Park Green

hanyan

Hi everyone
happy.gif

I notice that most ppl hv problem with stains on flooring. I dun hv this problem but my 'stains' issue is wif the wall tiles of the common toilet (the one wif the black wall tiles). Does any of yours hv wat looks like black patches of paint on the tiles? Mine does. I wonder if there's anything dat can remove it. Actually, did get the main con ppl to look into it but the stains were never fully removed, it only got a little lighter, daz all
sad.gif

So, wld really appreciate if any of u can advise me on this, thanks!

tyg

hi all, i've got a question about telephone points, hope someone can help. can anyone advise if all telephone points (eg in bedroom, living room...) are linked to the same number? i.e. they are extensions? or are the separate points? thanks in advance!

limay

Samily - our news paper delivery is direct from SPH. You can find the application form online at their www.

Tyg - there is only one tel number per unit. Should you require an additional line, you would have to apply with Singtel (plus pay the additional monthly line rental, etc etc).
happy.gif

tyg

I see. So all the telephone points will work by activating one number with Singtel? Singtel confuse me, told me that only one telephone point will be activated. Thanks Limay!

limay

Tvg, welcome!
happy.gif

Hi all, did anyone attend the gathering session yesterday? We went down to look see just for a couple of minutes...The sound system was horrible, esp. when they were testing it before the event started! Did anyone win any of the prizes?

pinkymint

Hi Merci puku,

May I know which product you bought from HG for yr hard water stains? I have a lot of colourless/white stains on my marble flooring... I can't seem to remove them!! Thanks
sad.gif

merci_puku

Hi pinkymint,

HG marble cement & lime film remover. Before you apply you need confirm that your stain is actually hardwater stains. Applying the wrong remover will worsen the condition.

merci_puku

Hi All,
NTUC Choicehome and Tiong Seng do not deserve the Best Builability Design Award as this is achieved at the expense of quality.

The Park Green project (as I understand from URA website) is a precursor/guiney pig for future HDB/NTUC related projects to reduce the dependency on foreign contruction labour as well as speeding up on construction project without adding labour cost.

As I understood from some residents, developer and Tiong Seng are trying to stifle the defects complaints from residents to give HDB and URA an impression that this pilot project is a huge success.

kyosho1

I called my wife from the office to ask her to wake up from her lazy sleep to check out the gathering session on Saturday. She said there were some food to eat and she won a consolation prize. That made her day hah hah

pinkymint

Thanks Merci puku!

My Hubby broke a whole bottle of red wine on the floor yesterday.. urggh...

I used the color stain remover, but now still have those colorless stains left. They are very visible against the light. And it's a very big patch!!
sad.gif

bricriu

Hi pinkymint

My hubby dropped a whole bottle of red wine on the floor too... few months back... the stains will slowly disappear after a couple of months. weekly mopping helps. nothing much u can do...
happy.gif

pinkymint

Thanks Sweetiepea! That's really consoling.. Hope mine will disappear too.. Now all i can do is to grumble non stop to my hubby... hehe

limay

Hey Pinkymint,let me know if the HG stain remover works on your marble flooring. Dont know what we spilt on the lounge floor, couldnt remove it, so I ended up just covering that area with a carpet!
sad.gif

pinkymint

Hi Bigtoes,

I tried the color stain remover. Still got the colorless stains left. I called up HG to ask abt it. Was advised to use the polishing powder. But now I'm a bit too lazy to go down to buy.. as HG has moved. Can check out this website
www.hi-glitz.com

How's yr stains like?

limay

Pinky, I have tried like 4 different products from the DIY shop, but they just made it worse.
sad.gif
No idea what the stain is, dont even remember spilling anything there, reckon its just water left overnite..Really lousy quality, dont remember the floor at my old place staining so easily!
Suppose we will just leave them for now, & when we accumulate more, will get someone to come buff the entire apartment.

pinkymint

Oh then remember to put a layer of impregnator to seal yr marble floor after it is cleared of any stains.. To protect yr floor from being easily stained again. I really regret not doing it
sad.gif

Hey Bigtoes, if yrs only water, can try the product that Merci puku bought. Maybe it will work?

sept03

Anyone know what time does the mgt office opens? Also, if we need to book tennis court or bbq pit, do we have to book at the mgt office or we can call to book? Do we need to pay for booking of bbq pit and tennis court?

ryue

Mgt office opens 9am I think. Can call the guard house to book tennis court (1 week advance booking allowed). Tennis court - Free. Can call management office to reserve BBQ pit but must present 2 cheques before using - 1 for $10.50 (fee) and 1 for $100 (deposit).

tyg

I finally moved in during the weekend, after collecting keys since November... found 2 of my shower heads not working. Water heater gives hot & cold water intermittently even though we turn it on for sometime before the shower... Any knows why?
I also finally experience first hand the smell u guys discussed…haha : )

limay

Tyg, how come such a long delay before u shift in? The shower heads are quite loose, best to just get your own replacement. And yes, we have also experienced the hot/cold phenomenon...maybe too many residents using their heaters at the same time?
Boh Eng, there shouldnt be leaks from the bathtub lah, must be a small crack somewhhere
sad.gif

grin

The water heater isn't affected by the no. of residents using it. It needs both adequate water and gas pressure to combust. So you need to make sure that the gas valve is open enough and turn the tap to full hot water to get it going. After that can slowly adjust, but there's a max that the mixer can be turned towards cold before the combustion goes off. Good to note it before bathing and mark on the mixer. The technician can adjust the heater slightly so that less hot water goes thru, but that also means that combustion may get cranky even with the tap on full. If you notice that the heater is cranky and the water pressure is dropping it could be the pipe filter in the heater is clogged with algae, so gotta clean it out.

tyg

wow, sounds like our gas heaters are not user-easy... thanks Grin for your advice. will try it out again tonight. : )

limay, we were very slow in deciding on what type of renovations we wanted to do... the months flew by before we knew it... we still have loose furniture items we have yet to purchase actually, house not entirely ready yet... hopefully we can get it done before the GSS ends! ;p

limay

Hey Tvg, we were the other way round. Had the reno done in 4 days cos we wanted to shift in right after the chinese wedding dinner! Purchased most stuff way before that, & now we can only look-see & not buy odds & ends no matter how nice/cheap cos its starting to clutter
sad.gif
Wish we had gotten a bigger unit!

byrd

talking about split red wine. my hubby dropped a whole bag of prata curry onto the floor and it splashed onto the walls and everywhere.

there were some stains left behind, but after a few mops it went off.

limay

On another note, whatever happened to the feedback from the last mgt committee meeting months ago? Also, thought they were going for a walk-about to identify common areas that needed repairs....hmm...so much for follow ups!

ytt197

Has anyone install the Magic Seal - magnetic insect screens to pervent flies from entering the house? Is it really effective?Is it effective for those tiny house flies? Thanks!

Has anyone water heater's water pipe being so choked by algae that the water don't flow thru the heater? Should there be algae in water tank? My previous HDB flat never has this problem before.

limay

Guess what, there is a new coffeeshop opening at the bottom of the new HDB blocks just facing the Ranggung LRT! Just saw the banner today! Yeah!! Another food option nearby
bounce.gif

grin

Kent, our water heater was also choked with algae. Still got water flowing thru but not enough to make the water heater combust. Just clean it out whenever you feel the water pressure dropping lor.

missylan

Hi Kent & grin,
Mine was choked with algae earlier on too. I call up PUB and complain to them. I shall post the PUB guy's contact number. Please complain to them. DO NOT CHANGE THE shower head or keep the algae shower head. I told this PUB guy that the algae must come fr our water tank, but maybe I was the first to complain so PUB did nothing.

missylan

about the water heater, i have got used to cold water after living in PG. The techanican fr the water heater company explained to me that the mixer we are using isn't sensitive so when switch off the tap, the gas stop burning, when on the water, they will begin to heat up again. as this is a gas heater, best to change the mixer to a one which can control the temperature. its like a round tap and got digits on it, so that we can adjust to the desired temperature. I've tried that recently in a hotel and yes, the temperature is very stable.

ytt197

The plumber came over to check on the green particles (they claim they are not algae)last Friday. It is confirmed that the green particles are not from the PUB or water tank and the water flowing from the PUB or water tank don't have those green particles. Those particles seem to be grow from our water pipes! That guy said he is going to report this to his boss but until now still have not hear anything from him.

He said that those pipes are from main-con and they are only in-charge of installing!

samily

I am also experiencing slow water flow from the tap in my kitchen basin. It was much faster when I first moved in.

Is it what you guys are experiencing?
If yes, what can I do?

cyrusiii

Hi fellow PGians,
Can we fix awnings? Esp over the balcony area outside the MBR, rain so easily splash. Anyone got any ideas? Tks!

sept03

Hi

Does anyone know how long is the retification period in PG? Is it 1 year from TOP? It will be quite unfair for us if Tiong Seng took long time about 4 months to retify our unit right. And also it's quite unfair for us to pay maintenance fees for the few months of retifications delay on Tiong Seng's side. Anyone had brought up the maintenance issue to NTUC before? Any compensation from NTUC side?

missylan

sept03,
That's why you have to rush and rush... Find the main contractor in charge of your blk. There is a member here in Park Green fought for the maintenance issue too. Maybe you can PM him... Merci Puku...

ahbeng

During my bath , I always kanna this hot and cold hot and cold water thing from my heater, very chia lat leh. Did anyone here managed to solve this water heater issue?

missylan

ahbeng,
You can solve by fixing a thermo mixer(dunno how it is named)... not our present mixer. I understand that our heater is good, just that we cannot use the present mixer. Not accurate. I saw the thermo mixer before, like a round tap with degrees on it, you can choose your desired temp from there and the water temp is very accurate and temp comes very fast!

sept03

Hi Merci,

I read that you managed to demand back 6 months of maintenance fees. How did you go about doing it? Care to share with me?
This is my long story. I had submitted my first retification form last dec 2004. Thinking the contractor will get back to us if they have any problem with the retifications. Since we did not hear from them 1 month later, we assume everything was ok. So my husband called to checked with them the status, asked them if they have any problems, any retificaions cannot be done. They said everything was ok. 2 months later, still din hear from them. So we decided to call them and to our surprise, they had not done th retifications yet. We were so angry. At that time, there is this guy called Raymond who was in charge. So we arranged to meet up with Raymond and demand an explanation from him. On the day of meet up, Raymond was no longer at Park Green and was taken over by the Indian guy, Venga. He supper attitude. WE refused to talk to him coz he does not know what is happening and needed us to explain to him and go through the defects with him. The to-and-fro took us about a few more months. We finally can get our ID to do the reno only in June. That's very long right. And guess what, now they dun have stock for our door cylinder. They got problem with the supplier and their problem has became our misery. So i think, to be far to us who have been paying for maintenance fees and not staying there yet. I think we should demand back our maintenance fee. These people are very prompt when come to collecting of maintenance fee. But when problem arise and need their service, they simply just ignore you. So kindly email me @ [email protected]. Thanks

ahbeng

misslan, thank you for your solution. Can you pls tell me did u fixed that thermo mixer? And if you have can you tell me how much does it cost? Becasue I really want to have a good bath. Thank you.

samily

ahbeng,

I am still struggling with the same old issue.

The heater that we have is designed for cold climate. Once you turn past the triggering point, large amount of hot water gushes in. Since our tap water is only room temp, the mixed water becomes very hot even though I set it to only 38degrees. I tried turning the red tap below the heater to minimal but it doesn't seem to help.

chinesetea

Hi All,

Me new here. Seem like everyone had the same prob with the heater. It appears the same as me. Thought tat it is norm.. So me n hubby go ahead n bear with it.

Anyone know when the new committee going to be set up? No news from the park green after the last leaflets from them asking for pple to volunteer to be committee.

jam

For the heater, someone mentioned in this forum that the temperature should be turned to the maximum of something like 52 degrees to prevent the hot-cold-hot-cold sydrome. But after I did that, my heater got worse. Then later, I realised it works perfectly fine when I switch the temperature to 42 degrees. So I guess you may have to play with the temperature to see what is best for your heater. And of course, try not to switch the tap on and off when showering because i think the combustion starts only when the shower is switched on.

missylan

jam,
The heater techanican came to my house and fix up for me. Like now my mixer is to the extreme hot, he adjusted for me my desired temperature. He fixed it at the water heater(outside). My water is at a fixed temp stated 38(which I think is ard 36), so the temp is just nice for my baby. On hotter days, the temp of the water will increased.

Gas heater claims to save electricity BUT we are wasting WATER! Haahaa