Neo Garden Catering

lyn6305

<font color="119911">I visited Delihub Catering's website and find the price abt the same as Neo Garden. Even the menu looks similar.
happy.gif
</font>

pringirl

ordered neo garden for our 1st round of housewarming - very good. hence, we ordered delihub (sister company) for our 2nd round of housewarming cos got malay colleagues. even took the premium package but regretted! food came in almost an hour early, and collection was 4 hours behind schedule. the prawns were not fresh, and servings were small. did not enjoy the food at all!

whiteveil

tried both neogarden and delihub. food, presentation and service great for neogarden but delihub was really disappointing. food was cold and they came too early before scheduled.

elven_princess

Neo Garden &amp; Delihub is shared by the same boss. Delihub is their HALAL caterer. I had neogarden for my housewarming &amp; the food was good! =)

iceblue27

hi ppl, can tel me which menu u ppls choose, i saw the ala carte one no include drink de leh, its at extra cost, hmm

thesamboras

Hi, for some of you who've used Neo Garden, care to share how does the set up look?

E.g.
Skirting colour?
Was the food served in presentable looking trays?
Was the floral arrange nice? Modern or 'Cheena'?
Do they have other added service such as finer utencils/glasses instead of disposable ones?

sillydolphin

I'm kind of looong distance relative of the boss... though kind of 'related' but i really do think that their food standard and presentation is there... no doubts about it. i have recommended this to my company function and private function, all ppl think the food is nice. even their halal range. so dun worry about, just check it out. ;) oh i'm gg to get their catering for my wedding day ceremony lunch...

lcsching

Hi all,
I just had my church wedding 2 weeks ago but went for honeymoon straight after so was only able to post some comments now that I am back in sg.

For my church wedding, I had chosen Neo Garden to do a supreme high tea for 100 people. We had gone thru a number of caterers (including Mum's Kithen, Rasel) before deciding on Neo Garden. Main reasons for picking Neo Garden are:
1. Affordable
2. Delicious food. Neo Garden provided free food tasting when requested and from this food tasting, we verified forumites' comments that the food is good. The food might not be something fanciful like Seafood Pasta Augratin Carbonara) but it is indeed delicious.
3. Nice presentation. The presentation might not be luxurious and unique but we find it nice and decent.

Before the actual day, Neo Garden contacted us again and asked to see the venue, to introduce the person-in-charge and to discuss final details. We like their initiative and we find ourselves more reassured after the meeting.

On the actual day, Neo Garden was punctual (actually early) and set up everything as discussed. We did not get to try the food (as expected for bridal couple) but our guests (especially the old folks) told us the food was really good. This was sort of proven by the almost cleared up food - only some rice and bee hoon are left. I did get to try the fruit punch, which was still nice and cold even at the end of the reception.

Overall, my HB and I do not regret choosing Neo Gardens and are very glad indeed with our choice. Will definitely recommend Neo Gardens to those who want a simple, affordable and delicious reception.

maple_leaves

Hi Key,

Saw ur positive comments abt them. Intend to engage them for my ROM in 2 weeks time.
Just wondering hw is the portion of the food?? Do they serve a huge portion?

lcsching

Hi maple, I didn't really get a chance to be there at the beginning of the reception so I did not see for myself the size of the portion. I reached there only towards the end when most of the food is already gone. According to Neo Garden, the portion of food given out is according to head count i.e. don't expect huge portion.

lapcoat

dun worry i think u just ask them to give u that discount. their boss quite ok guy... old sch beng type. can discuss and bro with him one..

guessisabel

issit? but when i call, only got female operater...no ah beng take my call leh...hehhe....they die die no give discount oso wor

mixue79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, we have read many good feedbacks abt Neo Garden......but Neo Garden is abit expensive..... nonetheless, we are considering Foodtalks, Meihao99 and Neo Garden Buffet Catering.

Appreciate ur honest feeback abt the 3 caterers. Pls share some photos if any.

Hv shortlist the following caterers -

1. Foodtalks ($10.80/ 11 courses include drink- 30pax) http://www.foodtalks.com.sg/index.php

2. Meihao99 ($12/ 10 courses include drink- 25pax) http://www.meihao99.com.sg/

3. Neo Garden ($12.99/ 9 courses include drink- 30pax) http://www.neogarden.com.sg/

Thanks.
Michelle

snow_angel

I have tried it for my friend's house warming last month. Food is still good except that the quantity is getting lesser and not sufficient for the guests. She had 38 guests and ordered for 40 pax and still insufficient.

c_liling

Hi,

I have used Neo Gardens catering for my AD buffet lunch. Though i only order 30 pax, they did up a very nice deco and there are enough food. They are punctual and food is nice. We order the International menu as we dun wanna repeat chinese menu served at night.

snow_angel

Seriously, I don't know why the thread (complaint about Neo Garden) has been deleted.

Anyway, I am going to post here to inform everyone.

Here's my complaint about Neo Garden. I am disappointed with how Neo Garden works and operates. Firstly, it's slow response. Secondly which makes me really disappointed is the rates increment that they are trying to squeeze from me just because my catering falls on 31 Dec (morning).

Here's my email to them on 23 Nov 2009 and up till now, no response from them.

Second email:

"To The Management,

I am totally disappointed with how the management and organisation works.

I have been getting calls by your staff that there was an increment.

First call: My requested date and order was not applicable for the discount. (Fine, I will still place my order after asking whether it’s weekday rate and get a positive reply)

Second call: My order was not applicable for the weekday rate and the weekend rate shall apply

Third call: The weekend rate was not even applicable for my order. And I have to pay additional $1 on top of the Excellence Package.

I am angry with the increment after each and every call and I am not sure everyone does not like it. It seems that you do not treasure and value your customers by squeezing in every penny that you are able to earn from a customer. I understand that your staff was very apologetic about it and she had done her best to help. But I am truly angry are the quick changes made by the management and she informed me that it’s subjected to management’s changes as placed in the website. However I did not see any terms and conditions in Neo Garden website and even if there is, does that means that even if I order from Neo Garden, my menu will also be subjected to changes by the management?

I am terribly angry with how Neo Garden works. If that is how it works, I can inform my relatives and write in forums regarding about this matter. I don’t mind paying extra if the staff in Neo Garden tells me straight to the point about the price increment or write clearly in the website. The negative points are as below:

1. Slow response after ordering from your website.

2. Your staff didn’t even know about whether the promotion was applicable.

3. Your staff informed me about the multiple increments and said that it’s subjected to the management’s decision to increase since it falls on 31 Dec 2009 even in the morning.

4. In the website, there wasn’t any notification to the customers that there isn’t any discount on public holiday eve.

5. I have seen the deadline regarding about the promotion therefore I gave a call to your staff to check whether the promotion is valid if I order before the deadline but catering after the deadline. And I have been given a “Yesâ€.

6. Your staff seems like they are not well-educated by the Management in how the promotion and packages work or else I won’t be always getting a response that they need to check with the management.

7. It’s unfair to me by saying that I have not paid money so my order is still subjected to changes. But there are too many price changes and every customer would definitely be angry about the multiple price changes.

If your staff has informed me straight to the point and the website has written clearly, all these problems and frustrations would not have occurred.

Regards,
xxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First email:

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:05 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Complaint of slow response

To whom it may concern,

I have ordered from the website for Neo’s Excellence (Package B $12.99 menu) on 12 November 2009. After waiting for 3 days which it states that Neo Garden will call me within two days, I had given a call to enquire about my booking and the ordering person said that she will give me a call to confirm the early bird discount since mine falls on 31 Dec 2009. However, your website doesn’t state that there isn’t any discount on public holiday eve. Furthermore, mine is in the morning. The only terms and conditions that I have seen is “Weekdays promotion - Monday to Friday (exclude Public Holidays)†for the $12.99 menu.

Response has been slow from the start of the day when I ordered online. I have waited for 2 more days (total of 5 days) but the ordering personnel has not given me any reply. I was terribly disappointed as Neo Garden was highly recommended by my relatives and these crop up especially I need to cater this for my relatives on my wedding day in the morning.

I am looking for a response soon."

chootobe

Oh no.. that is really bad service.
I was planning to engage NEO GARDENS for my housewarming as well as AD morning as my mom-in-law has always ordered from them for CNY. Now the whole family also orders from Neo Garden for other events e.g. gatherings or xmas parties etc.

Overall, I find the food very good (tried both Chinese and western / international) but I'm not the one to order the food so I'm not sure about the service.

So did you go for Neo Garden in the end? Did they compensate or apologize??

bedazzle_me

i've ordered Neo Garden a couple of times for company events and never had any problems with them. I like their fried beehoon best!

missyling

ordered Neo garden mini buffet and Neo deluxe few mth back for my wedding. Thumb up for them. The co-o was very friendly in giving us advise and encourage us not to take similar dishes so that we can have different taste. Portion was HUGE.. even though we had many big eaters ard.

The person doing delivery was olso on time on both trip.

Till dated, many are still saying their foods are nice when they compared with others.

The cereal fish is nice for a change, butter prawns oso not bad. They love the curry and the honey dew sago.

missyling

The mini buffet had no set up. It came in those tabao container. Foods were still lukewarm.

The actual day buffet set up is very simple style.

i had some pictures.. let me find the pictures out.. will upload .. gimme some time to load it.

missyling

lelaine: yeap most of the set up are just normal kind unless you are willing to pay more to ask ppl to do it OR its those big wedding style. For normal home catering, nothing to expect more.

midnightsun83

I had deliberated between Four Seasons and Neo Garden for home catering for my wedding in the day. I struggled because while Neo Garden is hugely popular, there is a fair number of negative reviews as well. On the other hand, Four Seasons has a celebrity chef to boot.

Eventually i settled on Neo Garden though it was more expensive because they have a kitchen in the West, close to where i stay, so i reasoned that chances of being late or screwing up real badly was low. And i was right. Although the corridor to my apartment is narrow, they managed to set up 9 dishes nicely with a not-lame-at-all large center flowerpiece for decoration. The food was delicious, with special mention for curry chicken, pineapple rice and custard puff. The quantity is enough as well.

I will definitely patronize Neo Garden again.