My Dream Wedding

cocoabun

i was served by a lady who came from the hk hq and she said nov is jus nice. most of the hk couples take their photoshoot in nov. i quickly booked a date liao cos most of the dates are taken up already, esp the weekends..

my ad is targetted to be next yr may or june but not yet fixed.. what really attracted me was the photography in hk.. hehe..

concert

Taiwan not bad too. That shop has nice gowns, but more pricey, cos no discount at the moment..unlike the opening launch of MDW. Maybe I will sign up for MDW and target Nov too. Went to do some chks on historical weather pattern.. nov seems ok.. less rainfall.

Wonder who is going before nov.. heard the yachtes are alreadi fully booked till aug. Only one yacht trip per day.

concert

Typhoon i thought its from may - aug ?
By the way, anyone tot of not going for the yacht but the kowloon outdoor photoshoot instead?

vantay

i oso thought so but the HK website say is from May to Nov... i was like huh...

see how the weather like 1st lor... mayb can discuss if the weather not good for yacht, can change to 2 locations in HK... if i can remember, is indicate in the package either yacht or 2 locations rite...

cocoabun

ya, the package is either for yacht or 2 locations.. hmmm.. maybe when i go for the consultation, i will confirm with them whether nov is really a good month to go for photoshoot? but the lady did tell me that most of the HK couples take their photoshoot in nov.. hmmm...

cocoabun

target to go in probably sept.. seems quite late to confirm whether it is a good month to take photoshoot.. haha..

but when i booked for nov for photoshoot, most of the dates are already taken up, only left all the weekdays and around 8 days to choose from..

cocoabun

but when i chose the date, i did not tell them that i will be taking the yacht.. so am not sure if they have booked a slot for me..

concert

Hi cocoabun, which other bridal shops u went to see see look look ?

I think Nov should be fine.. nearing the end of the season.. and coming winter, should not have much BIG winds *fingers crossed*

But if its raining, they can postpone the date to the following day or so.. provided u're still staying in HK !

cocoabun

Hi Kodomo!

I didn't visit much bridal shops.. I had always wanted to visit HK so when I got to know that MDW have their HQ in HK, I quickly signed up with them for the photography package.. Haha..

I also think that Nov is quite ok.. Saw the website by Vanessa, it indicated that Nov is one of the months with the least rainfall and with quite an acceptable temperature of 21 degrees.. I guess it will be like in an aircon room.. As long as there is no strong wind blowing, don't think it would be extreme cold..

Think better stay back a few days more after the targetted photoshoot day JUST IN CASE.. Haha..

concert

cocabun - so u not planning to rent ur gown from them on actual day...? got other lobang ? Im sure u want to stay a few days more after photoshoot.. for holidays and some shopping =P

sunflower_d

HI All,

Seen like very intereting in this new open HK base bridal shop
happy.gif

I was interest in their $5688 package. Hmm what does it EXCLUDE when going to HK for photoshoot? (eg. local tpt for outdoor shoot, accomodation, meals, air tickets, taxes, etc etc.)

As now doing budgeting so hope some1 can enlighten me more
happy.gif

have a nice day
happy.gif

vantay

Hi Daphne, i think you had mentioned all that i can oso think of too... lets see what others think...
have you sign the package already?

celinetan

Dear gals,

It's been a while since I last logged in. Sorry abt it.

To Vanessa, I'm going in Mid Nov too.

To Cocobun, which date have you blocked?

That's 1 thing I'm quite worried, if everyone's going in Nov, will it be hectic and quality turn out to be not as good as usual?

In fact, I was also comparing with Julia Wedding News, because I saw from mags that their pics turn out great and they are the only official local BS to be tied up with taiwan's BS.

However, I chose MDW, not sure if it's impulse or gut to follow my heart. Though over our budget, but I dun have deep regrets thus far.

I only wish their service can continue to be better and comfortable to match their price.

celinetan

It's getting crowded in here and I love it. Vanessa, I'll be going down for the "interview" or consultation 1 mth before.

I've been actively sourcing for AD videographers and photgraphers. Any good VG? I need someone who is very good, no need expensive ones, but must be flexible and good at holding ht videocams.

My actual day is 8th May 2009, Friday at Furama Riverfront. My lovenest is at Bt Panjang, near my parent's place.

I'm so excited now. I just purchased my wedding bands from Lee Hwa. Do you think it is better to buy costume jewellery or boutique jewellery?

Cheers,

Celine

vantay

Welcome back, Celine... \(^_^)/

I know a good photographer but not Videographer, sorry, cant help u much...

hmmm... it seems like my date compare with you all is the most late one... cos mine is on the 17th of Oct 2009... :p

cocoabun

Hi Celine!

I booked 20 Nov 08 for photoshoot. How about you?

I was told that the package excludes air tickets and accomodation. But I was thinking, do we have to pay extra for the car which will be driving us to Sai Kung for the photoshoot?

vantay

Hi Cocoabun,

Based on what i know is that is included in the package for the transport to the location for the photo shots...

but is better to ask and confirm with them again...

concert

Hi guys.. one more into the forum. Seems like I have made the "right decision" to set up the forum.. haha. But so far no GUYS !

Yup, I have asked them before too, the transport is their "company transport".. so no need to pay.. supposedly. They said sometimes for lunch, the crew very gd too.. treat u.. haha.

Another thing I like is their albums... the exterior quality of the album seems to be nicer than some other big BS in Spore.

Are there any local BS tied up with HK BS too..? Not too sure at the moment. JWN I like too.. but they use film camera.. so less "computer effect" to be done to ur photos I thought.

Cocabun - Nah I have not gone to HK for holidays before.. only for work
sad.gif
so havent really explored HK.. so would be great to explore it !

perfect_moment

Celine Tan .

You can this videographer . Injack Studio.
Jacky Hp: 96694588
His package for VG is about $1000 for full day services and express highlight

celinetan

Hi Cocoabun,

I booked for 10th Nov for fitting anf 11th for photoshoot...3 days thereafter for holidays and shopping.

The transport is inclusive, no need pay for it.

Yes, I agree that MDW's album is very exclusive and better than bigger BS in SG.

Hey gals, when is a good time to book my flight tix to HKG?

Cheers,
Celine

yy79

My gf and me had jus take up the 5688 package today. It is the first bridal shop we went to.. My girl likes the photos too much le.. hehe.. We will be gg to choose the ROM dress in July. Our photo shoot shd be next yr feb or mar.

Guess the package is pretty much the same 5k, 35poses, 50 thank you cards. One things good is the services provided.

celinetan

Hi Kenneth,

We have a guy here finally in theis forum! haha...

Yes, their service is good. You were served by?

By the way, what's your receipt number? Let us keep track on how many invoices they have opened thus far...

Cheers,
Celine

concert

Hmm..seems like everybody here so far planning for nov... nobody before tht..? so we can have a feel how it is like =P

vantay

Hi Shilin,

For my point of view, i feel that is better to book at least 3 months before the date that you intend to go... it seems like u will be the 1st who travel to HK for the photo shots...
cant wait to hear more from you abt the experiences and advise in HK...

celinetan

Hi Vanessa,

Yes, I will book early. But, not sure from which medium should I book? Thru Jetstar? Thru travel agencies or MISA?

I've been researching on the hotels & airfares promos. In fact, Nov is a peak season as tourists from all over the world are flooding in, year end ma...the hotel prices r steep then.

I will try to be smart...dun wanna end up like a fool in HKG. First, I can't speak cantonese. I can ah gar ah gar umderstand. Plus my bf is those bo chap...everything leave it to me de...stressed...

Cheers,
Celine

yy79

Hi Celine,

We were served by Gordon and 2 ladies, they were all very nice esp the 2 ladies very sincere. We were in the shop for more than 3 hours and kanna parking ticket (didnt expect to be there for so long)

U need not know cantonese in HK. Chinese will do.. Was there last yr wif my gf and we stay in YMCA international. Not bad and room size is ok and location is very good. MTR jus 5min.. lotsa nice eatery nearby.. can consider staying there. i tink HK no need book through travel agency.. unless they can give u better deal. Book separate is easy and convenient.

Me and my gf is looking forward next year to HK.. miss the food there. haha

concert

Silin,

The link I posted earlier on is by Misa.. if u go by misa, its via cathay, but the prices there shown are excluding taxes. I have used misa before for my other country trip.

But if u on budget, and don't mind budget airline go for jetstar. I have taken jetstar to Bangkok recently.. its fine for short distant trips (like few hrs plane ride).

Travel agencies i think generally more exp. Try asking MDW where is their photoshooting shop and see where the hotels are nearby.

Yes, indeed oct-nov is peak season.. but strangely i realised towards mid-end nov, hotel rm prices dropped. Think ur photoshoot date hit the peak season.. u know.. after the golden week in oct.

Haha.. dun be stressed.. planning is fun.. part and parcel.. get ur bf to pay more $ then.. since he not planning *joking*

concert

Kenneth - which YMCA u stayed in..? Think there are two in HK ..? I looked at YMCA prices... seems affordable too.. < $150

yy79

Hi Kodomo, i stay the one in Jordan. YMCA International House. That is a hotel not a hostel.. Friendly staff and yes the price is ard there.. There is 2 parts in the hotel, ask for the rooms in the tower, which is newer. the room size is also abit bigger.

Go try the Dim Sum at One Peking. Chao Inn. Dim Sum is veree good and is 1/2 price at certain hours (aft 11am).. Must TRY!!
happy.gif

yy79

To be more exact it is at the Waterloo Road at Kowloon. The MTR station is Jordan. Last time i booked through Zuji cos got the UOB discount.

vantay

hmmm... as for me, cos i have company rate so i will book the Renaissance Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong for my HK stay... the $ is abt the same cost as YMCA which might be $20 slightly higher...

shilin, you may try http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/attraction/itinerary/index.html to plan for yr HK... this can treat as a guideline for yr planning... they even show you how to reach the places of interest... quite useful...

as for airticket, i think i will take jetstar cos is much cheaper and the trip is not very long so still can tolerate to take budget airline... :p

cocoabun

Wao~ A few days didn't come online and there are so many comments! I'm also still researching on how to book hotels and air tickets. Does travel agency have packages for free and easy and includes air fare and hotel accomodation?

Celine: Hmmm? You booked 10th for fitting and 11th for ps? I thought it should be 9th for fitting, 10th for alteration of gowns and 11th for ps? Mine is 18th for fitting, 19th for alteration and 20th for ps oh..

yy79

Wow so good got company rate.. Renaissance Kowloon under marriot group? near the sea rite.. so good. can help us take co rate too?? keke..

YMCA is near MTR station, jus cross the road make a right turn and that is the mtr (jordan) station.

vantay

yap, is under marriot group. i oso wish to help u to take co rate but too bad, the staff have to be staying in the hotel. sorry.

cocoabun, maybe you can try www.zuji.com.sg or www.asiarooms.com or www.tripadvisor.co.uk for more info on the hotel rate and airticket rate.
these fews are quite not bad based on feedbacks. i din use their services cos i have co rate which i do not require a free and easy package for both air and hotels.

concert

Aiyaya.. i just checked with my co. .. only special rate at HK Island...
sad.gif
Exp
sad.gif
Cannot imagine Renaissance Kowloon after corp rate is almost same as YMCA *envious too*

Cocabun - mine only for 2 days too.. fitting cum alteration one day, and PS another day. They told me alteration maybe 2 hrs or so... unless its major alteration. U requested another day for alteration ?

Kenneth - We also kena parking ticket.. $20.. sigh.. can claim from MDW or not...

I've booked several times from asiaroom before.. seems cheaper than Zuji.. but sometimes the hotel website can be cheaper too.. and comes with breakfast. But I think should not be a problem to find own breakfast (and nice ones) in HK.

vantay

ya... me too heard that 1st day is to select the gowns and they will do the alteration on the same day... 2nd day is to take the photo shots...

to those who are flying on nov, i think you might need to book early as fuel $ keep increasing like water flow... -_-'''

me have to wait cos i fly on next year jan... :-(

celinetan

Hi Cocoabun,

I'm nt mistaken. I was being told that fitting on day 1 and PS the day aft. Nvm...I can call them to double-check.

Thks guys...I will look thru the websites provided. How to go to the hotel from HKG? Taxi is ex...train or coach better?

Cheers,
Celine

celinetan

Woah...stayed in for 3 hrs? That say was a friday. I saw fatimah checking cars to cars. I think that street is very popular for fine booking. Coz got many walk-ins and customers ma...

Actually nxt time shd ask MDW staff to help us keep a lookout for fatimah.

I think tmr i'll drop by MDW to check out with them and suan bian check out their gowns.

Cheers,
Celine

yy79

Celine, no need take cab from Airport to Hotel. take the airport express train to hongkong or kowloon depending where u stay then change to mtr or cab is cheaper.

If u stay in YMCA, u can take coach but u need to know the exact location else might walk the opp direction or u can ask ard (in chinese oso can) they are quite helpful. MTR is good but some exit no escalator.

Btw did they tell u gals wat will happen if really bad weather and cannot go out in yatch/outdoor. I'm very worried on this. Bad weather.. Super Sian.. My last year trip almost every day rain except the day i went disneyland. So my trip photos are mostly gloomy weather.
sad.gif

prissie_tan

Hello to all,

found this thread, while trying to find the Mona Lisa Bridal Studio in Sg.
Juz to check, are the sales staff pushy?
I'm also interested in the $5688 package, can any1 advise what will be the additional charges, if we topup photos?
Read from other BS threads that ppl tend to topup up to 60poses and that cost a bomb...