Pre wedding in JB, Malaysia

sherlynsam

David, I'm going on Sunday. Not sure want to drive or take public transport. Scare of jam...
Drive and go by Tuas. Sure got barangs to bring wan. The props u wanna use for your shoot. You take public transport sure perspire then later no mood for the shoot.

david87

Actually on the day itsself when trying gowns and meeting photographer session, i already bring to place it in the shop , just that yesterday we bring another bag of casual wear and stuff again , the next photoshoot finish have to bring them back , and their " cw bus " was so small , i guess i wanna have a “ 霸王車 " from jb custom back to sg home . . But not sure how much will its cost . .

beautyfull

If drive in is better , cause at least can put item in car to bring in ,u also not need to wake up so early and got transport to back home when u are done . . My and my wife took bus go and back , end up reach singapore decide to take cab .... haha " too tired " . .
Drive and go by Tuas. Sure got barangs to bring wan. The props u wanna use for your shoot. You take public transport sure perspire then later no mood for the shoot.
Thanks both suggestion. My pre wedding shoot on Sat. Maybe will stay one night at JB hotel n back on Sunday.
His concern worry too tired after shooting n no mood to drive. If jam he sure scold up n down. Somemore his car is manual now. Headache :(

david87

Its true , that will be tried and jam , maybe before ur shooting day go and have a spa relax first , next day wont be so tired ba , hahaha

beautyfull

But of cos " car must be safe " dont anyhow go those wulu de hotel . . . Now alot of case . . .
He very inpatient one. If jam I'm sure die. Haha. Actually if drive in park at outside of Castalia Wedding he also worry. If stay one night maybe choose not to drive. I heard 2 of u say until so tired. I'm stress already :(

david87

Nah , dont worry ur hubby can sleep at sofa will u make up , just tell urself this is an once in a life time experience , and u wont knock out so easily . . . Must be happy ok , we will wait for ur update , just remember sleep early and dont drink too much water before the day you photoshoot......

beautyfull

Nah , dont worry ur hubby can sleep at sofa will u make up , just tell urself this is an once in a life time experience , and u wont knock out so easily . . . Must be happy ok , we will wait for ur update , just remember sleep early and dont drink too much water before the day you photoshoot......
Ok. Noted. I will update here again. Thanks for sharing so many things.

kytheon

Hey, really a big dilemma. my friend offering same things and include ad photography which is the same price as my castalia package. I have seen the portfolio of my friend shop, looks similar to me. i really headache now....
Which in terms of value wise, my friend is really offering friendship price as castalia package now do not have AD section and photography. Didnt expect her to offer me also....only when she know then offer me. Now i have a big headache..... can you all advice me? Srry to ask....

david87

Its really depend on ue heart , if u think the portfolio of your friend side is better than castalia u can choose ur friend there , because its important to compare both bridal shop de portfolio , and photographer , next think about gowns selection , will it better than Castalia , or just look all the same ?

pipitbj

David, I'm going on Sunday. Not sure want to drive or take public transport. Scare of jam...
i have been going in on sunday for bridal stuff. drive in sure jam when come out. public trpt still ok. queue abit for passport. then when u go down to take bus sure long queue. but no worries, go take the factory bus. pay 2rm each. after u finish sg custom, I got a better way to reach mrt.

instead of going down to queue for the bus (its horrendous), u can walk out to bus stop. about 8 mins walk. then take 903 to woodland. easy.

david87

i have been going in on sunday for bridal stuff. drive in sure jam when come out. public trpt still ok. queue abit for passport. then when u go down to take bus sure long queue. but no worries, go take the factory bus. pay 2rm each. after u finish sg custom, I got a better way to reach mrt.

instead of going down to queue for the bus (its horrendous), u can walk out to bus stop. about 8 mins walk. then take 903 to woodland. easy.

So its mean any factory bus also can take ?

beautyfull

Ok. Thanks for sharing. Will consider about it.

beautyfull

So its mean any factory bus also can take ?
Not all. But most of the factory bus. They will let the staff go up 1st. Once have empty seat they will open up to passenger and whole bus will be very pack. Cause full of ppl(sit n stand). After i saw this, I will think that should invest one factory bus n pick up with passenger n collect Rm2 each really can earn a lot.... haha.

sherlynsam

I personally feel that on photoshoot day if take public transport will feel quite pek chek:
1. Perspire
2. Got to wake up earlier
3. Sure got some barangs to carry

I have been using Tuas checkpoint so far and didnt meet with any jams. For our photoshoot day, we reached Tuas at about 8.30am, everything was smooth. It was about a 20 mins drive to Castalia. Although Woodlands checkpoint is much nearer, that place is always unpredicatable. And for other days, like dropping by, we went in around 2ish pm from Tuas. All ok.

sherlynsam

Not all. But most of the factory bus. They will let the staff go up 1st. Once have empty seat they will open up to passenger and whole bus will be very pack. Cause full of ppl(sit n stand). After i saw this, I will think that should invest one factory bus n pick up with passenger n collect Rm2 each really can earn a lot.... haha.

If really dont wanna drive, you might want to consider private taxis. It is something like 90 plus 2 way. You dont have to leave the car to chop passport.

sherlynsam

Hey, really a big dilemma. my friend offering same things and include ad photography which is the same price as my castalia package. I have seen the portfolio of my friend shop, looks similar to me. i really headache now....
Which in terms of value wise, my friend is really offering friendship price as castalia package now do not have AD section and photography. Didnt expect her to offer me also....only when she know then offer me. Now i have a big headache..... can you all advice me? Srry to ask....
Honestly feel that it is not the package you should look at but rather who can produce better pictures since these will all be for memory keepsakes. Dont think you should feel compelled by your friend. It is your wedding!

sherlynsam

Hahahaha its ok. I zzzz too while doing my makeup while my husband was snoring away on the sofa. It was an entire day thing but he didnt grumble one bit (despite working until 3am the night b4 on his laptop) becuz the team made the whole process so enjoyable. They were also very encouraging. I was grumpy cuz i was having sore throat + fever + flu the last few days. So...... Just dont fall sick!

beautyfull

Just choose my pre wedding gowns on today. Satisfied with the gowns that I choose n the service that provide by them. Spent about 3 hrs for gown selection n discussion with photographer. Not too bad.
Traffic of the day. We are took public transport. When went out is smooth. When returned from jb is crazy Q in immigration. Took about half n hour for the Q. Messy jam in the bus station too. So we squeeze in to the factory bus. Pay RM 2 each person.

Meishi Ang

Just choose my pre wedding gowns on today. Satisfied with the gowns that I choose n the service that provide by them. Spent about 3 hrs for gown selection n discussion with photographer. Not too bad.
Traffic of the day. We are took public transport. When went out is smooth. When returned from jb is crazy Q in immigration. Took about half n hour for the Q. Messy jam in the bus station too. So we squeeze in to the factory bus. Pay RM 2 each person.

Can try to book KTM next time if you estimated what time u wan leave JB side. But rmb to print out the e-ticket and change for KTM tickets at the counter before entering the immigration for KTM. Queue and travelling time will be shorten by a lot.

beautyfull

Can try to book KTM next time if you estimated what time u wan leave JB side. But rmb to print out the e-ticket and change for KTM tickets at the counter before entering the immigration for KTM. Queue and travelling time will be shorten by a lot.
Thanks for sharing. Sometimes is quite hard to estimate. I will try in one day. Thanks! !
Btw, u took 2 days package?
I choose 1 day package. So we decide go to jungle.

Meishi Ang

I just signed up with Castalia yesterday and was service by JC and Catherine. Just like what most of you guys have said, they're really sincere to us. They even walk away in order for HTB and I to discuss on some issues we had. But because this was the first bridal studio we went, we wanted to visit Venus as my sister recommended me. They didn't push for their package, in fact they told us truthfully to visit some other BS first before concluding our decision. Ultimately we chose Castalia, HTB quite like their photos. I even tried almost 6 gowns before signing with them and they are so ever patient with me..

Meishi Ang

Thanks for sharing. Sometimes is quite hard to estimate. I will try in one day. Thanks! !
Btw, u took 2 days package?
I choose 1 day package. So we decide go to jungle.

Yep, we decided to take the 2 days package. Schedule on 24 sept (indoor) and 26 sept (outdoor), but have yet to decide on the outdoor location.

david87

Going to have my outdoor photo shoot on 15 june , lol , so fast , cant wait to finish faster ,dose anyone know that larkin bus&taxi terminal there , those cab charge around how much back to singapore door to door ?

Haha I also signed up with Castalia on Saturday. Their service is damn good...even though I am a plus size (UK20), i tried the gowns...they really look nice on me! hehe..we took public transport in to JB..n took a cab to Castalia..when we left, they even helped us book a cab back to JB custom. Thumbs up for their excellent service!

sherlynsam

I just signed up with Castalia yesterday and was service by JC and Catherine. Just like what most of you guys have said, they're really sincere to us. They even walk away in order for HTB and I to discuss on some issues we had. But because this was the first bridal studio we went, we wanted to visit Venus as my sister recommended me. They didn't push for their package, in fact they told us truthfully to visit some other BS first before concluding our decision. Ultimately we chose Castalia, HTB quite like their photos. I even tried almost 6 gowns before signing with them and they are so ever patient with me..
Definitely wont be having any regrets. It has been a great experience so far with them. JC is also my coordinator and she is super flexible. 2 of my close friends did it at Venus, while there were pretty nice indoor settings, the gowns selection was disappointing because most of the gowns were always already reserved or not part of the package.

sherlynsam

Going to have my outdoor photo shoot on 15 june , lol , so fast , cant wait to finish faster ,dose anyone know that larkin bus&taxi terminal there , those cab charge around how much back to singapore door to door ?
Have! I saw. Something like SG-MY taxi. But it is 98 sgd tho cuz its quite a big car. I feel it is more worth it if you have a group. But one thing for sure, dont have to get down from the car at the custom.

sherlynsam

Haha I also signed up with Castalia on Saturday. Their service is damn good...even though I am a plus size (UK20), i tried the gowns...they really look nice on me! hehe..we took public transport in to JB..n took a cab to Castalia..when we left, they even helped us book a cab back to JB custom. Thumbs up for their excellent service!
Wow. Glad to hear that! But 2 days gonna be super tired. :|

Definitely wont be having any regrets. It has been a great experience so far with them. JC is also my coordinator and she is super flexible. 2 of my close friends did it at Venus, while there were pretty nice indoor settings, the gowns selection was disappointing because most of the gowns were always already reserved or not part of the package.

The team asked me how I know about Castalia. I told them i read positive reviews at forum...there are some customers who shared their experiences with us...den they were quite happy to hear tt there r gd reviews on them..den i told JC and Catherine that not sure if they still remember a gal called Sherlyn...coz she shared with me her good experience at Castalia...that why i decided to pop by take a look..Both Jc and Catherine remembered who u r..n even commented tt oh ya, that girl who took the pre wedding shoot last wk..they have so many customers everyday..n they can still rem you when it was a wk ago! :)

sherlynsam

Im gonna do my selection of pictures on 9 July and pick our AD suits and gowns as well so that I can save a trip down. That new VEP thingy irritates me.

sherlynsam

The team asked me how I know about Castalia. I told them i read positive reviews at forum...there are some customers who shared their experiences with us...den they were quite happy to hear tt there r gd reviews on them..den i told JC and Catherine that not sure if they still remember a gal called Sherlyn...coz she shared with me her good experience at Castalia...that why i decided to pop by take a look..Both Jc and Catherine remembered who u r..n even commented tt oh ya, that girl who took the pre wedding shoot last wk..they have so many customers everyday..n they can still rem you when it was a wk ago! :)
Oh shucks. I think everybody remembered me cuz i was like a sick cat and the team took super good care of me. Have a fun and happy shoot!

david87

Think now Castalia is going to up market , when i was in this forum not much ppl saying , now more and more le its good to heard that mostly there is no bad comment , their services really is thumbs up ,

oh ya talking about this, the staff told me that their price will be revised higher starting from July this year. So faster sign up the package before July! haha...

david87

Hope 2 days later my outdoor shoot wont be so tired like last week , but when after this outdoor shoot , i have to bring 2 small bag and a big laugge back to sg , so have no choose must find a cab that directly send us back to our door . .

oh so where did u choose for your outdoor shoot? desaru or kulai farm?

I know in JB...there is a taxi stand to charter people out of JB to SG (usually the destination is at Queen St). if u booked the whole cab, it's SGD 50...but sometimes hv to queue quite long for the taxi.

if not, you can go to Queen St, there is a taxi stand there goes to JB. Maybe you can pre-advanced book the uncle, like arrange to go in and out of JB?

david87

I'm going desaru , but if i pre book , i also not sure what time end , but i search online , they say there is cab from jb to sg , some is sg taxi also , and can back Stright to your door , but not sure how much , they say is at " larkin bus/taxi terminal station " but what i scared is , if i go there late , will its be still open and will there still have taxi a not . .

the taxi stand I know in JB is called the Singapore Taxi Stand. You can just tell the taxi uncle in JB to drive u there. They ll know the location. That Singapore Taxi Stand is open 24 hours. So confirm will have taxi. I think it is cheaper to take this then to charter a taxi for whole day. Somemore u can share the taxi with others.

I saw some blog advertising the rates as:

Private Taxi 12 Hour Booking from Singapore to Johor
$400.00 For 5 pax

It is damn ex! I rather use the money to spend on more photos for the pre wedding shoot. If not, u can book 1 nite stay at Jb? then next morning take KTM train, provided u alr bought the train tickets in advanced?

Another idea I tot of was to take plane from Senai Airport in JB to Changi Airport (AirAsia?) but also quite expensive..

david87

the taxi stand I know in JB is called the Singapore Taxi Stand. You can just tell the taxi uncle in JB to drive u there. They ll know the location. That Singapore Taxi Stand is open 24 hours. So confirm will have taxi. I think it is cheaper to take this then to charter a taxi for whole day. Somemore u can share the taxi with others.

I saw some blog advertising the rates as:

Private Taxi 12 Hour Booking from Singapore to Johor
$400.00 For 5 pax

It is damn ex! I rather use the money to spend on more photos for the pre wedding shoot. If not, u can book 1 nite stay at Jb? then next morning take KTM train, provided u alr bought the train tickets in advanced?

Another idea I tot of was to take plane from Senai Airport in JB to Changi Airport (AirAsia?) but also quite expensive..

Thanks for the info ,

Meishi Ang

Hi meishi, we also took the 2 days package. Will u b considering to take in SG?

Hahaha, HTB decline the option of taking in Singapore immediately when it's offered to us as an option. Though it's more convenient for us but he didn't like SG background cuz the place is quite standard like Garden by the Bay, CBD building etc.

sherlynsam

Hahaha, HTB decline the option of taking in Singapore immediately when it's offered to us as an option. Though it's more convenient for us but he didn't like SG background cuz the place is quite standard like Garden by the Bay, CBD building etc.

Lol. That is why i didnt want to do it in SG. Cuz it is always Sentosa, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands, Botanic Gardens. But hor, not got 1 nice place leh, Hort Park.

Desaru nw like damn common cuz a lot of couples go there now. Kulai Farm not so.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1465875871094.jpg
    FB_IMG_1465875871094.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 26

sherlynsam

Kulai farm , omg so amazing
No.. Kulai Farm is not the picture abv.. The picture abv is at Hort Park. There are many other spots for photoshoot there too.

Kulai Farm, i think it is the one in Castalia's poster. There is this couple on a horse.. Or maybe just the lady.