Phuket, Patong Beach

yamiyogurt

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/TheRacha.shtml

The Racha is in its soft-opening phase with 49 villas completed and is found in its own private and secluded bay, only 12 miles away from Phuket.

The Racha features 79 spacious villas each with its own large terrace and semi-open bath room. Both Superior and Deluxe villas will offer private Jacuzzis and private outdoor showers, while the island hideaway suites will offer two bedrooms accommodation, private pool and large entertaining area.

A spectacular infinity edge pool; overlooking the Andaman complements the magnificent beach and crystal clear sea-water surrounding the island.

An on site PADI dive center will ensure that you can discover the magnificent reefs around Racha Island; one of Phuket’s most popular dive spots.

The Sanctuary Spa, a feature of all Sanctuary Resorts, and the fitness center are under construction with a projected completion date close to the end of the year. In the meantime, a limited traditional Thai massage and aromatherapy massage service is available.

The Earth Café, The Fire Grill and its adjacent pizza and pasta terrace near the pool side are available. The Ice Bar is also open and offers live entertainment six nights per week. Clients can also relax at the library and enjoy the spectacular views of the Andaman Sea.

A quiet and secluded luxury island retreat, just 25 minutes by speed boat to Phuket. The Racha is the ideal place for balancing your body, mind and spirit on a luxurious tropical island hideaway.

racherlle

hi yami!

yup i received this email abt 3-4 mths back..
heheeh yaaaaaa saw this resort.. it's at Racha Island near Phuket....
tat's y i have listed in an earlier msg above that i wanted to go Racha Island.. looks fabulous!
happy.gif

racherlle

yami there's another new resort in Koh Samui that is fabulous!!

it's the Evason Koh Samui!
wahhhhhh looks very nice!!!!!
hehehe tink muz plan to go one of these resorts before heading for honeymoon!!
soooooooo romantic!!
happy.gif

www.sixsenses.com/evason-samui
have a look! wooooo

yamiyogurt

heehee...so u saw it already"P
enchanting...
happy.gif

evason is lagi beautiful.... :p imagine waking up to see the blue sea.... it's my kind of honeymoon....

racherlle

hi nyny!

I'm going to Phuket in Oct for 5D4N too!
happy.gif

gee!
I have not booked my accomodation yet..
haven't really planned wat to do there..
but basically I'm going there to relax and enjoy the sun, sea and the food!!!
happy.gif

I will be going to a few islands for island hopping.. hopefully I'm able to get a gd fare to go Krabi too.. I will visit PhiPhi and Racha Island too.. Wanted to visit Sembilan but guess it's closed for the monsoon period.. heard that it's a very nice island from the pple in this thread!
happy.gif

will let u noe when I'm back!
happy.gif

racherlle

yami....
evason koh samui is beautiful rite??????
geeeee!!

hmmmmmmmmmmm nicey!!!! maybe u can go there after ur ROM???? hehehe

orchid

Hi racherlle,

i went to phuket and phi phi last year. if you want a nice little hotel on patong beach, you can check-out the Baan Laimai hotel. it is a 3.5 star. quite cosy, great food and they also have massage. very affordable considering that it is along patong beach. i think it's around $100 per night with breakfast.

when you're in phuket, go for the John Gray Sea Canoe day trip at Phang Nga bay. you won't regret.

at phi phi, we stayed at the Phi Phi Princess. Very nice surroundings. nice pool & spa. great cheese burgers! heh..

nyny

thanks racher
happy.gif
actually i plan to stay 2N at patong beach, 1N at phi phi and 1N at karon beach. just that still don't know what to do at phuket. kekeke....

hi orchid,
how long did you stay in phuket? can share your itinerary?

racherlle

Hi Orchid!
happy.gif

ohhhhhh u stayed at PhiPhi??? hmmmm
i was actually tinking of either going to stay 1 nite at Krabi/PhiPhi.. still tinking.. as i have not booked my accomodation yet..
btw how long was ur trip??

as for the Phuket hotel, I have already decided on Burasari...
happy.gif
thanks for your recommendation anyway!

racherlle

Hi Nyny!

hmmmm juz wanted to check w you.. hmmm any particular reason for wanting to stay 1N at Karon beach???? is it very nice???

hmmm actually I dun really noe wat to do there too.. juz eat rest and relax !
happy.gif
do some snorkelling and also some water sports!

nyny

hi racher
i read some travelling guide, most of them commented that karon beach was really nice and peaceful. so i plan that after experiencing all the happening events/places at patong, i could enjoy at the quiet beach at karon for a day.
happy.gif

actually i don't know how to swim leh. but they say i can still do snorkelling. so, i will try that when i am at phuket.

i saw from the guide, there is night cruise, elephant trekking, fantasea at phuket. i think those are quite costly. to cut cost, i am not sure if i will be going for these activities.
happy.gif

how's your planning? and when are you going?

racherlle

hi nyny!

ooohh.. oki.. so u read from the guide that Karon is nice ah.. hmmm...

ya it's ok if u cannot swim.. coz u have the life jacket w u when u snorkel.. however, u r going in November so shld be quite safe as the monsoon period is over..

hmmm dun tink i will b going for the elephant trekking and fantasea show.. most likely will be juz snorkelling ard and go island hopping..
do u plan to visit any other islands for snorkelling????

most probably i wil only book the tours when i'm there.. coz there are a lot of tour agencies there for you to bargain...

i'm going on the 9th Oct to 13th Oct.. hw abt u?
u book thru agency or arrange it urself?? which hotel are u planning to stay there???

nyny

maybe coral island. again, read from the guide that coral island is not bad.

i don't really plan to book any tour leh. i plan to rent a car for a day to travel around phuket. for other days, i might be taking their public transport loh.
i am going on 11 nov - 15 nov.
happy.gif

still don't know which hotel to stay leh. going to book through internet and arrange it ourself. you can go sunny holiday to check out their package, i think thai airline has attractive package.
is oct still a monsoon season?

racherlle

nyny!
i plan to rent a car too!
hmmmm from wat i see so far.. renting car there is quite cheap.. ard 60bucks a day..

ohh so u r going for 6 days.. tat's a lot!

hmmmm u muz book early.. coz the period u r going is the long long weekend rite??? guess it will be pretty packed
happy.gif

oh ya.. i feel that it's more worth it to book the airtix and accomodation urself.. going thru agency is slightly more expensive. however, it is definitely more convenient
happy.gif

did u managed to get the cheap air tixs from Tiger Airways??? I got mine from silkair.. paid 207 per person.. including taxes..

october is still considered the monsoon season.. tat's y the hotels are still quite cheap!
happy.gif

and have pretty gd discounts.. if u surf the net and look ard..

racherlle

oh ya nyny..
forgot to add..
thai airways the flight times are terrible..
tink they have only 1 evening flight there..
as for the return trip.. tink it's only 1 afternoon flight.. for your info!
happy.gif

nyny

hi racher
actually is only 5 days. we booked thru tiger air for the normal price. about $200 include tax loh. the date that we want, for silk air is fully booked. for tiger air, it's morning flight, reach phuket at 9am+, and leave phuket at 1pm+ i think.
ya lor, i got to book the accomodation faster. 'cos that's actually a peak season for singaporean and maybe malaysian to go for short break. hahaha....
most of the hotels increase the rate from november onwards. so, for you, you will gt lots of discounts!! 'cos to them, it's considered as low season.
any hotels to recommend? my budget is less than S$100 per day for accomodation.

racherlle

hi nyny!!

ohh okie..
ya that date was booked long time ago! hot date to travel! actually wanted to go HK on tat period.. but I can't due to work commitments..
sad.gif

nevertheless, so happy to b going Phuket!
happy.gif

hmmm... heard from my sis.. Banthai not bad..
Burasari shld be gd too..
not too sure abt the pricing for November..
guess u got to check up with them..
happy.gif

nyny

banthai is expensive though.
ya, just need to apply 1 day leave, then can go for 5 day vacation. so, lots of ppl are doing that loh.
happy.gif

so, you confirm booking burasari?

racherlle

hi nyny!

yup.. i've confirmed my booking with Burasari already!
happy.gif
hehe made the reservation in late morning...

can't wait to go already!!
hehe dun tink i will stay any nites at the rest of the islands coz quite troublesome to book different hotels..

skylar

nyny,
burasari is good! but i also think that pricing for November would be slightly higher due to the peak season lor....

i went for snorkelling non-stop man!! hehehee... do head off to the nearby James Bond Island & Phi Phi Island!! really amazing piece of rock art there...
i went for the elephant trekking, really freak out coz my elephant happen to have flu & keep sneezing, splashing water or his fluid on our back.. was totally burned out during the trek... & the elephant in front keep shitting while walking.. can die... looking at the sight of it!

Fantasea is cool... really way cool although it can be quite costly but still u can get to carry tiger to take photos. .... hehehehe...

skylar

nyny,
i stayed in phuket for like 5 days lor... spend a nite in Phi Phi too, spend like over $800 all in all, the food there are very cheap! not to talk abt the beers man! hehehehe...

nyny

$800 included the air tix and accomodation? that's pretty reasonable leh. when did you go?
did you go to karon beach? is it nice?

skylar

yes, incl. ya, bascially there are like about 5-6 main beaches in Phuket leh... all also not bad lor, go check out those wind gliding at the beaches... way cool!!!! i went last year ....

fanyong

Hi gals,

I have booked the air tix to Phuket... I will be going there from 12 Oct - 15 Oct . After which I will go to Bangkok...

Hee, I thinking of booking the Patong Resort. Anyone tried that place? Good? Is that place previously known as Sands Resort or is Sands Resort another resort?

I will book a day trip from Patong Beach to Phi Phi... Saw on Asia Travel website it costs 1100 baht nett per pax... it includes lunch and rental of snorkelling equipment.... Is it cheap? Or is it better to go there then book day trips? can bargain the price for day trips there?

I thinking of going another island other than Phi Phi.... Is Rache Island far from Patong? Where is Similian Island? Which one is nearer to Patong Beach? How abt Phang Nga Bay? How much does it cost for a canoe day trip there?

fanyong

Hi racheller,

I saw a good value for $$ 4D3N package at the phuket.com site. stay is in Burasari Resort and there are 2 day trips to Phang Nga and to Phi Phi Island... include daily breakfast and airport transfers.... as well as snorkelling equipment, lunch provided in Phang Nga and Phi Phi.... cost 4,500 net per pax.... find the price not bad leh...

the site is http://www.phuket-travel.com/packages

U can check it out....
happy.gif

peg76

fanyong
we stayed at Patong resort 2 yrs ago when we were there, not bad, tourist class, dun expect a lot. dun think it was called sands resort before.

we booked at coral island trip when we reached there, cannot remember if we bargained or not even though there were six of us.

peg76

fanyong
we stayed at Patong resort 2 yrs ago when we were there, not bad, tourist class, dun expect a lot. dun think it was called sands resort before.

we booked the coral island trip when we reached there, cannot remember if we bargained or not even though there were six of us.

racherlle

Hi Fanyong!!

i've already booked my accomodation with Burasari about 2 weeks ago..
stayin at the junior suite for 9,200baht for 5D4N...
happy.gif
no tours included..

anyway thanks for your suggestion ..

oh ya... it's better to book ur island tour trips when u reach Phuket.. tink u can bargain for better offers..
happy.gif

ohh u managed to get the tigerairways $2 airtix?? hehe... haiii i paid 207 for the silkair wan.. hehe tat was before tigerairway came along... sobsob..

crayonshinchan

I went to Phuket last year. Stayed at Patong lodge. Very quiet and nice place to relax.. Haa.. but din really stay in the lodge that often.

Husband and I are very sun-loving people. What we did there was just basically rent the beach chair at patong beach, drink cold beer , eat ice cream , play in the sea and sleep the whole afternoon away under the sun (of cse under the huge umbrella also.Else will die. The sun there is worse than in Spore)and best thing is, there are no sporeans at the beach. SHIOK! I dono why? but there were many sporeans on the plane and once touched down, they all disappear... asked one local guide and he said they usually stay away from the sun and go shopping...

At night, we will go shopping and then will end up at one of the many open air pubs for drinks and ah kua ;-)

don forget the seafood oso..and the cabaret show.

Din really enjoy the trip to phi phi though.. just another small island... nothing much to do and snorkelling was quite boring... cos there was nothing much to see and there are too many boats there.. some pollution... really must sign up for snorkelling trip where they bring u all the way out.. where there are lesser boats...

and oso beware, there are timeshare pple at phuket oso. Don belief any ang moh who asks u to scratch some cards and says "oh you have won one of the top prize".. YA YA.. we were dumb.. we thought that how can there be timeshare gimmick at phuket.. so we went with her to collect the "prize". Spent 2 hours there listening and walked out without our so called prizes.

racherlle

hi crayon!!

i love the sun too!!
heee.. i'm going to juz slack there for 5days.. hahaha.. go for massage, suntan, eat seafood, drink, manicure, etcetc!! ehhehee

oh ya... over at Bali there are also timeshare pple.. gee! we also supposedly won the "top prize" which is a 5D4N stay in a supposedly new 5 star resort in Bali! haha but lucky we did not fall for the trap!.. tink it's not possible to get such a gd ting tat easily!

fanyong

Hi racheller,

I booked Tiger Airways but not $2.... Mine is $75 incl taxes.... couldnt get the 49 cents Air Asia tix too....

Ur Burasari accomodation is deluxe or superior room? Which type is better? Does it include airport transfers? So u intending to go Phi Phi Island and James Bond Island?

novgal

hi fanyong & racherlle
163086.gif

i'll be flying to phuket in oct too!! hmm... would i bump into you???
163087.gif

i've booked 4D3N at holiday inn, studio room at bursakorn wing. costs 12,300bht. they are having promo - additional perks include complimentary dinner, round trip trf by pte car, welcome drink + fruit basketand daily newspaper (just to name a few)

hope this serves as a good reference to fanyong
163088.gif

u can find out more about holiday inn @
http://www.holidayinn.phuket.com

racherlle

hi Fan Yong!

My Burasari accomodation is for the Junior Suite!
happy.gif
very worth it rite?? coz they are having this birthday promo..
happy.gif
I'm celebrating my bf's bd there!! hehe yup the price that I quoted earlier on includes 1 way transfer..
happy.gif

I'm definitely going to PhiPhi Island.. but dun tink i will go to James Bond....

Hi Novgal!!
when are u going??? u flying by Tigerairways??? I'm flying by Silkair..
happy.gif

ooh okie.. HolidayInn shld be nice.. heeeee..
yup hopefully will bump into u too!
happy.gif

butterkiss

hello gers...
Me and my FH are planning to go to Phuket in November... Is it a good time to go?
Is it more cost effective to book our own trip or book the air fare + hotel with travel agent?

Hello racherlle...
Do update me on ur trip when u come back next month...

happy.gif

novgal

Hi racherlle
163252.gif

I'll be going from 13 - 16 Oct. Read the previous thread that u would be returning on 13Oct. Maybe i'll see u at the airport instead
163253.gif
.. hee

Me flying by silkair too!! Before the promo came.. haiz.. Din choose tiger becos i dun quite like the flight schedule

Seems that you are getting a good deal at Burasari! Junior suite for 5D4N! Wow wow!!

btw, any recommended places for phuket? Besides snorkelling what can we do over there? I dunno how to swim.. so really dunno what else to do?

Also read that u are going to rent a car. This is my 1st time to phuket. Do u think renting car is advisable? Do we need a car to travel about?

Hi nyny,
Noted in the recent archived thread that u can rent car from Magnolia Travel and Car Rental
163254.gif
u may want to use that as a reference

novgal

hi butter
163256.gif

The peak period starts from Nov.. so airfare and accomodation maybe slightly higher.

From my experience, it may be cheaper to get ala carte deals if we are more choosy on accomodation. Sometimes, hotels have promotional offers which are quite good.

butterkiss

hi novgal,
u mean to book the hotel and air ticket on our own?
hmm... I am a bit lazy to go and co-ordinate... hee hee... but then again, I will check it out and see which one is more cost effective...

Let me know what you did there when u came back for ur trip... hee hee...
I am planning to make use of the November long weekend... I am trying to save up my leave for my big day next year... Though I have 21 Annual Leave, but still, I am stingy on it loh... hee hee...

novgal

yes, butter

i've done booking separately on my own. cos i fell in love with the <font color="0000ff">holiday inn</font> studio room.
163317.gif
went to 3 agencies, realised that it will be cheaper to book ala-carte.

take note that if u buy air-tix only, do check a few agencies. one agent actually quote me a ridiculous fare at $270.
163318.gif
in the end, i booked via <font color="119911">UOB travel planner</font>. they actually charge better rate if u book before 45 days.