Park Hotel Orchard

fi_fi

hi ladies...
hve got email fm Kris dat new favour aft April gg 2 b : wine chijmes. any1 got advise wat's dat?

little_p

hi all,

i was told by my friend that long jiang restaurant (which is supplying banquet food) in crown prince hotel is moving out of the hotel soon? is it true?

regards

koori

Fifi,
i was wondering whats that - Wine Chimes? Or Wind Chimes?
Oh no is Long Jiang moving out? Then how abt the food in CP? MY GOD

fi_fi

koori... hee happen 2 find out dat its sumthing dat can hook onto wine glass. u may 1 go into d ink 4 a rough idea.
happy.gif

http://www.jewelrysupply.com/EJS/wedding.htm

koori

Hi fihi, don really know the purpose of the wine chimes actually...hehe.
Btw, gals - i have confirmed with Kris that Long Jiang is not moving out of CP, she mentioned that Long Jiang business has always been very healthy. Hope it remains.

fi_fi

hi koori.. well, think as long as its unique n nice can liao lah.. hee..
we can oso rest our mind liao. beta kip our finger cross til our diner over
happy.gif

hi_485

Hi All,

We just had our wedding dinner at Crown Prince
happy.gif
It was fun on the whole and we learnt a lot in the process.
happy.gif
Communicate, plan early, communicate, plan early, communicate, plan early, communicate. Know what you want and discuss with the coordinators! They are really friendly and helpful
happy.gif

1) Food was good, but be careful with the prawns, the ladies did not want to peel them, in the end, quite a waste for some table.

2) Ambience : Cosy and sweet

3) Set-up : Very pretty and sweet

4) Screen : 7 feet by 7 feet. A bit small especially for the tables right at the back, guests can't see much.

5) Service : Audi and Khairul are great! Very very professional and efficient!

6) Co-ordinators : Wendy and Kris are patient and efficient!

7) Florists : Very very efficient, they can set up the whole place within an hour.

All the best!

yours2lynn

hey....what's the purpose of this wine charms?

the link for the DIY jewelley is interesting. where can we find such supplies in S'pore?

hi_485

Dear Lynn,
I think the wine charms are like decoration for wine glasses when you serve the cocktails. Quite cute.

koori

485, thanks for sharing. Seems all good comments. heeehehee, btw, wats the color of the table cloth at the VIP table & normal table.
I wana avoid wearing same color EG as the table cloth.

hi_485

Koori,

I think you can check with your banquet Coordinator. Actually, we saw the pictures and like the champagne gold coloured ones. That was why we chose Crown Prince.

But there was some changes after that, they gave us a choice of white and red which were actually the colours of my gowns. But my wedding coodinator was very kind. I think they managed to make changes for me. You will need to check with them again and really, if possible, go down and have a good look at the whole place and what are the actual colours they would give. Otherwise you may end up with some interesting colours. I believe they would try their best.

Normal table = all white/beige, depending on the angle you are looking at

Have fun!

spring11

Dear all

I went to view CP and personally find that the stage is rather small and with the low ceiling and huge dome light, it seems weird. Any idea to get around with it?

hi_485

Dear Ah Mei,

How big would your immediate family be? How many members? We had around 30 plus people on stage that day.

Have you booked CP or are you just looking at your choices?

Are you planning to have special items on stage?

If you want a place with very high ceiling, try Sheraton Towers or Orchid Country Club or Chijmes
happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

<font color="ff6000">Crown Prince Hotel is having a promotional package currently</font>. Confirmation of booking must be made from now till 8 May. For more details, please click here.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

shelyn

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and would like to ask for some advice. I'm considering between Crown Prince, Holiday Inn and Le Meridien for my wedding end of next yr or even early 2006. Does anyone have any comments or advice regarding these?

Or anyone has any other recommendations? I'm looking at a sat wedding for about 40 tables, $750 per table with nice ballroom...

hi_485

Shelyn,
;) If you are looking for good service and good food, I believe you will find that Crown Prince really tries their best and my guests enjoyed the food very much.

I think they can hold up to 32 tables. Is it weekday or weekend? The package price is different but it should meet your budget. The ballroom is cosy. If you are looking for a tall ceiling, the ceiling is not that tall. Hope this is helpful
happy.gif

koori

hi all,
anyone seen the wedding favours liao? Tot it will arrive around end Apr04, but my coordinator has not updated me anything yet.
My wedding is at Dec, any recommendations on when i should start my dinner discussion with CP?

hi_485

Dear Koori,
I think your wedding coordinator has a "to do list" with all the time schedule for the important items
happy.gif
Get a copy of that from her. There are some things like the deco or theme you may want to customise and differ from the norm. In that case, you may want to discuss such things 6 months before? Have fun!

benpoon

Just want to add in a bit on CP, we had our wedding dinner at Long Jiang last year and the food was superb. This was the feedback we got from some of our hotelier friends as well. We had a banquet of around 22 tables, I believe they can accomodate up to 32 in LJ, but it'll be a lit'l cramp to move around though
happy.gif

koori

ben poon, thanks for the feedback, am glad the food is good! I believed thats what most guest are looking for.

benpoon

No prob here's a tip, get them to pack some food so that you can have a late nite supper in the room, I'm sure you'll be hungry after the long day and do remember to have fun on your big day!
happy.gif

fi_fi

Hi all CP brides...
tues mi juz get 2 c d wedding favbours. vri cute &amp; nicly wrap-up. really dif fm others htl favours.

mimicro

Hi....

I am still deciding whether to booked CP for my wedding banquet. Anyone has an advice or suggestions.

I notice that the room is a little dull/dark.

I am confused and need some convincing that it will be a good venue for my wedding. Kindly share with me your experiences.

Thank you.

mimicro

Hi....

I am still deciding whether to booked CP for my wedding banquet. Anyone has an advice or suggestions.

I notice that the room is a little dull/dark.

I am confused and need some convincing that it will be a good venue for my wedding. Kindly share with me your experiences.

Thank you.

enternity

hihi Ying Ying

Evaluate the reasons that is pushing u or pulling u back from confirming with them.

Factors to consider include the size of your wedding dinner. The ballroom must be big enough to cater for your maximum number of guests that you expect. I have initially placed a tentative booking with CP. However, i have to give up cos my number of guests increased after consulting my parents. The ballroom would be very packed and full!

Other factors include -

1) Do u feel comfortable with the coordinator?
2) Feedback from friends who have held dinner at the htl or attended dinner there before.
3) Budget
4) Accessibility of the hotel
5) Parent opinion if they mind

However, of cos, I must agree that CP pricing is too good for a Orchard htl right.
happy.gif
although their ballroom is not that fantastic.

I suggest going round all the htls that you may have shortlisted to convince yourself so that you will not regret with your decision.

Take time and discuss with your FH, considering all your priorities and constraints.

Good luck!
happy.gif

gebbera

Hi ladies,
I'm a CP bride and just hold my wedding dinner at CP in late May this year....
Hubby and i are glad that we chose CP. Everything went on very smoothly on that day..... no crop up at all.... am very glad with their services as well. think they are great and professional!

Most of all, our guests enjoyed the food very much... my guests came back to us, complimenting on the delicious and generous dishes....

Hi Koori,
fyi, during the banquet, those dishes that both you &amp; your hubby have not touch, CP will automatically reserve and keep your shares. Dun need to specifically tell them to do so... they know what to do.... The operation manager will send 2 plates of assorted dishes up to your wedding suite together with a box of the wedding cake(fruit cake wrap with icing sugar)to you after the event.

Hi germy,
CP is giving a pair of wine chimes to your guests as wedding momento.... it's placed in a nice maroon satin bag.... Think the momentos are not very practical.... people might not know what it is if you did not tell them.... My guests thought they are a pair of earrings, cos they really look like one.....

Think CP ballroom can hold up till 40 tables.... but with this figures, some of your guests sitting at a certain area of the ballroom will be blocked by the pillars and might have difficulties viewing the stage.

mine only 28 tables.... so managed to avoid that area for my guests. everyone can view the stage without any blockage at all....

hope this will clear some of your doubts.....
happy.gif

gebbera

Hi ladies,
I'm a CP bride and just hold my wedding dinner at CP in late May this year....
Hubby and i are glad that we chose CP. Everything went on very smoothly on that day..... no crop up at all.... am very glad with their services as well. think they are great and professional!

Most of all, our guests enjoyed the food very much... my guests came back to us, complimenting on the delicious and generous dishes....

Hi Koori,
fyi, during the banquet, those dishes that both you &amp; your hubby have not touch, CP will automatically reserve and keep your shares. Dun need to specifically tell them to do so... they know what to do.... The operation manager will send 2 plates of dishes up to your wedding suite together with a box of the wedding cake(fruit cake wrap with icing sugar)to you after the event.

Hi germy,
CP is giving a pair of wine chimes to your guests as wedding momento.... it's placed in a nice maroon satin bag.... Think the momentos are not very practical.... people might not know what it is if you did not tell them....
My guests thought they are a pair of earrings, cos they really look like one.....

Think CP ballroom can hold up till 40 tables....
but with this figures, some of your guests sitting at a certain area of the ballroom will be blocked by the pillars and might have difficulties viewing the stage.

mine only 28 tables.... so managed to avoid that area for my guests. everyone can view the stage without any blockage at all....

hope this will clear some of your doubts.....
happy.gif

nana1977

Hi Gebbera,
Thanks for sharing. I am holding my dinner in Oct. I believe all will go well and the food is great nevertheless.

Congratulations to your marriage and success to your dinner!

luckystars

Hi Gebbera,

Thanks for sharing too.

I'm also CP bride, will be holding my wedding dinner this Sept. Is yours weekend or weekday and which menu did you pick?

gebbera

Hi nana,
Thank you for your well wishes...
Hope you'll enjoy the process thru'out.

Hi luckystars,
Mine is a weekend package... is a weekend 9-course menu A... Our dishes are not exactly the same cos we exchanged 2~3 dishes from the other menus as well.

By the way, when are you going for your food tasting?

nana1977

Hi Gebbera,
Thanks.

How many tables did you have? BTW, mine is a
weekday package. Not much perks though.

I will probably be going for food tasting in
late July.

luckystars

Hi Gebbera,

Mine is a weekday package and thinking of upgrading the Shark-Fin to "Braised Superior Shark's Fin Soup with Crabmeat &amp; Conpoy". How's the quality? I will be going for my food tasting in Sept cos FH not in town.

Oh yes! any wedding pics to share with me...thanks....

gebbera

Hi Nana,
We had 28 tables, including 2 reserve tables.
what menu did you choose?

Hi Luckystars,
"Braised Superior Shark's Fin Soup with Crabmeat and Conpoy" is one of my dishes for the wedding banquet. This dish is great! My relatives told me that this dish was superb and must be very expensive cos of the generous shark fins in it. They can really "feel" the shark fins in the soup. Unlike other restaurants, they cant even "feel" the fins at all.....

I think CP is quite generous with their food. For my case, guests feedback that their servings and portions are quite big... Some of my guests even think that hubby and i must have paid alot for the banquet becos of the good dishes. Hee Hee...

koori

Gebbera, Any additional cost incurred when we upgrade to Braised Superior Shark's Fin Soup with Crabmeat and Conpoy?

koori

can i know who is your wedding coordinator?
I suppose the operation manager will be around throughout the whole dinner rite?

luckystars

Hi Gebbera,
Glad to hear that the quality of "Braised Superior Shark's Fin Soup with Crabmeat and Conpoy" is good! If I were to go for it, will have "extra cost" and afraid that may not able to break-even on the banquet cost. Need to discuss with FH cos he is paying...hee....

Koori,
I did check with CP, they quoted me $50/table for upgrading of the Shark-Fin.

gebbera

hi koori,
i did not upgrade the shark's fin. It was already in my menu when i signed the package.
happy.gif

my wedding coordinator is Wendy. operation manager on duty was Audie.
yes, the operation manager(OP) will be at the banquet thru'out the whole event. The OP will request to meet your hubby around 4-5pm when both of you are already in the wedding suite. Then, he'll brief both of you about the whole event. ;)

Luckystars, fyi, we did not make any profits from our wedding banquet. Think it's very unlikely to break-even too. btw, what's the cost of your per table?
happy.gif

gebbera

luckystar, mine is $758nett per table.... is about $100 different....
Mmm.... hope yours will earn profits and more.... good luck!
happy.gif

weddingmoods

Hi All CP Bride
I am also a CP bride. Will be having banquet in late Dec this yr. Really happy to hear all the good comments about the food.

I saw the momentos(wine charms) from CP &amp; I really don't like it. I don mind chopstick because at least it is more meaningful &amp; useful. How? Can I request to change? Sigh...

germy

Hi,

Tks for the updates Gebbera...
I dun really know how does Wine charms looks like? what's the purpose of a wine charm?

hi_485

weddingmoods,

I think you will need to talk to your wedding coordinator see if they can change for you. If they cannot and you really don't like the wine charms and can afford a little gift, then give both the charms and a little gift. That was what my friend did for another hotel.

zuo_er

Halo...
me thinking of getting up CP package.
but dont really know how about doing it...
can anyone guide me or give me some rough idea...

like shld i call them or go down??
or what shld i do??