Qian Xi Restaurant??

kristy

Prepare to let go a wedding banquet at Qian Xi Paya Lebar (small ball room) for personal reason, good for holding more than 25 tables. Interested please contact my hubby @ 90045683. Thanks

zoie_gal

Hi girls,

For those of u who had ur wedding at Qianxi, may I ask how was the deco like? Is there only ONE standard decor.. or we are allowed to choose?

joanne

Hi Zoie,

There is only one decor, u cant choose. My FH and I did ask Suz when we signed up for their package last month. She assured as that the decor always change over time. The place that we signed for is at Qianxi(Paya Leba).

gothzion

hello, i'm new to this forum.. need help from u gals cox i'm actually planing my dinner ASAP. And i quite like Hilltop as the venue. Problem is do u all think is possible for me to hold it in this coming Sept 07..? Or is cfm full de..? Btw, can PM me the lady boss contact..?
Thanks so much for the info. & help.. :)

esther_mrs_wai

Hi,

I have a banquet package of 35 tables at Qian Xi Paya Lebar to let go. A deposit of 1k has been placed but willing to let go at $850.

I am currently checking if a change of date is allowed. Also, menu hasn't been decided yet, hence, you are able to pick the menu of your choice.

The below link for more info
>> http://www.qianxi.com.sg/index.htm

Should you be interested, kindly contact me @ [email protected] or mobile - 81262298

Thanks.

bubblesting

Willing to let go a package on 14/02/2009(SAT) at Hilltop Qianxi Garden Restaurant Ballroom A. 10 to 15 tables. Selected menu SGD 538.00/table.. Menu can still be changed. Deposit of SGD 1000 paid.. Willing to let go at SGD 750.00. I have booked a MUA on that day.. Paid SGD 100.00 as deposit for my MUA.. Willing to let go my MUA FOC as well.. Email me for more details. goh_weiting at hotmail.com

tresalim

I have placed a $2k deposit with Qian Xi Restaurant (Hilltop) for 35 tables at Crystal Ballroom. Pillarless and high ceiling. Very good PERKS. I have to postpone my wedding and I'm willing to let go at a discounted price.

I have fixed it at 7 dec 08. As I've placed the deposit early, I'm able to get a better price @ $568 per table.

Have a look:

Special Wedding Package:

1) Free Flow of Hard Liquor, Red Wine, Beer, Stout, Chinese Tea and Soft Drink (Hard Liquor and Red Wine for booking of 25 tables & above)

2) Free elegant ivory sear cover for ALL dining chairs

3) free 10 pax food tasting

4) Wedding March & First Course Presentation with Special Effect

- Laser & Disco Lighting

- Smoke & Music Effect

- Projector w/ projection Screen

- Hugh Stage with LED Lighting

5)Multi-tier dummy wedding cake with champagne fountain with complementary bottle of champagne

6) Free wedding invitation cards with free printing

7) Free guest signature book

Total capacity is 65 tables

Interested parties, pls email to [email protected].

thanks

ladylilly

My best friend had her wedding in Paya Lebar Qian Xi a few months back. The plus points i can think of about the location is CHEAP parking, nice food. But service is 0.

First of all, we got there earlier than the couples to set up the equipments and such, and found a lot of cockroaches in the changing rooms (there's 2 and both got cockroaches). It stinks entirely in the changing rooms too that made us very uncomfortable.

Then, the food came out in a big rush. The dinner started at about 8pm, by 10pm, we're done! The guests reflected that its really too rushed, food came out one after the other without any break! They even went to knock in the changing room to rush the bride while she was changing a few times saying that there's no time and pushed her make-up artist to speed up in her make-up and hairdo! Which i think its ridiculous, who can be bigger than a bride and will rushed make up be pretty?

I was one of the hosts of that night and wanted to ask the couple a few questions after their 2nd march in, and one waitress came up to tell us that there are no time for games and that the couples needed to take pictures.

These servers were part timers. And they rushed because they wanted to clean up fast and catch the last bus or train home. Very NOT PROFESSIONAL.

My suggestion is, think twice, if you are having fewer tables it might be better coz you will not need that much time for photo taking. But if you're having many tables (my friend had 40 tables), its really too rush. And all of us HATED that place

ferlinloh

Hi, I have package to let go at a discounted price.

I have placed a $2k deposit with Qian Xi Restaurant (Farrer Park) for 35 tables at Diamond Ballroom. (Venue can be changed to any of their outlets). Pillarless and high ceiling. Very good PERKS. I have to cancelled my wedding dinner due to some personnel issue I have to let it go.

Here are the details of the wedding packages:

1) Free Flow of Hard Liquor (Martell), Red Wine (Cornerstone), Beer (Tiger), Stout, Chinese Tea and Soft Drink (Hard Liquor and Red Wine for booking of 25 tables & above)

2) Free elegant seat cover for ALL dining chairs

3) 50% discount on the food tasting and if 2nd table required there will be a 30% discount

- Laser & Disco Lighting
- Smoke & Music Effect

5) Multi-tier dummy wedding cake with champagne fountain with complementary bottle of champagne

8) Menu package start from $498nett, $538nett, $588nett, $638nett, $668nett, $728nett

Total capacity is 50 tables

Interested pls contact me directly at my mobile 90053658 Ferlin Loh or email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

lawrain

Dear fellow Qian-Xi clients,
can i find out from those who have booked the Crystal Ballroom with at least 45 tables? I'm refering to Tresa's post where she stated she got it at 35 tables. i wish to confirm whether i've been pressured to book more than necessary. Thks!

lawrain

Dear Tresa,
if you so happen to still visit this forum thread, do let me know if your 35 tables is the norm or special arrangement. thks!
happy.gif

w3ngal

May i confirm the following:
Hilltop has got 3 types of ballroom, the one at level 4 is the one with the crystals? How many tables minimum for this?

Any one has got pics of the ballroom at level 2? Comfortable for how many tables? I cannot find it at their website. Please advise. thanks

Most of you takes which ballroom ah?

bomohpang

i suggest u go down personally to view the place. Infact i hv went down to view the ballroom but it's before deco, I want to know how will it look after the wedding deco...

Jurong safra is already opened for booking .u may ask Suzana for more information. She can show u the ball room layout and the 3D grahic

xin_starzz

Hi All

I intend to sign up with Qianxi on the Jurong Safra Club.. My AD is on June 2010.. Do u all have any comment or advise to give me before I go down to place my deposit this weekend...?

As I only have 30 tables therefore I am not eligible for the Hilltop Crystal Ballroom however I like the effect so much that after looking at the layout of Jurong Safra Club, I decided to take up since they have crystal lightings for all their ballroom there and "not a too low" ceiling..

Has anyone sign up with Qianxi Safra Club yet..?

may_ng

Hi.. anyone has any feeback on the outlets of QianXi? My AD is Jun 2010.. Any comments on the above outlets? Anyone has been attending or holding wedding there recently? Please give some advices.
Thanks a lot!

danrebe

Hi May,

It depend on your location, and tables that you want. I find farrer park location is central and the ballrooms is nicely decor. Paya lebar outlet is a bit odd in shopping complex but the main hall is grand.

Hope is will help but i advise you to see for yourself.

may_ng

Hi...

Thanks for advice! I've been down to the one @ Jurong Safra. Planning to go down this weekend for the others. Not intending to take the 1 @ Paya Lebar. I intend to have abt 30 - 32 tables.

dai_van

Hey All~!

My fiance and I have a wedding dinner package @ Bliss Garden Restaurant to let go at a discounted price.

We have placed a $1k deposit with Bliss Garden Restaurant (Singapore Expo) for 30 tables at Ballroom A. (Venue can be changed to any of their outlets). Pillarless and high ceiling. Very good PERKS. We booked it for 21st March 2010 (sun), however our parents prefer to change the date to 20th March 2010 (sat). We will have to transfer to either Qian Xi Restaurant at Farrer Park or Paya Lebar, which are not as convenient as Singapore Expo, so we have to let go the package. You may change the date, just let me know which date you prefer, I can help you check whether the date is available. You may also change the location, there are 5 locations to choose from. They are namely:

1) Hilltop Garden Restaurant (Civil Service Club) -- Near Bukit Batok MRT STation
2) Bliss Garden Restaurant -- In Singapore Expo (Near Expo MRT Station)
3) Joy Restaurant (Jurong West SAFRA Club) -- Near Boon Lay MRT Station
4) Qian Xi (Farrer Park) Restaurant (Civil Service Club) -- Near Farrer Park MRT Station
5) Qian Xi (Paya Lebar) Restaurant -- Near Paya Lebar MRT Station

Here are the details of the wedding package:

1) Free Flow of Hard Liquor (Martell), Red Wine (Cornerstone), Beer (Tiger), Stout, Chinese Tea and Soft Drink (Hard Liquor and Red Wine for booking of 25 tables & above)

2) Free elegant seat cover for ALL dining chairs

3) Coctail Reception Before Commencement of Banquet

- Laser & Disco Lighting
- Smoke & Music Effect

5) Multi-tier dummy wedding cake with champagne fountain with complementary bottle of champagne

8) Menu package start from $548nett, $588nett, $638nett, $688nett, $718nett, $788nett

Total capacity is 50 tables

Interested parties may contact me directly at my mobile 81820268 Evon Tan or email me at [email protected].

jsquare

I just met up with Torrance from Qianxi, is he the hubby of Susanna? I dunno. But he told me that some couples may not like the QianXi @ Paya Lebar as have to go across another's couple's wedding to get to the smaller ballroom behind. I am considering Farrer Park branch (Diamond Ballroom) but after hearing all these reviews, I am hestitating... I really like the Diamond Ballroom, but it needs min 35 tables and I have only 25+. Dunno whether they will allow. Must pay additional $1200 for the ballroom. The restaurant itself at Level 1 not as nice. Any advise to share?

smile_lynn

Hi

JP>> I have booked mine @ Qian Xi Paya Lebar. My AD is on 13 Nov 2010 which is a super hot date. Have been search around for many hotels & restaurants, and only managed to get QX @ Paya Lebar.

jsquare

Hi Kris,

Firstly, congratulations to u
happy.gif
Oh, why is 13 Nov a hot date? Thot usually it will be like 10-10-10 which is hot date. Are u using the smaller ballroom or the bigger ballroom at Paya Lebar?

I was fretting over it but my mum was telling me last night not to be so stressed, if got many couples hold their wedding with Qian Xi, the food should be good de. Service wise i not so worry for Farrer Park, cuz the restaurant coordinator Jack seems really nice and accomodating. Now i only hoping can get the Diamond Ballroom. Have yet to negotiate with Torrance, but am viewing and exploring other options first, like Pioneer Spring, ParkRoyal.

dai_van

Hey JP,

You might want to have a look at Fu Lin Men Restaurant in Royal @ Queens Hotel, you can request to hold the banquet in the hotel's ballroom at no extra charge. They have nice food and good service, prices are affordable too. You may check the website. ;)

http://www.flmrest.com/

jsquare

Oh really? I just saw the website, the wedding setup looks quite nice. Did u hold ur wedding there? Any pictures of ur wedding to share? (other than those from the website) What is the difference between the ballroom and restaurant? Thanks
happy.gif

dai_van

Hey JP,

I didn't hold my wedding dinner there, actually I booked Qian Xi's package, holding at Farrer Park this saturday evening. Qian Xi is good in terms of availability, normally we can still get to book it if we are not too particular about which outlet we want to hold the banquet, they will always have slots for us. I booked mine in aug last year, so it is only 7 months away from 20th Mar 2010, which is my AD.

As for Fu Lin Men, their restaurant set up is not very classy, it cannot sit up to 30 tables like the ballroom too, so those are the restrictions. The downside of the ballroom is that it has 2 pillars, although the staff said they won't block guests' view, I think it more or less will block abit la...haha...but their package is very good setting aside the pillar issue, you don't have to worry about your banquet if you book with them, bcos it is really "ALL IN", they settle for you everything you can ever worry about. Hence you can focus on other areas like wedding photography, renovation of new house etc... ;)

jsquare

Hi dai_van, thanks for sharing
happy.gif
And congratulations! U must be feeling nervous abt ur big day coming up! The restaurant ops mgr whom i spoke to at Farrer Park was Jack. Guess same for u as well? I think he shld be ok, he seems quite accomodating and nice to us. I read that your package was initially at Expo? Dun worry k. Good luck on ur big day and do share with us ur experience at Farrer Park
happy.gif

I just went to visit Fu Lin Men last nite. Din meet with the coordinator, just went myself to recee. There was an event there, so i din enter the restaurant, just look at it from outside. Din really like the feel of the hotel. Felt abit sleezy. So have rejected it.

We went to Pearl River Palace @ Suntec as well. Quite like it.

jsquare

Hi dai_van, how's ur wedding on Sat? Hope it went well?
happy.gif
I wanted to go down to take a look at the wedding setup, but in the end no time. Do share ur AD experience
happy.gif