Novotel Clarke Quay

xuer21

Hmmm Vanilla... the waiting period hor.. to me is ma chiam like waiting to enter into the exam hall that kind of feeling... ahhhhhh....

suika

Michelle,

1 more yr means u'll have more time in ur preps u noe....start all ur scripts etc early so when it's time u'll hv more things off the to do list

not_firmed

Divasan... that's the case then I not sure liao leh... u better ask yr grandparent then...

Vanilla... I don intend to get that red umbrella and fan anyway.. hahaha... gonna simlified...

So fast.. tommor i'm going back to Indo to prepare the GDL on Monday liao...

not_firmed

Divasan... sorry to hear that...
I would say, if donnoe, then can let it be... "pu che ze pu chui"??? my chinese is terrible.. what i mean is it's not wrong when you don knoe the correct procedure...

pannie

Hi divasan.
If you would really like to find out, I can ask my grandparents for you.

I am also Hokkien so I will be a Hokkien bride too. But me not asking them anything yet cause my AD still a yr away.

suika

Hi divasan,

I'm also Hokkien bride, but we simplified everything...even GDL oso simple impt the angbaos oni la.....no fan, no umbrella, no redbeans etc....everything removed

hahaha

my hb side cantanese....oso everything take away, we oni did the most basic stuffs

pannie

Hi Suika.
We are the same lei.. bride is Hokkien and Hubby is Cantonese.

But my hubby side more traditional. The next day after ROM, we went back to his house to serve tea to his grandmother and ancestors (this is a tactic we had come up with to delay our AD). We had to pour the tea on the floor for his ancestors.

Then after we serve tea to his grandma.. his mum presented my hubby with a thick gold bracelet (like PCK type) and me with 2 thinner bangles (lucky ah). Then I saw a brochure in the paper bag.. and it features a dragon-pheonix bangle (huge one), I showed it to my hubby and he said that his mum actually want to buy that cause it's traditional Cantonese jewellery. I nearly fainted.

samanlyt

Hi Michelle

Ya agree wif suika, one yr means u got more time to prepare. Can start from the basics like exercising, facials, find out wat r the items u need for GDL etc...But I guess brides like me onli 'ling shi bao fuo jiao'

Hi divasan

I think if both side of parents dun mind, then can simplify everything. Seek the elders' opinion 1st ba.

By the way, divasan & paperdebris, am going to email u the AD list I have prepared. Inside the list includes the schedule, table arrangement, ang bao collection, helpers contact list.
happy.gif
Let me know should you require anything else.

suika

Ann,
For mine, we on AD already serve tea to them 1st liao den the parents...heehee
Hey you so lucky sia....she bought that for you...not cheap u noe n some more the gold price now is consider quite high.

pannie

Hi divasan.
I will be going to my grandparents house tomorrow evening. I help you ask them. You just want to know what are the customs on the actual day for Hokkien bride right?

Hi Suika.
Yah.. it is very expensive eventhough the 2 bangles are thin thin kind.. cost her $1.4k and my hubby's opiang bracelet cost her $1.5k lei. I was shocked when I saw the receipt. Yah... gold prices shoot up.

Then my mum say make sure i wear it on my actual day wedding. maybe when i go to his house and the change to "kua" then wear. Yellow gown don't look nice with wedding gown.

diva79

suika , Ann>> same here! my hb also cantonese. i heard about the pheonix bangle..but seriously i think its very ex lei! *faint* n yupz...just need to find out the hokkien bride side xie xie ni!
happy.gif

VaNiLLa >> u are my saviour! tks i received it! *hugz*

xuer21

Hi Vanilla, true though that i can use the time to prepare.. but hor i very ks one.. in fact i already start preparing liao haha.. until my mother also cannot tahan me...

Ann.. u very good le... got these bangles.. i wan also dun have and its very very true that its not cheap..

diva79

VaNiLLa >> wow your AD list is very detailed...its very throughly done and definately comes in handy for us..thanks so much!
happy.gif

Michelle >> i understand how u feel. but i started to KS 8mths b4 the wedding. n now Oops! left only 2 months already..time passes so fast. n we still left a quite couple of stuffs undone.
sad.gif

xuer21

Hi divasan.. hehe dun worry... everything will be done when ur big day arrives.. hehe.. dun be too kanjiong wor...

I really very ks haha.. i even have a plan on what to do in the following mths to come..wahaha..

suika

Ann,

when wearing Kua they says cannot wear white gold...not good

anyway, since she've got u that den u wear lor...nice of her to hv got u that too mah...wear liao can oso make her happy ley...so y not mah

samanlyt

Hi michelle

I oso very kiasu. I chose my songs 1st, cos me not 'ang moh' songs savvy, so faster go forum ask people for recommendations then go stream music and serach for songs. This already took me many months to do it. *sweat*

Hi divasan

No probs! The AD schedule & the ang bao list is very useful. Can record how much ur guests give u.

Hi paperdebris,

Ya i have the emcee speech. Email u in a short while.
happy.gif

Wau Ann, steady lei...yellow gold! Ay get the 'long feng' bangles. Anyway, quite meaningful lei...Retro. :p

Hi suika

Wau heng i wear fake jewellery from bridal shop. My MIL bought white gold for me. Till now chuck in my cupboard. Onli wore once to 'show' her.

pannie

Hi divasan.
Will let you know on Sunday then.

Hi Michelle.
Me not a jewellery person... so to me it's only a waste but it's also a gift from hubby's side to show that they value me as a DIL.

Hi Suika.
That's the issue... it's not white gold.. it bright yellow gold.. Ah!!!! I would never wear it out.. maybe only on AD loh to help them show off to the relatives. Haha!!

Hi Vanilla.
It's very retro loh.. but I am lucky that she didn't buy the bulky big dragon-pheonix bangle for me. She only bought the 2 thin bangles to signify dragon and pheonix. Phew!!!

xuer21

Hi Vanilla... hehe does that mean i can ask u to send me the songs ?? hehe joking... now hor .. ur name is high in my list.. cos now i know who to ask for emcee speech and AD list .. nearing my AD.. hehe...so pls prepare ur email to be flooded by my request.. haha

Talking abt the wearing of kua with the jewellery.. how would u all arrange the changing of jewellery if ... on the AD itself.. u got to wear 3 sets of jewellery to show it to those ppl who buy give u?....

xuer21

hehe ann.. i understand that alot of ppl nowadays dun really like "kim tang tang" kind of jewellery.. haha i also dun like... but its really like what u say appreciating u as their DIL.. hehe good le ur hubby's side..
happy.gif

pannie

Hi Michelle.
Yah.. they are good people... all these 12yrs together with my hubby, they had treated me very well. On my bday, his mum would sometime buy me gold jewellery.

How come you got 3 sets of jewellery?

For me, I have si dian zhuan (cannot tahan anymore gold) and the 2 bangles. That's for now lah. So me had plan to wear the si dian zhuan in the morning and evening... the yellow gold jewellery then wear during tea ceremony.

suika

Hi Vanilla,

your MIL bought white gold for u? how come u no wear? u no like har?? heehee

Hi Michelle,

wad u mean arrange the changing of jewellery?? u've got a few sets???
For me in the morning mi no wear those, oni display...mi wear the 1 from my MUA side den nite time wear my own set.

Ann,

I oso not the gold person, heehee no wear gold in my life till now lor....den again hor i've got a gold bangle from his side (gu jie)....wear liao very nice ley with the kua....hahaha
after that it's into the drawer too....but CNY eve, i'll hv to wear that again coz they will be coming over my PIL hse for dinner, wear liao make them happy n make my FIL got face too....hahaha

pannie

Hi Suika.
Yah loh... So my hubby say.. open a safe at a bank.. put all my jewellery in.. then got occasion then wear.

I hoped I remember to wear. Hopefully no more yellow gold stuff coming in.. imagine gold necklace with gold pendant, gold earrings, gold bangles.. wah.... too yellow liao...

xuer21

AH.. Ann.. good le u got the si dian zhuan.. i wan then my mother ask me ownself zhuan myself... haiz...

i got 3 sets cos.. my god ma give one set to me.. my own mama another and my MIL another set.. but the prob is .. ALL GOLD! and i really dun feel like wearing it on the AD but hor.. whenever i try to hint to my mama.. she will say " later they angry le, at least must wear a while show them" but hor.. really too off lor.. how to match with the evening gown and wedding gown??!! At first thought dun wear my MIL one.. but hor.. my hubby's side the relatives mouth very big.. i dun wan them to "talk" too much..Worse is.. my god ma also very easily offended.. haiz.. i guess i will headache very long le ...

Ann.. ur r/s with hubby Very long!! 12 years!!! GOOD!

suika

Ann,
if u've got alot of gold, y not u get those small type safe? in the long run save more money? mi not too sure bank charge hw much la...but i noe small safe a few hundred ba...n u save time running up n dwn the bank to take n return.....heehee later not free go take n bank closed den u'll hv headache liao lor :p

suika

Michelle,

den u more troublesome la, u wear ur MIL 1 during the 'jing cha' den ur parents side u change to ur mum's set den after that got buffet n mix ard time rite......u change to ur godmum's set lor

HAHAHA like that u wore all 3 sets to show all liao mah

cannot wear that for WG & EG lar....damn out 1 lor :p sorry if too blunt

xuer21

Hi suika... I ABSOULUTELY AGREE WITH U !!! its so out!! haiz.. but hor.. like this i become very busy with changing of jewellery instead of gowns!! haha. weird le.. blunt nvm i am very direct one ...
happy.gif

pannie

Hi Michelle.
My feel that same as Suika... but it won't take you much time.. and you only need to change to your kua at your MIL's place then no need to change liao mah.. till you go home and change back to normal clothing. Haha!!!

I can get Si dian Zhuan becos his mum told him to buy whatever i like.

12yrs ah.. like that loh.. I also dunno how we did it. Haha!!

Hi Suika.
The purpose of putting it in the bank safe is because if lost, got bank to claim back mah.. but if lost at house, then might be difficult. Haha!! My hubby checked up once with the bank.. cost less than $50 a mth. Me not too sure.

Bank closed down ah... maybe not ba... there's always some banks which no matter how lousy they are, they will never close down one. Haha!!

Hi Divasan.
Really no secret.. Maybe can say we just bear with each other loh.. learn to tolerate ba. Haha!!

xuer21

Hehe.. Ann.. really peifu u and ur hubby! hehe.. ppl already envy me and my hubby but now u better still!! Thumbs up!!! One moutain higher than one moutain!! hehe..

xuer21

By the way.. suika.. u mentioned wearing my MIL set during jing cha.. u mean together with the wedding gown???????? or with the kua? i tot kua is supposed to changed after the jing cha at hubby's side??

samanlyt

Hi Michelle

Haaaha Anytime! I'll be more than happy to help!
happy.gif
Depends on what songs u wanna, I can tell u which website to go to to get stream music to listen (cannot download). Or i see if I have the songs u wan. Not many la..u noe la...me ang moh songs idiot. :p
Errr...I did not take note of whose set to wear lei. I just wear the BS costume jewellery tats all.

Hi Ann

Haaaah I like retro stuff la. Think big big bangles with dragon & phoenix sounds cool!!! LOL Then can pass down to ur daughter and so on mah... :p

Hi suika

Dunno lei, me not a very jewellery person, onli wear my ROM ring & proposal ring. MIL give one ah...anyway the other time i wear for her to see, she din take notice lei..so a bit upset like she 'bo chup' like tat. So chuck them in cupboard lor.

bubblebell

Hi Ladies,
I just received email from Jamie for the preparation of Inviataion cards.
Novotel recommend Jasvy Marketing Agency for wedding cards selection.
But...
(1) is that the only printing shop to collect the invitation cards?
(2)Can we collect the cards frm them but print from other printer shop?
Cause most of the commends for this printer shop in the forum are negative! Hence I am souring for other printers.

funfun08

Ann>> both my FH and me oso cantonese.. the dragon n phoenix bangles is kind of blessing.. some more now yellow gold price so high.. by the time u pass down to ur next generation .. is a WOW to them liao..haha.. now HK got sell those fake one.. if u reli dun lik den actually can get those fake one.. but very nice.. hehe
I bought my Kua fr HK too.. =P golden n silver thread embroided. LOVE it!!
I more traditional kind of cantonese.. not lik my FH.. so lousy.. everyth oso cincai one.. haha..

Vanilla>> I met ur PG yday..he oso showed me ur photos..den i told him i know u.. wahaha..he said that u n ur hubby super nice person le!!
Can share wt me ur AD list and emcee speech.. hehe.. i scared next time u forgot then i cant ask u liao.. =P
I oso cantonese lik u.. alot of customs i tik shld be same as u.. yet.. i oso dunno one.. haha.. onli knew need the red umbrella.. haha.. but dunno cant look bac..
Did u buy long feng candles?
I found very nice one.. but havent buy yet.. hehe.. tempted..

Juz to share to all some of the GDL stuffs photos fr a HK webbie:
http://winleys.idv.st/ (click on the photo the coconut)

diva79

bubble-bell >> yup its the only printer for your card collection. but for printing of inserts..dun go to them as they are ex. I got mine inserts printed at $80 nett only for 250 inserts. so u can use it as a benchmark when u shop around for printers
happy.gif

bubblebell

Hi Divasan,
Thanks!
That means I can just go and collect from them the card but for printing I can go to other printer shop?

I also dun intend to find them for printing.
Btw, how we go and collect from them? Do we need to talk to Jamie first b4 we go and collect?
=)

diva79

bubble-bell >> u can contact the Jasvy directly using the contact jamie gave u. u dun have to let her know becoz we should alias with Jasvy directly.
happy.gif

pannie

Hi Michelle.
How long have you been with your hubby?

Hi Vanilla.
Good loh that you can accept retro stuff. I don't mind retro stuff but NOT yellow gold. Cannot take it.

Hi funfun.
Can't believe you are traditional. I don't mind if they give me but don't expect me to take out and wear after AD. I can't do it. I don't mind passing them down to my children though.

kriskris

Considering NCQ for my AD in Sep 08

can i have the contacts for their wedding coordinators? cun seem to get the contact from website