Novotel Clarke Quay

samanlyt

Hi Ann

Cool down ya? Think u oso pissed with him, when things jus dun happen the way we wan them to be. Cool ya? Afterall, u married him, so he shdnt be tat bad ya?
happy.gif
Come la...i wish u happy birthday ya? & give u a hug! *HUGZZ*

Hi gals

I got one question to ask, side-track a bit: I wanna sell my AD items in the marketplc thread. So this forumer (not the original forum poster) ask mi to open my own thread, and claim tat its unethical to hijack. Is there a policy whereby its compulsory to open a new thread?
kao_confused.gif
Never c or read anythin frm Chin Leng. The original poster posts were dated in Feb 07. If tats the case, then if everybody opened a new thread each time they wanna sell sumthing, then marketplc will be so crowded.

diva79

bruce_almightys_bride >> tks! i saw the setup liao..so cute! i will shortlist this and discuss with hb. btw your red EG looks fab & sexy . :p

VaNiLLa>> i dun think its unethical to hijack the thread lei. but if the original thread starter dun like..den bo pian have to move ba. but the person a bit sensitive hor?

Hi diva,

Becos i do not want to use NCQ fake cake, so i request jamie to give me a pic of the wedding cake promised by the hotel and send to Mervyn to get him coordinate for me.

My guests were ogling at the cake before the wedding started. hahahah

If you go into their website, they have more varieties.

The topping's colour, can actually be change one.

I have ordered the cupcakes for my anata's birthday, coming Nov.

I will take more photos for their other cake design.

And thanks for your compliment on that gown. My sis's design.

eemoo

Hi Vanilla,

dun think there're any rules on that...but if the thread is still new & alive, then i think it's better to start a thread of your own.

however, like you said, it was started so long ago and it's almost 'dead' liao, then it's okay to post inside.
happy.gif

samanlyt

Hi divasan/eemoo

Thanks for enlightening me. Tats y i feel a bit offended by the word 'hijack' mentioned by the other forumer. She was not the original poster. The original poster posted hers in Feb 07, then she din seem to reply when enquiries came in, so I reckon its dead or her items are sold. So i posted lor, not wanting to open another thread cos if too many threads, but topic is the same, seems silly to me. Then kena from her.
sad.gif
Moreover, everytime i posted i made sure the previous owner has aldy sold her items or the thread is dead. Then went to do read on on the moderator's previous post, he oso say no rules on restricting ppl to post on ppl's thread.

Sorry la...i jus niam niam a bit..*sigh*

Hi Bruce Almighty's Bride,

Saw ur frdster pic on the cupcakes..makes mi hungry lei..may i know hw much u paid for those? Can share?

cheekybee

Hi ladies...I just had my food-tasting...everything went well...the food was very good!! I like almost every dish...hehe..:p

Hi Suika & Shugar..I forgot which of you had your banquet at Cinnamon room? How long is the march-in to the stage huh roughly? Is it a very slow walk as in probably one second per step...hehe..will you reach the stage in less than 45 seconds? Dunno if the songs we have chosen are suitable ornot leh... I really need some help!! Thanks! =)

Hi Vanilla,

I paid around $210 for the cakes including the rental of the cup cake tiers, plus setting of the cupcakes and picking of the tiers.

There are just some ppl who don't like to share thread with ppl. Maybe she is the initial poster just that change her 'id'. if not we can only say she too eng to help other to guard the thread. hahhahaha "Guardian Angel of the thread".

Suika,

Just send the link to you.

samanlyt

Hi Bruce Almighty's bride

Thanks! Hmmm..am now showing hubby the cupcakes. Very tempted to get them for Xmas. Hehe. Think i wanna go recce the website liao.
happy.gif

Ya lor, mayb jus a small issue but I dun really feel good lor, to kena for nothing.
sad.gif

shugar

Hi Cheekybee

Both suika and me used Cinnamon Room.
For us, I think 1st march-in we were rather excited and walked too fast! Hahahaaa... think we got to the stage in maybe about slightly less then 30secs?? I can't quite remember also but our PG told us to slow down for 2nd march-in. :p kekeke...
Pick a song that you both like. Preferably something that'll give you both a 'grand entrance' kinda feel, or maybe a special song that you both have? Makes that moment more special that way. :p
Any particular song that u r looking for? Let me know... maybe I might have it.

Oh and Birthday wishes to Ann too!
Cheer up,
happy.gif
At least yr HB brought you out for b'day dinner
happy.gif

I have a colleague whose wood block of a husband dun even wish her happy birthday! And that block dun even react when she tells him its her birthday... aiyoh... vomit blood man!

pannie

Hi Gals.
Thanks for all your best wishes and I am fine now. It normally takes a day or 2 to calm down. Hehe!!

By the way, it's my bday again today! Haha!! Chinese one. So I am 28 yrs old. Wah lao.. older by 1 yr in 2 days. Damn!! Haha!!

Hi Vanilla.
I think sometime pple are very protective about the thread. I think the gal must have kanna before from pple who hijack her thread and manage to sell their item off or she hijack pple's thread and kanna the same thing. So now she start to bother about other people's thread too to make herself feel better.

Generally speaking, maybe out of coutesy, it would be better to ask the thread owner for permission first before tagging on the thread. If the owner agreed, then no issue but if owner dun reply at all, then would be better to open a new thread. I do agree that the forum will be flooded with identical thread but better than kanna from pple who point finger at you and say you hijack pple's thread without owner's permission. Then it becomes like you are at fault. Not worth it loh. Just my 2 cents worth. Don't get angry at me hoh.

If I am the thread owner, then I wouldn't care. Pple like to tag then tag loh.. Sometime I also find too many similar things in the marketplace liao then rather messy. Haha!!

Maybe they should do a sub thread. Like our email inbox. Might be more tidy and pple will know where to look for items easily.

eemoo

btw, do we have to arrange our own food tasting session with NCQ? or they will call us to arrange?

and during the food tasting, must we confirm the menu on the spot huh??

sorry for asking so many questions so early in the morning...
embarrassed.gif

diorsnow

Haha Mrs Annie Leong, we same age lo! =)

Bruce Almighty's Bride>Wow..real cake.. all the guests get to eat it?
happy.gif
For us right, NCQ only give us the top part which is REAL one to cut.. <-- now who will eat? dinner so full already..haha

samanlyt

Hi Ann

No la, not angry, jus feel a bit 'innocent' abt kena-ing frm such ppl. Anyway I told her its not very nice to say ppl hijack or unethical. She could PM me, or say nicely. I dun think its nice to pint fingers if the person dunno anything and moderator stated no rules &amp; regulations on that. Anyway nvm la. Lesson learnt. Sigh

shugar

Hi eemoo!

For food tasting you have to arrange on your own and then call up your coordinator and let her know the date you and your family will be going and also the dishes that you have decided to try out. (On weekdays only though!) For you, I think you should start choosing the food tasting date liao.

During food tasting, you will be given a checklist of all your dishes. Mark how you feel about the food from excellent to poor. also note down general comments like too sweet / too salty etc and at the end of the dinner, when the chef comes to your table, point these out to him.

As for confirming of menu, Think you can still make changes and let your coordinator know when you meet her to finalise attendance &amp; seating plan. But better to decide earlier and save yourself any last minute headaches.
happy.gif

eemoo

Hi Shugar!

ooh..so we must also arrange ourselves ahh...ya ya..i think i better arrange soon. both my parents &amp; ILs are asking when is the food-tasting and i tell them it'll probably be 3 weeks before..
kao_biggrin.gif

okay, points noted.

Whew! i think all the Brides-to-be here very lucky cos still got all the Mrs here to guide us.
kao_smile.gif
otherwise, i think many of us will be like kan-cheong spiders like that...

darine_gal

mrs chew,
does it mean to say you din use their dummy cakes? but what did u use then? the c cup website only has cupcakes.. or do they make wedding cakes as well?

Hi Darine_gal &amp; Nini,

I didn't use the dummy cake from NCQ, I asked Jamie to supply me with the cake promised by them. And rented the Cupcake tiers from C-cup, to place the tiers with cupcake and the top tier with the wedding cake from NCQ.

Mervyn frm C-Cup also gave me some boxes to packed the cupcakes.... so i distributed to my jiemeis and brothers who helped us on that day to the night.

I also gave them huiling, jamie, and the other 2 BM as a appreciation gift.

Then i still get to pack 27 cup-cakes back 9 in each box- 1 to my mum, 1 to MIL and the other kept for myself.

1 stone kill 4 birds... hahhah

samanlyt

Hi Ann

I was reading Women's weekly and came across this article on the difference between men &amp; women and they way they(men) interpret certain information from women.
happy.gif
Share with u:

"WE SAY i'M FINE WHEN WE'RE CLEARLY NOT"
Here's why: you raise your eyebrows high and purse your lips in sarcastic "I'm fine" pose - when really you're are furious at something he did. Another woman would understand this expression instantly, but it often just shoots straight over a man;s head.
"He isn't trying to be insensitive - he;s just more literal and not nearly as good as you are at interpreting subtext," says body language expert Audrey Nelson. "Guys take things at face value, so when you say 'I'm fine', he's only paying attention the the words, not the invisible fire that comes with them." Therefore, he simply takes your word for it and drops the subject.
Solution: Tell him how you really feel. "Women aren't always comfortable with being harsh, even when they're being justifiably angry," says Nelson. "Guys are direct by nature and they expect you to be like that also."
If you can't be upfront, wait until you have him on his own and tell him that you'll like to talk about a comment he made later. Don't just sit in the corner and sulk, as this will confuse him - remember, men aren't mind-readers.
"Men are comfortable when they're taking action or fixing a problem. Giving your boyfriend this verbal warning signal allows him to do just that." (Quoted from Women's Weekly)
Hope you're feeling much better today!
wink.gif

diva79

VaNiLLa >> dats a good article which i absolutely agree. however, a word of caution: i am a rather straight forward person and always never fail to speak my mind. i always voice out whats bothering me. however, the expectations are higher after that becoz i think that he finally get it. so when things happen again, i dun feel good too. so just an experience wanting to share. :p

samanlyt

Hi divasan

Hehehe..think i too free la...jus share the article wif u gals :p

I'm a straight forward person too, cos i find bottling my emotions very 'pek chek. I understand where u coming from, its like if u aldy told him ur expectations and u expects him to remember. but again when he doesnt and make the same mistakes again, we get frustrated. Sama sama la..but sumtimes out of spike, if he does anything wrong, then i will take 'revenge' and if he complains, then i will go: 'C? tats wat u did to mi previously, and now u noe it doesn't feel gd ya?' LOL

xuer21

Haha... sometimes i am also like this.. if i "warn" him one time liao.. sometimes even 3 to 4 times.. and when finally i cannot tahan liao.. i will so call "revenge" back.. and give him back a taste of his own medicine... haha...

But sometimes.. after many times of repeating .. it gets so tired..

samanlyt

Hi michelle

Haiz..tats y we always say 'Nan ren!' Sigh....(X100) LOL

But my hubby last time worse, memory super bad. Veri jia lat. Think after attending the Marriage Prep course, he's better liao. Can c he bother to take note of certain things.

xuer21

WAH! then i must ask my hubby go the marriage preparation class... his memory cannot make it le... tell him how many times also no use one.. like children u know.. when teacher teach something.. it goes in one ear then out the other!!! haiz.... * 10000000 (infinity)

samanlyt

Hi michelle

Marriage prep course is indeed good for the couple. At first I was very skeptical abt it, after hearing some 'side effects' of the course from some couples. But after sorting out my thts, I find it silly to worie abt this and tat. Afterall, its harmless attending. Never regret since. It allows us to understand each other more, and find out things/info abt each other we never take note of.
happy.gif
We're still learning now, on how to live wif each other under the same roof! LOL

not_firmed

Hi everyone... Sorry for MIA for so long...
I went back Indonesia for my GDL.. hehehehe..
Have a great fun.. but tiring also...i uploaded my photos n video in multiply.. pls feel free to view there...

Ann.. Happy belated birthday... Don angry.. my hb also nv buy flowers for me.. coz i think it's a waste leh.. haha....

Mrs chew.. yr cake so special... nice...

Hi Vanilla n Diva,

Nowsaday, women have a mind of their liao, so most women have become straight-forward...

But after many quarrels of unheeded issues, i lin wu dao guys will not see in our way even when we talk nicely (or rather nag, kekek) to them, so we used the "Action speak louder than word" to make them see. But most imptly... we cannot be too over... we are not perfect either... sometimes will just have to be du yan long to overlook some of bad and remember the good bah... then relationship can be maintained.

Which both me and Vanilla are now doing....once in a while 'revenge' to make them understand but not too hurtful, to hurt their ego.... n led to a even worse situation.

And remember men are veri ego... too straightforward, their egoness will block their thinking mind and hearing ears, and visually clear eyes. So they will think you are the one who is finding trouble'.

Marriage Prep course can be good, least you can see in his way and vice-versa on the same matter.

Though i have never been to one, cos he is too busy, but we have agreed, anytime if we see our marriage is facing some problem, we should throw away our 'face' n go for the Post Marriage counciling... to make our marriage last.

And living in the same roof, you only have him n he having you... wat the point of quarrelling, then you have to face the 4 wall liao... kekeke
Sometime let go abit might do the trick, cos when he expected you to start the bomb, but u did not, he will be more concern what'd happen to you... then he will ask and then you can nicely tell him lor. isn't it better.

xuer21

Hi Tweety, can i take a look? whats ur multiply id?

Hi Vanilla, what does the marriage preparation course deals with? as in the contents??

cheekybee

Hi shugar...hehe we have actually picked two songs for our march-ins but dunno if we have to walk really slowly to match the tempo leh...then ideally we will probably reach the stage in about 60 seconds...dunno if too slow ornot leh..haha...

Hi eemoo...try to fix a date and let jamie know...she will advise you if that day is available...they will also need the menu a week in advance...on the actual day there will be a feedback form on all the dishes and you can also speak to the banquet mgr if you have any comments...
happy.gif

samanlyt

Hi Michelle

The Marriage prep course touches on:

1. Roles of husband &amp; wife
2. Communication in marriage
3. Conflict resolution
4. Sexual intimacy
5. Financial planning
6.Personality profiling

I got this info from Touch Community Services (http://tcs.org.sg/events/ongoing/mep.html). Attended their Marriage Prep course before my wedding.
happy.gif

samanlyt

Ya bruce almighty's bride! Agree with your last sentence. Living under the same roof, sort of 'xiang yi wei ming' liao, so if argue then refused to talk to each other, the feeling is like being banished into the 'cold room'.

Perhaps when u n hubby got time can go attend, even for newlyweds. I think its very important. Cannot wait until trouble starts to appear then go for it *touch wood* Mus have 'preventive measures' 1st. Hehe.
happy.gif

samanlyt

Hi R&amp;J

Email sent!
happy.gif

Hi Blackcurrent,

For NCQ, every year the price there will be a price increase for each table which is $30. I doubt 2008 price list is applicable to Mar 2009. Anyway, you can add in another $30 for 2009 package if you r using 2008 pricing as a guide for now.
happy.gif

not_firmed

Mrs. Chew.. agree with u... no pt quarrelling since you will be together for long time.. it will make a scare in the relationship only.

Michelle.. I think I have u in my network.
My ID is Nengsih

rjwedding

Thanks Vanilla!! You look lovely! NCQ looks so nice!!

so much happening around there.. got to slowly view each one.. anyway all the best to all who are planning for their dinner @ ncq like me.. hehehe..

cheers,
R&amp;J
happy.gif

crayongal

hey gals..
i have been so so busy lately.. (wif work) and i did not log in.. hehe

u gals have discussed so many thgs...........

hmm.... anyhows, saw the bit abt the march-in songs.. i've neva thot that the songs could drag till the cake-cutting/champagne pouring..so , dats a gd tip there~ thanks!! hee =)

oh ya.. btw, if we do not intend to hire a band/singers for the event.. we can jus get ncq to play some music in the background during the dinner rite? is there smone helping wif the songs/music (for march-in or thru the dinner) or do we need to have our own helper to do dat eh? =)

*btw ..for the gals who were asking.. i tink for phoenix ballroom, its abt 1 min for march-in. =)

samanlyt

Hi stef

Just in case, u can also get own your cds (compile ur own love songs) and get NCQ soundman to play it for u. Then put in on repetition mode.
happy.gif
Probably 20 songs. NCQ does have their own CDs music too, but you may wanna prepare your fav songs.
happy.gif

Hi Ann

Hows things? Ok le ma?

shugar

Hi All...

Its Monday again and back to work...
I hate mondays.. sigh.. especially nice ones like today for sleeping in :p hehehe
Hope you all have a good week though! :p

Me starting to prepare for HM. Leaving this Friday, but have not even bought our luggage yet.. :S

Hi NiNi,
PM-ed you.