Marina Mandarin Singapore

L

love2

Hi bluebell,
I had my wedding in MM's grandball room on 8/12/01. And just recently used the $200 voucher. We had a dinner with my in-laws in the Peach Blossom restaurant. The food is so-so lah. In the end, we top up around another $150 ocs we ordered quite a no. of dishes. Hope that this helps.

dap

I called MM yesterday and was told the discussion on wedding theme is only in Dec 01. One month before my wedding but I need to know what kind of decor they provides and think of the theme that i want. One month before is too rush already. Can I ask to start looking at their decor items? Also does anyone know if there is any decor on the reception table and display table?

besides the decor provided by MM, anyone will do extra for their wedding decor? Can share?

jowie

dap...MM policy is to meet up and discuss details onli 1mth before the wedding date
mine is fixed decor so i tot there will not be changes, but recently they change the whole backdrop, so we gotto change our decor plans
sad.gif

enya

hi hi everyone

i just met up with irene for an initial discussion before we sign on the dotted line .. anything i need to watch out for, like bargain for more invitation cards, parking coupons, one more nite in bridal suite ..all these to negotiate before i sign? what else? i may have vegetarian tables too ... any feedback on these? is anyone going 4 the bridal show on 13/10? :p

jenjen

hi dap, dun worry, I have not even gone for mine yet...
happy.gif
but appointment has been made and it's 1 month before the date lor... they will call u up... I not too sure abt the decor... can share with you after I go for my discussion...

starfruit/ohno... have u gone for urs yet??

beibei, daniel is the free emcee, epsilon...
happy.gif

enya, if you have groups of 10 persons, you can arrange the whole table to have full 8 or 9 course vegetarian food... but if you only have 1 or 2 friends in the whole table, then u have to pay additional per pax for 6 course vegetarian...
happy.gif
I think kylie and beibei are going for the MM show...
happy.gif

cowie

Hi Girls,

I am back from my honeymoon.....wow, there are just so many postings up there that I do not have the time to read through! Overall, I do have quite good experience with MM. Do not worry too much and just let them guide you through the entire process. They are really very professional
happy.gif

Oh, I have quite a number of good feedback from guests that the food is good
happy.gif
For those who are interested, my menu is as follow:
1. Suckling pig combi
2. 3 Kingdom shark fin soup
3. Crispy roasted chicken with szechuan sauce
4. steamed red garoupa "nonya style"
5. panfried prawns in butter and garlic sauce
6. Braised abalone with broccoli
7. smoked tea duck with pancake
8. steamed lotus leaf rice with assorted meat
9. mango sago with ice cream

Cheers!
happy.gif

dap

Hi Cowie

glad to have you back. must act as our advisor ok.

Can I check is there any decor on the reception table? like flower arrangement etc... Also will there be another table to display our album? Can you remember what is the centerpiece for ech table?

beibei

Hi Enya,

me and Kylie going to Oct 13 bridal show...
I was there in April but now wanted to kpo a bit see one more time.

JenJen,
So Daniel is staff of MM??you wrote Epsilon so
dun noe wat it meant?
Think after your wedding we can see if Daniel is good emcee !! :p

cowie

Hi dap,

No lah.....not qualified to be advisor....but am willing to share my experience if any of you have any questions
wink.gif

I dun think there were any decor on the reception table. But I dunno if it is because I asked for up to 6 chairs there. But anyway, it is good in a sense that when we received a flower basket as a gift, it could be comfortably placed at the recept table.

I think if you are displaying our album, they will provide you will an album stand. In our case, we did not display our album. We chose to frame up some pictures and create a mini gallery instead. So, I put forth my request to Irene and she arranged for a classy looking glass table for me. There were two bouquets of orchids as decorative items on the table as well even though I didn't even ask her to decorate it
wink.gif

The centrepiece for each table is just a small and simple vase of roses, I think...... This is unlike the centrepiece for the VIP tables which are much more elaborate.

Hope I managed to answer your question
wink.gif

dap

Hi Cowie

i might need to ask you more questions along the way. hope you won't be too annoyed. hee..

i have some framed pix too. but i can't imagine how you display yours cos glass table is flat table top right?

Do you have pictures of your ballroom decor? like the simple vase of roses you've mentioned etc. can send me softcopy to look?

When you march in, did you have confetti or did you throw the rose petals provided by MM?

Did you have ice-craving vase too?

jenjen

Cowie, regarding displaying the albums, if I have more than 1 album, how to display?? can I just ask for 1 table and leave my albums there?? Kinda scared they get damaged...

Beibei, Daniel = Epsilon... Epsilon is his nick, Daniel is his real name... just like Beibei is ur nick and I** is ur real name...
happy.gif
And Daniel is not a staff of MM...

enya

hi hi

thanks everyone for ur advice! i was wondering how many times did u guys meet up with the coordinators before u sign on the dotted line? is irene good? mine will be on a weekday .. my onie concern is that since i'm taking the grand ballroom, there might be some confusion, as the reception for the orion ballroom is also on the same floor!!!
sad.gif

wow .. u mean rose petals are provided by MM?? i think rose petals are better, cos confetti might get stuck in your hairdo!!!

i wan to go 4 the bridal show 2!! heard that le galleria gowns are nice ... is that true?
thks everyone!!! :p

cowie

Hi dap,
No prob. Will try to help in anyway I can
happy.gif
I bought stands for my frames..... No need to get too expensive ones, I got mine from Daiso at IMM. $2 each
wink.gif
and they served their function really well.
happy.gif

I'm sorry, I do not have a soft copy of the photos. No time to go scan any in. But not to worry, can always check with your co-ordinator. They have a file showing most of the flora designs and past set-ups
happy.gif

As for the march-in, I didn't throw the rose petals. Just left it at the side of the isle as deco. Cos my idea was to have a simple and elegant march in..... throwing the rose petals will only mean that my gowns will be sweeping the petals to the base of the stage..... not very sightly leh
lame.gif

Yes, I had the two vases for ice-carvings. I requested for the fresh flower placed inside them to be of the same type as the ones I chose for the ballroom design as well as the candle stands at the entrance (chose the candle stands) cos I wanted to create just the same flora theme thru'out
happy.gif

Actually you girls do not have to worry too much. Nearer your wedding date when you meet up with your co-ordinator, he/she will guide you thru the entire process. That was what happened to me. No point thinking too much before that and worrying over these details
wink.gif
....I know, I went thru that stage too
proud.gif

Hi JenJen,
In that case, I think you have to check with your co-ordinator as to how they managed such cases before. I'm sure there were couples with more than one album before too
wink.gif

Hi enya,
My co-ordinator was Irene. Met up with her once only before we decided to sign up with them. Basically within one meeting, you should be able to gather enough info
happy.gif
Irene is pretty thorough lah. She did try to give in to my requests when possible
happy.gif

yvonne

Hello girls!

sorry tat i have not been logging in for a loong...too busy to come in.
my wedding is over! *phew*
grateful tat all went smoothly..
think i have some hiccups with my guests list..heheh but i bo chap lah..coz i have briefed my overall in charge n my sis..so they settled all for me.
i kept asking my overall ic how r things downstairs..she told me not to ask..all is in order..juz relax n wait to go down...they will take care of everything.
happy.gif

juz to assure those who have chosen MM..
dun worry, good choice!
feedback from guests is tat food n service r good.
happy.gif

my banquet manager is Kelvin Tan..very nice guy.
dun worry so much...juz leave ur hubby to do the briefing..Kelvin will tell u wat to do b4 u go in the ballroom..
in case u guys r troubled over songs for 1st dish..i left it to MM..n i like the song/music.
i only choose 2 songs for 1st n 2nd march in..n i have a few sentimentals cd for background n cocktail.
think MM shld have such cds.

Note : it'll b good if u have an overall in-charge (a fren)..then juz leave everyting to him/her.

JenJen
in tat recent thread under Free Emcee.
Daniel mentioned something romantic by the groom...its my hubby lah..
blush.gif

hehhehehe
i was really very surprised n touched by wat he did!! when he requested for the mike, i tot he wanted to say his thank you speech!
thumbs up for Daniel..he will 'take care' of things in the ballroom tat nite.

dap
dun worry, Daniel will turn up if u have confirmed him.
he called in the afternoon saying tat he might not b able to join in the briefing but guess wat, he reached there even earlier than my overall in-charge!
happy.gif

he will make sure tat u ARE the attention of the nite..everytime we go up stage..he will get us to stand beside him..n he will say smthg..so the guests will always look at the couple.
happy.gif

JenJen
MM doesnt have a cordless mike..i was so busy tat i 4got to request for a mike w long cord b4 hand..
:p
anyway, dun to worry, they have a long cord.
Kelvin managed to get one.

those getting Daniel...it'll be good to tell ur co-ord abt the mike earlier...hehehe..not like me.

Cher
i love the mango ice-cream! :p````

they place flowers at the recept table..i had 4 chairs.
JenJen >> i have 2 albums..they placed in on a table for guest to flip thru.
along the aisle..they placed rose petals on the floor.

i chose the ice vase...n i'm glad i chose tat.
no offences...i saw one with the dolphins during my foodtasting..think it look more like fish!

well, hope i have done my part to assure future MM brides on the service n food.
All the best to those brides whose weddings r approaching.
JenJen > All the best ok..

me leaving for NZ tonite..taking the 8pm flight.

i will try n get some photos n share with u all after my trip.
Bye...

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">yvonne</FONT>:

wha, glad to hear that u r wedding went well. I will be using daniel too, must remember to ask beng khoon to provide a long cord mike that night for him. glad to hear that u received positive feedback from guest
happy.gif
i met Kelvin once when Jenjen, ohno and me went down to see adam the sound engineer. he seems like a very ncie guy, seems like most of u had kelvin as the floor manager.

I got a few questions for u:
Did MM packed the food for u and ur hubby after the wedding?

How much of the pre-dinner snack can u order? i cannot remember already.

How did u all settle the banquet bills?

yvonne

hi starfruit

yup, MM will pack the food for u after the dinner.
i was sooo tired tat i almost fell asleep while eating the food.
lol.gif

i din sleep the previous nite b4 my wedding.
my dad gota pray at 1am+ n then i gota the "shang4 tou2" (comb hair) ceremony at 3am..
rested after tat but din managed to get any sleep.
so was very tired after the wedding..

pre-dinner snacks up to $60/- nett for 2.
call the room service to order...take abt half an hr for them to prepare.

after the wedding..after all the guests had left, kelvin will confirm the charges for the event.
ie no. of tables 'opened', no. of additional vege/muslim guests..additional beer consumption (if any) etc.

payment for the dinner will be upon check out.
but we requested to pay tat nite...
oh ya..you can have American Breakfast the next day..we 4got abt it..luckily havent go out for b/f.
room service called n we ordered loh..
hehehe..the pricing is actually $28/- per pax.
Ex hor...but then..its Free for bridal couples.
happy.gif

cowie

Hi Yvonne,
Hey, just to add for the benefit of those who will be going thru this....actually we can either choose the room service or the buffet breakfast at the Brasserie Tatler. We opted for the buffet one to have more variety
biggrin.gif

yvonne

cowie

eh! me dunno abt it..tot can only order from rm service!
they din tell me leh...
hiya...nvm..over liao.

so girls out there..take note of this.
happy.gif

btw, Pauline is kind enuf to stay late tat nite..went to the ballroom to ensure tat things r going well..
happy.gif

cowie

Yvonne.... Irene told me during the meet-up with her to discuss ballroom decor etc leh....

Yup, Irene came back during my dinner also even though it was a Sunday and she was off duty...... overall, I think the staff at MM are very professional
happy.gif

enya

hi hi everyone
i think all of u are pretty satisfied with MM! actually, i think MM is prety good in terms of service! i'm quite pleased with the ballroom, but find the lighting abit yellowish thoigh! i heard from irene that they are currently in the process of designing a new stage backdrop for 2003 weddings!
4 the grand ballroom, u mean they can place the rose petals along the aisle?

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">enya</FONT>:
ya they will place the petals along the aisle.. so u r actually walking down a aisle lined with petals at both sides
happy.gif
lovely right.

cck

Hello, anyone of ex Marina Mandarin couples have extra wedding invitation cards that you can spare me. Thanks.

cherry

Hi all,

Has anyone seen the Les Oiseaux ballroom? Any comment or feedback? I am thinking of having my wedding banquet at MM.

cherry

JenJen, I will be having around 23-25 tables and was told that there is only one ballroom (Les Oiseaux)left on that day. Have you/anyone seen the ballroom and the decor? Is it nice? Can't wait to see! I have made an appointment with Pauline next Sunday for viewing.
happy.gif

jenjen

Hi Cherry, I have only seen the empty ballroom... cannot comment on that but I like the outside, reception area as you can see the entire grand hotel corridors upwards... dunno if u understand...
happy.gif

perhaps you can refer to our list above and see who can help you better...

cherry

Hi JenJen, my FH also like the reception area as we can have the whole area by ourselves. He has more or less confirm MM..

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">cherry</FONT>:

I have seen the Les Oiseaux when they had a wedding dinner. overall very cosy and nice. I saw the gold wedding theme abd the recept table that they set up outside the ballroom. everything is very nice. MM is a good choice and i sure u will like it once u view it this sunday.

enya

hi hi everyone

i am going to meet irene to confirm my wedding with MM. just to check out, was there any confusion over reception areas for the orion and grand ballroom? mine is going to be at the grand ballroom, and we are worried that our guests might confuse the reception for orion ballroom to be ours .. there goes our angbaos!
sad.gif

also, has anyone requested for a garden theme for the ballroom? how about wine? can we bring in our own wine? and and the penalty clause in the agreement ... anyway we can get rid of that line?

so sorry .. so many questions! thanks so much!

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">Cherry</FONT>

I'm using Les Oiseaux too. The ceiling is low and there's a pillar at each side of the ballroom. MM will allow u to take the Grand Ballroom if u have min 35 tables. Why don't u go to MM personally to take a look? If not u can try to look at BlueBell's pix...

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">Starfruit/JenJen</FONT>

Am meeting Irene next Saturday, what other matters should I highlight to them other than the service staff? Should I take the meesua dish?
Million Thanks!

cowie

Hi enya,
Uhm, are you refering the Orion as in the ballroom on 2nd floor?? Cos mine was at the grand ballroom and we were the only wedding going on on level 1 and there was no confusion problem so long as you have informed your guests that it is on level 1.

Yup, we brought in our own wine. What do you mean by garden theme? Irene will let you choose the various types of flower stands you want for the ballroom as will as for the entrance of the ballroom. The types of flowers and colour etc. Not to worry, she will guide you along. If you have any queries, you may want to ask her directly for better clarification
wink.gif
Have fun
happy.gif

Hi ohno,
I took the meesua dish during my food tasting but decided to change it to the lotus leaf rice instead cos thought the meesua tasted pretty common leh....Just my personal opinion, no offence to those who like the meesua dish. Anyway, no regrets cos my guests all like the rice dish a lot
happy.gif
Many commented that it is more unique too
happy.gif

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">Cowie</FONT>

Thanks, I've to get as much info as possible cos I'm not having any food tasting at all. Btw, is the serving for each dish just nice or too little? Afraid that if I've 10 men sitting at 1 table and it's not filling for them.

Thanks in advance.

cherry

Hi starfruit/ohno

Thanks for your feedback. Will be going down next Sunday to view the ballroom but i won't be getting the Grand Ballroom cos I can't meet the min requirement of 35 tables.

Hi Jen Jen

I am thinking of getting free flow of beer (during dinner) and a free table when I sign up during their Autumn Romance promotion. Can I still ask for more freebies? hehehe...
lol.gif
hope they dun find me too greedy!

By the way, do they give free tasting if I only have around 25 tables? Has anyone tried the "Braised Spare Ribs in Special Sauce" for the weekday menu? I am thinking of changing this dish to "Smoked Tea Duck with Pancake" but wonder if there is any additional cost.

jenjen

cherry, just try to insist on the things you want... if they can give they will... press them a bit... as far as i know, the tea duck cannot be changed...

cowie

Hi ohno,
I think overall the food helping should be enough. I also had a table of 10 young men, didn't hear complains that food not enough
lol.gif
But for certain dishes like prawns and abalones (they only give one piece per person).... but the prawns are HUGE
biggrin.gif

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">enya</FONT>:

Dun worry about the Orion Reception table. MM dun usually use the Orion room for wedding dinner unless there is some other function at Orion on the night of the dinner other than that, u will usually be the only couple there.

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">ohno, jenjen</FONT>:
Ya was thinking of switching to the Mee Sua.. dunno how leh. should i just stick to eefu noodles.. cos its my favourite lah
happy.gif
~~

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">cherry</FONT>:
Ya u can change the spareribs to smoke tea duck, no extra cost for this change. better u take the smoke tea duck with pancake.. its delicious
happy.gif
~~ and so much more unique than the spareribs.

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">ohno</FONT>:
Ya portion was quite big when i had the food tasting, should be enuff for 10 men. liek what cowie say, the prawns are indeed evry big. hopefully the actual day dinner is as good as my food tasting session.

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">cowie</FONT>:
The lotus leaf rice is part of ur menu? or a special request change? me cannot decide if i should stick to my eefu noodles, mee sua or change to rice. i prefer noodles cos usually ppl cannot eat any rice at the end of the dinner.

cowie

Hi Starfruit,
I had a choice of eefu noodles, mee sua or lotus leaf rice. Actually I personally feel that both rice and noodles are the same in terms of whether people can still stomach them or not at the end of the dinner
wink.gif
For me, I opted for the mee sua instead of eefu noodles at the food tasting cos I thought eefu noodles quite common. But after the food tasting, I felt that the mee sua like nothing much also leh....so I changed to rice which I managed to try at one of the bridal shows held at MM and quite like it. My guests like it too
happy.gif

But ultimately, this is your wedding. Go for what you feel like having most.... all these that we post here are only our person views
wink.gif

jenjen

cowie, which prawns did u take?? cos my food tasting i tried the peppercorn one... ok only...

starfruit, you like then just stick to it lor...
happy.gif

jowie

Hi Gals

Do we need to allocate a helper to standby at the sound system to control the change disk or adjust volume when eg march in or toast?
Or will MM provide anyone to do dat?

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">jowie</FONT>:

Think no need to post anyone, u just be claer about the timing of the songs and Adam (sound engineer) will handle everything for u. so dun worry.

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">jenjen</FONT>:
U never try the prawns withthe butter and garlic sauce? that is nice
happy.gif