Oven

gracelourdes

although i do favor getting a brandt FP867 oven, in the end i bought the electrolux oven EOC67000X mentioned above. Btw, it's a 4 door layer oven as well as a pyrolytic oven as well as all 10 oven functions...originally selling at S$3.9k but nw going for only S$1,299..indeed a good steal...

bleuskies

hi, I finally put deposit for FP867. price at 1680.

now the next thing, microwave oven.

can I just use oven to heat stuff and skip the microwave ? cos lack of space.

trinkie22

Hi, I am a newbie to oven cooking. I doubt I'll be using the oven extensively. Would a combination microwave oven fit my needs? I'd like to do simple baking n cooking. Pls advise!
happy.gif

yeo_peiling

Just my 2 cents worth of advice - do not get any Mayer's products, eg Ariston / Idesit oven. Their items are over price, the products are made to be short life span (my $1000+ oven got overheated in 6 months! - do you belive that?!), and Mayer has the worst customer service that I have ever encountered!

You may refer to the thread on Ariston & Indesit applicances by Mayer Mktg, for my experience with Mayer and their products.

beam

Hello everyone! Thanks to the many contributors, I've learned a lot here.
happy.gif

So is De Dietrich only available at Rina (Electrical)? Looks like they only have 3 models available right now: DOC710X, DOP750X, DOP795X. I'm considering the 2 DOPs.

ridhwan82

If im not wrong there is a few more but yeah the main one is Rina Electrical.

They have exclusive distributor channels not in common stores.

Well yeah the DOPs are definitely good.. just have to mind the price lah.

Not sure if they will be bringing new models soon. Cos i believe its overdue for a change of series.,

beam

Thanks ridz. Pity Rina doesn't give discount, wish they sell it at Tangs. Ha! Very tempting to wait for new models, but new models probably mean higher price... mmm... hopefully new ones will come out within next 2 months and then the current models go on sale. :D I'm a dreamer.

cutehoneydew

Hi Celestia, ridz & twt

Very interesting reading all yr comments. Fr dun know what to choose, what to buy, I seems like know what are the most important criteria to look into it in choosing a GD long-term use of an oven. Thx a lot for all yr efforts in highlighting the main pts for us to take into considerations when making a decision in choosing a GD oven.

However, those threads I read were up to Nov 16, 2009.
Any latest news on GD oven to recommend with a budget of $2k (max) that allowing baking cakes, buns, pizza or roast chickens/meats ?

cutehoneydew

Hi Celestia, ridz & twt
I've learnt cooking & baking for d past 1yr. Bought kitchenAid mixer & also U-Like Electric Roaster fr CK Tang. However, many cakes nowadays bake in either 2 or 3 trays (1" height) instd of just bake in 9"x9"x3" and slices into 3 layers. So, this "wok with ring kind of convection oven" though very GD in baking d tarts ie 12mins for pineapple tarts but realised not so convenience if for heavy use & also doesn't get what I really wanted (same brown coloured).

Now I am deciding buying an oven too but after reading all the above treats, still didn't get a full picture of which 1 is d BEST when comes to final brand of bosch vs brandt. Can we gave a budget of max $1.5 - $2k in deciding which 1 is d MOST suitable 1 for a housewife to own an oven
happy.gif

So far, I only know Brandt FP867 abt $1680 (last Nov), Brandt FP667 & brandt 229 ($1460).

Celestia did agreed with Michael Teo that I bosch oven quality is better than Brandt but hav not seen any specific model highlighted here.

After tried the Yan's Cakes esp their Butter Swiss Roll cake that simply simple yet moisture & delicious, I told myself I shd've bought a GD & PROPER oven so that I can bake such a delicious cake for my 2 lovely girls .....

Wd gladly appreciated with yr views & advices. Thx

cutehoneydew

Hi Celestia, ridz & twt
I went down to IMM take a look at Brandt but the salesman told me only FP867 is Pyrolitic Oven & selling at $1899 (too hi rate compared with others that can get aroud $1650.

Read thro' past threads, it was hightlighted that besides FP867, FP667 & FE229 also Pyro ovens, right ? If that so, which 1 is d BEST of all in terms of baking cakes, pau, bun, bread, grilling, pizza, roast chicken, baked rice, etc ?

I understand that HDB support 13amp & Pyro cleaning needs up to 500 degree to burn of oil. Hence, will that means it will hit 16amp for Pyro Brandt ovens with 15/16amp ?

FP667 does not come with Fan Assisted Grill & Rotissorie. Is that important to us ?

lisssssy

hey guys.

i went to this cooking workshop the other day at liang court.

the chef was using this turbo built in oven and im interested to get the model used.

do you guys have any recommendations for their ovens?

honger

hmm. for turbo products i think it's affordable and worth the price.

my family is using their cooking hob/hood for years and it has been serving them well.

not sure about the oven tho.

lisssssy

i have looked around lately and i guess i'll be getting the turbo oven soon.

its affordable and also easy to use. i guess with a simple oven you can do wonders. provided if you know how to use it.
happy.gif

honger

hmm. i just realised the tabletop oven i have at home is by turbo as well.

for the tabletop oven, i think it can be considered good for its price especially when it comes with the functions of the normal oven. just that there's a capacity for the amount of things throw inside.

honger

hmm. the good thing about this turbo oven is that you can select upper and lower heating whereby some of the ovens you see in the market only has one. especially the cheaper ones.

lisssssy

thanks. i got the turbo oven during the weekends.

didn't want to wait already, the longer i wait, the more i will think about it.

so i just got it since it was on my mind. hopefully it's as good as how the teacher says it is.
happy.gif

honger

yes dear. hopefully the turbo oven is as good as what the teacher says.

do share about your experiences with using that.
happy.gif

lisssssy

the big oven i got from turbo works perfectly fine. just managed to bake a series of cupcakes which tastes delicious. :D

and together with my small oven for my baked pasta, i'm turning to a baking addict.

so happy with baking these days, i think i may have start selling my cupcakes because everyone who tried it loves them.

anyone wanna order from me? hehehe.
happy.gif

ednamode

hello.. anyone got further review on Brandt FP867?
i just book brandt oven 842 and now thinking of upgrading it since FP867 got 'cool' panels and sales guy told me that its better to get FP867 since it will be house under lower cabinet.. any review/comments?

i am more wondering about the panels.. is it really cool to touch??? will the difference of 400bucks between the 2 model be worth while to get FP867?

mightymouse88

Hi, I read your posts with interest as I am in the midst of getting a built in oven for my new place.

What's your advice on these 2 brands please?
1) Brandt FP867XS1
2) Ariston OS 99 DPIX

Both are pyrolytic ovens which we like cos we are really afraid of the laborious cleaning after each usage. Brandt boasts of keeping the exterior temp at 45degress, preventing some really nasty burns while Ariston boasts of a triple glazed glass door. Both ovens are closely priced although the capacity of Ariston is bigger (70ltrs vs Brandt's 52ltrs). We see ourselves using the oven more for baking of cakes, pastries, pizzas and grilling of poultry.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

happily13

I have a few baking gadgets that don't really need oven to bake. Breadmaker, cupcaker maker, pie maker and doughnut maker. They are very convienent and easy to use!

Email to me if you are interested - [email protected]

yanting

Hi all!
I'm planning for my new hme reno nw n doing my hmework for oven, gas stove n hood.
I bake v regularly so hope to get a reasonably gd n lasting oven, but my budget is really tight, nt more than $800
sad.gif
I've been using my mum's la germania at hme for as long as I could rem, n I'm happy with it even though it doesn't have any of the pre-programmed cooking functions n self-cleaning mechanism. Any reliable brands to recommend?
Another thing that I'm undecided is whether to get a build-in oven or those that come with the gas stove. Cos my mum raised a concern that with my regular baking, will the kitchen cabinet spoil more easily due to the high heat? N I also worry if my kitchen cabinet outlive my oven, I might have difficulty finding another oven of the exact same size to fit into the cavity.. Wat do u all think?

linadeacon

Hello all,
I wonder and wonder to those who mentioned abt the brands make. I learn otherwise...
Electrolux is a swedish brand,
GG, Bosh is german brand
Brandt is French
Teka is from Singapore

Anyways, I have a bosch oven used for 10 yrs!. Im a heavy usage for the oven esp for my cake business. If you are looking for mid range, this should be top of your list. Its just a reliable oven with even heating distributions, the built is also not bad and cheapo/flimsy.In my new house I plan to buy bosch again, but also decided to spoi l myself and go for miele. Good luck to all.

Cake&Cookies

Hi
Any comments on EF ovens? I am upgrading from a low end table top to a build in oven so my budget is only around $600. I saw an EF model BO AE 7703-AR which has a 67 capacity & multiple settings & fits my budget. It is made in Turkey compared to the other EF models which are made in China.
Are there other better brands in that price range? I bake cupcakes, sponge cakes, cookies & roast poultry with the oven.

Jocelyntan98

Cornell is reasonally priced and i think that's the key factor on why i keep buying their products. As for the convention oven, i have been using for quite some time already and so far it has been functioning well.

Cake&Cookies

Hi Jocelyn,
Thanks for your recommendation. Does Cornelly have build in ovens too? I do think I see it b4. Do you have any model to recommend?

Jocelyntan98

Went into a mini making frenzy the other day with my sister. We decided to gather at my mum's and started baking with the cornell tabletop oven. the capacity was just nice that we managed to make batches of brownies and cookies. most satisfied with the brownies.

lovebabysofie

hi all, i am also looking for oven or microwave or if possible just either one(due to budget). i usually use microwave to heat up my food and oven for baking(of cos... i doubt we will use them often). anyone having the same dilemma as me and any advise on getting which one or both and also what model that is more budget friendly and for basic usage? thks!

fanfun12

anyone uses Teka oven? I am considering between Miele, Teka and Fisher and Paykel. Any comments please share! Thanks!

Jocelyntan98

How about Cornell CEO-E331BL? They are having a promotion now, going at around $150+. Very reasonable and my family has been using it for almost one year, and it works for us very well

Tammy1907

Cornell Warehouse Sale to enjoy up to 90% off retail prices! Prices for display sets will start from as low as S$5 onwards.

A wide array of products such as baby belling oven, air cooler, microwaves, water heater, iron, 43L Electric Oven, 28L Rice Cooker, Table Top Grill, Pan Grill, Stand Mixer etc. will be on sale. There is definitely one to cater to your household needs!

Details:
• Venue: Thye Hong Centre 2 Leng Keng Road Level 6 (3 minutes away from Redhill MRT)
• Date: 4 to 5 June 2016 (Saturday and Sunday)
• Time: 11am – 6pm

Mary-ng

Is anyone using Bosch series 8 oven HBG633BS1J or HBG6753S1A and Brandt FC1042XS? How is it? The series 8 ovens look good but expensive, $2-3K plus. This Brandt model is 1K plus. Tempted to spend on the Bosch series 8 oven but cost is an important factor to consider...

Jocelyntan98

Hi Everyone! If you love baking and also Hello Kitty, you're in treat now!
Cornell is having their Mid-Autumn Festival Special!
Purchase a Stand Mixer at discounted price and get a Free Hello Kitty Kitchen Scale!
Check out Cornell Facebook for more info!

armani

jessicabraham

For good cooking, you should always have a good oven for better cooking. The oven plays a very important role in making good and quality food.