Plaza Park Royal

sirwin

Agnes, got stated which room? superior or deluxe, or beter still their spa suite? keke

& not applicable for Christmas & New Year Eve & the holiday itself.

longisland74

Hi people,

Looks like we've been "conned" by PPR, thinking of how good their services will be after all the fanfare and hype by their marketing. My wedding on the 20 Oct was a diastrous event.

While me & my wife were taking photos and entertaining our guests, little did we knew that there were so so many cockups behind the scene. We only managed to find out after one of my best friend stayed back and narrate to us what went terribly wrong
sad.gif

1. Their waiter/waitress told my guests there were no more wine and beer after the 4th course when in fact there were 6 1/2 cases of wine returned to me and in our contractual agreement we were entitled to free-flow of beer.

2. The white wine was totally not chilled to the drinking temperature (it was warm), and i did highlight to the Captain immediately because i was the first person to drink it and he promised it will be chilled. However, when i checked with my sister and friends after the photoshoot they told me the white was not chilled at all.

3. None of their waiter/waitress told my guests that there were both Red & White wine available as choice as my friends were amazed when i ask them how's the White. I have already instructed the Captain that my guests are free to select whatever they want and i have no reservations to how many bottles of wines can be opened. In the end, i have to 6.5 cases of wine left!!! Only 2 bottles of White wine was open because no one told my guests about it.

3. Their waiter/waitress told my guests there were no more glasses after the 5th course.

4. Two of my tables were not served with desserts when the last course was dished out, and 1 table had the dessert but no bowls and spoons. My cousin went to approach their Captain and he replied the shortage was due to 3 weddings held that night.

5. Our friends told me that the stage light was not dimmed, therefore, and were unable to view the Montage. The projector screen was placed too low for the back to view as well.

6. Our friends told us that their waiter/waitress were not attending to the table and they have to wave at them to grab their attention because most of the time they are busy cluttering together chatting.

7. The central seems to be switched to the minimum and it was like a furnace, i guess they were trying to pull a fast one in cutting cost.

I was totally shocked to learn about this, and in the morning we went straight to complain to the manager. Chris Wong attended to our call but he said this is under F&B Mgr Alex Hoon. Therefore, i wrote an email about what had happen, you know what? He only replied after 5 days later, saying they will only compensate 1 table. I was damn piss off and i gave him a thrashing, then he increased to 2 tables. Even after that i was very unhappy, guess what happen next?? He says "WHAT SO YOU WANT!" OMG is this the way a mgr treats a customer even when it's their fault??

So i told him i will address it to his GM John Kockan, he says "Go ahead", and i send a very strong email to his GM. The reply came 2 days later saying all the bullshit, but they keep saying all these are unforseen circumstances, and try to push away the blame.

So my advice to anyone who is considering any ParkRoyal hotels from HPL, give it a miss, you are better off somewhere. As for those who have booked already, PLEASE ASK THEM TO WRITE IN BLACK & WHITE what if they don't meet their criterias or standards, ask them to PEN DOWN the compensation!!!

I hope all the newly wedd couples a happy marriage ^_^

sirwin

Hi Yong,

my heart feel for U for such a 'colourful backend' event tat is happening behind U & wifey back, let me know if U want to pursue further, I can join in your 'petition', 2 voices is beter than 1. ;)

key_word07

Wow win lor!! So shocked to know that their service so bad lei..now too late to turn back liao lei...my heart sunk when i read all this. Before we signed...we did emphasis to Felica that our expectation for service to guests are very high!We told them our concern of no. of wattress & waiter to a table..and i dun want too many part timers as well...she advise us that she will take note of this and will highlight this to the banquet team tat day. But nothing was written black or white lor...just verbal promises only. Now very worried lei..........
I think they have serious problem when handling many function in a day!!

kaixue

hi there,

after reading so many bad comments about PPR, im really quite worried about their services...
its too late to make any further agreement since i have signed the contract...
and i think there's 2 wedding (myself and another) on my wedding day... oh no...

carey

hi xiao lao shu

I hve also taken French Bridal and PPR.

Think we should in quite the same situation....

there's actually nothing much we can do, just hope for the not the worst

babymiki2003

i'm really shocked at hearing all these. even the GM is not helpful at that.

i wonder if the hotel can last till next yr, my dinner is next yr end..
sad.gif

ngoost

wah , seems like the comment on PPR is really bad.

my wedding in DEC 06 leh. shock to discover these.

coord is felicia but she's good.

hope thing turns out fine.

any advice on wat to look out for or must prepare ?

ribenna

hey st,
mine is alo on dec ,
and my coordinator is also felicia
yup i think she is good 2
she like got more experince

just hv to cross our fingers and pray hard verything turn out okie

key_word07

ngoo and xiong..
my coordinator is also felica. Hope felica do a good job on your dec wedding.
Pls update here with your experience K? hehe..may things turn out well for you both.

key_word07

babymiki..my wedding also next yr end! Haiz..i dunno what to do also....so xing hui yi leng when learn abt all this too. I can only keep my finger crossed. Think what we can do now is to keep emphasis to them what we expected out from their banquet team!! Give them the PRESSURE!Hope they get their buck moving to do good job!!

padi

Sigh. I am very discouraged. My banquet in mid next year and my coordinator is Kriss. Don't even know if he will do a decent job.
sad.gif

ribenna

Thanks twinkle star,

I just went down on Sat to view their wedding setup seem to be okie leh. Everyhtings was done up B4 630pm.
happy.gif

But i just find the deco a bit blunt like not enough flowers and deco.
i am thinking of adding some flowers and splarkling stuffs on the flower stands

jeanneloi

omg... saw so many bad comments... very demoralizing leh. i think there's too many functions on the same day...
but juz checking wif u, anyone sharing the same AD as me... its on 1st Dec 2006.

kaixue

hi

can i check how many weeks in advance must we go for food tasting?
my AD in Jan 2007, and is debating whether to contact Felicia instead as i didn't receive any call from her to tell me when to go for food tasting.
also Felicia seems to have changed her hp no... can't seem to get her...

padi

Kaixue: I think u can go up to 3 months before your AD. Maybe contact FElicia to find out? And at the same time, feedback about your concerns after reading all these. So scary.
sad.gif

ngoost

hi xiong (ribenna) ,

when is your AD , mine is on the 9-Dec-06

anyone who's my neighbour on that day ?

tink felicia changed her hp not long ago. maybe u can get her new number via the hotel ?

HOPE EVERYTHING TURNS OUT FINE !!!

good luck to all.

minicutie

Hi All,

I think we need to write to TODAY or PRESS to share our bad experience with others.

Feel that all their staffs are the same. We also have bad experience with them.

Till now have not received their compensation.

This hotel really provided bad services.

padi

Minicutie,
I'll be very grateful if you would make a statement about your experience to the press. It'll do the rest of our BTBs a big favour.
sad.gif

key_word07

Ya minicutie..guess those of you which had very bad experience had to make a big hoo-ha...so that they will notice it and really apologise & make a compensation..now it seem tat they even treat all your complains like nothing!It certainly will do us a big favours too...we can now only cross of fingers and hope for the best on our AD. Sigh!

kaixue

hi all,

Can i check if any of you have tried PPR red wine? any comments?

also, im taking the Plaza Ballroom, anyone knows if it is awkward/troublesome to move the projector when showing montage and video highlights?
heard from a friend who attended a wedding there that the staff will move the projector up and down the stage (twice) and it look really "unglamorous"

jeanneloi

hi kaixue,
i've tried PPR red wine, so i'll say tat the wine is very 'young'...average. dun really like it very much but i choose their wines coz of convenience & corkage charges.

kaixue

hi jeanne

thanks for your feedback.
when you say very "young", does that mean it taste sourish and tangy aftertaste? sorry i dun really drink wine, so not too sure about the terms.
do u know if they have other brands?
im just wondering if i should get a carton of their wines in order to get the corkage waiver and then bring my own wines.

jeanneloi

hi kaixue,
how shld i describe... to me, young wine taste rather bland & dun hv strong fragrance.
ya, they hv other brands coz they hv wine cellar below. so u can request from ur hotel coordinator.

lollie

i'm considering PP as my AD venue in Dec 07. After reading all the comments, i'm a little worried. Nonetheless will go and take a look at the setting and see if they are negotiable on the perks. 2007 perks are not as attractive as the 2006 perks.

Any brides have AD photos to share? Which ballroom is nicer?

padi

Hi Laurel,
if you can do ask for Felicia to be your coordinator. Think she is a lot more reliable than the others. *sigh* What is the 2007 package like? Whats different?

I personally like Stamford room as its near the garden. So can draw up the curtains (but keep the doors closed) for a garden view).

Do check in with the coordinator about the bad feedback so far. Ask what happens if mistakes are made etc.

lollie

Hi Hui,

Price increase of $30 compared to 2006. For 2007, i have to pay 50% for food tasting. To use the pool for solemnisation, i have to pay too.

My coordinator is Shalica. So far she is very good and prompt. Quite happy with her service. She told me that there is another couple who have made a tentative booking b4 me. So she will call to ask the couple to release the date.

padi

I've met Shalica before when my company had a function there. Quite a nice person. Does she know about the feedback of the last few couples? Sigh. My coordinator is Kriss since Fiona left. I hope things will pick up when my banquet happens.

jcmemories

hi all,

i'm new here. it's really scary to read all the neg comments on this hotel. my AD is next jan and coordinator is felicia. she's good and assured us that they'll will do a good job... although there's another couple on same day as us. is anyone doing lunch banquet here too?

kellykat

hihi

accidentally started a new thread not knowing this is one here.

Anyone tried food at Plaza Parkroyal or deal with their sales lady Felicia before? or have positive experince with Service Staff (waiter/waitress)?

Will be seeing their ballroom this Friday.

Hope the hiccups mentioned above will no longer happen cos i hv difficulty finding hotels now for my AD next yr!!
sad.gif

Hope to get some comments. Thanks!

xiao_u

Hi racheal,

yours on sat, hee mine very yours.....

jeanne, today is your AD? congrats ya, do let us know how it goes? hope all will be good for you *giv power giv power*

Hi blur,
so you, xiao lao shu and minicutie all taking the same BS and hotel, have you got your PS? how was it?

Hi Win, so howz the petition? Lets create a racket to prevent another similar incident happen to us? what does the rest say? Empire strikes back!!! its my one and only most important day... cannot rewind leh

jcmemories

hi Rachel,

mine is one week after yours, 27 jan
happy.gif
lunch. we're going for food tasting next mon, will talk to Felicia and update again...

rachelkoh

My food tasting on thursday. Have you finalised on the wedding theme, invitation cards selection, & wedding favours? I wanted to do that during the food tasting. oh ya, and testing the pa system too.

ngoost

hi all bride-to-be,

i just finish my AD on the 9/12 in the stamford room. overall rating will be 80% good.

something to take note is during the marching-in,
cos we were shocked when they did not turn off the light during the 1st march in. after enquiry, they told us that due to the lack of spotlight.
they are unable to turn the light off else everyone can see nothing. that's the only bad point. so for the 2nd march in, we request to dim the light a little.

the old complain thing like condense a/con dripping water nv occur.

felicia is too good to be fault.
my coord for the day is Samsudin Noor. not a bad person too.

overall still good. so good luck to all upcoming ones.............