Novotel Clarke Quay

diorsnow

Thanks suika & Shugar
happy.gif

WHats the point of cutting a dummy cake?? Can we buy our own cake??

shugar

Dummy cake is just for you to pose and take picture with. You can opt to get a real one. But not very cheap leh. Initially I wanted to have a real one but checked with the bakery and its about $600+ for 3 tier leh. So i change my mind in the end. Hahhaha. :p
Plus some hotels charge for cake plating service so do check out with Jamie/Huiling 1st if you intend to get one. Not sure NCQ got this kinda charge anot.

suika

NiNi,

Of coz u can get ur own REAL CAKE.....but not gonna b cheap lor

552043.jpg

552044.jpg

If you wan see more can view from my multiply

diorsnow

Huh! Dont u all find it weird to "cut" a dummy cake? How to cut?? Y they dont have at least a REAL cake for us to cut in the middle at least?
sad.gif

ANyways, heard from my hubby's friend recently he went to attend a wedding at NCQ.. was shocked to hear him say the food sucks. He said almost every guests said the same thing.. The food is very inconsistent, cold & the fish is big but not fresh (cooked long time ago)

My food tasting was good, was impressed. But my this friend commented makes me very worried.
sad.gif

suika

NiNi,

my multiply ID is suika02

For most of us no 1 commented bad on the food yet ley.......could it b the dinner was delayed for too long? coz u nid to que the chief abt 20mins before the time u wana start the dinner......coz he nids the time to prepare the 1st dish etc...

diorsnow

Ya tats why i was shocked when i heard NCQ food no good, infact many guests felt that way my friend said.

I suspected the chef cooked the food too early.. Say if i wanna start at 8.20pm, he'll only start cooking at 8pm? < i dont think so lar..many chefs rather cook early n avoid any hiccups later on...
sad.gif

Unless the chef is Sam Leong, got high standard! :D

suika

NiNi,

The chief will check with ur hb on the Ad itself abt 8pm like that.....he will oni starts preparations upon ur que...so i think to be fair la....if it's been delayed we can't blame the chief oni mah

Mine started a little late as expected n the chief n all are trying their very best to delay the rest of the food in order to serve up the best dishes on our behalf....so I think if it's not delayed for too long they can still try n do something

My hb was actually a bit bit pissed off la coz they keep pushing my hb to start as he've already que the kitchen side liao...they no wana serve up poor quality food too.....but afterall, things turns out fine eventually

shugar

Hi NiNi,

Same here for us. They also keep reminding that we have to start soon so as not to affect the food quality.
In fact we had no negative feedback about the food at all. Some of my friends even said this is the best food they ever had for wedding dinner leh.
I think the time factor must have affected the food at the wedding you mentioned. If start late, there's really nothing the kitchen can do.
Heard from my friend tat recently in a Straits Times poll about best foods in Singapore, NCQ's yam basket was on the list.

shugar

As for the 'dummy' wedding cake, there is a slit in it for you to place the knife when you are photographed. This is a standard thing at all weddings. Think its more rare to have a whole real cake in fact.
Actually one of my friends did have a real cake served at her wedding, but she still 'cut' the dummy cake on the stage coz was told that a real cake may not last well under the spotlight on the stage too.

belleteo

Hi Ladies,

Have not been coming in for a week. Here is my update. Just went to meet Jamie last sat. everything went well. Choosen my wedding favor (coaster). A news for you all, now no more white backdrop liao, they have changed to pink including the celling design also pink. They return the supplier white cloth liao so only have pink. And they are actually looking into the backdrop so might have improvement as time goes by.

Getting more bz liao, left 2weeks....nervous.

suika

i think not worth the $$ to get real cake lor....so expensive

i think if i've got the money use it on live band better...at least ppl still remembers the band n singers

heehee....mi more practical la

thocat

Hey there!

Just want to ask you guys, are we allowed to have both crytal and flower theme? will jamie allowed that or there will be extra charges?

Anyone can comment on wedding dinner held at the function room. we only have ard 20 tables, so jamie say the ballroom is out.

Thank you

shugar

Hi kavitha

You can opt for crystal and flower theme.
I had a mix of both and chose champagne colored roses. They also have another option that is for red roses.
552440.jpg

I used the Cinnamon room for my wedding. Can email you the link to my multiply site. You can see some pics of the room. It'll fit 20 tables nicely.
happy.gif

samanlyt

Hi gals!!! Cant slp la, so c hows things here.

Shugar!...make me envy again. Kns. :p I tried to book accommodation in Baiyoke Sky at BKK today. Vomit blood. I swear I'm not gonna book accommodation online again. Rather go thru travel agencies for F&amp;E packages.

Hi Belle

Reali ah? So u think which one nicer? Pink or white? Hows everything? Done le mah? Can shake leg liao hor?

Hi Nini

The comments made by the friend of ur huby's sounds familiar, duno if its the same person. Think i saw a similar post online before. Exactly the same case. Thread i think kena remove liao. But if you look through previous posts, you will see many good comments abt the food.
happy.gif
And you've went for their food tasting aldy, so trust ur own taste k? *wink*

eemoo

Morning ladies!!!

Speaking abt the food, me booked a date with Jamie le. going for my food-tasting next Thurs. Will update you all about my experience.

Haiz...i think I'm the only bride who is late to do all the things.
sad.gif
late for the food-tasting, late to get all the things..heehee..me haven't even get the wrist corsages for my jiemeis yet..and my angpow box also haven't buy. haiz...and me getting fustrated lioa, cos hubby like bo-chap like that, so many things left for me to do and follow up..

eemoo

Vanilla,

the last time i went BKK, i booked the rooms thru Asiaroom. okay ley, quite a breeze actually. what happened? why vomit blood??
kao_confused.gif

rjwedding

Hi Shugar: wow, that's nice.. so we can opt for mix theme.. that's good... you going for your HM this week, so have a nice trip..

Hi Vanilla: saw ur post @ the Bangkok travel thread. know that u are going in Dec... i don't really trust those online booking site.. i rather pay more to give agency do all the job for me.. easier also.. i'm thinkin going in Dec too.. really like going to BKK, nice food n great shopping

think most of us have good comments abt the food @ncq.. shouldn't be a problem ar..

shugar

Morning all!

Vanilla,

Last time we went BKK we stayed at this hotel called Arnoma. Location not bad leh plus we got upgraded to a suite for free! :p We booked online directly with the hotel. Everything went ok leh. Before that we booked a room through Asiarooms... no room then deduct my $$!! So angry.. then take 2 weeks to return the amount to us.
sad.gif

Now we dun use those booking sites also. All our jap and hk accommodation for this trip all book online directly with the hotels.

R&amp;J, thanks!
happy.gif

May bring my laptop along so I'll post some holiday pics up at my multiply.
happy.gif

diva79

Belle >> i think the white cloth or pink cloth doesn't make any diff? personally i feel they way the hang it is a bit out of place...they should have it more folds , gathers instead of just "hanging" it there. but its my personal opinion. :p

eemoo>> u have got 1 month more...so no hurry. i do my AD stuffs still got family commitments to do. I PKL and hb only helped a bit but 95% of the stuffs i do. very disappointed with him as i supported him a lot in the past but cannot be said for now. but now i only concentrate on doing my stuffs.

Card Invitation>> gals how early do u intend to send out the cards? is 1.5 months too late???

eemoo

Shugar - you gg HM liao...*envy envy* furthermore, go Japan &amp; HK *envy envy envy* heehee..
happy.gif

but if you directly with the hotel, wldn't it be more expensive?

anyway, you enjoy your HM and take lots of pics for us to see okie?
bounce.gif

eemoo

divasan - same here, i feel like i'm doing 99% of the work. the only 1% he did was to ask his friends and get their address. the rest i will have to settle. on ya, must give him another 1%, cos he pay for everything.

for the cards, i haven't even send out mine, so if 1.5mths is late, then I'm super late.
proud.gif

me intending to send out all invites (friends and colleagues) later this week or early next week. but i have already asked them like 2 months before my AD to see if their able to attend.

shugar

Hi eemoo,

Coz we are going F&amp;E, compared getting through agent its about the same. So happen the hotel we want in tokyo, the agents dun seem to have. So in the end all reservations booked with hotels. Air tix i bought direct from cathay pacific coz they had an online promo. That's y we stop over at HK on the way back. :p good also.. hahaha

BTW, my montage is up on my Multiply.
happy.gif

diva79

eemoo>> thats so sweet of him to pay for everything. most couples dun do that..

for the invites, most of my close frens know about my wedding dates but not the rest. i think i better send them out soon..
sad.gif

belleteo

Hi Vanilla,

At first i find the white one looks nicer but after they dim the light i think the pink is better at least not so plain.
Is a slight improvement i would say.

diva79

Belle>> do u have any idea if the rose petals will be provided by the hotel? to scatter around the reception table or do we have to buy ourselves?

samanlyt

Hi gals

Thanks the advice! Me &amp; hubby lazy bums la, thus we hate to DIY things one. Rather let people do the planning, then we jus need to pay $ and go &amp; enjoy! Hehe.

Hi RJ/Shugar,

Me not reali familiar wif the hotels in BKK. Been there once, only stayed at Baiyoke Sky before. Going there in Dec is to attend my bro's wedding. Checked out asiarooms &amp; with Baiyoke Sky hotel itself, price beri steep ah...at $120 per nite. So tht can ask ard and c if there's any other suggestions from other forumers.

cheekybee

Hi vanilla...

So far my experience with asiarooms is quite ok for my trips to bkk/hongkong/macau....heehee..but it is best that you book about two weeks in advance of your travel date so that if the hotel is full at least you can get another one...i oso stayed in arnoma recently...not too bad location cos' i walked practically to most shopping malls...heheee...but since you hate to diy just pay the $$ and enjoy lah...hehe..
happy.gif

now i oso headache planning for our F &amp; E korea honeymoon...dunno if reach there got problems getting around ornot...language barrier lah...we just gotta trust our guts and go...hehe..

Hi shugar..wat songs you choose for march-in? Do you have two march-ins?

eemoo

hi divasan - becos his $$ is my $$ and my $$ is still my $$. heeehee
biggrin.gif
no lar, cos he earn more than me mah...but i did tell him that if he needs help, i can still fork out some lor.

Shugar, wow, good bargain there..it's the Cathay Pacific promo right? they always give a few nights stopover at HK. Good for you! now you can shop and shop and shop..
happy.gif

cheekybee, you F&amp;E korea ahh? for me, i don't dare cos of the language barrier.
sad.gif

belleteo

Hi Divasan,

Shd be provided by hotel, you might want to double confirm again.

Hey ladies, need little advice. As i mention before we are engaging a band to sing for us and cost us abt $1000+. The dinner will start at 8pm so me and hubby thinking they will settle their own dinner. But they just call up today to my hubby saying they will reach our hotel at 6pm, asking can we prepare dinner for them. After my hubby told me the first thing come into my mind is that....huh! so rude or thick skin ah dare ask for dinner when they already paid for 1000 over dollars.
What will u gals do if you were me or mybe you gals have another thinking to share or perhaps my misunderstanding. But i judt dont understd why cant they have their won dinner before that since dinner starting at 8pm and only then require them to sing.

samanlyt

Hi Belle

I think i mentioned before in my previous posts abt the dinner thingy. Apparently its compulsory to order dinner for them. They will rch at 6pm for rehearsals. Seriously, its how u view this whole thingy. For me, $40 additional is fine wif us,(not say i very rice la) since they are not having steak combo etc. Just hor fun &amp; fried rice. Cos I dun wan so be so fan abt this n tat, jus wan everyone to be happy and enjoy themselves. Since u aldy spend 1K on the band, so dinner provided ok for u ya? Sorie la, me a bit blunt. Dun get angry k?

Or either can get helpers to da bao frm outside, cheaper than room service.

eemoo

sorry, i got another question. may i know what is the color of the guest book that NCQ provides? i need to know the color of the pages inside.

diva79

Belle >> since they asked, i think u can let them know that there are many places to let them have dinner (mac) very close as you are too busy. i think its kinda of stupid to open a table for them just for their dinner...then this is extra cost which they should have made known upfront.
sad.gif

diorsnow

Hi lovely, lovely BTBS!

Thanks for your replies to me! Ya my hubby's friend comment made me very worried at first
sad.gif
Anyways i am quite positive of the restuarant standard la.
happy.gif

My wedding is only 5 weeks away.. ANd i have not buy my GDL, An Chuang stuffs, mattress (any recomendation for king koil?), a cupboard, GDL cakes, ANG POW BOXes (thinking of doing my own BUT my creatively/artwork sucks..) And lastly, havent even do my photo montage yet.. Tmr will be goin to distribute my wedding invitation cards.
happy.gif

so many things, so little time.. my hubby also leh.. I doin 99% of the work! How come guys r like this one..
sad.gif

xuer21

Hi Nini... haha guys are like this one... but in a way or another.. the "power" of wanting this and doing that in ur way is bigger le.. haha..

Oh ya.. girls..my fren who is getting married this dec is asking me where can she enlarge her wedding photos so as to replace the traditional guestbook... anyone knowwhere can enlarge???
Actually i was telling her by using wishing cards to let the guests write their wishings on it and then drop it into a box is also a gd idea.. any suggestions?

samanlyt

Hi NiNi

Its common! Hehehe. Most gals are more better in organizing and co-ordinating compared to guys. So cant blame them. Ask ur hubby do simpler things maybe. Like write invites, call RSVP etc.

Michelle

Enlarge into poster u mean? Something like this?

553103.jpg

Can enlarge at those photo shops, then get framing if ur fren wans.

samanlyt

I got it done wif my company's supplier who does print jobs. He charged me at $30 with silver framing. So asked him to do me a favour, cos rather last min.

shugar

Hi Cheekybee,

I had 2 march-ins.
1st one i used a Spanish song. 2nd march in i used a track by etta james, coz we both like that song, but its a bit slow. hahahha...

Hi eemoo,
Yah! I took the Cathay Pac promo! $700 per pax. Good offer. hehehhe... shop shop shop. I will be so poor when i come back though :S