Pan Pacific Singapore

miao_miao

Hi Dora,
Glad that u sign up with PanPac.....
Mi too... sign up wif Delia......
SHe is really a nice lady and very accomodative lor.....

dora

Hi Elis

So when is your wedding? Have you signed up yet?

Hi Miao Miao

Yah, I'd also like to know what other perks did you manage to get?

Just want to check with others who are married. How long before the actual day do we have to contact the bridal/ select gown etc? We actually booked the bridal package at a fair way before we decided to get married, a bit siao right? But I fell in love with the photos straight away and I thought the price was quite reasonable, so paid a deposit. A bit of a rash decision, hope I don't regret later!

elis

dora - goodness! thats what happens to me too! we just chance upon this bridal place and i like their photos sooo much that i signed up! and that was way before we decide to get married...hahahah....sounds familiar..

think gotta give bridal place advance notice of about 8 or 9 mths...safest...cos i called th bridal shop up and they ask me to go choose gown everything in Oct. End Dec or early Jan can do photoshoot. wedding in June only...aiyoh! like abit kia su huh?

dora

Hi Elis

Hahaha!! Glad to know that I'm not the only one! Think I'll settle the flat 1st. Reno starts today. Have been going around getting furniture, lights etc, hoping to save more during the GSS. Want to save money mah.... Maybe I'll call them up in sept
happy.gif

So have you signed up with pp? I'm going down later this week. Thought of asking delia for more stuff, like projector. Or maybe a piano at the cocktail area, I can get my own friends to play on the piano. Don't know if anyone had ever asked for such a request :p

elis

dora - any updates on hotel?

i already signed up. deposit also paid
happy.gif
i am thinking of getting a a string group to play at the cocktail area
happy.gif
playing piano is cool too....

just try ask delia for it lor :p

dora

Hi Elis

Me signed last week also. But she a bit blur leh... got my FH's name wrong on the contract. But we paid the deposit and she resent the contract. we'll sign and mail it back to her. Asked her for the projector, but she says theirs is quite old already, don't know if it'll still be working by next year (sounds a bit strange to me). But she says we can have it FOC if it's still working.

Didn't ask about the piano. FH say I bo liao, they got to have a piano mover to move it which is additional cost. He rather we bargain for something else. Aiyah, man are just so unromantic...sigh...
sad.gif

So at least we've got all the big items settled. Banquet, reno, bridal. Nothing else major that I've missed out??

elis

dora - your bridal package includes actual day photography??? if not, then gotta hunt for it. i think mine doesn't include. thus, now looking at some photographers' works and price. and wow....i realised most of them are ex! nick goh/hilarion goh needs a good 1.5-1.8K for actual day...

hey, at least your hubby is thinking about the best deal that he can get from the hotel! shows that he cares...my hubby just say 'ok! do anything you want. so long as you are happy"...wow, sometimes i wonder if he bothers...

anyways, when is your wedding?

dora

Hi Elis

My bridal doesn't incl actual day. Had a peek at some of the links from this website. They're ex!! We've already stretched our budget for pan pac. Not enough budget liao.... I've a collegue who is a very good photographer who has experience taking photos for other friend's wedding. Think we'll ask him for help.

Yah right, he cares cos is related to $$$ mah. Aiyah, but from day 1 I already know he's not the romantic type, but the practical kind. but girls being girls still like to be romantic what
happy.gif
I think your hubby bothers lah... he just want you to be happy mah. At least your hubby lets you to have your own way, so that's good!

My wedding is May 04, yours is jun right?

D

dk

Hi DOra & Elis,
Sorry to be MIA cos been busy with work & preparations.

My PS is in late Aug so rather busy lor.
How about U ladies?
Which bridal?

elis

dora-yah most of the photographers here rather ex. think i will settle for smtg not that ex too...yes, mine is in june04.

dk-photoshoot soon! wow, you must be real excited. remember get more sleep, drink plenty water and go facial and spa so that you will be in tip top condition for photoshoot!

twinkle

hi all,

me new to this thread. I am interested in wedding packages from Pan Pac too, but also find their price abit out of my budget.

Hi Dora,

read from here that you signed up with Pan Pac? They repackage the package for you so that its cheaper? Can i know which package you took up? How did they manage to reprice the package for you? I like their grand ballroom very much! So would really love to hold my wedding there
happy.gif

lace

Hi ladies,

Can't help but need to share with you my experience with panpac too.

I had my wedding dinner at Panpac last month and my wedding co-ordinator was Delia too. Fully agree that she's very nice and accomodating cos I've learnt from this thread about the less than pleasant experiences some had with other panpac coordinators. I took the candlelight theme, with gerbera flowers (combination of orange/yellow for VIP tables, combination of red/pink for the other tables). Ballroom just looked wonderful! Although we had initially requested for the dry ice effect for march in, panpac did the extra by providing us with petal showers too. The food was excellent, according to feedback from guests and from our foodtasting session. Service was commendable as well. Although there was already an event manager assigned to us for that evening, Delia still came to serve us and check our needs personally that day. In addition, the service staff for the dinner are all full-time and experienced staff. I only realised this when we were checking out of the hotel and the guest relation officer who was servicing us chatted with me about our dinner. It turned out that she was helping to serve at one of the tables and us that fulltime staff were deployed for the dinner. We are really completely satisfied and extremely happy with our wedding experience at Panpac!

Rest assured u are in good hands!

elis

lace-thanx for the feedback.
whats petal shower?? meaning they provide you with the flower petals for your guests to shower you with??? dry ice seems nice...

also, wat colour lights did you choose to use??? how many tables have you had?? do you find the floral arrangements abit on the sparse side?? did you top up on own acct?

lace

hi elis,

Yes. for petal shower, panpac prepares some rose petals for tables by the march-in aisle and frens and relatives would throw them on us as we walk past. Initially, Delia told us to choose which one we prefer: petals or dry ice, & we told her we want the dry ice. But in the end, we had both.
happy.gif

Didn't really specify the colour lights. Left it to panpac to decide, based on the colours I took for the table decorations and flowers. I had 35 tables in all, using Pacific Ballroom 2 &3.

Flower arrangements are fine, don't find them sparse. If i remember correctly, for the candlelight theme we chose, there were 2 flower stands on the stage and quite a couple along the aisle and of course plus the flowers arrangement on each table. Think if u chose the garden theme, they'll put more flowers and plants in..

Top up on own acct? U mean for the decorations, flower? No, it's all inclusive in the contract package.

dora

Hi Elis

Sorry I MIA for a while. Very busy with reno, running around. My bridal is Fame at Yishun. But haven't in contact with them since I signed up during a wedding fair at the beginning of the year. Think I'll contact them only after I settle my reno (cos I seriously think I can lose some weight with these running around
happy.gif
)

Hi laces, congrats!! Glad to know that your wedding was a success!

Hi twinkle

Actually all you need to do is to tell them that you have a budget then see what they can do for you. Mine is a weekend package (can't remember what's the name, the $738+++ one). They can take out some perks in the package to give you a better the price. I sacrificed my annivesary stay at the deluxe suite. Why don't you fix an appt with them? If you don't have contact, I can recommend delia to you. She's really nice. You can leave your e-mail here and I can give you the details. Don't worry, they are about the most flexible hotels that I've encountered.
happy.gif

E

ex-panpac bride

When i had my wedding last yr at PP, i also told them i had a budget and my Sales coordinator managed to work out a package for me. Basically she offered me the weekday package at $20 more per table but she never deducted any other perks so i still enjoy all the free gifts and extras. I really love the setup. For me i chose candlelight and garden theme so it was very nice (what my guests said). Hope u ladies enjoy your big day at PP i'm sure u won't regret.

lena

Hihi...

Ex-panpac bride..who did u liase with? can provide me with the contact...

Let me know...thanks
happy.gif

twinkle

Hi Dora & ex-panpac bride,

Thanks for the advise, actually I have my own contacts, but just that abit worried by looking at their initial package, if they could customise to my budget, that will be great ! Guess I will talk to them again. Thanks !

E

ex-panpac bride

Hi Lena

My coordinator was Candy but she has since been transferred to another department and then after my contract was handled by Caroline. But i negotiated my budget with Candy not Caroline. I suppose all other coordinators are also able to do that for u, not necessarily mine.

E

elva

Hi everyone, anyone of you placed the deposit with pan-pac. How much did you actually deposit :D

M

m & n

Anybody can tell me the difference between Pacific ballroom and Ocean Ballroom? I have not gone to the ballroom to take a look, but maybe considering next week if have the time.

yvonne

Hi M&N,

The diff between these 2 ballrooms is not much... jus the ceiling height, ceiling light (Pacific Ballroom got 8 diff lighting effect), area, stage layout...

E

elva

Pac room has different color lightings (blue etc), and it looks good with the high celing. while ocean room only got one standard color, can only dim or brighten the lights. But Ocean is cheaper than pacific for its package.

miumiu

hi gals...

i'm interested to have my wedding at panpac...

can you tell me roughly the price per table for candle light theme??

Hows their food & serving size?

dora

Hi MiuMiu

The weekend rate starts from $738+++ per table. There's no difference in pricing for the 3 different themes. I think its better to talk to them personally cos they are quite flexible and can actually throw in other stuff not in the standard package. If you need the contact, I can recommend my co-ordinator to you. She's very nice. Leave me your e-mail.
My wedding is May04, so can't comment on the food, but my collegue just went for a wedding last month and he said the food was fantastic, and he is quite a picky person....

pls

HI

anyone have their wedding at Ocean room? Care to share how is it urgently as m considering. Thanks.

D

dk

Hi everone,
I'm having my wedding in Nov2003...but till now the banquet co-ordinators have not called me on any praparation details yet.
Is it still early? What will i be expecting? will they called me or should i be calling them?

Can anyone advise?

upset

Hi,

For those who got their package at PP, what was the best deal you have regarding cockage for WINE?
I spoke with a banquet co-ordinator for PP and she said she couldn't remove the wedding anniversary stay to lower the price. Why the difference?

dora

Hi Upset

I've e-mailed you the details already. Don't be upset. how many tables do you have? the difference may be bcos I have 40 tables and its a weekend package. Anyway, try calling delia and see if she can work out something for you?

J

joyce lim

Hi Dora
Could you pls mail me ur PP package details? Thanks. The Pac. Ballrm is nice but very X. Ard 850nett for wkend. But i'll still like to explore.... Thanks.

Has anyone held their wedding in the Ocean Ballrms before?

i'm at [email protected].

mamamia

Anyone tried negotiating for use of duty-free hard liquor at Pan Pac? I asked but they say cannot, anyways to make them close 1 eye??

T

twinkle twinkle

Hi all, heard that some of you commenting on a coordinator named Juliana saying she's boh chap, may I know which Juliana you talking about?? There is 2 Juliana now, Juliana Tan and Juliana Tay. I will be meeting one of the Juliana and would like to know who's the boh chap one. Thanx
happy.gif

cubby

hi mamamia,
i think its posible to bring duty free one. they can close one eye. u have to be firm w ur oordinator
happy.gif

hi twinkle,
i met juliana tan, the manager, she is okie to talk w but somehow not v helpful.....

dora

Hi Joyce

Replied you liao

Hi cubby and mamamia

Its against the law to serve duty free liquor, heavy penalty, so don't know if they are willing to take the risk or not....

september

hey gals,

while u gals were posting here abt allowing duty free liquor during dinner... u might be putting the hotel at RISK.. at risk of kana check by the gov. ah....very senitive issue...

would it be better PM each other on this? :p

sorri that i KPO hor... hehe

mookie

Hi Yvonne, there's a promo for Ocean Ballroom at $638 nett for both weekdays and weekends (8 course menu). In addition to the standard package, it includes complimentary free flow of beer. Sounds like a very good deal and caught my attention. I haven't seen the ocean room so I'm wondering whether it still looks impressive with the lower ceiling.
If I am considering between 22 - 28 tables, can I still ask for the Pacific Ballrm?

maki

mookie,

You would need at least 35 tables for Pacific ballroom for weekends. Not so sure for weekdays.

dora

Hi mookie

Are you serious?? $638nett with free flow of beer? That's really a world apart. Do you have the details of the package? I've booked with Pan Pac for May 04, 40 tables for pacific Ballrm. I know the capacity for ocean ballroom is 38, but I'm willing to reduce the number of tables and take a different ballroom if the price is really a world of difference, now with the recession. Don't know if can re-negotiate or not. Feel a bit cheated now.
angry.gif

Mookie
If you don't mind, can you e-mail me the details at [email protected]

Thanks

cubby

hi moonkie,

yes if wan the whole ballrm to yourself, u need to have at least 35 tables. otheriwse u risk having to share the ballrm w another couple which is not so nice cos there is only one entrance to the ballrm.
the ocean ballrm's lightings are not so nice as compared to pacific. it look like normal boardrm lightings.

ew22

Hi future panpac brides, I will be negoitating the contract with the hotel soon. could you please let me know the details / perks that PP gives so that I would know what are the things to ask for. Thanks in adv. Regards.

blueblue

Hi mookie,

u sure - Ocean Ballroom at $638 nett for both weekdays and weekends !!

where did u get to know this promo package ??

If you don't mind, can you e-mail me the details at [email protected]

thanks