Plaza Park Royal

minicutie

Hi all,

Long time din check this thread.

Ngoo,

Great to know tht everything go smoothly. I used stamford room too.

Ya.. i asked them dim the light they told me the same thing as well.

can share your AD photos?

xiao_u

Hi Ngoo,

So how was the sound system and the projector? Was there any hip cup or anything? The sound system sounds a bit 'bassy' when I attend the wedding show.

Hi Minicutie,

You are from french also rite? Have you gotten your pics?

kaixue

Hi

Need help from brides who had wedding in Plaza Parkroyal, Plaza Ballroom.
Can anyone give me the chinese names for the hotel and the ballroom - need it for the wedding inserts.
Have been asking my coordinator to give that to me, but cannot find her...
don't know if she went on leave...

xin2

hi kai&xue: the printer wld have templates for u to choose from. the chinese names of the hotel and so on wld be there already.

xiao_u

Hi Racheal,

Thanks, just worried that the system would fail me.

Hi Kai&xue,
If you havent print your cards (r you using Tdragon), you may want to try the printers at Msia? Just printed 100 full color post card invites there... only $38... very worth it hor? you may wanna keep your option open?

Hi Xiao lao shu,
Just reply you on the FB thread... sigh, hope PPR dun give me a bad time also. Envy you, stress free liao hor? Congrats once again...

Think Chinese New Year We must give ang pao to people already right? sad story......

kaixue

hi xiao you

thanks for the info. do u have the contacts for the printer in Malaysia?
can email me at [email protected]

thanks!

Another question: does anyone knows if PPR uses a DVD player or computer to play the montage?

babymiki2003

hi xiao you, u got married this yr izit? then the 1st chinese new year after u got married can dun giv. 2nd yr onwards, can give selectively lor. hahaha...

xiao_u

Hi babymiki,

Was it? damn they lie to me... so I can get away with it huh.... if not very siong leh

Hi kai&xue,

I do not have the contact, coz I went there personally. Its on the 4th flr @ City square. I had designed a post card myself using photoshop and pass it to them to print... hee hee for 100 post card (very good quality), you wanna guess how much? My friends all thought it costs me $500 over as it was very well made.

xiao_u

Hi desther,

Considering of AD should be based on your budget and your needs.... when you are short of budget, you will try to close one eye even though in your heart... it is bad.

personally if given a chance again, I'll not choose PPR after what I had heard and experience there, hopefully they will change my opinion on the actual day.

if really want, request for felicia and have a chat with her, if you kanna mrs P, then better run

xin2

hi xiao you:
just saw ur reply for FB. Dun worry too much, everything will go on fine. i think most imptly is that u muz enjoy the process of getting married instead of thinking about all the neg. things.

For PPR, i'm really very pleased with the AD. All my guests enjoyed themselves and they say that the service and food was very good. The dishes i choose was very unique and different frm other hotels.

xiao_u

Hi babymiki,

*grin* muz form a new forum for newly weds... on how to protect themselves. so can we still take ang pao?

Hi xiao lan shu,

Well the photoshoot actually turn out less then what we say average, but "R" gal insist that after touch up is totally different, thus its worth to get another album. Each photo cost $125 for digital. In the end they squeeze 4 photo side by side in a page, with no effect (trust me, no effect) and no touch up, can try to convince me that it was artistic! what bullshit they giving me! that page alone will cost mi $500 and its not even worth $50 to me. Some pics that she try to cheat me with, I took out exactly the same photo but edited by myself and ask her can she see a differences, she's wordless. They were really giving me crap loh... how to swallow... i was almost on the verge of setting the shop on fire.

didnt want to say too much, esp on FB thread, coz my album is still waiting... have a strong feelin it may be sabotage if I spoil their reputation now.

Already done my own album myself instead and send for printing, in case they not able to get it done for me or some other crap. If that happens, will just sue them big time, already got a lawyer friend ensure me that I can have a case. i had enought of FB's shit.

sorry if i sound harsh... I really regret choosing FB!!

btw Happy New year ya

padi

Hi Xiao_u, FB is Fren** Bridal is it?
My friend had them a year ago, I wasn't impressed. I felt that they were very insincere in their work and wasn't proactive. Oh well. It wasn't my wedding then so I kept quiet about it, and told myself not to step back into that studio.

xiao_u

hi Hui,

ya, only blame myself for jumping on to it too fast, regret... didnt find out more about BS in Singapore before i commit. So how was Style? btw you choosen a very nice date for your wedding huh? any special meaning?

padi

Xiao_u,

I chose Style at a roadshow, was also very impromptu. Kicked myself real hard when my FH and I gave in to their persuasion. Thankfully things turned out pretty well so far. I just had my photoshoot. Quite fun.
happy.gif

Yea my FH and I chose the date for 2 reasons:
1) He cannot forget such an easy to remember date for our wedding anniversary. Haha.
2) 7 is symbollic of perfection in the bible. So we like it.
happy.gif

babymiki2003

xiao_u,

of cos still can take la. actually most elders will still give the married couples one. but u act act that you dun wan lor. hahaha... jus joking.

no worries, if they attended ur wedding and still wan to give u ang pow, that means they wan you to have their blessing for the new year. jus politely accept. =) its all done with a good reason ma. jus that nowadays a lot of ppl see CNY as a money earning time..

xiao_u

Hi gals,

I'm in a super good mood now, just finish previewing my animation package, realli impress!!! If any of you interested in animation, I strongly recommended COFFEE & TEA DREAMWORKS, realli worth it, then some commercial wedding animation. Ha ha so happy...

Hi Xiao Lao shu,

Just got back from FB, they given in to my request for some of the ideas for the pics, luckily at no extra cost!!! That was all becoz the extremly rude "E" lady was not serving me!!! Imagine she came over with a buay song face and ask "So!!? Are you happy?" What lau, damn TL man!

okay no matter what this is a PPR thread, not to get overboard.... my AD is two more weeks.... excited...hee

Hi Kai&xue,
So how your invites going on? manage to find a printer that you like? Btw didnt realized you are a FB bride also...mmmmMM conspiracy theory..? *grin*

jeanneloi

Hi all,

My AD had juz passed 1 mth plus. And I realised tat we forgot to keep the wedding door gifts (Glass candles) for memories. Coz in between went for honeymoon & busy wif Xmas & New Yr celebration. Do u think PPR will still give to us?

kaixue

Hi Xiao You

I have printed my wedding inserts, got a contact from a friend and its quite cheap - $80 for 400 or less inserts.
Didn't have time to go to JB and look for a printer to do the postcards...

BTW, do you have a wedding montage played before march in? Do you know what format PPR's player can play in?
My friends are doing one for me, so I would like to check the format, coz i know they are not doing it in powerpoint.
I'll be travelling quite alot till 2 few days before my wedding, so dun think will have time to test it out in the ballroom.

Can anyone help me out here?

xin2

hi xiao you:

glad that u are happy with the other things that u are doing.
as for FB, glad all went well for u now.
congrats that ur wedding in 2 weeks time. just enjoy the day!

pikachu_77

Hi,
Other than PPR, u all also can consider Grand Plaza PARK Hotel (formerly same family of PPR), their service n food also very impress n unique too..
happy.gif

huiz

Hi All,

I am also a PPR BTB... hadnt been to this thread for some time liao.

My dinner will be held in Mar and I went for the food tasting last month. I agree with pikachu that their food is v unique and nice. My folks were impressed that their first appetiser dish isnt like the normal fried finger food. And this is the first time they see the dish "green curry prawns". Moreover, they hadnt seen fried udon at other dinners yet. The portions are huge too. So all in all, I am still very pleased with PPR at this stage. Hopefully the rest of the experience with PPR will be even better

ednamode

hi there..... are their food and ballroom good??? can anyone send me the pic of the ballroom? i am looking at stamford ballroom which is pillarless as mentioned by Joanne...
i am considering this hotel as well..sourcing for banquet table really sucks....
my email is [email protected]
hi xiao you, u make me quite worry about FB actually.but i hope FB will do all well for me....whos ur cooridinator? can PM me or email me?

by the way, how much i need to pay for the solemnisation the same day???anyone can advise me?

xiao_u

Ahhhhhh.... tomorrow my big day liao... scare water drip, scare no spot light, scare RAINING!!! ahhhhh, ahhhhhh

Hi yaya,
why dun you read thru the thread for FB, well i actually seen it all, and after i went thru, my overall comment is, FB is establish boutique, gd PG, gd MUA, but got a few (not all) bad service coordinator and a so-so lab that do touch up for you. my overall opinion, dun bother with getting digital pics or what, not worth it, the lab ppl may have skill, but canot be bother with, mayb they got to many project but its not our prob rite?

ednamode

hi xiao you,i got read..all the way fr late 2005..hahaha...but then the more i read , the more blur i get......anyway, i hope my experience with FB will be a good one.

hows ur wedding day? i still counting down.hahahah

xiao_u

Hi all,

Finally its over!!! All was good, everyone was happy with the food and not much complains, Felicia was too good to be fault. Roy as recommended by xiao lao shu was really good also. However I just dicovered a few sad truth. Firstly, they had no spot light at all, so whoever looking for a glamourous march in, they dun have. And to my horror, the projector screen had just been change.... on the stage... it was super low and block by the champagne fountain and cake, waste all my effort for the montage and animation.

Roy was really very attentive, but I think at the end of the night, he had knocked off and someone took over his shift. My second march-in... sadly was extremly horrible.... the lights was not dimmed as requested, and the song which supposed to start at the chorus was played from the front.... in the end I still must open the door myself and walk in...best part, no one apologize to me....AHHHHHHHHHH totally kill off the magical moment for my wedding!!! Luckily I manage to smile all the way.... so the cock up was only known to ourselves and the helpers... but it was still so unacceptable...

End of the night when I had puke several time, I was forced to settle the bill by another manager... even when I explain to him that I was not in the state to sign such a BIG BILL... but he insist....

other than that, all was really to my surprise, very good... perhaps I had demand for too much.

padi

Hi Xiao Yu, congrats on your AD!
happy.gif
Good that things are generally ok!! But wah!! TERRIBLE of them to ask u to pay the bill when you are not well!!!!!
You should complain to Felicia!!!!

I remember Fiona told me can settle the bill the next day leh! Why like that?
sad.gif

Hope u had a good time nonetheless.
happy.gif

butterkiss

Hi all,

I am an ex Plaza ParkRoyal bride (on Sept 05).
I just discovered that I have some wedding cards left (you can just put the insert in). If anyone is interested, I can give them away FOC.

Please PM me or email me at [email protected].

Cheers.

key_word07

xiao yu..may i know your ball room is stamford or plaza?
i am quite disappointed that you mention abt nobody help you open the door and no dim of lightning! tats horrib!

key_word07

Actually the contract stated we must settle the bill immediately after banquet! i know felica did mention abt settle the next morning..but we dun have black and white. Think we must speak to felica and remind her abt this...

xiao_u

Hi twinkle,

its stamford...

seriously, its actually not a big hooha... but imagine you are the one drunk... and was force to sign a bill that perhaps, takes at least 6 months of your wages!!! Are'nt you worried? If that was stated in the wages... then maybe someone who was typing the contract has no brain ... no offence meant but what are they worried of? Run away? The whole world just witness your marriage there, you got a written contract there... and you run away?!!! Even if its in the contract, if the manager is experience enought, he should know what is he doing! He should have seek consultant from my helper or parents before hand if he suspect I'm drunk (ITS SO OBVIOUS!!!! IS HE BLIND???). You know what? I was'nt that pissed with them at first, but the more I write, the more piss I am!!! Who are those people that spoil my wedding and think that they can get away with it?

Anyone knows the email add for their GM?

key_word07

dear xiao you...i understand how you feel and if i were you i will be piss too!!Thanks for let us know here and i make sure i will let felica know abt this as well.Did they approach you when all your guest left or they start chasing after your back before all guest left?

babymiki2003

hi ladies,

my dinner in dec, jus wondering when i shd call up PPR to start preparing for the upcoming stuffs.

anyone jus held their ROM at the pavillion? is there any decor at all?

thanks in advance!