Qian Xi Restaurant??

matsu

Pk, yes we managed 2 break but I think it depends on the kinda guests that u invited more than the venue :p Juz my opinion
happy.gif

bubnbut

hehe..hello girls..it's been ages since im here man..how u ladies..? so glad to see that u girls enjoy yselves so much on yr AD.. O=)

eddiekris

Hi ... Me nov 07 bride , me and my hubby already book 24 nov 07 for our AD ... Any comments for the makeup room for level 2 ? Heard the food is very nice .. but service not good is it true?

pkum

hi matsu, thanks for answerin me. as most of the guest are invited by my in law. i do not know them. i am planning how much we shld save or worst take loan.. my in laws are taking 40 tables.. now having sleepless nights...

matsu

Hi pkum,

Then we r in the same boat
sad.gif
All my guests r from my PIL side 42 tables @_o , we only have 2 tables for our bridesmaids & bestmen & my parent side only 3 tables. With 42+ tables of not confirmed guests, we din pin our hope high on the return but we were lucky
happy.gif

pkum

hi matsu.. so for your side, how many empty tables u haf? thks for sharin. i have to do some planning my side as my ad is in june 07.

food
food is great i tried thr before.

service
i think depends on luck. i think qian xi oso hiring temps. though they assured to me that they have many permanent staff. drinks seldom top up...

bubnbut

llyne: hi..welcome here..i had my wedding banquet being held at qianxi..all my guests pretty like the food..especially the cereal prawns.. O=)

mage

Hi, May i know which of Qianxi restaurant can take about 10 to 12 tables? Any pics to share? Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

bubnbut

pk: hello..eh..how to share arh..? is it muz hv the multiply..?

llyne: u're welcome..

mage: hmm..i remember qianxi farrer park's ballroom can take around that number of tables..as for the rest of the outlets..im not too sure of it..u might like to call n enquire frm them..? hope it helps..

jess__thomas

Hi All,

I have actually booked qianxi and now planning to change date cos relatives are saying no gd to get married on the 3th lunar month. Mine is actually 6 May, (19th of the 3th Lunar month). Having alot of problems now cos no dates for me to change to as Suzanna says its packed.

Trying hard to source for date now.. so tiring.

bubnbut

jess: ooohh..hmm..for me hor..that time im not pangtang abt date..coz this is wat im worried abt..this one will say not good..that one will say not good..always remember..it's YOUR own wedding..not the others..most important is u n yr hubby hv to be happy..the more u listen to others..the more headache u'll have..

but of coz..everything u'll hv to hv a nice talk with yr hubby..discuss with him..don't fret over such matter..as long as it's on weekend..easier for yr guests..tt'll be pretty ok..coz u'll hv lots of other things to worry abt..remember..be happy in the whole process..

jess__thomas

I am now thinking if I shld change from the Singapore Expo one to the Paya Lebar one. Cos i actually like that Singapore Expo alot. But now only Paya Lebar has the date that my hubby wants. Haiz... will drop by tomorrow to see the Paya Lebar restaurant. Nw got to postpone the wedding, I am very sad.

bubnbut

duckling: hi hi..how are u..? keke..so did u hv the french manicure on yr wedding day..?

jess: cheer up yah..everything will be ok..

jess__thomas

I will try
happy.gif
Thanks.

Anyone have any updated comments on the Qianxi Paya Lebar? Would like to hear some comments to make my decision a better one.

Thanks.

kristal_yun

hi jess:

i was there last nite for dinner organised by chinese associations like those u will usually see during the lunar 7th month.

From was i can see, the service and food was quite ok. some of the staff were quite nice and polite. however, half way thru the dinner, the table behind me actually broke the table!i dunno how, but i heard a "crack" sound n the man eating at the cracked part of the table had 2 hold up to the table while eating. Luckily that was the last few dishes already. if not i cannot imagine how he can tahan. n i was thinking, luckily this is not a wedding dinner.

another not so gd point was dat i saw a waiter using his hp, happily smsing away by the side when others were busy clearing the table and preparing for the next dish.

This were 2 incidents which made me think dey were not so professional.hope it helps..

jess__thomas

Haha.. thanks for the comments...

I still very much prefer Expo after visiting the paya lebar branch.. i really hope suzzanna can help me..

fion77

i think there is reali a problem btw Suz & her husband???
my AD is 16/09/06, expo ballroom B.
feel like cancelling the dinner, but then think abt it i will have to forfeit my 2k deposit placed.
In a dilemma now, hopefully i can find 1 day to spk to them & finalize.

hua_er~

i think it's up to the individual. Suzanna very 'China' style. Some customers may not be able to accept her attitude/ service.

Anyway my company also book our D & D with bliss garden. So will be going there twice this year.

matsu

Pkum, sorry 4 the late reply. We were lucky tat there r no empty tables, every1 turn up. I m quite surprised too
happy.gif

Think after u have pay the deposit, most of the liasing should b with steven or kelvin liao, so think no need 2 worry too much
happy.gif

matsu

Fion, since u have already placed a huge deposit then think u might as well stay with it IF QX didn't give u much trouble?

Actually beside the bosses, all the staff r really quite nice and helpful 1 ^-^b & their food is good too.

I also kena from the lady boss but after meeting her for like 2 times, all my dealing is with kelvin who is a vy nice guy. And the rest of the things go smoothly from there liao :D

matsu

jess,

try to get your date ASAP coz suz is not vy accomodating to date changing & will try 2 push u 2 other less popular locations
sad.gif

get a few more suitable dates ready b4 going to her :D

bubnbut

duckling: keke..good good..glad u hv a nice n wonderful day..so fast hor..everything's ok liao..and the thread here seems pretty sow pace liao..

jess__thomas

Hi matsu,

We have decided not to change anything and remain status quo
happy.gif
So its worry for nothing the past few weeks... keke.. its sunshine after the rain

duckling78

PK asaw your posting in another thread, can request for more if youhave not enough. but ultimately if you decide to confirm tables that is less then the invitation you requested for they will ask you to make payment for the excess.

pkum

hi ugly ducklin! i see! thanks. actaully for me, everything is easy. just that my in law would be slightly more difficult. sometimes u tot they will be ok, but turns out not ok for them.

eowyn_1711

Hello, everybody, i just went to Bliss Garden yesterday to view their ballrooms. Quite like the deco. However, Suz told me that the Hilltop garden is even more impressive so will go there and take a look tml. Actually, i'm now still quite undecided between Qianxi and Dragongate. I will prefer Bliss garden's deco etc, but Dragongate is more accessible and hence will be more convenient for my guests. Hmm.. headache.

ssybaby

Hi everyone

I'm new here. Intending to take qianxi as one on my choice. Can recommend some of the co-ordinaor that is gd?
happy.gif

Thanks

boakangta

Hi All,
i had placed deposit with bliss garden.need to talk to suz when my time comes..co-ordinator i think kelvin..what do you think

ssybaby

Hi hi

I got a reply ald...hahahah

She called tdy & arrange for me to c the venue tis sun @5pm... @ bt batok.

Can i hv some commends abt the food & services?

Tks

boakangta

hi
she got mood swing.few days ago i called her up she seemed very tired and sounded annoying when i asked her questions.
sad.gif

i tried it in qx before..so..so only but for bliss garden i do nt know.but my mother in law's friends attended the wedding in bliss garden not long ago,they found it nice.
different places have different standards though is under the same bosses.some of the cooks are skillful and are more particular in their cooking.

sohkaren

bosses services is very bad indeed. the boss even comment 生æ„好到åƒå– chocolate. OMG!! No need to be soooo arrogrant de ma. When i n my hubby heard wat he said we were laughing. LOL!!