Novotel Clarke Quay

pannie

Hey Divasan.
I had ask my grandma liao. She say if your hubby side not so traditional type then nothing much to follow. Cause she say if you wan to follow, you must follow till the slightest detail. Like what the girls say, opening of umbrella, throwing of rice/beans... you must have a lady who knows what to do. According to her, from the point that your hubby step out of the car, the lady must start "chanting" .. all the way till you finish your tea ceremony at your mum's place. And it's tough or almost impossible to find a lady who knows the "sutra" liao. Which means the lady had to follow you all the way. Even opening of umbrella also must chant one.

So my grandma advise is keep it simple. Which I totally agree.. cause i also dunno where to find such lady.. even if i found one, she might be close to 100yrs old liao... dunno still have the strength to chant so much or not.

samanlyt

Hi Ann

Me jus kidding la..think if my MIL gimme the dragon & phoenix bangle, i will think twice lor! LOL But now gold price so high sure very valuable in future. Can reconisider ya? :p

Hi Michelle

Wat is ur email address ah? Forgot eh..Tht wan email u the emcee speech.

Hi fufun

Oh u met up with Daniel? Tats gd! Alamak so now everyone saw my face & know me liao. Cham, 'famous' liao :p How was it?
Ya I bought the long feng candles together wif the rest of the GDL stuff. My godmum used it during my ‘shu tou’. Very fast burn out liao.
Oh..emailed u the AD schedule & the speech too. The speech sample I got it from this SG Brides forum previously too.
happy.gif

Hi cheekybee

Emails sent!
happy.gif

Hi paperdebris

Have emailed you the emcee speech too!

Hi crybaby

Ur email address?

crayongal

Vanilla..
thanks! i saw your pics... and i tell ya.. it is very nice. heh..

you look so pretty la.. on your special day.. and happy too. hehe.. =)

thanks for sharing with us.. =)

*dun disappear fr. the forum.. we still need lotsa your advice here...
same to bruce almighty's bride. keke =P
u gals .. pls hang ard here k.. heh.. =)

funfun08

Hi Ann,
hahaha... i not tt tradisional one.. onli i wan to learn wat is the chinese cantonese customs so next time when my children ask den i can answer ma.. is onli wat u been thru den onli can answer..
nowaday, even some of the parents oso not sure wat is chinese custom..everythg simplify until no custom apply.. abit shame to bcome chinese.. at least u look at malay n indian.. they still maintaining it..
This is wat my German colleague told me.. n i reli feel shamed when he said.. y chinese nv wear cheongsam during cny while malays n indian or other race do... he reli shut my mouth down..
I dun wan this to repeat for my next generation..
sorry to say all these.. no offence.. is onli my personal point of view..

the lady ur grandma mentioned is call 'tai kam jie'(in cantonese) or 'mei po'(in mandarin)
nowaday still hv alot ard 50yrs old ladies! no need to find those >100yrs old one.. haha..
but i not intended to get one la.. havent plan til tt far yet.. haha..

Vanilla,
hmm... i decided to get 1950photography..
He not so calculative and VERY friendly during my fren ROM and even went to my fren house to pass photos n we hv a small chit chat on the package lor..furthermore, he will help me edit photos even i not taking coffee table album..
while daniel quite firm n not editing my photos if i not taking the album..
Both work and style are similar.. but 1950photography is the one we feel more comfortable with... =)

ooh.. no worries abt ur photos la.. nice photos is gd to share rite?
n u looks sooooo GREAT so is gd to be famous!! haha.. next time i c u out the street sure greet u one!! haha...

diva79

Ann >> wow thanks a lot. I feel so much better after hearing from an eldery...becoz at least can put my mind at ease liao. What your grandma said do makes sense too...
happy.gif

hapiley

Hi everyone

I am new in this thread. I would like to know how is the review for wedding banquets held in Novotel Clarke Quay.

Really appreciate if you could share your comments and feedback on the hotel package? My email address is [email protected]

Thank you in advance

samanlyt

Hi stef

Thanks for the compliments! *blush* Actuali after my wedding, feel a bit lost, like suddenly feel very 'eng', so wun disappear one la...will 'haunt' everyone of u till u gals are all married out!! Hehee

Hi funfun

Yup agree. Its gd to work wif sumone tat u r more comfy wif. Ya think diff photographer got diff styles of working. Client $$ very hard to earn nowadys. :p
Abt the chinese customs, u r sooo right. I'm a Cantonese but yet am not sure abt the customs until the GDL shop auntie told me step 1 - step 10.
embarrassed.gif

Hi michelle

Email sent!
happy.gif
Includes AD schedule, table arrangement, contact list & ang bao list.

samanlyt

Hi hapiley

Overall NCQ is considered not bad. For a hotel that is newly renovated, its banquet prices are rather competitive & affordable. Food is not bad, since its frm the Dragon Phoenix Restaurant. You can do some read up here on the restaurant's history, their famous dishes and their reviews:
http://www.dragonphoenix.com.sg/home/
OR http://culinarywizard.blogspot.com/2007/05/classic-old-bird.html

If u read thru the previous posts, you can get feedback & many tips frm other brides in here. Or feel free to come in & join us for a chat!
happy.gif

pannie

Hi Vanilla.
You are right... gold price is high now. So wondering whether i should get my si dian jin instead of si dian zhuan. Higher value. But nevermind lah.. I leave it till next yr then think.

Hi funfun.
Actually, you should have told your German colleagues.. do you know why not all chinese wear cheongsum... show him a "bak chang" (chinese rice dumpling)... then tell him if the ingredient inside too much.. bak chang will look ugly but if ingredient too little... bak chang also will look ugly plus pathetic.. that's why ingredient must be just enough to make bak chang look nice and appetising. Cheongsum works the same way.. flat chested gals or no backside gals wear liao... very ugly... fat gals wear like even worse... so only just nice shape lady look nice in cheongsum. And not all chinese ladies are just nice shape.

Those mei po alot but those who can chant non stop and correctly only left a few. Plus even if they anyhow chant, we also dunno right or wrong. Haha!!

Hi Divasan.
My grandma very modern one.. so she don't really emphasize alot on tradition cause she knows that now most young people like to keep things simple.

Yesterday night my mum was chatting with my grandma like what to do and what to buy. She told my mum have to depend on the guy side.. if guy side want to do it very traditionally, then we have to do so.. but if guy side want it simple then even better. But certain custom still must follow.. like my parents have to buy the blanket and bedsheet for us and help us change.. then buy "tam pui"(baby use that to pee and shit).. and some other things which I also dunno. Plus if guy side bring roast pig, must give back head, legs and tail. I told my hubby to bring a cleaver too cos my house no such big knife to cut the pig. Haha!!

Hi Michelle.
7yrs also very long lei.. Dun play play ah... haha!!!

xuer21

Hi Vanilla, thanks alot!! but hor.. why u send so early???? haha i scared i accidentally delete the email.. so i will still "pester" and flood ur email haha....

Hi Ann, 7 years ok la.. u 12 yrs le!!!! super le.. hehe
happy.gif

suika

Hi Michelle,

If you really nid to wear for them to see, den u wear ur MIL's set with ur WG to go her side lor den later wear ur mum's set for the kua n later if u changing den wear ur godmum's set ba....juz change let them see u got wear can liao lor...wear in the morning very fast 1....nite time will not look good liao

Hi gals,
My side oso got alot of things to follow but coz all of us very lazy so everything oso cut cut cut...no even bother about the totters liao...yummy yummy that 1 so nice
BUT lazy la....coz if hb side give, that's supposed to distribute to relatives 1 lor...den we'll hv to ferry my dad round s'pore again....ALAMAK...where to find the time la....so we took that out too :p

samanlyt

Hi Ann

U r so funi, after reading the 'ba zhang' thingy. Haaaaha! Tat reali make some sense...but hor fun fun's colleague may oso think indians & malays dun apply the 'ba zhang' law mah. :p

Hi michelle

Can save it 1st lor, like u say, in case i forgot next time, so a least u have the copy liao then no nid panic like ma when ur ig day arrive,

Hi NiNi

I think up to individual preference. If u decide to have the umbrella thungy, then mus use RED for sure. Afterall to the chinese, red symbolize gd luck.

swee1182

Hi Shan & VaNiLLa,

Can share with the details of your package?

I went down last Sat to take a look at the actual wedding setup of 44 tables and was quite disappointed cos' the place is so cramp though they stated that the ballroom can holds 50 tables.

All the Sats and most Sun in Yr 2008 are fully taken up hence no much choices left. =(

pannie

Hi Michelle.
Quite ok lah for 12 yrs.. Hehe!! Now you ask me think back on how we survive, I also forgotten liao. I am afraid my friends might sabo us next yr during wedding dinner... like when you first hold hand, how he first woo you or when he bought the first rose for you.. etc etc... my answer will be I don't know.. too long liao. can't remember. Haha!!

Hi Vanilla.
You see.. Indian and Malay have alternatives for their traditional costumes.. and they have one costumes that's similar.. a flaring dress which means it's not tight aroung the tummy area and long sleeves or short sleeves.. not sure whether you know what i mean.. ours always have to wear so tight around the body. Hai!! Then worse.. show my thick arms somemore if I am fat. Then high slit at the side to show my fat legs.. even worse.

swee1182

Hihi,

I am a new BTB. Can anyone share with me their experience with Novotel Clark Quay? Their packages' prices are quite reasonable but how abt the food?

Is the place cramp for 50 tables?

Any advices on what other perks can I try to ask from them? Waiver of corkage for wines?

Currently, all the Sats in Yr 08 are fully booked and most Fri and Sat are also taken up. Unable to find suitable dates and days...

Thanks!!

samanlyt

Hi crybaby

Email sent! I had a mixture of flowers & crystals for my banquet. Have attached the pic in the email for u to c.

Hi Ann

Ya i noe wat u mean...Maybe can ask tailor to make cheong sums in long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves like kua like tat..then no fats bulging out etc... haiz i oso always wanted to wear cheong sums, bt too bad size & figure not like Maggie Q.

samanlyt

Hi swee1182

Novotel has improved their service standard over the yrs since Hotel Otani days. Its biggest ballroom, Phoenix ballroom can accommodate up to 48 - 50 tables. Seating may be a bit 'tight' but still manageable I guess.

Food is very good & serving portion jus right, in my opinion. You can chk out the link I have posted abv, if u need reviews/feedback on the food, prepared by Dragon Phoenix Restaurant. Alternatively, u may wanna refer to other posts by the brides here, who had jus gone for their food-tasting recently.

Perks u can ask include additional bridal stay, helpers day room, extra carpark coupons etc. Doubt waiver of corkage is possible, since they have brought in their own house wine this yr, includes corkage is $23 if u get ur wine frm them.

shugar

Hi All...

Din log in here a few days and wah, so much things u guys been talking about! :p

Vanilla, your video so cute! Yr HB did not bad with the lion dance.. and his singing also good leh! hahaha.. nice nice.

Agree with you about the wedding being over now like a bit empty. hahahha.. no more planning and stuff to worry about. :p
But I am shifting office now so got things for me to worry about again! hahaha.. and also planning for HM now. Have not done much research yet.. eeks... :S

samanlyt

Hi shugar..

Alamak, busy wif wat? now AD over liao, shd be 'eng eng cheng cheng' like me mah :p Sigh.. at least u noe wat i mean hor, like reali beri free nowadys. Where u planning for HM? I'm planing to go BKK attend my bro's wedding in Dec and shun bian HM too.

Hehe..he action action onli la, until now I oso haven get my full version of my DVD video yet. Still waiting.

shugar

I'm also waiting for my AD pics. Hope to see it before we go HM.
Will be going for HM end of this month. Going Tokyo, Kyoto and HK. Really looking forward to it. Long time no holiday liao.
Me busy with the shifting of office. Now sitting around and waiting for the movers to come. kekeke...

shugar

Hehee.. looking forward. It'll be my 1st visit there. *excited*
BKK also a shopping paradise! And cheaper than jap somemore! *buy buy buy* kekeke

Moving everything except PC. Dun trust movers with the PCs lah. :p heheh.. so will move these ourselves.

samanlyt

I nv been to japan lor! If can go there can eat ramen, buy hello kitty & tokyo banana (mus buy! Very nice to eat! Like sponge cake, ut filling inside all bananas)

BKK i a bit scared lei, lik saw the news everyday got riot like tat. Me kia si! LOL

samanlyt

Hi shan

I guessed diff brides got diff expectations of their wedding. Nothing is perfect, mine too. Slight hiccups (at least no complains of waiters spilling red wine on guests etc) is acceptable & forgivable I guessed. Afterall, 90% of their services & food reviews satisfy our guests. And their packages are affordable, ambience is gd. What more can we ask for? The rest seriously, can be improved. Better to feedback to the banquet manager.

Hi swee1182

Saw ur post in other NCQ thread. Mine is 2006 package. So prices and perks got difference compared to this yr. Sure a bit tight. Afterall u are taking up the max capacity. If u need a more spacious ballrooms perhaps can look up other threads wif 50 tables? Heard Regent hotel ballroom is huge. Or perhaps can consider restaurants lie qian xi?
wink.gif

suika

Swee1182,

NCQ's food n deco not too bad, service oso not bad...till now hv not heard any of our friends or relatives commented bad on the food...

Hi Shugar....Welcome back here....MIA for so long liao sia...

Vanilla,
U still waiting for ur originals till now? OH....dun hurry them....relax now coz once u've got the things, u'll nid to spend long hours browsering thru' the photos n video like mi till panda now......n still oni done the 1st selection of photos.......video oni edited 1 small part.......

hahaha fainting soon liao sia.....i hope my boss not ard the whole of this week sia den i do during office hours....... ekekeke

eemoo

Vanilla & Shugar, since both of your AD over liao, i got a question...

for the champagne pouring, must we get out own songs too? or NCQ can provide?

now I'm starting to source for the songs and abit at a loss liao..don't know what songs to get. now only think of 1 song for the 1st march-in.
sad.gif

funfun08

Hi Ann,
HAHAHAHAHAHA..... my German 'sausage' will faint.. m not so gd in talking n teasing wt him la.. coz when i tot is gao siao den he serious, he oso not so gao xiao one..

But the saree is for hindus and the long sleeve bla bla one is for other dialect (jus lik china different province different style) one..
just to us, they r indian lor..

anyway... is first time kena teased by ang mo abt my own race customs.. kns..
tts y til now i still remember.. will try to do watever i can for my wedding.. HAHAHA.. but i stil VERY lazy ar..... =P

Vanilla,
nowaday go Japan can do by budgeting one n if u r not so picky wt the stay.. I went during sakura season.. guess how much we spent for 13days free n ez (5days free stay in fren's house)?
keke... $5.2k for 2persons!!! everyth inc *with gd food too..*!!
if u reli wan to go, i help u plan plan.. hehe..
i will gg Jap for pre-HM for lavender season next yr too..

NiNi,
I afraid the umbrella hv to be RED, else if the bride is pregnant den is use BLACK means avoid miscarriage

Just read fr some forums.. doing 'research' on chinese custom on wedding ma.. haha.. *still angry on wat my German colleague said..tts is lik 2yrs ago.. HAHA...

shugar

Hi eemoo,

For the champagne pouring, the song carries on from the 2nd march in for us. I used a track that's about 3mins+ long, (march in takes i think less then a min for cinnamon room, unless you walk r.e.a.l.l.y slow!:p hehehe)
And also the same for the 1st march in and cake cutting.
U in cinnamon room?

suika

Hi eemoo,
My 2nd march-in song continues on to the champagne pouring too, just like Shugar. You searching for songs? Need any help? Can sent you mine if you no have. Got some of them from the madams here too..... hahaha alot of us are turning MDMs sia :p

funfun,
U spend oni 5.2K for 2 person? how did you do it? i'm planning for sakura season nxt yr too as HM trip. care to share your 'xin de' with me??? email : [email protected]

pannie

Hi Vanilla.
If do like Kua, still got the skirt portion to bind around our waist. The fats still kanna squeeze out. Haha!! But if do like Kua, then lose Chinese cheongsum's beauty liao. The mystical, shapy & oriental look.. so nice... *dreaming*

Hi funfun.
Then you should use sausage as an example to describe it to your "German sausage". Haha!! Must show him that you are not joking. Say it with a strict face.

eemoo

Shugar & Suika - thanks! i totally forgotten about the cake cutting..
kao_confused2.gif

me have 1 song on hand, Canon in D, thinking of using this for the 1st march in but dunnoe appropriate anot.

can send me the songs you have? so that I can have some reference also...

Shugar - me is phoenix rm..erm...i think the march in also quite fast one..unless of cos, we walk really slow..heehee..

suika - dun worry, all the gals here already lined up to be mdm liao..and my turn is about 1.5 more months to go..aiyooo..i think dun use the word 'mdm' lar...sounds really old ley...we're all still young ley...
biggrin.gif

suika

eemoo,

mi oso used that song for my 1st march-in...on the day itself, everyone will keep reminding u to walk slow slow take your time.......hahaha

Madam sounds very old hor....i think using Mrs sounds better sia

wendycp

Hi Vanilla,

Can I see your pics too? My email: [email protected]

Im interested to hold in Novotel too, as you can see now the price for other hotels is really out of budget, nearly a thousand per table. Cannot tahan hehe. I went to see the grand ballroom, very nice. Not sure about the Cinnamon, any comments?

My parent is quite particular with the food, any feedback on the food?

suika

Hi Wendycp,

Cinnamon room is just as nice, oni 1 pillar which will block half table there. That is provided u are placing max amt of tables (26 tables)....

Now most hotels nearly 1k? that's very expensive sia...

No complains on food for mine...i think their food standards not too bad

wendycp

Hi suika,

Tot their max is 24 tables, im looking at 25. Is it low or high ceiling? How's their theme? Nice? Can see your pics? Hehe sorry too many ques

Yes and somemore im looking at 2009, our budget is less than 900 nett. Now their price for 2008 is 848 or 868++ or even 988. I wonder who can afford by then. Some of them don't even have restaurant, still charge so ex...

samanlyt

Hi suika

No la, i scared wait too long for the DVD to be out, my guests not in the 'festive mood' to watch it anymore, maybe even myself :p

Hi funfun

Wau 5.2K seems a lot of $$ to mi liao wor! Me soo sua ku, nv c sakura b4. Burn our pockets during wedding, but one thing for sure is i hope to go korea & taiwan, before BB planning!! Hehe

Hi Ann

Wait till i become like Maggie Q figure ah..i will squeeze into cheong sums :p

Hi eemoo

Yup, like the rest mentioned, the champagne pouring is the same song for ur 2nd march in, ur soundman will tune it softer until u n hubby rch the stage, and will play as background music.

Hi wendy

Sure will email u the pics in a while. Mine is in the Phoenix ballroom.
happy.gif
The food so far so gd, no complains. Every dishes was nearly wiped out. Talking abt food...hungry liaoz.

blur_girl

Hi Divasan, can share with me your contact for the insert printing? Am going to collect my cards this week, am looking at alternatives to print.

Hi Vanilla, received your photos. Thanks and you looked so pretty and happy. Thanks for sharing!

My AD is coming soon, but i haven really start planning for it. At a loss now, dun know how and where to start to plan. Will appreciate if you can share with me your list, AD schedules and mc speech etc...as a reference. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks so much for sharing...

eemoo

Rine 26-Oct-2007, Fri, Phoenix
Tweety 27-Oct-2007, Sat Cinnamon (about 25)
Belle 03-Nov-2007, Sat Phoenix
Caitou 23-Nov-2007, Fri, Phoenix
Rene2803 24-Nov-2007, Sat, Phoenix
Eemoo 25-Nov-2007, Sun, Phoenix
DiorSnow 29-Nov-2007, Thu, Phoenix
Doric 02-Dec-2007, Sun, Phoenix
Divasan 13-Dec-2007, Thu, Phoenix
Crybaby 21-Dec-2007, Fri, Cinnamon
Blur_girl 22-Dec-2007, Sat
Michelle 30-Dec-2007, Sun, Cinnamon

~bliss~ 03-Jan-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Raycia 26-Jan-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bubble-bell 24-Feb-2008, Sun, Phoenix
yesfeb 29-Feb-2008, Fri, Phoenix
merribell 29-Mar-2008, Sat, Phoenix
bernice 30-Mar-2008, Sun, Phoenix
tevetoh 19-Apr-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Yvonne 3-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bearyxmm 15-May-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Val 21-May-2008, Wed, Phoenix (about 30)
Ting 25-May-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Kelluvjer 30-May-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Sharon 31-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
henyve 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Cinnamon (Abt 22)
Rac 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (about 35)
Fantasy 15-Jun-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Lara 19-Jun 2008, Thur, Phoenix (about 30)
lingandyang 21-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (30 tables)
Joyce 22-June-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Joy 28-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix
R&J 06-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Vividz 20-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Stef 27-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
kc 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
eden_dream 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
TomC 12-Sep-2008, Fri , Phoenix Ballroom
Flora 13-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Gina 20-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Jelly Beanie 28-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix (35 Tables)
Jiahui 5-Oct-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Michelle 18-Oct-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Miseep 31 Oct 08, Fri, Phoenix ballroom
Gina Wee 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Maltese_lover 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
youkie 2-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Alyssac 8-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Funfun 11-Nov-2008, Tue, Phoenix
Blurgroom 16-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Ivy_sammc 22-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
suzukai 30-Nov-2008, Sun, Cinnamon
Ann 27-Dec-2008, Sat, Phoenix

eemoo

blur_girl - fret not...cos me also haven't plan much yet...
happy.gif

Me also dunnoe how to start the plan the schedules, speech etc...

eemoo

btw, i need help on the 2nd march in song...anyone can suggest some nice songs? me not angmoh-songs-savy ley...

Hi Divasan,

Hope this is not too late!

http://www.stomp.com.sg/stfoodiesclub/poshnosh/cupcake%20fever/cupcake.html

This website offer some recommendation for cupcakes.

I got my AD Wedding cake from C-Cup per recommendation from this webiste.

Vanilla,

Now you know how lost i've felt after the wedding. kekeke.

Even now i still pop this qn to my dear...
"let's get married again, this time round, I can do better" hahahah

Anyway, forget who'd cheered me up in this thread with: "concentrate on baby making" maybe i can use this to cheer you up too. "giggles"...

Maybe then we can discuss on how to prepare for the "Man yua Banquet" hahahahah

samanlyt

Hi blur girl

Emailed sent!
happy.gif
The schedule I find it very useful, at least I noe my helpers follow accordingly to the list. And of course the most useful is my Ang Bao list. LOL Can know who & who give how much. Dun worie, if there's any help u need, the brides here will be able to give u a hand.

Hi eemoo

U can actually visit www.imeem.com (stream music) to search for wedding songs, then slowly listen to some of them, tats wat i did previously. Or u can do a search on the internet. I did a random search and they hv a few recommedations: http://www.weddingzone.net/p-top50.htm
I personally like Jim Brickman's songs. Very soothing & romantic. Hehe

Hi Bruce Almighty's Bride

Haiz, I oso wanna re-wind my wedding and have it all over again. *sigh* All my prep done during tat 1 yr, all my sweat all 'used up' in one day (my AD) all over liaoz. So fast discuss 'mau yue' ah? I haven even go for my HM yet eh?!! LOL I wanna go taiwan & korea at least!!! How abt u? BB planning?