Pan Pacific Singapore

yvonne

hi Cast,

thank u for your reply!! really thanks.
arghh...wah say u make my "decision" go weak again!
i dunno whether i "thick-skinned" enuf or not to go talk to WaiLeng again leh..
n also..dunno whether hubby likes it or not..
really appreciate ur explanation though..
gosh...wat m i suppose to do????
think i'll discuss with my hubby later.

btw, u r saying tat urs is exactly 1 yr before mine, meaning its 24/9/2001! getting near!
i know of a MM bride (Sunny) who is 1 day before u! bet both of u r getting pretty excited n gan cheong for the big day....counting down the days liao..hehehe

T

tnp

hi all,

Yvonne, i've jus posted a msg for u at GWC but essentially is wat Cast has mentioned abt your initial $680 includes beer, hard liquor, wine etc but now after careful calculation, u hv to revise your budget to $650 as u expect lots of guests to drink. :p

Corica & Cast, i think i'll choose the candle theme as i find it very romantic. hee ... a mixture sounds good too, Cast!
happy.gif

let's keep each other posted. Cheers!
happy.gif

yvonne

hi tnp/cast,

just sms my hubby abt wat u have told n also abt cast offering to tok to WL.
but guess wat he replied " dun bother lah"
sad.gif

guess he's really not very interested in PP leh!

well...i dun want him to feel uncomfortable..someone has to compromise..i think i'm more "wei da" heheheh..me "sacrifice" loh..
just kidding lah..i dun want both to be unhappy over a banquet..overall i'm ok with MM..(except..u know wat lah) hehehe

me going to be typical "ah soh" today coz after work going to supermarket to buy food..my frens r coming to my new hse in sengkang..n guess wat..Yvonne's cooking for the party (actually just a gathering lah)!! eheheh

hey guys, have a great weekend ok!
happy.gif

whiterose

Hi Corica

Yes, I'll be having my solemnisation in the ballroom before the dinner start. I booked 35 tables. So when is your wedding and are you having your church wedding on the same day as your wedding ceremony?

Whiterose

corica

Hi Whiterose

Cool, i'm sure it'll be nice. Attended a wedding solemnization there before, under the gazebo. So beautiful.

My wedding is in May 2002, and my church wedding will also be on the same day so it'll be easier to 'gao tim'. Hopefully would have some time to go around to take photos with friends.

Have you seen Pan Pac's suite yet? I saw it and it's really huge and nice.

whiterose

Hi corica, cast & Yvonne

Wow, realise that there're actually 2
Pan Pacific(topic) forum are created. So happy to see so many pan pacific brides here. Can chit chat with all the pan pacific's bride here loo. Hope that everyone will come in regularly.

Hi Corica, great to see you here. I've posted a message to you on the other forum under "Any comments on Pan Pacific". Anyway, can answer your question here again lar. Yes, I'm having my solmnation in the ballroom before the dinner start and I have booked 35 tables in Pacific Ballroom 2 & 3. You've booked 55 tables rite so that mean you're using pacific ballroom 1,2 & 3. I believe it'll look even more grand with the 3 ballroom open. So when is your big day? Is it in a weekday or weekend?

Yvonne - Has read your message about the unhappiness you've toward pan pacific. Although finally you decided to choose MM, I'm very happy for you too that you've have found somewhere that you feel comfortable & happy with. Anyway, I have attended one of my friend's wedding at MM last Nov. Felt that the ballroom was quite nice. My friend was using golden theme. As for the food, not bad, I like their fried chicken and mango pudding.........heeeheeee........would say you've made a good choice too.

Hi Cast - Seem like your wedding is around the corner har.........congratulation to you. So you've decided to use the mix theme. Agree with Corica, I think the serveral tealights candles surrounding the flower centrepiece will look very beautiful and romantic with the lighting effect. I've seen the decor with the 12" long gold candle when I went down to view their actually decor. Is nice too but it sound to me that the tealights candle will look better. If I didn't mistaken, the tealights candles surrounding the flower centrepiece is for displaying on the dinner table one rite? As for the flower, I like white & champagne color flower eg white & champagne roses, white lily, more to the lighter color. Can blend better with the ballroom decor. Anyway, how many table have you book? Is your wedding on a weekday or weekend?

Whiterose

whiterose

Hi Corica

Wow, so fast har, just posted a message in the forum under "Pan Pacific Wedding Bouquet". After that come back and see your message here....................heeheeehee

Hey, you'll saying that you attended a wedding solmnation in Pan Pacific under the gazbo also. With the JP, 2 witness and the couple, does that look very crumb? Hope it is not cos I have this worry also. Worry that the gazbo will be too small for 5 persons under it. I also worry about another thing. You know usually, if there is no solmnation, the wedding cake will display under the gazbo. Worry that don't know whether will look nice or not if the cake will to display beside the champagn table since we will have to display table & chair under the gazbo for solnmation.

Anyway, which church are you attending? I'm attending Church Of Our Savior. Are you having your church wedding in your church?

Ummm......really har, you saw the Pan Pacific Suite. I have not seen yet but very happy to know that it is very huge and nice........yehhhhhhh.......

Whiterose

C

cast

Hi all,

Very happy to see so many PP brides here. I think I'm the first one having the wedding at PP right? Mine is 24/09/2001. Will definitely keep all posted on the actual day's happening.

Hi Yvonne,
Sorrie to make you sin4 luan4, but anyway, with a wonderful wei3 da4 bride any venue will be just as wonderful.

Oops Sorrie hubby just called. hubby just called, gtg liao. I'll cotinue tonite.

corica

Hi Whiterose

Hehe...i'm always looking at this website. Addicted liao
happy.gif

No, i don't think it looks very cramp. I think it's sufficient and the gazebo is just the right size. So don't worry. My friend's wedding is exactly like what you describe.. soleminization under gazebo and cake display near the champagne table.

I attend Grace Assembly of God. And yes, i'm definitely having my wedding in the church. Am currently attending the pre marital counselling course with fiance. I suppose you're not marrying in church since you're having the solemnisation at Pan Pac?

I'm sure you'll love the suite and it's got a living room and a huge bathroom as well - like a studio apartment.

So are you all ready for your big day and when is it? Where did u book your bridal package from?

C

cast

Hi all,

I'm back. ok let me continue......

I like the light coloured flowers too but problem is table clothe, napkins, gown, gazebo all lightly coloured leh. FYI, tall candle is gold in colour so what colour flower do you think matches the whole ambience?

As for the candles, I think I'll be more kiasu, I'll try ask Waileng if I can have both tealights and tall candles.

Anyone has any ideals how the lightings will be 'played' with? Do we get to choose a particular colour to 'play' whole night or the colours will be changing throughout the night?

Hi Whiterose,
Did you mention that you'll be having 35 tables at pacific ballroom 2&3, wouldn't that be a little squeezy? I am having ballroom 2&3 too, wanted to book ballroom 1 too but was booked by someone else. Sigh, got to share foyer with someone else.

Allright, now let me conclude,
Corica: 18/05/2002, weekend, 55tbls
tnp: ??/05/2002
cast: 24/09/2001, monday, 33tbls
and hey whiterose what abt you, when yours?

T

tnp

hi Cast,

do keep us posted abt your actual wedding day, okie?
happy.gif
i've confirmed 40 tables, but may increase to 45 if need be. will be using Pacific 2 & 3 but 1 is not booked so far as they promised to let me know first if there's any booking becos if i expand my no. of tables to 45, i may need Pacific 1 as well.

Yvonne, u're staying in sengkang? me will be too!
wink.gif
i'll be collecting my keys pretty soon and then shd start reno.
happy.gif

hv a bright sunday, all!!!
happy.gif

yvonne

hi Whiterose,

i m glad to hear tat MM is quite ok..hope tat everything will turn out well

tnp- which area in sengkang? is urs a standard/design n built one?
mayb can start a new thread under sengkang housing!
happy.gif

btw, how to start a new thread ie a new topic?

whiterose

Hi Cast & Yvonne

I think you'll have to mix the white color flower with some color flower so that it'll not look so plain. It'll not look nice if you use all white color flower. As for the color coordination, can't really give you advice cos I'm not very good at that. Perhaps, Waileng may be able to give you some advice. When do you have to inform your coordinator about the flower that you want to use?

As for the lightings, I ever checked with one of the operation manager when I went down to view the ballroom decor. He told me that we can choose our own ligting if we want. He said we can actually go down to inform them on the actual day the lighting that we want during the 1st & 2nd march in, dinner time etc. Cast, to double confirm, I would advise you to check with your coordinator how to inform them about the lighting that you want.No problem wah lar, we pay so much for the dinner, difinately we can choose our own lighting.

Umm.......cast, I think you've mistaken already. Pacific ballroom 1 & 2 are the smaller ballroom. The ballroom 2 & 3 are the bigger ballroom that're toward the end. Initially, I booked the ballroom 1 & 2 for 30 tables. After I went down to view the ballroom, I also feel that it is a little squeezy so we decided to increase to 34 tables & 1 reserve to book the ballroom 2 & 3.
I like the ballroom 2 & 3 cos they've a longer march...............heeheee........vain rite.

Your wedding is on 24/09/01.......wow, coming soon har........must be feeling very excited rite.........anyway, my wedding is in April 2002.......hey, remember to share with us about your actual wedding day har......heeheeheee...........

Yvoone - hey, don't worry lar.......MM is not bad wah........it will not turn out to be bad wah........don't give yourself so much stress.......

Whiterose

whiterose

Hi Corica

Ya, I am not having a church wedding.

Wow........the suite sound so nice har...........hey, how did you get to see the suite?.........I also want to see lei.

My big day is in April 2002 so still quite sometime lar. I only settle my wedding banquet and wedding package. Other than that, now is to search for all the information on photographer and videographer for the actual day and etc.............I believe when the day is nearer, we'll get more busy...........now don't know what to get ready also.

Oh, I have booked Julia Wedding News for my bridal package. How about you? Have you book your bridal package and where did your book from?

Whiterose

corica

Hi WhiteRose

So sian....tomorrow have to work
sad.gif

Your wedding is actually one mth before mine. Pls tell me your experience once it's over hor. Ya, i went to see the suite. I requested from Candy to let me have a look. If you want, i'm sure you can ask your coordinator to take you there to see. I'm sure u'll like it.

Same for me, i've already booked everything, and i'm only waiting for my bridal shop to call me to mtm my gown. Oh, i booked with White Link.

So have you gone for your gown design yet? Tell me more about ur package leh. Can compare compare although too late to make any changes now ;P Just being KPO.

So have you bought your wedding bands yet? I just bought mine yesterday at Goldheart.

Keep in touch!

C

cast

Hi all,

Wow, this tread really very 'active' hor.

Sorrie about the ballroom mistake, I've booked ballroom 1&2 but find it too small now, I'm thinking of having 35tbls but worry that it will be too tight. Waileng actually helped me asked the other couple if they are willing to give up the ballroom(move up to ocean)in exchange for a barrel beer but they dun wan leh, of course lah hor, pacific ballroom so nice.

Hi Whiterose,
Thanks for your information, I'll double confirm with Waileng. and hey, the suite is really huge. Try asking for the panoramic one.

Hi all again,
Anyone doing the video presentation? Can share wif me some tips? I've asked Waileng for the Lcd but not too sure if I'll do the presentation.

What songs would you lots be playing? The songs they provide not very good leh. Got to play so many songs, 1st march in, 1st course presentation, 2nd march in, champagne pouring, getting abit blur already. I'm thinking of playing 'bridal march' by wagner, 'ai4 shi4 yong3 heng2' by Jacky, and 'I finally found someone' by Bryan Adam, but dun noe which to play when?

I just got the emcee script from PP, very obiang, anyone has better scripts?

Me very troublesome hor, so many questions to ask.
Actually, I only started to prepare this march, and confirmed with PP this august! hahaha seems like I'm the least excited one here! All of you confirmed one year b4 hand, while I confirm only one month b4 hand.

T

tnp

ya, yvonne, maybe we can start a sengkang topic under home & reno.
happy.gif
getting increasingly excited abt renovating my flat!! mine is a standard unit becos the design & built ones offered are not really nice. i shd say outside look nice but inside the flat is not good, mainly due to layout and the tiles i aso dun like.

my blk is pretty near to sengkang MRT, blk 300+ series. where's yours?

corica

Hi Cast

Me Me! I'll be doing the LCD Presentation....but have not started yet. A kind friend has offered to help me. So, did they charge you for the LCD? My friend mentioned that she'll be using PowerPoint to do the presentation. Just a simple one, but good enough for me.

I like the Bryan Adams song too! I think you shld play that during the champagne pouring. So romantic
happy.gif

Hey, can you email me the Emcee script from Pan Pac? Wanna see how orbit is it...heh..my email is [email protected]

U know u're lucky you still can get a hotel at the last minute. I started looking since June this year for next year but some of my hotel choices are already booked. Too bad lor...but i'm happy with my final choice
happy.gif

sue

Hi, everyone!

Just a small clarification. You can choose the lighting that you want - don't worry! My husband and I actually went down to meet with Wai Leng and she went through the lighting with us, so we could choose what particular set up we wanted to individual parts of the dinner, like our march-in, etc. Also, Wai Leng gave us a choice of table linen, so again, you can choose the colour you want.

Oh, and from some one who was there about a month and a half ago, yes, the bridal suite is really quite nice...
happy.gif

whiterose

Hi Corica & Cast

Don't worry lar, I'll share with you my experience once is over.

No, I've not gone for my gown selection yet. Will be going for my gown selection in October cos my shooting is in Nov. As for the wedding band, I've bought yet cos has been visiting a few jewellery shop eg: goldheart, lee hwa, soo kee etc but didn't find anything we like. Properly will visit lee hwa again end of the year to see whether any new design cos after visiting so many jewellery shop, we still prefer Lee Hwa's Design.

Cast - Hi cast, what do you mean panoramic? The song, I also headache about the song. So far I do not have any idea what song shall I use...........sigh!!!! Cast, you're really lucky har. Your wedding is in Sept and you only confirm your banquet in August. Still can get the day you want. Cast, I also want to see the Emcee script lei, can email to me. My email address is [email protected]. Thank you very much first..............heeeheeee

Anyway, have you all got yourself an Emcee already?

Whiterose

C

cast

Aiyoh, cannot attach leh, 'they' say my bytes too great, they only allow 50bytes. Never mind lah, email u lots tommorrow, too tired tonite (see the time difference above). Meanwhile, you lots try to attach something, if successful, teach me okay.

Hi Corica,
Sorrie if I spoilt your mood, but I think powerpoint not so good..... Initially, I know nuts abt all this but after some professional advice and sample...... try the 3d montage or at least multimedia video.
They will not be charging me for the LCD but seems like I got to pay for using the video? What abt you?

I too thinks that I very lucky, I even managed to get a date from Westin, but due to bad comments on food......

Hi Sue,
Thanks for your info, and so, what do you suggest?

Hi Whiterose,
The panoramic suite is the same as the executive suite but comes with a birds eyes view.

whiterose

Hi Cast

Can't really help you on the attachment cos not good at that.

Wow, 3.57am you're still in this forum. Do you have to work or you're too excited about your wedding, can't sleep.............heeheeeheeeheee..........

Birds eyes!! Sound interesting har.

Whiterose

corica

Hi Cast

So how do we do the montage thingey? Need an expert to do it? I don't intend to spend money. And why do you have to pay for the video? Initially Pan Pac wanted to charge me for the LCD but i bargained so hard before they agreed to give it to me FOC.

Can give me some tips on that montage presentation?

Thanks and sleep well!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Cast,

We could help you upload the file in the forum but we do not know if we are allowed to do that since the script belongs to Pan Pacific.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

sue

Hi, Cast.

Aiyoh, too complicated to suggest the lighting, it's best if you choose it yourself. There're three basic colours - pink, blue and yellow and they can be combined for whichever part of the dinner you want. To be honest, I really can't remeber what I used!
happy.gif

I can't really remember about the table linen too, but because my general colour theme (not just for the table linen, but for my flowers) was cream, I think I tried to choose a colour close to that, and a copper-y colour to offset it. I do remember looking at the colour samples that Wai Leng showed me and feeling quite overwhelmed because I didn't know I could choose them in the first place!
happy.gif

Sorry, not much help...

C

cast

Hi all,

I'm back. Sorrie for not 'visiting' SB, was moving my house, so pardonable rite.
wink.gif

Why stop this tread? Continue leh.

Hi Whiterose,
Actually, I'm a renovation contractor and since its 7th mth, usually theres no sales and so I gave myself a big break, and thats why I can sleep late. envy rite? hehheee jj.

Hi corica,
The montage I'm talking abt is something with 3D effect and it comes in the form of a vcd or vhs but unfortunately, you'll have to pay for it. The cost is somewhere from $250 - $450, depending on what you require. If you are interested, maybe I can intro you one, he can explain better, just let me know.

My video presentation might be coming in the form of a vhs, meaning I'll need a video player connected to the projector, but sadly, I was told that the LCD belongs to PP wherese the video player does not and so its chargable.

Hi Sue,
Thanks anyway.
Are your pictures ready? Can I have a look at your exclusive pictures?

and yup! corica, whiterose, tnp, Jeseric
I've sent the scripts out.

whiterose

Hi Cast

I have received the Emcee Script. Thank you for taking the trouble to send it to us. Find that every wedding dinner Emcee Script is almost the same, quite boring lei. Wonder is there any different one.

Oh, Cast, you're a renovation contrator, wow,so like that you can save alot in your house renovation har.............so envy.

Anyway, cast, have you got yourself a Emcee already or are you using Pan pacific Emcee. I was told that they actually has someone who can help out as an Emcee. No charges, just need to give her or him an Ang Poa.

WHiterose

corica

Hi Cast

Thanks, i received the script too. A bit conventional, like what you said. But at least, we have a guide to work on. Thanks!

I don't think i'll spend the money for the montage. Not necessary. But thanks for the info though.

Wow, a female contractor? How impressive. So your hse must be really nice right?

C

cast

Hi all,

The emcee scripts really obiang rite! Definately got to rephrase it. Thankfully, I've asked my galfriend to be my emcee, and she happens to be an event co-ordinator, so most prob she'll be helping me get scripts from other hotels to guide and repharse.
Anyone here has better version, must share allright.

No lah, my house not very nice lah. I did not do much to ny house. My house very simple simple design only. Maybe I've seem so many units and so very xian already lor. But, well, I really did save quite a sum. Actually, I've bought a resale unit and the previous owner left me the wall tiles, floor tiles, cornice at living hall and kitchen cabinet. I kept the wall tiles, overlay the floor tiles with laminates, added downlights to the cornice, but I did hack away and redo the whole kitchen. Everything cost price! Maybe got chance, can share some pictures here.

Hi Whiterose,
Are you sure PP has an emcee? Never hear WL mention.

Hi corica,
Well, since you have someone so nice who volunteer to do the powerpoint slides for you, why not! With an added touch of love, I'm sure it will turn out wonderful too.
Anyway, I am not doing the montage thing anymore. Hubby suggest to get a videographer, tape our daytime happenings (gate crashing, tea ceremony at both side, outdoor shoots), edit, and play after the march-in. That way, people can enjoy the hour "show" while eating. And it will definately be something more memorable.

*anyway did I spell 'definately' correctly? Can't seems to recall this word.
wink.gif

corica

Hi Cast

Yeah, it would be great if you can share some of your house picts with us since i'm sure most of us here also would like an idea how to do up our house. So where did you buy your resale and how much did you pay for it?

Yeah, i really appreciate the help rendered by my friend. I agree that it's a good idea to show the video of what happened in the day to all those who attend the dinner. Cos it's more personal and also, most people like to watch how the whole day went. Now this gives me a good idea.

About using the Emcee by PP. I don't think it's a good idea. Although it's free, but i always see those Emcees provided by hotels are very horrible i.e. can't speak proper english, very artificial when they speak etc. I'd rather use a friend who knows both the couples. At least she can crack some jokes or say something relevant.

whiterose

Hi Cast

I was told by my coordinator that they have someone who work in PP who help out as an Emcee for wedding dinner. They can arrange for that if we want but as what corica say, I am also worry that the Emcee can't speak well or like those "O Biang' type one...............I might consider looking for friend but don't have anyone in mind.

WHiterose

C

cast

Hi gals,

Sorrie my surfer was down for the past days.

I've checked with WL, she'll be giving the tealights but I have to buy my own tall candles, any suggestion where to get nice and cheap ones.

By the way, I'll be having my food tasting tomorrow, will let you gals know my comments.

Hi Corica,
My house too messy now leh, after I clear up and doll up my place ok. Wanna share yours first? I bought a 4A unit(103sqft) at Serangoon Ave 1. The valuation was $276,000 but I got it below valuation at $272,000. Still very 'xiong', cos we paid in cash, both hubby and I got no cpf. What about you, you got yours all am waiting for it?

As for the video, take note though if you want to do it 'my' way, you have to plan your programme cos when doing the table to table photo-taking, you can't play the video due to brightness.

Agree with you too, thats why I'm using my own emcee.

Hi Whiterose,
I think for the emcee,its better to find a close friend, more personal touch, and you know which friend speak well, so no worries. Anot you can consider me, $100/hr! heheee
crazy.gif

Hi Claris & ultragerms,
The emcee scripts should be on the way.........

corica

Hi Cast

How come Pan Pac not providing you tall candles? Anyway, you can purchase tall candles from Ikea. It's quite cheap and they sell in bulk too.

So how did your food tasting go? Was the food up to standard or was it lousy? Pls share with us your experience. By the way, what is your menu?

My FH and myself already purchase our flat - The Eden EC at Tampines but it will only TOP in 2003. So i don't have any photos for u to see yet.

I think u paid quite a good price for your unit. My unit is very small - 1012sq ft only, and we paid $425K+ for it so also very xiong!

C

cast

Hi Corica,

For the tall candles, dunnoe leh, its like you want tealights then no tall candles and vice versa.

I just went for my food tasting, dun like the table settings and miserable small floral centerpiece, dunnoe if thats the actual decor?
As for the food.......

#-bad ##-average ###-good ####-better #####-best

Jasmine Cold Combination: good but all roasted and fried. 'cold'??(####)

Sauteed Japanese dried scallops with broccoli in brown sauce: very fishy cos of 'unfresh' dried scallop, will be changing this dish, thumbs down.(#)

Sauteed Live prawns in 'Szechuan' style: abit hot but very nice, big too but each got 2 pieces only(#####)

Braised Shark's fin with crabmeat and shredded chicken: too watery as in not starchy, will be taking away the chicken.(##)

Crispy Roast Chicken: crispy skin, tender meat.(#####)

Steamed Garoupa with black soya bean and orange peel: some like it, some dun, as for me, I find the fish fresh but I dun like the sauce(###)

Fried Pork ribs with Special Sauce: not bad, each person get 3 pieces meaning portion quite big(####)

Braised eefu noodles with mushroom & chives: was being served fried rice instead, very very bland(#)

Cream of red bean with lotus seeds and lily buds: the older ones like it but the younger dun, will be changing it to something like cheng-teng (##)

1012sq ft and you still use the term 'only'?? Wow! if only I can afford...........envy envy.

Heard that its not just the unit price alone, after that you still have to pay alot of other fee and charges, is that true? Wouldn't that add on to the burden? Sorrie ah, has been staying in hdb apartment all my life, so not too such.

So where are you residing at currently?

corica

Hi Cast

Thanks for the update on your food tasting. Seems like menu is quite similar to yours. So overall, i shld say that your food review is average? or good? It also seems like the portion is pretty small. I actually did bring this up before to my coordinator cos a friend actually warned me that their dishes are very small. And my coordinator said not to worry, they will give extra. Don't know if they will actually do that.

Anyway, I actually switched quite a few dishes as below:

1)brocolli to spinich
2)sweeet and sour prawns to the baked live prawns in wine
3)fried rice to e-fu noodles
4)fried pork ribs to prawn paste ball(something like ngoh hiang)

I think you don't need to worry about the table setting cos the one you saw was probably the restaurant's normal setting. The wedding decor should be nicer.

I think you shld also try to bargain for them to provide you with both the tall candles and tea light candles. I'm sure it won't cost them much to give you those extra.

Yeah, there are extra fees when purchasing an EC i.e. like lawyer's fee, stamp duty, and ongoing maintenance fee for all the facilities in the EC.
I'm currently residing near Chinatown.

FH and myself initially applied for Punggol but decided to buy the EC instead bcos Punggol is really out of the way and inconvenient as there's not much facilities around.

By the way, have you collected your gown yet? What is the design like? Like to show me some pictures? I'm going for my gown design appt next mth and i need as much idea as possible.

clover

Cast, thanks for the update. I am actually trying to nail down the menu and your comments are very helpful. As the quote is with my BF now may I know if your menu (assuming weekend) is the $818 or $768? Do you think there is a noticeable diff in menus of various price range? Corica, have heard your opinion already
happy.gif

BTW, saw your earlier comment that the bridal suite is huge - is it the junior suite that you saw? wonder if a bridal suite is a bridal suite is a bridal suite if you know what i mean
lame.gif

C

cast

Hi all,

Sorrie for my late reply.I'm really busy nowadays.

Hi Corica,
For the general rating, I'll say, for a hotel, PanPac food is quite good, but compared to others, it is only average. As for the portion, I find it quite ok, we actually left feeling quite full (without finishing the fried rice).

I'll try to download some pic if possible.

Hi clover,
Mine is a weekday menu, thus' only $618. Weekend menu I not too sure leh, so sorrie huh.

Yeah, the suite I saw is really huge. Actually, the bridal suite is the executive suite and theres no special decor so no extra romantic feel. A bridal suite is a huge suite!
wink.gif

Anyway gals,
I won't be coming in untill after my wedding. But I'll sure keep you lots updated okay. Dun miss me too much. heeheeeeee
crazy.gif

bridetobe

Hi Everyone:

I am definitely relieved to hear that we have so many Pan Pan brides...so I didn't make a bad chocie afterall...(I have to choose between Goodwood and Pan Pan)

Can anyone email me an emcee script? my email is [email protected]

Does anyone know of any good videographer?
I am currently living in States and I am depending on my parents and friends to plan the wedding...

mint

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for quite sometime but too shy to participate cos nothing much to contribute. Anyway, now I have a question: how can I contact the wedding co-ordinator for Pan pac? I think the email address at the directory is outdated. My enquiry got bounced back. An email address would help very much. tks.

corica

Hi Mint

Don't feel shy lah. Anyway we don't know each other personally and i think this is the best place to exchange information w/o getting too embarassed right?

Anyway, my coordinator at Pan Pac is Candy Phua. She's the catering manager. You can email her at [email protected] or call her at 4348248.

All the best!

happi

Hi to all of you,

I've seen the pic of the ballroom and love the candle concept! Thinking of booking PP end of 2002. Just wondering if anyone here can provide me with the nett price per table for both wkday and wkend? Also, may I ask if PP allow DF liquor? Or if they do not allow, is it possible to negotiate for them to close one eye?

Thanks in advance for any help extended to me...
Have a nice day!!
happy.gif

mint

Hi corica

Thanks for the tip. I'll be attending the bridal show at Pan Pac on the 19th Oct. I got a reply from Pan pac regarding their wedding packages. So now it's on my consider list. Thank you.

happi

Hello Mint,

Do you mind sharing the wedding packages with me. It is not stated in their website and I do not wish to call them first as I would like to gather more information first.....very kiasu hor...

Also, how do you register for the bridal show? How much per couple and which bridal shop was that?

very pai seh to bombard you with all these questions....

Best Regards,
Happi
happy.gif

corica

Hi Happi

Below are the prices for June 02 - Dec 02.

Weekday Package is at:
(Jasmine) $638+++ per table of 10.

Weekend Package is at:
(Tulip) $738+++ per table of 10 or
(Freesia) $788+++ per table of 10 or
(Iris) $838+++ per table of 10

Nope, Pan Pac is very strict about bringing in liquor. Only Paid duty liquor is allowed. I asked them before and they mentioned that their captain on duty that day will be on his feet to ensure that no one brings in duty free liquor. Some other hotels can close one eye.

Hope this helps!

happi

Hi Corica,

Thanks alot for the info. It definitely helps!!
happy.gif

The price is a bit on the high side....hmmm.. maybe I will consider the wkday package although I really hope to have it on a wkend. More convenient for guests.

Anyway, have to discuss with BF first....

Have a good wkend!