Park Hotel Orchard

koori

Zuoer,
yah call them and arrange to meet up with the banquet coordinators, get them to show u the setup and share with you the package details. most impt is to check if your wedding date is available.

rynryn

hi zuoer, CP oso in my shortlisted list leh, btw, hav u meet up w wendy yet? ive seen e deco, nt 2 bad..

hi koori, u booked e CP Package too ?

zuo_er

sad to say... after much discussion, we decided not to take up their package liao...cos the package not really very attractive lor..
maybe getting New Otani... saw the package not bad like that

unyxly

Hi <font color="aa00aa">Gebbera</font>! CP is one of my choices. Is your wed on a wkday or wkend for $758nett? Free flow of beer or what? They offer how many nights hotel stay? Do you mind sharing the pkg or things that they offer for you. If it's not convenient to share in here, you may email to me. Hope to hear fr you soon. THANKS ALOT!!
115222.gif

babies

hi all, i went down to CP n their weekday pkg is $608/$648 ... bt i think $648 is better, as its a 9 dishes n with free seat cover n free beer ... for $608 , is 8 course n have to pay $2 for each seat cover ...

but i think i saw their wedding cake online, issit only 3 tier ? n is very low that kind ? wonder can i change the cake anot ? dont like the cake

blackrose

Hi people,

Im new here. Intending to hold my wedding reception in CP. Not viewed the ballroon yet but heard the food is good. Any views??
Pls help as I need to confirm fast. Im a March bride..time is running out.

Thks!!!
[email protected]

babies

hi RynRyn ... i didnt know they have a wedding show coming up ! but , is in oct ? but i m a march 2005 bride, by oct think will be too late to book the ballroom ... i also thinking of Carlton ... u think with is better ?

rynryn

hi joa, wedding show in oct, ive viewed carlton too, dun reali like e ballroom, low ceiling &amp; nt tat cosy compared to CP.. stil prefer CP ..hehe htl rendezvous oso nt bad.. me stil waitin 4 e tongshu.. haizzz ..

babies

hi RynRyn , really ? carlton ballroom is worst than CP ??!! but they provide free LCD usage rite ? but CP dont .... now i really very headache

rynryn

Joa, dun panic.. me arranging to view Grand Plaza &amp; Holiday Inn 2mr, will update u agn.. yup, carlton provide free LCD &amp; free flow beer on sun .. u arrange 2 view carlton ist &amp; let me noe ur comments.. oki..

nana, thks 4 ur advice.. tin wil consult fengshui master &amp; ..e tongshu as well.. btw, u b goin 4 food tasting soon rite.. let me noe ur ratings 4 e food..

koori, do share wif us ur fotos aft ur big day.. thks in advance..

babies

hi RynRyn , i have went to see the CP ballroom n setting already , dont really like it as it look far too plain to me , only abit of flowers , n stage is small ... n the LCD is $350 for rental .... hope to hear comments on holiday inn from u =)

i will arrange to see the carlton ballroom too ! thank

rynryn

joa, i like e deco 4 holiday inn, gt 4 diff themes... promo 4 weddin show nw, quite reasonable, but hav 2 bk by 31/7 to enjoy weddin show package... me haven decide on e date yet..

koori

valerie,

my coordinator used to be Kris, but handed over to Wendy. Have met them both, quite nice ladies. How abt yours?

rynryn

joa, sori 4 e late reply, holiday inn wedding show promo, weekday including fri &amp; sun - $658
saturday - $728 free flow bee, anniversary dinner etc.. great deal hor,but muz cfm by 31/7, u can contact Pauline @ 67300122 for further details..
Cheers,
RynRyn

babies

RynRyn , thank ... i have went to see the Carlton ballroom , i think it look newer than CP ... so most properly, Carlton is my 1st chioce ... ur holiday inn $658 is 8 course or 9 course ?

rynryn

joa, sad to sae, oli 8 course, nd 2 top up $30 more 4 each table for 9 course... let me noe ur final decision den..
happy.gif
... btw, hav u finalise ur wedding date yet?? did u consult feng shui master??

babies

RynRyn , ya , we have a date from a master ... think carlton is cheaper than holiday Inn , 668 nett (9 course) ... anyway i like carlton bcos of their wedding favour ... got 4 kind to choose

xiaobai

Hi Joa, can introduce the master that you went to pick your date?.. How much do we need to pay for the date and how many dates he gives you?
Tks in advance

babies

xiaobai , RynRyn , i not sure how much they charge for the dates , cos is my FH dad pay wan ... n RynRyn , not 4 themes, is 4 kind of wedding favour to choose, chopstick, candle, bear n keychain

hi_485

Hi all,

I was a March 04 bride, I think I confirmed my dinner only in January 04. Hmmm, if you want a cosy place with a very good Captain who knows how to run your wedding properly and the food is good, CP offers good value for money.

As for the wedding cake, as it is placed on a table which is on the stage (not a very big), it does not look that low.

Happy hotel hunting!

koori

CP brides,
I saw in today's newspaper that Crown Prince has been taken over cos the owner owns too much money and cannot pay up. Not sure if it will affect the business of Crown Prince and of cos the banquet we have booked.
They did mention that business is not affected. They are trying to find a new buyer to take over CP but i cant help worrying

little_p

dear all,,

sorry to drop this note.

i think i read from the business times that the owner of crown prince hotel runs into some financial difficulties.

they are either trying to get new partners in to run the business, or sell the hotel or etc.... cannot recall much... think this is what i can recall from the papers..

for more info, suggest call the hotel to check.

regards/

crankset

We just had our wedding this past weekend...

THUMBS UP
The food, positive comments all round, we were apprehensive cos the food at the food tasting was ordinary, fortunately the kitchen more than made up for that on the actual night.

Key staff, Audie, the asst banquet manager and Wendy, the asst banquet sales exec were totally professional and unflappable no matter what last minute requests we threw at them.

THUMBS DOWN
Waiters, some guests commented that waiters were rushing to clear the plates after each course, didn't have a chance to feedback on this yet but a minor niggle all things considered.

Overall, I'd give a score of 90% for CP for the overall experience, from the time we had first contact with the sales people to the final checkout the day after, heartily recommended.

koori

Drivetrain, thanks for the feedback. It really helps us in our coordination with CP. My coordinator is Wendy too, glad that she is professional. Will take note of the Thumbs Down and feedback to CP.

hi_485

Hi Rynryn,

The bridal suite we had was rather big, basically, it is like a studio apartment, sisters and guests can sit in the living-room like area with TV and sofa etc, the couple can still retain privacy in the other area.

Then again, after the dinner, we just snoozed from 2am till 9.30am, just in time for brunch at Swensen's.

Ha ha, you want to see our AD photos?

luckystars

Hi 485,

I'm CP Sept 04 bride and love to view your AD pics as well. Maybe you can highlight to me on things to look out for......thanks..

Is your wedding weekend or weekday? Any special dishes not to be missed in the banquet?

[email protected]

Best Wishes!

koori

Read the news today
------------------------------------------------

Crown Prince Hotel in Singapore put up for sale
By Chan Hwa Loon, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : Crown Prince Hotel, a landmark in Orchard Road, is being put up for sale.

Earlier reports say the freehold hotel's owner, Forward Investment, has been placed under receivership.

The company owes insurer Great Eastern, OCBC Bank and an HSBC-led consortium some S$230 million.

Forward is owned by Indonesia's Sulistyo family, who have found themselves over-leveraged on the hotel asset.

Property consultants have estimated the value of the 311-room Crown Prince Hotel at about S$230 million.

The hotel also has about 45,000 square feet of retail space. - CNA

rynryn

halo gals, any1 goin to the wedding show on 8/10 ?? $18 inclusive light refreshments .. tot food sampling included.. ;(

btw, anybody rec fotos frm 485 ?? ive nt rec yet.. prob shes busy ...

babe99

Hi 458

How many tables you had for ur dinner? I am interested to take CP as my hotel but it seems the table arrangement is a bit funny. As i am looking at ard 33 tables, there will be 2 rows on the left and only one row on the right with the march in at the center. Is urs like this? Is it a bit loop-sided?

How much is ur package? And what are the perks they give u? Did they allow u to bring duty free hard liquor?

koori

RynRyn - not yet received photos from 485, most prob busy.
Btw, not sure if going to wedding show cos i get free tasting anyway....am keen to see their setup.

rynryn

hi koori, will there be new set up @ e wedding show? hws e food tasting?

hi evevanus, im quite worried abt e receivership too..

haloo 485, u there ???? we all waiting anxiously 4 ur pics .... ;p

evevanus

hi rynryn

did u call your banquet manager n ask about it?
have u paid the deposit already? and they have given to you your contract?