Phuket, Patong Beach

nyny

hi gals
saw the news on south thai. the thai military advised tourists not to go there now.... hopefully things will resolve asap before my trip there.
sad.gif

celtricia

morning gals!

ya.. saw d news too.. dun tink its advisable to go leh.. nyny tink u got to pray hard.. coz seems like its not getting any better.. sorry.. i'm not trying to make u worry more.. but better b safe den sorry leh..
happy.gif

tiewster

hi gals...

it's been ages since i last went to Phuket.... My wife wanna go ley....so planning for one now... May i know which is the better hotel to stay in phuket??? which beach is better??? any new place of visit there???

celtricia

hi PomJitJit...

when u planning to go? tink u can scroll bak n c d previous postings.. there r quite a number of hotels dat r quite gd..

one of them is bursari.. where racherlle stayed.. she enjoyed herself there.. so mayb u can check wif her..

alhana

nyny

The same warning came out when I was planning my trip to Krabi in June. Anyway, we still went, and everything there was normal..no sign of violence. I'm not saying that it will definitely remain that way, but honestly, such violence can hit anywhere w/o warning (eg Sep 11 / Bali bombings / Madrid bombings). Any place can be a risk. For me, unless a travel advisory comes out from govt authorities warning us not to go to Thailand, I'll still go and just hope that everything will turn out alright. But that's just me lah. Can't live in fear of terrorism...after all, it can hit us anywhere, any time. The violence right now is far south, near the M'sian border. Its quite far from Phuket/Krabi.

nyny

thanks cel and alhana...

hb asked me if i confirm wanna go. *sigh* we wil wait and c loh. pray hard pray hard. :p

rhs

I'm going to Phuket this weekend. Initially a bit worried abt the situation there but I guess shd be alright. We're staying in Kata beach and don't plan to go to Patong area from the beginning coz we prefer more quiet and laid back vacation. Just lazing aroung by the pool, Kata beach, and go for spa. My friend who just came back from phuket said there are a lot of caucasians at night in the pubs/bars in patong and he just avoid those places.

nyny

hi rhs
enjoy yourself.

i am not staying at central of patong beach. it's northern part of patong beach... i think i will try to stay away from ang moh places...

racherlle

hi gals..

hmmm juz dun tink too much and enjoy urself.. juz avoid those places w angmos shld be fine..
even the pub itself.. not really tat crowded w angmos..

racherlle

hi pomjitjit..
the hotel which i stayed (burasari) is nice.. u might wan to consider that..
as for new places.. have u been to Raya (Racha) island.. if not u might wan to consider too.. as for other places.. i'm not too sure as the previous trip was also my first trip to Phuket..
happy.gif

celtricia

hi rhs...

so where in kata beach r u staying at? coz i'm planning to stay ard kata or karon..

hey nyny...
so u decided to go liao ah.. heh.. me quite difficult coz of family members.. dat's y got lots to consider.. coz even my GRANDMA is going.. heh..

bin

Hi gals!

Me can't get bookings at The Racha
sad.gif
Have decided not to go phuket liao. Looking out for other destinations for my honeymoon.

Enjoy ur holidays in phuket...
happy.gif

alhana

Hi Bin,

Its full already???? Why not consider Koh Samui? I stayed at a really nice resort called TOngsai Bay during my honeymoon. All of the rooms are suites..and if u really want to splurge, you can get the villa suites which are really big and lovely. The resort has their own private beach as well. Chk it out at

http://www.tongsaibay.co.th/detect_flash.html

bluebellas

Hi Alhana,

Read that you went to Krabi in June. Sorry to interrupt this thread but may I ask how much do you think I will need if I am staying in Krabi 4D3N?

alhana

Hi bluebell

We changed ard S$400 for a 6D/5N stay and still had money left over. There's nothing much to buy in Krabi. Most of ure money will go into tours and food. A 4-island hop tour only cost us THB300 per pax. The kayak tour cost us THB1,200 per pax. A seafood dinner for 2 cost us ard THB 800 (we had a huge crab, a nice size sea bass, crab meat fried rice, omelette and thai fish cake plus coconut juice...really cheap and the portions were generous). Normal meals at cafes/restaurants probably cost ard THB300 for 2 persons. When r u planning on going?

racherlle

hi bin!

oh sorrie to hear that u didn't managed to book the Racha.. hmmm
so have u decided where to go already?
ya.. tink alhana's suggestion for Koh Samui is gd.. u might wan to consider
happy.gif

bin

Thks again alhana
happy.gif
I made the payment and was only advised 4 days later that Racha is fully booked!!
sad.gif

alhana & rach, i've enquired on mauritius, they've got honeymooners package. It's abv our budget, but the more I find out abt the plc, the more "gian" i get
lame.gif
Am waiting for air mauritius to check on availability. Keeping my fingers crossed
happy.gif

keiki

hi girls! now i'm swayed towards the racha... kept going back to their website to check out the pictures... really lovely... but quite pricey, esp if include the airport transfers... argh can't decide... now considering burasari, racha and central karon village. central has the best rates... racha is the most beautiful, burasari is in between...

racherlle

hi bin..

wow! mauritius is pretty!!
happy.gif
my colleague was so lucky that she won a trip to Mauritius w her hubby last year.. really beautiful.. saw the pics and was like awww.. hehe..
hmmm maybe u can check it out with Celtricia coz i believe she's going there nxt year..
happy.gif
she has already booked the package..

hi keiki..
when are u planning to go? hmmm
coz tink it's fully booked which Bin has said?
heee.. it's really lovely even though i didn't stay there.. but juz the look at the beach is enuff to make me not wan to leave Racha island!
happy.gif

celtricia

hi bin..

i also gg mauritius leh.. but in jan.. heard that the flights are fully bk liao.. heh.. i've bked wif the lengends.. so whh r u intending to bk frm?

alhana

Hi bin

Mauritius wld be nice. U can chk out Maldives too. If you can afford it, then I say go for it. I don't believe in stinging on the honeymoon :p In fact, the more luxurious the better!

bin

Hi! Hi!

keiki, Racha is fully booked early Jan. Try your luck ;) This site is the cheapest tt I've came across.
http://asiarooms.com/thailand/phuket/the_racha.html
celtricia, u gg mauritius too!!
happy.gif
I'm gg on 16/1, flights avail, waiting for room at Beau Rivage, recommended by the staff at air mauritius. How much u paid??

I've choose mauritius over maldives cos it's a bit cheaper and there's more things to do. FH doesn't like the idea of "big eyes stare small eyes"
biggrin.gif

Heard quite a bit in news re thailand, esp south unrest. Hope things resloved soon
sad.gif

alhana

Hi bin

How much are u paying for ure Mauritius trip?

I was reading the Bangkok post, and they say that tourism in Phuket has not been affected by news of violence in the deep south. Hat Yai is the one suffering coz they are relatively nearer to the hotspots compared to Krabi, Phuket etc. In fact, Phuket is reporting 80-100% occupancy for the upcoming peak season. THey are also upping security as a precaution.

bin

hi alhana
happy.gif

I'm quoted $1918 per pax for 8D/6N, during the period of 15-29 jan and it's half-board, ie. bf & dinner included, + some honeymooners' perks.

Oh yah celtricia, my fren is at the Legends now, shd be returning tmr. I'll check w him his experience when he's back.

celtricia

hi bin..

i'm gg on 8 Jan.. i've paid $1899 for 8D6N too.. heh.. i've not come across recommendations for Beau Rivage.. i've bked during the NATAS fair.. all they recommend were The Legends and The Residence.. seems like tis 2 hotels r more popular.. heh.. oh ur fren also staying in Legends!? Great! share his experience wif me too.. hee.. thankz..

bin

hi celtricia

So u'll be back when i'm leaving
happy.gif
Is you fare inclusive of the airport taxes? Yup, Legends & Residence v popular, but the lady asked me to try this one, I've seen some +ve reviews oso
happy.gif

Sorry ah...off track :p

celtricia

hi bin..

oh ya hor! hehe..
happy.gif
my fare i tink not incld yet... i've got to go home n check.. hw bout urs? inclusive of tax? ya.. its quite popular for honeymooners.. so any websites u've gone to, to c hwz ur hotel look like?

bin

hi celtricia,

I forgot to ask, but I don't think so too. Yup, seen some pics, v colourful rooms, not wat i reali like, but tot since it's recommended, i'll give it a try
wink.gif

celtricia

hi bin..

really ah.. u got the website to go to? i would like to c hw d hotel looks like.. heh..
happy.gif

wah! u dun really like it still take it ah... if it was me.. most prob won't b as onz as u.. kekeke..

racherlle

hi nyny!

hmmm i spent a total of SGD1,500 for my 5D4N trip there.. inclusive of my airtix and hotel (SGD800).. my bf and i changed ard SGD550.. and we spent like SGD150 using credit card..
happy.gif

nope dun have to exchange for USD as SGD is widely accepted there too..

alhana

Yah, no need to change to USD. Even in Krabi, they accepted SGD..no problem at all.

Hi racherlle

Did u still have money left over after the trip? S$700 seems like quite alot for 5D/4N. Unless u really shopped alot :p

alhana

nyny

Bring more SGD to change then. Better to have SGD on hand than have excess THB at the end of the trip (unless ure like me..make 2-3 trips to Thailand every year). I changed ard SGD400 for a 6D/5N trip to Krabi and still had money leftover. But that was the low season, when tours cld probably be cheaper. If u want to take tours, then better bring more, cost they can cost upward of THB1k per pax per outing, depending on what u want to do.

nyny

ok ok. thanks alhana. hehehe :D

getting excited.... tonight going to buy things there to munch. heheh

racherlle

hi alhana & nyny!

the money that i changed is spent on massages, mani & pedi and also on parasailing.. maybe that explains how come i spent so much! :p terrible~! and ya i spent ard SGD100 for a seafood meal for my bf.. hehe to celebrate his bd.. hmmm...

and ya.. shopping.. bought stuff for my new home.. hmmm tat's abt it.. keke oh ya nyny.. u have to remember to set aside 500baht each for the tax to be paid at the Phuket airport
happy.gif

nope dun have any thai baht left.. heeh the remaining.. i bought some donuts at the phuket airport! :p

wahhh nyny!! so excited for u too!
happy.gif
have a gd time gal~!!
happy.gif

hehe i'm going to KL and Malacca for shopping this long long weekend!!!
happy.gif

alhana

Wah..S$100 for a seafood meal for 2 is ALOT! But I guess its alright to splurge when ure on vacation. Its not something you'd do everyday
happy.gif

Enjoy ure trip nyny. Tell us all abt it when ure back
happy.gif

racherlle

hi alhana!

haha ya lor...
2 big lobsters!! 1 crab, fish, prawns, squid, 2 glasses of beer, fruits, pineapple rice, tomyam soup.. eh..... hmmm tat shld be abt it..
hehe..

hmmmm we ate at a hotel.. tat's y maybe it's more expensive.. and the best part of it all..
haha i dun really like seafood! my bf finished most of the food...

nyny

hi racher
we have asked the hotel to arrange transport to and fro hotel and airport. it cost us THB 1,100 total.
happy.gif
i think it's a good deal leh. hehehe

hi alhana,
i will try to snap as much as photo using digital cam. hehehe. so that i can upload my photo without my hb's help. heheheh...