Qian Xi Restaurant??

pisces36

Hi gals!!!! one more day to go...sigh...can't wait for it to b over. both of us feel sick. me flu (FH pass to me) then FH after recover from flu now bad cough. hope can recover in time for sat.

hope everything goes smoothly on sat.

went for the rehearsal at BG last night. lucky nobody was around so we hv the whole restaurant to ourselves. we test out the system. everything's is fine. so hopefully it will turn out well on sat too.

will update u gals abt my AD.

Cya...Wish me luck..pray for no rain pls...
happy.gif

matsu

Pisces,

Take care, drink more water, sleep well.
Best wishes for your wedding, smile & enjoy. U will b surprise how fast the day past after planning 4 so long
happy.gif

duckling78

HI NEZ
I also may have cases that need to squeeze 11 ppl but their table very small just nice for 10 ppl i also dunno what to do. how many tables u have for 11?
your 11 ppl is all chinese menu or chinese menu + 1 hala menu?

nez

Hi...i also feel that their tbl abit too small to squeeze....but luckily I onli got one or two tbls that need to squeeze in 11ppl...n all is chinese menu...if really can't squeeze, i really dunno where to put that one or two person...
sad.gif
Two more wks + till my wedding...n the arrangement really making me headache!

duckling78

keke my left 1 week plus now still got pple telling me they cannot come le..need to find more ppl.
I also having headache now on the guest list.

pkum

so duckling78, what u gonna do? call up and get more people? if no one can make it? i m foreseeing such thing to happen to me too.

celica75

well ... gals cannot prevent cos mine oso many din turn up. So the archer & the recept need to help out to re-arrange & slot into tables to make it fully seated.

nez ... tried to slot in now i'm sure there will be ppl who din turn up then u can slot them into those tables loh
happy.gif

Hope this help ... for my case initially wanted to invited more but limited by the ballroom size where i hv booked ballroom A and we forgot abt the VIP tables so we only invited 320 guests. we shld hv invited 340 guests instead. Also last min they change to ballroom B for us but too last min to invite liaoz. Ended up I have 2 empty tables plus 1 table only with 5 guests
sad.gif

hua_er~

hi, am booking bliss garden in Sept 07. understand that another couple is occupying ballroom B (Bigger), and I am occupying ballroom A. Has anyone encountered having 2 wedding banquest at the same time at Bliss Garden. Will it be very awkward? Esp. when the ballroom that I am booking is the smaller one. Will the guest compare?

yurieve

hi all,

I've placed a $1k deposit wz Hilltop Garden Restaurant for 16Jun07 but my wedding will be postponed due to personal reasons. Its for the ballroom at level 2 n a min of 18 tbls to max of abt 23 tbls, with free flow beer, red wine & hard liquor.

i'm now letting it go for $800(neg.) which means u will only pay $800 when the deposit is actually $1k.

pls pm or email me at [email protected] if u r interested, tks

nicoletalyn

dear all,

am quite interested in hilltop.cna anyone enlighten me as what kind of wine or hard liq do they serve for free flow?

thank u.

nicoletalyn

dear pk,

thank u for the info. u happen which particular red wine?
i can't decide between hilltop and pioneer spring at mt faber. any comment?

pkum

hi lynne, i m not too particular abt the brand, hence i never ask. anyway, i understand from my BS that hilltop is a very popular choice for their ballroom.

i wanted to go for orchid country club, but the date was taken. hence i went to chk out hilltop. after viewing the venue, i stop searching for another venue. i have never seen poineer spring. maybe you shld go and chk out both the ballroom.

cheers!

nez

Hi....any idea if Bliss Gdn hv vegetarian food for only one or two guest? If they do, wondering how much is the charge? If not, i need to make arranagment to packet in for my guests liaoz.

yurieve

to add-on to my earlier post, the dates/venue can be changed provided it is still available.

u can choose to have it at hilltop, bliss garden or qianxi restaurant on any date u wan as long as it is still available.

pls let me know if any of u is interested or else i'll hv to forfeit my deposit, tks

nez

haha...ya..they called
happy.gif

Infact, most of the time is Kelvin who called. From the collection of cards till the confirmation of tables n menus for my wedding. Maybe we din bother to call them, so they cannot tahan liao then call lor...hee.

pisces36

Hi Gals!!!! I'm back!!!

finally able to get online..

so fast hor..one yr preparation & it juz passed by in a blink.
sad.gif
kind of missed it. now everything over feel abit lost leh. :p

let me recap my AD..think most of the time passed in a blur lah..so will try to rmb.

for the gatecrash we din try all the sabo plans coz my dear father kept wanting to pass my door key to my hubby. then my poor jie mei hv to guard my father...haahaa..so he's the spy...then my youngest cousin who's only 5yrs adore my hubby so much that she kept screaming at the jie mei to let him in. haahaa..she's still too young to understand the rules..

anyway he d suck the milk bottle wearing the bib. then ate the bread to make it into I Love U & guess which lipstick is mine..& something else which i can't rmb. then finally he & the bros sang a song outside my door. then ah i think my hubby not enuff sleep or he really feeling emotional lah..he began to tear when the door opened & he saw me...aiyo...when i saw that i oso cried. both of us tried hard to compose ourselves. he was worried that the express highlight will show during the dinner. he said so malu...lucky din show...haahaa.. few days later i asked him y he cried..he said coz he sign half of his property to me..sigh..veri romantic lor..:p

anyway, thank God that there's no rain on that day. everything went smoothly. as we indicated our solemnisation timing in the card so lots of guests came early. we managed to start dinner ard 8.15-8.30 & end it around 10.30pm.

managed to open all the tables (62 tables) & get all photos taken. some tables we squeeze 11 pax. which is no prob as the food is more than enuff.
the guests luv our cartoon animation & was quite surprise that my hubby was the MC as i march in with my Dad. then we play the morning highlight express during our 2nd march in. We find that our VG did a gd job. We like wat we saw. We were peeking behind the door while waiting for our march in..the waitress veri cute...open the door wider for us to peek.

Food wise u gals hv to tk note :-

- food not warm enuff
- broccoli not well cooked. a bit hard.
- the food is not as delicious as the food tasting. but it's norm lah. the guests luv the prawns a lot. they d like the food so no worries.
- they forgot to tabao food for us but we r not hungry anyway.

we d get one of the bro to pass ang bao to steven after the dinner.

one thing to keep in mind is for all your helpers try to get those experience ones. those who r already married so that they will know how to make last min table arrangement for u so that you wont waste tables.

my helpers really help us a lot tat day. we practically run our own show so i think steven felt redundent tat day. :p

pkum

*claps* so touched! i cant wait for my time to come.

any complaint on the carpark? i guess i have ot inform my guest to come early for the parking lots.

pisces36

pk : there's no issue with the parking lots as there's many available. I d told my relatives & frens to park behind direct Bliss G so that it's nearer.

I told all my guests to come early in case there's no lots so they really turn up early. It helps coz then we can start the dinner early & end early. u can do the same thing too.

nicoletalyn

dear pk & Ugly duckling, thank u for the info.

dunno whether would they compromise on the food as they are giving free flow h/liq.
any comment?pls help, in dilemma btw hilltop & pioneer spring.

pkum

Hi pisces, have u updated your AD pix?
i think i do what u had done, get them to come earlier, so can start early like u!

hi lynne, i dunno abt poineer spring, but i heard from other people that the portion is still big compared to hotels and some clubs.

nicoletalyn

Thank u, pk.
haiz, my FH prefers Hilltop bcoz of the free flow perks, and he finds the place is fine. for me, i prefer pioneer spring, but may hv to fork out a bit for the hard liq & wine.

pisces36

pk : haven update coz haven got bk the photos leh.

lynne : i heard that the food at pioneer not veri gd leh..duno how true lah.

duckling78

HI gals

I am back too. Yah luckily that both 29 and dec 2006 no rain. so happy. Congrats pisces. Did not know yours is 1 day earlier than me.

i got abt 16 guest did not turn up therefore got a problemins shifting the tables. I think i am the most busy bride on that day... therefore did not mananged to talk much to friends and colleage.

we start thr dinner quite late as we did not know that the time flies fast therefore i think the event start at 9 pm I am so sorry to the dear guest. My friend even told me that my friend was so hungry that they eat 3 plates of peanuts.

I did not get to eat much but my friend say the food was not hot.

duckling78

Hi gal

I have some items for sales after the wedding. pls PM me if you are interested.

1. 2 Confetti cannons $3.50 each
2. small pink paper rose (10 for $1.50)
3. small pink ribbon flower (10 for $2)
4. New heart shape box suitable for ang bao box $6

pkum

hi duckling78, i think i will be busy like you as i have abt 60 tables and i foresee that i have many guest whom cant make it the last min.

cheers!

pisces36

duckling : my AD is on the 16th Dec lah.

pk: y dun u try to confirm with them earlier then remind them a wk b4 AD. It helps.

pkum

yes i must also remember it myself. i scared i oso forgot to remind them. i must get my hb to be more involved so he can help with the reminding. ^_^

pkum

i was advise to invite 15% more ppl as abt 15% of the guest would not be able to make it the last min. but i have friends whom have extra guest... how?

tare1919

Ugly duckling & pk,

Now I also a bit worried might not be able to have all the tables full. Some more got to keep reminding them pls be early. Aiyo why Singaporean don have the initiative one.

pkum

actaully i m guilty too. there was one wedding which i totally forgot abt it until that day. but i send a ang bao to her. it was a year ago.

hopefully there was not too many people like 'me' for my wedding...

cheers

matsu

Hi gals,

Finally it's all suddenly over, juz like that! After so much planning & worries...ha ha
happy.gif

Overall, QX din gaive us much problem & think so far their service is quite ok
happy.gif
Heard the food was good, the guests commented that the prawns r nice. Din get any complaint abt the food being cold so i guessed it's ok. The bosses even came over to congrats us, quite nice of them, rather unexpected thou.

No problem with parking on my day since there is nothing gng on except for a few strangers (Indians) passing by my reception area $*G@#%@

I did feel a little funny when i have 2 walk past the other reception area of ballrm A (mine is ballrm B) to the my changing rm.

matsu

Duckling,

Think will take me ages 2 load them all up :p Some of them r with some friends' whom took it & I haven get it from them yet.

As 4 my AD photographer, think will only get the pics abt a few wks later.

Hmm...dunno y but I got rather restless after the AD? Ha ha...mayb it's juz me lah.

pkum

HI MATSU.. sorry to ask this.. i hope u that can reveal if there is any losses or profit for your AB? or any weird Ab value? thanks.