Noble House

royalelite

Hey all,

Just to tell you the roast chicken is actually the fav. among many pple. Went to a wedding dinner, the guys were actually 'fighting' over the chicken. When we mentioned NH to other people, the first thing they said was the roast chicken is very good.

Guess taste is something very subjective.

wenn

Hey Unice
happy.gif

I agree with u that taste is subjective. I like the chicken too when i attended my cousin's dinner at NH in 2001. But for my FT, the chicken wasn't seasoned evenly.... some parts are ok, some parts are very salty.... i guess that it has to do with the way that they hung the chicken for roasting....

wenn

Hey gals,
Some notes.... for the VIP tables, u will have 1 waiter to each VIP table but for ur guests' tables, it is 1 waiter to 2 tables.

We have requested that the waiters not to serve the fish dish into individual plates. Just let the guests help themselves cos we dun want the waiters to break the heads & tails off the fish... not very good lah
lame.gif

enge

Hi,

I'm new to this thread. Any idea when is NH next wedding fair? Their current package seem like not attrative.

Pls share ur info..") thanks

meagan

Hi everyone, I am considering to hold my banquet at Noble House. Anybody who attended a wedding dinner before recently? What's your comments?

Ex-brides who have hold your wedding there, can share with me your package. Did u manage to bargain for a hotel room?

Thanks a lot!!

zhuzhu

HI Meagan

Me attended a wedding recently at NH in Oct. There was some problems with their screen presentation. It seems that like when doing the trial run it was ok, then when the actual march in comes, the system was down. It took a while to fix so kind of embrassing for the couple to stand there and wait.
But i do like their first dish march in..really disco kind..food wise..i din really eat cos i was too tired helping my frend.

meagan

Hi zhuzhu, thanks for responding!

Can I clarify if it is the laptop or the projector that has the problem? I went to NH to speak with the NH sales person yesterday. She said they will provide the projector but we need someone to control the laptop.

Thanks!!

wenn

hi meagan,
just had my wedding at NH in nov. i played my montage & studio video using their DVD player.

everything was working fine that day & my guests like the food. we took the 500+ package & just bargained for cheaper corkage. they oso provided free flower stands & candle stands. there is a dressing room provided but no hotel stay
happy.gif

meagan

Hi Jan, thanks. Hmm, I seem to get conflicting answers on the food. Some of my frens said it's fantastic, and some said it's not good. Think I will go down to sample personally, but then the dishes might be different for banquet.

Hi wenn, thanks for sharing. =) Yep, I saw the flower stands and candles. Quite nice! in fact, I think they renovated the place recently right? Looks nicer. I like the reception area to the left of the lift lobby, at least not so crammed.

You took the deluxe package? I am thinking of taking superior, but will change some of the items eg fresh prawns, dessert etc.

flowee

hi meagan

flo held my weddin @ nh this yr in sep...
so far there's gd comments on the food n also the deco...
food is my main concern when it comes 2 my weddin dinner...
tats the reason i had settled nh over the other the restaurants...

tunglok grp r pretti well known 4 their weddin packages...
u might wana 2 check out their website 4 more infor on their restaurants...
hv fun with ur weddin preps...
happy.gif

wenn

hi meagan,
they renovated the place recently? i dun thing so... i only know that they will change the table and stage decor yearly
happy.gif

yes, we took the deluxe package as the superior one looks very simple lor... not sure if they would charge for changing dishes. my guests said that the portions are very huge and most of them couldn't finish wat they were given :p

BTW, the sharksfin soup at the VIP tables is better than the guest tables... thicker pieces of sharksfin
wink.gif

Like flowee, we chose NH for it's food too!

zhuzhu

HI Meagan
Its the projector screen i think. My frend bought their laptop but cannot find certain plug..so use NH laptop...then need a frend to on the montage lor..

meagan

Thanks for all the comments! Me and fiance have decided, think we will book NH becos we liked the place and the price is quite reasonable. Hope everything will turn out well.

mandy99

hi meagan

when is the date you are looking at? it will be better if you book during their fair as they will give freebies

meagan

hi mandy, my date is on 5 Dec 04. Yeap, i heard they had a fair at suntec. The sales mgr gave us the same perks even tho I din booked it at the fair.

Are you having yours at NH too?

popie

hi everyone,
i am new to this thread. call me lynne. =)
saw in meagan's entry that there is a fair by NH at suntec? you know when is the next one coming? n where exactly in suntec is this fair? cos me also interested in having my banquet at one of the tung lok restaurants. want to find out more.

enge

Hi, Lynne!

Tunglok will having wedding show on the 10.01.04. U may call John at 62701214 for details($18/pax)

Hi, Maegan!

I went to NH wedding fair at Suntec but the package they offered are nothing diff. fm they original package. May i know what kind perks they given to u? thx

andreal

Hi flowee and wenn!!
great to cya both here, mi Peppermint fr FBO keke.

Wana ask u all, wad kinda perks dat we can bargain/get fr. the fair which is additional fr the direct booking at Noble Hse?

For deluxe package, the +++ behind the price is act. hw much?

I will only be holding my customary in sep 2005, so wonder when is the earliest time i can book my banquet?? I hv to wait for NB to release their 2005 price rite? and anyone know when will dat be?

keke...sorry for being so long-winded.

andreal

What i wana ask here will be abit side track..hope u gerls dun mind.

Wana know anyone here ever been/held any wedding at Pine Valley Restaurant (inside Laguna Country Club) which is under TungLok as well??
Like to hear yr comments abt the food and ambience.
happy.gif

popie

Hi Enge!
thanks for the info. has already taken note of that. hmm..but must pay one ah? what do you get to see that the show? got food tasting too? any personalised consultants there we can talk to? if for $18 can get to taste the food and see all the things they have to offer, not bad lor.

wenn

Hi andreal, aka peppermint

i din bargained for much... only reduced wine corkage..

i think,
+++ = 10%+1%+5% (10% is service charge, 1% is govt tax & 5% is for the GST next year)

Pine Garden was formally Grand Pavilion at Chinese Swimming Club b4 they undergo renovations. The food was good there but i haven't tried it at Pine Garden now.

enge

Hi, Lynne!
The wedding show is organize by Tunglok + bridal shop.no food tasting, only $18 leh...

hi, andreal
for noble house only has 2 plus (1% cess + 5% gst).but i not sure for the rest of the tunglok group restaurant.

hi, wenn!
can u share the package details you got? thx

meagan

hi mandy, yeah you are a NH bride too! Yeap, i am looking forward to my banquet too, but it's a year away! Which menu you thinking of having? I am thinking of superior, but exchange some items.

hi lynne, i heard abt the fair from my frens. The next tunglok fair is in jan. Can get the form from this month's Her World.

hi enge, in addition to the package on the website, we got extra 5% off per table (weekend), free seat covers, and no wine corkage charge. I think on weekdays, the discount is 10 or 15%. Hmm that's all i can remember.

mandy99

Hi Meagan

we have not decided which menu to take. but understand from veron that to change the items in the menu will cost quite a lot and she advice us to instead upgrade to the next level.

Have you started selecting your bridal studio and actual day photographer?

wenn

hi enge,
my package is the as the one on the website
happy.gif

we only bargained for cheaper wine corkage. seat covers, guest scroll, wedding favours & deco are provided FOC. my package also has 1 free bottle of wine for every 5 confirmed tables.

our total banquet cost was around 15K & we made a some profit too.

popie

hi enge.
i jus dun understand what is the $18 for u see. the show must have something which justifies the need to pay $18 to go to it. sorry, not being "ngiaw", jus wan to noe wat's installed b4 going.

thanks meagen,
think i'll go get a copy of tis mths Her World then.

cheerful_gal

Helo,

I attended a friend's wedding on 9 Feb 2004 at Noble House. You have to get your own MC as the MC provided by them sound weird when they talk as they were Malaysians. Also must make sure that you try out their HI FI sound system becos something went wrong during my friend's 2nd march in. Dun know if it is due to the CD or their HI FI System.

Food was okay.

mahjong

Hey there,

Anyone recently went for their dinner?? Care to share?

Went there to take a look and quite like the place in fact.

Cheers,
Matthew

pageup

hi mahjong,

I had my wedding dinner @ noble hse just recently.
My guests complimented the food and banquet hall setup was quite nice.

The only problem is the hall might be a bit cramp if you have more than 30 tables of guests.

mahjong

Hey Pageup,

I am thinking of around 35 tables and to open up the VIP rooms. I have been there and quite like the place.

Which menu did you take up??

Cheers,
Matthew

pageup

Hi Matthew,

The interior of the VIP rooms are very classy. The only problem is you can't really see the activity in the main hall.

We have a total of 38 tables and have to open up the whole stretch of VIP rooms at one side. Our parents have their friends, vegetarians and muslims guests in those rooms and they seems to be perfectly contented with that arrangement
happy.gif

we took the $600 plus per table package.. but we top up a bit more by changing a couple of dishes to herbal-drunken prawns (this is yummy) and abalone slice. But my favorite dish is still the scallops which I think is stirred fried with bit of sambal.. yum yum

Overall, my guests feedback that the food is good, some thinks that it is much better than the food at a certain 5* hotel where they attended another friend's wedding dinner (also recently).
proud.gif

When is your wedding?
If you want a weekend, you need to book fast.. Noble house is very popular among wedding couples though it is only a resturant

mahjong

Hey Pageup,

My wedding will be somewhere next year. Have to wait for Tong Shu to be released before deciding on the date though. It's definately a weekend though so have to act fast.

Thanks for the info and did you make any profit from the dinner??

Cheers,
Matt

josie

Hi everyone ,

Can someone share with me package of noble house ?Can we just walk in to view the resturant just like that ? Having a hard time to search for banquet ...hope you guys can help !!! Thank you .

Email : [email protected]

mandy99

Hi Josie,

you may want to view their menu on www.tunglok.com
the menu is slightly different from last year's menu.

Matthew: you may want to check the shop opposite the goddess of mercy temple(at bugis)... understand the shop always have tong shu first...

mandy

pageup

Hi Matthew,

If you aren't concern about the 'clashing' of the zodiac sign and all other complicated stuffs, you may want to check out this site for the date
http://mindcity.sina.com

We got our date from this site way before the tongshu is out. The info matches well with the printed tongshu

wenn

sigh, NH is really hot! my colleague just told me this morning that a sunday slot they want for this december is booked liao...

meagan

Hi i will be having my wedding dinner at NH this Dec. We booked the min package - abt $500 per table, but we will be topping up or exchange some dishes.

If you have not tried their food, can go eat their ala carte buffet first. It s$28+++ per pax for dinner, weekdays/weekends. Some food in the wedding banquet, ike the scallops and chicken are in the buffet. Agree with page-up that the scallops are v nice, big and a bit spicy. We had two helpings of it during the buffet! Other food items are very nice too, quite a good deal for alacarte buffet.

coven

hi hi!! i definitely hands up on NH's food! we had them for our ROM lunch- ala carte buffet lunch. the servings are large and food fresh! the sashimi and soft shell crabs are good too... *drooling*

hi josie!
biggrin.gif

of coz u can walk in la! they r at the 6th flr.

mahjong

Hey all,

So who u all usually speak to about the package? If I am not wrong, sat and sun for whole month of Dec is fully booked.

Seems like my mind is quite set on NH...

Cheers

wenn

hi matthew,
i normally speak to Veron or Amy. my choice of 14 nov 03 was taken. a couple of months later, the couple cancelled it & then we "chope" it but have to pay another deposit of $1k
happy.gif

pageup

hi matthew,

If you are going to contact them within these few days, you got to contact Veronica as Amy is on maternity leave.

happy.gif

mahjong

Hey there..

Thanks for the info.. How abt Julia?? So what freebies did you all negotiate for? No Hotel stay, so where did you all go after the dinner?

wenn

hi matthew,
we negotiated for extra bottles of wine which were given FOC for every 5 tables & cheaper wine corkage.

no hotel stay, we went back home to sleep. afterall, we did the an chuang, so should sleep in our matrimonial bed. oso minimise the chances of sabo from xiongdis & jiemeis
lol.gif

mahjong

Hi Wenn,

Just to check on how many barrels of beer did you all get?? How much was the total cost?

How was the food on tt day?? Did u all have many outside diners on tt day which disturbed and peeked in?

Cheers,
Matthew

wenn

Hi matthew,
my package comes with 1 barrel of beer free. extra barrel is $380 nett (can't rem how many litres though) besides our 1 barrel, another 1.5 barrels were opened. paiseh, dun have the total cost as we misplaced the receipt.

actually quite surprised that another 1.5 barrels of beer was opened. but i think it's becos we restricted the wine to be opened once dinner starts. so, i still have 10 bottles of wine left. but at least i can save on corkage & still bring the wines home & enjoy them slowly
lol.gif

we took the deluxe package. our guests like the food very much & the quantity was huge. at least nobody complained that they din have enough. the muslim & vegetarian food has gotten the thumbs up from my guests. for the muslim food, we requested for those with halal cert. if not, they will just cook it in their kitchen lor.

not many outside diners. there were about 3 groups and they were placed in the VIP karaoke rooms. they din really peeked in. just glance at us on their way to the washroom. quite ok with us
happy.gif

ckgirlgirl

Hi everyone!
happy.gif

Been so long since i been here. Now so happening!
happy.gif

Hi & Hello wenn
happy.gif

i be having half vegetarian menu and half non vegetarian menu. Do you still have your vegetarian menu? can i find out more from you?
happy.gif

Hi pageup,

Just to check with you, regarding the songs, was it chosen by NH?

I heard comments regarding their sound system. How is it?