Mattress

vinmei

Hi, I am looking for a Tempur mattress. Any comments on this? Really need some feedback before I buy leh....

vinmei

Hi, I am looking for a Tempur mattress. Any comments on this? Really need some feedback before I buy leh....

ayane

hi bride to be,

tempur is vv expensive. heard that there are cheaper alternatives of memory foam, but dun know how reliable/good these are. this nice uncle from a furniture shop recommedend this brand called zovac to me, but i hv not been able to find alot of info on it. we tried lying on it and it sure feels good tho!

anyone has any comments on zovac?

leetona

hi roxy,all the brand of mattress u mention are all not bad.if u r comforabole with the mattress that u tried.dun care what the brand is...sealy not bad.too bad i dun wanna spend to much so i bought a america brand pocketed matt @ only $700.not bad too

apple_88

Hi,

I recently bought my Simmons mattress from this shop call Ackerman at Toa Payoh Central. I heard from my friends that they are the only shop in Singapore that sell both Simmons and Sealy mattress together. It actually allows mi to do a direct comparsion between Sealy n Simmons. U guys may want to give it a try. cums with lots of free gifts also...hehe

tingshen

hi guys, can anybody tell me what's so special about orthopaedic pocketed spring mattress? saw a lot of hotels are using it.

varco

Hi,

Anyone heard of Cavenzi Mattress. The salesman told me it is from Australia but I cannot find any web site on it. I only managed to find one web site saying that it is a Malaysia company. The mattress look and feel like Sealy or Simmon mattress.

Thanks

key_word07

hi..any expert here. I just got myself 10inch dulop mattress...not sure if it's easy to get fitted bedsheet off shelves? What is the size of the fitted sheets normally sold outside? can fit 10inch mattress?

daystar

Hi All,
i just bot an Omazz mattress. Its quite different from normal mattress as it doesnt use pocket springs, it is made up of many layers. Very comfy and the best thing is the warrenty covers for 10-18 years, even children jumping on it is covered.

I tried pocketed spring and these mattress, can really feel the difference. =)

They only sell in Robinsons, Centrepoint. Can drop by to see look..

ma22

Nett,

Me too. I also bought one yesterday. Can't wait for them to deliver it over !

Btw, where did u hear abt this brand ? What makes u decide on Omazz ? Which model did u buy and how much ?
Sori ah, I abit curious la.

For myself, I tried it in my friend's house in Bangkok for 1 week. We fell in love with it and promised to get one should we move house :p

I bought the fountain oak, the 3 layers of Talatech latex type. Was given a 20% discount & comes with 2 free pillows. Good deal o not huh ?

ma22

Hi Lyn,

According to the staff, Omazz does the "Authentic Talatech Processing" whereby the latex is chilled at -20 Fahrenheit. Freezing (unique to the Authentic Talatech process) prevents particles from settling and ensures a consistent cell structure. The air extraction and freeze stage are key differences between Authentic Talatech and Dunlop process pillows. In the Authentic Talatech process, only a small amount of the compound is poured into a pillow mold cavity. Air is extracted to perfectly distribute the foamed liquid inside the mold, creating a consistent round, open cell structure. The pillow bun is flash frozen to lock the cell structure in place, and prevent the particles from settling.

Check out the website for further info :-
http://www.omazz.com

Not sure if the 20% discount is still applicable. Paid $4399 (before was $5499) for a 3 layers Talatech Latex queen bed. Quite costly as compared to other brands but imagine sleeping on it for at least 8 hrs a day, say for 10 yrs. Worth the $ liao.

If I'm not mistaken, 1 layer cost $3900, 2 layers $4800, 3 layers $5499 & 5 layers $8000+ etc. Can't really remember the price well since we only target on wat we like.

lyn6305

Hi Ma22,

Thanks for the detailed explanation...
kao_biggrin.gif
u sounded so professional. I must go and try the mattress... My hubby and I thinking of getting Simmons but still open to others if they are good for our back.

ma22

No la, I only copy & paste the relevant section. Hahahahaha, maybe if i kana retrench, I'll can start looking for sales job liao.

Anyway, happy shopping !

daystar

HI Ma and Lyn,
sorri for late reply,haven come in for sometime.

I bot mine at Centrepoint,Really felt different from the rest of the mattress and ya,we spend so much time on sleeping,might as well spend more money for more quality sleep,right? =)

I bot the 2 layers for about $3900 after we got a free bedroom set and 2 pillows + 20% and 5% rebate for the Robinsons card.

And i think the best part is,if anytime after we bot and before the actual delivery,the offers get better,we can go back and change our price package to the better one,so we will probably never regret? =P

Ma,when u getting ur bed? Mine only coming in June.. =)

wavy

hi anybody know whether the discounts for mattresses will be better during the Great Singapore Sale? Shd I hold my purchase first? I only need my mattress in Dec but got mattress sale for Sealy, King Koll and selected Simmons mattresses at Robinsons now and very tempted to buy but not sure whether will regret later if better discounts during GSS.

ma22

Nett,

Wow, $3900 be4 20% disc & 5% rebate from robinson ??? That's really a very good deal le. Not sure abt the part on changing the price package thou. Hmmm, maybe I should call them up to check again .....

Talking abt delivering my dream bed. Actually, I'm suppose to get key on 8 May. Somehow o rather the seller's lawyer unable to finalize transaction. Now, both lawyers (for seller & buyer) r in the midst of "shooting" letters here n there ! Not sure whether this Wed can collect keys o not. Haiz .....

Anyway, I can only start reno on 30 May n to shift in by mid Jun (maybe the same period as yours :p)

staritzz

wavy

the same things go thru my mind... my renovations should take a couple of months n its no hurry for me to buy the mattress now... but i think if the price is good compared to the normal retail price, then perhaps shld go ahead.. gonna check them out tmlo at robinsons sale

lyn6305

Hi Nett,

Robinson, City Hall branch also has Simmons mattresses and Omazz there as well? I really wanna compare them and see the difference.

lyn6305

Hi Kit, do u know how much ur sis paid for the backcare 4? I went to Robinson today and I tried few of the backcare 1, 2 and 3 but not 4. Anyway, the backcare series tat we like is not at Robinson. I just got to know tat the one we wanted is exclusive to Simmons Galleries only. Not sold anywhere else...also backcare series but higher end...cost 6k+++

haha...so we tried other simmons at Robinson and like the Beautyrest Glendale, after discount is $2500++. More affordable lor.

charlesphoon

Most bedsheets are up to 11 inches now so dont worry....if you are looking for luxurious feel then you can try serta, sealy, simmons....if you are look for latex you can try dunlopillo or max....
If your budget is from 2k to 4k then maybe you can consider Tempur heard they have from 12cm to 25cm thickness to choose from....
I have one question...when an object is frozen solid than how do you extract air??

toyota

hi everyone, i bought a full latex mattress. it doesnt have any spring inside. very very comfortable. is from MAX COIL. i bought at NOVA for only $1.5k. very worth cos they r having promotion. usually full latex will easily cost above $2k.. and also there is full memory foam (visco elastic foam) very very comfortable but it cost higher... can try buying at nova. their mattress r quite reasonable.. can look for Dave Ang the salesman. very well verse with mattress.. i bought from him...

sunsandsea

Hello Apex

is yours a queen size or king size mattress? i went there last weekend, the price for a queen size latex mattress at $1599 excluding GST. may i know the brand as well? and there are 2 types of latex i heard, synethetic and natural?

jojo123

try GETHA latex mattress, they are 100% natural latex and in the showroom they provide high tech body pressure mapping system to see which kind of firmness suit our body shape and weight, i've try out last sat. like their latex mattress but a bit costly

sunsandsea

Hey Jojotan

Where can you find it ? And how much it cost? I know 100% full natural latex is much more costly. Actually i had went to afew to see, some recommended visco.

sunsandsea

Hey Jojotan

Where can you find it? I have went to afew and some recommended visco ... Dun knw which is better, visco or natural latex ... any one knows?

jojo123

SSS, its located at e furniture mall level 1. me just buy today king size soft latex at $2599 with 2 foc pillow. i try omazzs latex mattress oso but i find out from e net that it was mix with syntatic latex, king size is at $5699 (overprice)...omazzs is just behind getha showroom

jojo123

n don buy visco...the sales person say that tempur warrenty is base on pro rate...end up u still got to pay if e mattress got problem

jojo123

lyn, my granny use latex when she married and she is e 1 tell me its good ...the 1 i buy got donno what fiber on e fabric is damm cooling compare to other modle... cant wait 4 it to be deliver...kekeke..

sunsandsea

Hi Jojo

so which brand u will recommend for the full latex mattress? some said pocketed spring with a layer of latex has more support to your spine than 100% full latex .. ? and price is much more cheaper ...

afsding

hihi.. is there anyone owned a tempur combi mattress here..? i'm considering to get the 20cm queen size one.. tried on it for a few mins, very comfortable.. but want to confirm with ppl who has slept on it for more than 1 mth..

jojo123

hi, sunsandsea... ibrought getha ASP latex king size mattress at $2599.. i don like spring cos it poke on me after some years of useing... why not u go n try out this brand...its the manufacture give me the address to buy in s'pore .. i've compare a few n think this is resonable and good quality..my delivery is on 5/1/07

iceblue27

hihi,

any magic koil mattress user here?

i jus order my magic koil mattress- royal collection premium pocketed spring. at $899 aft 50% discount.
any1 here happen to use such series? gd?

zxue

Hi jojo,

Where did u get the Getha mattress?
did you tried out the Getha L'Origin 5?

Does S&C in AMK have showroom?

zxue

damnz.. so confusing now...

so many brand!..
so many different type of material and combination....

Did not know selecting a mattress can be so tired.

zxue

hi all,

i got a idea..
i m compiling a list based on your fav. mattress (or the one you have buy)Vs the weight of each individual. please help to fill up.
weight of you *** Mattress Brand and model
<=40kg -
41kg-50kg -
51kg-60kg -
61kg-70kg -
71kg-80kg -
81kg-90kg -
91kg-100kg -
101kg-110kg -
111kg-120kg -
>=121kg -

sunsandsea

Hi Jojotan

I have finally settled on Maxcoil syclassic latex mattress at $1599 Queen size excluding GST. Will upgrade to king size at additional $200. tired of looking around for mattress as there are tooo many brands in the market..

Has anyone use this brand before?

So how is ur new mattress ?

criz

Hi jojo. Me also brought Getha ASP Award Series, King size mattress but choose the Medium ones @$1999 as hubby preferred the pocketed spring than the full latex.

Btw, have you receive your mattress? Did you buy the bedframe from them?