selected. That's part of the blessing already.
happy.gif

As for caterer food are usually prepare hours ahead so, i think it quite straight forward with crispy item to turn soggy after sometime, even when I had buffet at hilton last weekend also like that and furthermore they are a hotel where food are prepared at their own premise.
sad.gif

For myself, very "qingcai" so long they provide me with nice set-up and food okie, I'm fine with it. Set-up very importance lor, cos when your guest arrive and 1st look they will know how much you spent on everything and how grand it is.
lol.gif

Aiya 7/10 very good already! I remember seeing a tread for purplesage which the bride complain that food not enough, and furthermore after the guest left hungry the groom found out that all the food are left in their van remain untouch, goodness they forgot to top up. That one more paiseh rite? They got no choice but to tabao all the food back.
embarrassed.gif

Are you planning for any honeymoon trip? where you going? There's some thread that ppl selling traveling voucher with T&C, I also don't know whether should buy or not. My HB & i have not plan of any trips yet, sian!
uhoh.gif

Hei, forget to ask you, your dinner got gain any profit or not? I'm still doing my budgeting whether to up the package to more varity or not.

My email: [email protected]
email me your nice pics okie!

von

hi michelle,

Juz make sure u highlight these to Rasel when they doing the function.

Cannot be too "qingcai" u paid for all the things and most importantly u invited ppl to yr wedding, their shld be given some service with standards.

Its the caterer job to ensure they adhere to their contract of "free flow", i cannot be teaching them how to ctrl flow of drinks etc.

I am very lucky that some of my helpers that day are very experience people to handle function, and they actually help me to approach rasel on things to improve.

Ya, i am planning to go greece probably in jul for honeymoom.

Mine is lunch not dinner lei. But i made $$ la.
I was tinking that i will lose $$, coz ppl will think buffet is cheaper, but to my surprise most all gave quite big angbao. Mainly coz we oly invited close relative & frens. The angbao has abt 2K profit.

Actually i think variety is not a issue, coz personall i tink rasel package the variety is gd enough, but ppl tends to take more of the expensive items like craving , scallop, satay etc. instead of having more variety which may not be necessary nice, maybe u can top up qty for these dishes.

i had catered for 160pax for abt 155guest, still all the good dishes ran out pretty fast...

michelle_

hi new,

think one thing i like about Rasel, the type of set-up they do look different for other caterer, it look more like hotel presentation rather than caterer,especially the type of warmer they use agreed?

Good dishes sure ran out no matter how much you cater for and tat for sure. You know lah, Singaporean practice kaisu mah!!!

still overall no major complain or hiccups.
I pretty confident with them so far and I also believe tat they can deliver a good job for my wedding.

Wow! can made 2k, still catering better than banquet. Can go greece shopping liao lor!

von

hi michelle,

their presentation is gd enought for me, pretty similar to hotel.

i have seen purple sage presentation b4, its very gd too. infact slightly beta than rasel one. but rasel is gd enough for me.

the cost i paid to rasel and renting ACM more than enough to go mariott for their wedding lunch, coz i spent abit on the setup etc.

i will say i own it to my generous relatives and frens to have given me many big angbao, many were $100 and above.
happy.gif

hope u get profit or yr wedding too
happy.gif

ashlady

hi michelle!
I've emailed Elsie regarding some stuff but she like never reply my emails lei...though i didnt sign up with her during the workshop but i'm supposed to liase with her right?...
sad.gif
Wondering whether it matters if i didnt even get to see her then she got no impression of me.

michelle_

Hi new,

hahaha!!! hope i can get the same profit as you also!

hi ashlady

y not you give her a ring or an email again. I also email her last 2 week but her never reply me than i was told that she went for short trip. you can call her today cos i just receive her email this morning.

ashlady

Hi michelle,

i didnt call her in the end..but she called me. Heh..so that's good. At least i know that she is aware of the email & is on the ball. *phew* Hee...quite happy to receive her call
happy.gif

michelle_

Hey New,

Your photo out liao isit? I also want to see leh!

Hi Charmaine,

Great to see you back! You also book with Rasel isit?

von

Hi Michelle/Charmaine...

Not yet lei... PG juz told me that it will oly be ready tis weekend.
sad.gif

Shall email u gals on the pics next week.

seline

Hei Ladies,

I will be arranging a food sampling with Rasel on Monday. Got any suggestion about their dishes?

ashlady

Hi Seline,
hmmm....mine is a tea menu. But perhaps you can try their beef with some sauce (think it's mushroom sauce or something). It's a thin slice and it's very nice. Other nice stuff are shepherd's pie, prawn fritters. Heh..hope it helps. Not sure what choices they have for dinner. Share with me how it went ok?
happy.gif

seline

Hi Ashlady

Thanks for the feedback. This are my choice at this point of time:-

1) Shepherd's pie
2) Coconut Prawn
3) Mutton Rogon Josh
4) Vietnamese Fish
5) Chicken something (not sure yet)
6) Pending

They allow me to choose 6 dishes but nothing from dessert and carving. so sad! I heard alot of good review about their dessert and Roast beef. No chance to try them out.

ashlady

hi Seline,
Oh yes..their roast beef & desserts are nice! How come dinner no desserts one? Or is it not included in the food tasting only?
heh...Shepherd's pie got either chicken or lamb..which are u going for? If you are trying the lamb, can let me know how it was? Coz i'm taking that...heh.

seline

Hi AshLady,

My dinner will come with dessert only it not included in food tasting session.

I'm also taking the lamb shepherd's pie. Hope it taste nice.

seline

Hi AshLady

I just had my food sampling with Rasel last week. Food was very nice and warm. Thanks so much for your recommandation. You are really a great help!
Now I got more confident with them already. Hope they can also perform the same standard during my WD

ashlady

hi Seline,
No prob...i'm also definitely hoping for good food, good service & good deco on my AD! hee...
happy.gif

tryphena

Hi dreymin,

I had their food tasting and I will b taking their lunch. Will be meeting Elsie this sat hope she will be able to recommend good stuff for us. Anybody had their wedding aldy pls share.

michelle_

Hi jazol

I attended my friend church wedding last year and it was quite nicely decorated. Food wise also yummy. rest ensure! I'm also booking them for my wedding.