Max coil mattress.. Heard before??

karine82

I went IMM ysterday and try on the Maxcoil Orthopedic latex mattress.
According to the salesman there, he say tat the Maxcoil Orthopedic latex mattress that we try does not have any spring. There are all latex inside and he also added latex will be good for weather like singapore (warm), becoz latex makes the whole bed cooler... is it true?

the price he quoted me is about 1480 .... EX?? I feel tat is very ex...
sad.gif
Should I continue look around dun take action too fast?

silverwolf82

I heard there a shop call cheap mattress centre. My friend just got a Latex Mattress from them. Wow...is only 2000 come w a bedfame of your choice.

silverwolf82

OMG... I heard tat mattrium atrium no more carrying the mattress brand @ SEVERUS anymore. Rumours say tat the boss owe the supplier a lot lot money. So they stop supplying them. I wonder ppl who have buy and not deliver yet what will happen ???? Rite now the shop change another brand called " LOTUS " from China...

karine82

Hey silver, can check with ur friend is it @ 565 MacPherson Rd #02-00 Singapore 368234???

what brand they carry???

silverwolf82

yap....there a new branch over at 38a jalan pemimpin too. There a saleman in charge there. Their price is very competitive. No harm go there have a try b4 commit to others. Cheers

samlimse

I had just bought an Oasis Lifestyle True Rest mattress from Cheap Mattress Centre for just SGD$670. Just received it today and it seems alright.

josh_tay

38a jalan pemimpin; i went there yesterday.
I got the Wonderest Royal Beauty collection.

Here's a little more information for good hearted people here.

From my research from several sources, Maxcoil is the main distributor for several brands in Singapore, for example Severus and Wonderest. All these brands, materials are imported into Singapore and assembled in Singapore. Hence the Cheaper price.
If u search the net for Wonderestin Australia, the series they make are not the same ones selling here. I even emailed Wonderest main office in Australia to check if all is well. They mentioned the products are not made by them However they do not have any problem in Maxcoil or even "Cheap mattress" to sell with their branding. I went to test mattress in several places like Courts and Harvey Norman. In fact, the feel is similar for locally made Wonderest and Sealy Posturepedic serie. I would not recommend taking cheap ones if u have backache problem which u will need posturepedic types to help support. For comfort i think locally made ones are still a good pick. Unless u Prefer branded Ones.
happy.gif

trying999

I just got 2 sets of my wonderest sheraton elite super single with bedframe for $1800 from cheap mattress centre. Its at 565 Macpherson Road. Anyone find it reasonably priced?

jiaxian

expo had mattress fair. I try the Maxcoil Posture care suite.. Seem nice. the final price they quote is 1700.. It is with 4 inches of natural latex and individual pocket spring.

Is it exp?

silverwolf82

Can go to tat shop called cheap mattress centre at 38a jalan pemimpin to check out the price. Few of my friends had a good bargain from the boss there. Cheers

silverwolf82

> HI Karine.. so wat happen to your latex mattress? Tis mattress should be a combi mixture of latex and tat y u will have a softer feeling on top layer...

serrich

Hi silverwolf,

Thanks for the contact. I have been to Jalan Pemimpin to check the prices before.. ;) I got another recommendation from my fren to buy from Dreamzzz.

I compared the prices and finally bgt from Dreamzzz an Orthorest mattress for my bro a few wks ago. If any of u are keen, u can email your enquiry to [email protected]. But you will have to email them your preference, the brands and models u are interested in, they will then give you advice and a quote. Hope my recommendation can help u save $$! Cheers.

thommy

time to revive this thread again...

went to IMM today and saw this Max Coil brand, never heard of it before so wanted to ask for feedback here first before deciding.

So far it's the cheapest of all the other renowned brands that we've tried, but we dunno abt the quality and also whether the company will fold or not (warranty's for 12 yrs I was told).

Shop name is Unisprings, salesman was quite convincing in his talk but dunno whether trustworthy or not. Will appreciate any feedback esp from those who have bought from them before. Thanks

sane

I been to unispring too, the max coil mattress seems to be v comfortable and reasonably priced.
Anyone has any experience abt it?

thommy

yeah inn, it seems to be comfy and also the cheapest of all the other renowned brands that I've asked so far...just wanna get some feedback here first before deciding.

sane

I just brought mine at Tampine courts Mega store at $2298.90 inclusive of $29.90 delivery.
Accordingly to the sales, they are directly from Maxcoil instead from the dealer.
The materials are actually similar except that the designs/name are different.
There are actually some display sets selling at $899 for a king size mattress.
If you don't mind, u can consider the display set.
I brought the king size maxcoil posture therapy plush king size with bedframe, headboar, 2 latex pillows and 1 mattress protector.
Their promo is similar to the one at Singapore Expo and they are supposely to have the best deal as they are directly from maxcoil.
Drop by and have a look. They have a very wide range of brands inclusive of dunpillo, slumberland, sealy, simmons consolidate all together.
If you do not mind, they have display sets selling at v cheap inclusive of sealy as well.

frickxion

Hi Thomas, just to add on for your info, Maxcoil is a local company. They wont fold I guess for they are expanding infact.
happy.gif
I dont work for that company, but I am in the mattress line coincidentally.

Cheers.

samtheman

Maxcoil is not a renowned brand, it is a no brand mattress.

Anybody can make a mattress that feels good in the showroom and the first 2 years. After that all bets are off. Take a look at the warranty, the warranty only covers the broken springs that protrude out.

In other words, if anything happens to the mattress you are out of luck.

So before spending your hard earned money, consider this, Maxcoil gives salespeople a $150 incentive to sell a $1599 mattress. If they can afford to give so much to the salespeople think on how much money they are actually spending on making the mattress.

thommy

hi joseph, thanks for the info! which brands do u carry then?

hi samuel, thanks for the info too! u seem to know quite a lot behind maxcoil's scene, u happen to know anyone selling that brand? then what wld u recommend instead? thanks

carolingggg

maxcoil is the worst mattress ever! yes its cheap but its nt even worth it when the mattress sinks in within a year... and no warranty covers that. anybody had the same experience??

thommy

carol: omg...really? was considering to get it cos so cheap among all the other brands...now got 2nd tots le...I tot they giving 12yrs warranty??? that was what the salesman (a fat guy) at Unisprings told us...

samuel: yup but Sealy and Simmons are soooooooooooo expensive...sigh. Serta is considered cheapest among all the renowned brands but prob is, their mattress is thicker than usual so buying bedsheets will have prob next time haiz. Dunno why they wanna make their mattresses like that
sad.gif

u have any lobangs for Sealy? cheapest I saw also around 3k+...thanks

samtheman

You can try their boutique at Liang Court or Courts Megastore. I saw many mattresses at Courts when I went there last week.

carolingggg

Thomas: yes!! Pls don't get maxcoil my bro and sister in law bought one latex one and within 8 mths or so u can see that the material has sunken in pretty bad.N when they call up to check on the warranty they were told that warranty only covers spring prob n there's nth they can do abt it. Well I guess the price u pay gives u the quality tht is worth ... But it's cheap la like 1.1k for queen size which is much cheaper to other comparbles in e market .so can't say much if u r willing to change a mattress within a yr...

samtheman

Hi All, please be aware that no brand will give you warranty other than for the spring system.

Please go to websites and look at warranty info.

Sometimes the warranty might look OK but if you look closely there may be conditions that make the warranty void.

carolingggg

Yea I think so Samuel that's why I think it's much more impt to commit to a good quality mattress. Def not one that sink in within a yr... Don't think my family and friends will buy a max coil no matter how cheap is it... Mayb for e maid or a guest room mattress I'll consider.

carolingggg

glen: good for you.... maybe my bro was unlucky to get the sub-standard one.. haha. i dont know i havent actually seen his mattress but he has convinced me that theres a reason to pay a premium for quality......

numan

i almost got the maxcoil posture therapy mattress...feel pretty good when i lied on it...until i read sam & carol feedback...so what are the brand that i shld consider...

angry2010

Many times we compare price for the products we wanted to buy and neglect things such as delivery. Unreliable delivery often makes the buying process an unpleasant one. I am experiencing such at the moment with Max Coil. Despite agreeing to delay the delivery time by 1 hr, i'm still waiting for the bed to arrive 1.5hrs late by now and no sight of it nor news from the delivery man although the shop says they will ring me! This is so annoying! The warehouse is at Kaki Bukit and I'm living in the east, there shouldn't be any issue with travel time right? The sales person Eric (IMM) says it's Saturday with many deliveries to make but that's not an excuse. It's about logistic planning, don't promise and can't deliver. Does it mean it's right to wait for donkey hours at home and not knowing when the bed will come or ever come.

sangay

I bought a super single max coil mattress... have been using it for > 1 yr now... not too sure about its history... individually pocketed spring... very comfortable to me.

Don't just look at the brand when you buy mattress... you need to lay on it to have a feel.

ccsp

I definitely not recommend max coil. Have bad experience with them when I bought my king size storage bed. Even thought they said one for one exchange but the replacement quality is poorer than the first set. They keep sending poor quality one, hope that you won't change and drop the case.

Mine is because the guys step on the storage base until it cracked during installation that's why need a replacement.

valentinetti0

They are expensive, but remember that they are often hand-made (or at least hand finished), and a lot of stuff goes into them. They are also big and heavy which means storage and transport is expensive too.

A good mattress will last you 15 years though, so if you work out how much it costs per night of good sleep, it's not so bad.

Thanks
Queen Mattress in Houston

daniel_lkt

I bought Simmons mattress which cost me more than $5000 10 years ago. Now, I bought Sleepjoy last year, at a fraction of the Simmons.i strongly recommend this. Feel free to ask me cos I have done my homework before I buy.

Micheal_1984

Hey I was just thinking of getting a Max Coil next week! So Max coil mattress is really only a local brand that sell mattresses in Singapore?! Their logo is so trying to be USA! lol..

Logo_max_coil.jpg