Marina Mandarin Singapore

kylie

Starfruit,

I've talked to Beng Khoon, think should be no prob. lah. I've already got a night in the bridal suite as in the package, so meaning i'll have 2 nights then......

Dap,
is the sept. issue worth buying....like all magazines the same leh.......

jenjen

starfruit, champagne roses are light orange colours... the size is usually bigger than the normal red and white roses...
happy.gif

J

joyce 23

Hi,

I'm planning to hold my wedding late next year and shortlisted Marina Mandarin. Called and spoke to Daniel, whom I believe is one of the banquet coordinator. Not too bad but find him a little too business-like. Since then he has been calling and trying to set up appointment to view the ballroom and stuff.

Then few days back, I had wanted to call Daniel but the call was received by Rebecca. I thought she's much friendlier and I had a nice chat with her.

We're almost certain on Marina Mandarin but really hope to have a coordinator that we're both comfortable with. Daniel has been following up with us while Rebecca is quite a friendly lady. Anyone has experiences with either of them? Can I actually request for a specific coordinator? We have not met any of them but had conversations over the phone.

jenjen

Hi Joyce23, so far, I have not heard of Daniel... maybe he is new...

My coordinator is Pauline,
Starfruit's coordinator is Beng Khoon,
Luzon888's coordinator is Linda...

I think Beng Khoon is easy to negotiate for things before u sign up and pay the deposit...
But I think Pauline will be a better advisor...
happy.gif

As for Rebecca, I think she is assistant for them only... I think u can request for Beng Khoon if you have not signed up yet... hope my info helps...

kylie

Hi Joyce 23,

My coordinator is Beng Khoon & i think he is good. It's easy to neg. things with him & he is very easy-going. AS for Rebecca, i talked to her while Beng Khoon's not around & find that she's a very nice lady, also very helpful. Likewise, i think that she only an asst., therefore will need to check with the others b4 decisions can be made.

jenjen

Hi MM gals,

Time to update the long ago list again!!!
proud.gif
wat have u gals been up to lately??
8775.gif
Neglecting this thread leow??
sad.gif

1) Sunny 23/09/2001 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
2) Bluebell 26/05/2002 (Les Oiseaux) --> Over
3) Linda 10/06/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
4) Mo 07/07/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
5) Cowie 15/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over (Photos on Sep SB Forum Homepage!)
6) Reebok 21/09/2002 (?)
7) Yvonne 24/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
8) Jowie 03/11/2002 (Poolside)
9) Starfruit 04/11/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
10) JenJen 10/11/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
11) Cher 16/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
12) Luzon888(aka Ohno) 20/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
13) Canfused 29/11/2002 (?)
14) Adeline 15/12/2002 (?)
15) Jasmine 23/12/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
16) Dap 16/01/2003 (Grand Ballroom)
17) Kylie 01/06/2003 (?)

Hi, anyone I missed out or info is wrong... please let me know!!
happy.gif

jenjen

Seems a little messy... let me attempt to make it clearer...
happy.gif

<FONT FACE=""courier new""><FONT COLOR="0000ff"><U>Marina Mandarin Weddings</U>
1) Sunny ------------------ 23/09/2001 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
2) Bluebell --------------- 26/05/2002 (Les Oiseaux) ----> Over
3) Linda ------------------ 10/06/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
4) Mo --------------------- 07/07/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
5) Cowie ------------------ 15/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over (Photos on Sep SB Forum Homepage!)
6) Reebok ----------------- 21/09/2002 (?)
7) Yvonne ----------------- 24/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
8) Jowie ------------------ 03/11/2002 (Poolside)
9) Starfruit -------------- 04/11/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
10) JenJen ---------------- 10/11/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
11) Cher ------------------ 16/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
12) Luzon888(aka Ohno) ---- 20/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
13) Canfused -------------- 29/11/2002 (?) <-- New Addition!
14) Adeline --------------- 15/12/2002 (?)
15) Jasmine --------------- 23/12/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
16) Dap ------------------- 16/01/2003 (Grand Ballroom)
17) Kylie ----------------- 01/06/2003 (?) <-- New Addition!
18) Beibei ---------------- 07/06/2003 (?) <-- New Addition!
</FONT></FONT>
Hi, anyone I missed out or info is wrong... please let me know!!
happy.gif

jenjen

OH COWIE!! PAISEH!!! Me blurr leow...
happy.gif

Okie, the latest list...
1) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Sunny</FONT> ------------------ 23/09/2001 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over Actual Day
2) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Bluebell</FONT> --------------- 26/05/2002 (Les Oiseaux) -----> Over Wedding Photos Actual Day
3) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Linda</FONT> ------------------ 10/06/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over Wedding Photos
4) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Mo</FONT> --------------------- 07/07/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
5) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Cowie</FONT> ------------------ 15/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom) Wedding Photos
6) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Reebok</FONT> ----------------- 21/09/2002 (?)
7) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Yvonne</FONT> ----------------- 24/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
8) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Jowie</FONT> ------------------ 03/11/2002 (Poolside)
9) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Starfruit</FONT> -------------- 04/11/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
10) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">JenJen</FONT> ---------------- 10/11/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
11) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Cher</FONT> ------------------ 16/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
12) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Luzon888(aka Ohno)</FONT> ---- 20/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
13) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Adeline</FONT> --------------- 15/12/2002 (?)
14) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Jasmine</FONT> --------------- 23/12/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
15) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Dap</FONT> ------------------- 16/01/2003 (Grand Ballroom)
16) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Kylie</FONT> ----------------- 01/06/2003 (Les Oiseaux)
17) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Beibei</FONT> ---------------- 07/06/2003 (?) <-- New Addition!
</FONT></FONT>

cowie

Hi JenJen,
Its okay lah..... was just joking with you. Mine will be over in a few days time anyway
crazy.gif
Thanks for your effort
happy.gif

jenjen

WHY HERE SO INACTIVE ONE?!?! So sad... waste my efforts to revive so many times...
sad.gif

Me went for food tasting today... the food not bad... until now still quite full!! ANd it's only 6 dishes...

kylie

Jen,

The food not bad only? what dishes did u try? got the "smoked duck pancake"? u taking the lotus leaf rice or mee-sua?

At least u get to sample the food, skadi on the actual day also no chance/time to eat.........

jenjen

Kylie, my not bad is good leow lah... cos I not picky on food mah... we had good comments on most of the foods... just some, just write extra to suit my parents and PIL comments...
happy.gif
tried the shark's fin, chicken in plum sauce, peppercorn prawn, smoke tea duck, mee sua and the mango sago...
happy.gif

jenjen

starfruit, my parents and PIL say that it tastes like bee hoon... and quite nice... so something special... not wet and soggy...
happy.gif

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">jenjen</FONT>: *sigh* how now, should i go for the mee suah or should i still stick to my ee fu noodles.
do u like the mee suah?

jenjen

heheh... starfruit, me no great lover of noodles/rice dishes... especially those in wedding banquets... but my hubby and dad likes it... cos it's not as filling as ee fu noodles... some pple see the noodles, sian leow... for my case, both parents dun want rice (the lotus rice)... so they rather take the mee sua...
happy.gif

cowie

Hi Girls,
Just had my wedding at MM last nite. Must say that the co-ordination of the staff there is very good. All my guests liked the food too
happy.gif
My hubby chose to have the lotus leaf rice....guests like it....no regrets
wink.gif
Will be leaving for my honeymoon in an hour's time.....chat when I'm back.

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">cowie</FONT>:
Great to hear that everything went well at your wedding. Will await ur return, me got questions to ask u .. hehe
happy.gif
enjoy.

dap

Hi Cowie

congrats!

where are you going for honeymoon? What dishes did you select? Let us know when you're back from honeymoon.

caroline

Hi All
as I'm planning to have my dinner at MM at Sept 03, but i'm clueless as to which ballroom is the best, the no of tables that we have planned is actually abt 20-25. Can someone pls help me with this?
Appreciate it very much

jenjen

hi caroline, I think for ur number of tables, the Les Oiseaux ballroom on the 5th floor will be suitable for u... sorry I am unable to provide more information... perhaps you can refer to the list above and ask those brides who will be using Les Oiseaux ballroom...
happy.gif

O

ohno

Hi Caroline

Think they'll let u have the Les Oiseaux ballroom at level 5 cos it can take a min. of 20 tables upto max. of 30 tables. There's 1 pillar at each side of the ballroom and the ceiling is low. Grand Ballroom at level 1 will requires a min of 35 tables.

Would be best for u to go the the hotel personally to take a look at the ballrooms. Then u'll be able to know if u really like it

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">hi Carol</FONT>:

ya you shoudl definitely take a look at the ballroom u decide. One impt point to keep in midn is that if u take the ballroom on levl 5, u must make sure ur tables dun go beyond 30 cos it will definitely not fit in. and if u take the grand ballroom, u will be commiting the min figure of 35 tables with MM. any idea if u table no. will increase or decrease?

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">jenjen</FONT>: will u be meeting up with pauline again nearer to ur wedding date? and u planning to have a rehearsal before a few days before ur dinner?

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">ohno</FONT>: have u met up with irene yet? if not, u should try and do it by early next month.

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">jenjen &amp; ohno</FONT>: Beng Khoon told me that I must contact the credit card company at least 1 month before our wedding date to requst for the temp credit increase. if I do it any later, they might not be able to sort it out in time.

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Starfruit</FONT>

Just updated my own guest list 2 nites ago. Have to let my parents &amp; his parents to confirm the guest list again. Hopefully I can contact Irene by early Oct.

My friend contacted her credit card company one week before. After the limit has been increased, the hotel will hold 80-90% of the amt 1st so that other merchants will not be able to deduct that big amt... not sure if MM practice the same.

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">ohno</FONT>

what u mean when u say that the hotel will hold 80 - 90% of the amount? u planning to increase teh limit for 1 or 2 cards?

so 1 week can be done already.. tahts good.

jenjen

starfruit, pauline say that we will meet up to discuss the decor stuff in Oct... I dunno when yet... I'm planning to try out my cordless mic first... rehearsal wise, maybe only on actual day lor... wat abt u??

jowie

starfruit...u meet up wif yr coordinator to discuss details already??? i tot 1mth before the actual date then meet?

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">jowie</FONT>:
Ya i met up with beng khoon about 2 months ago cos my hubby won't be around to meet his this and next month, so we decided to do it earlier

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">jenjen</FONT>:
ya will push for an actual day rehersal.. cos i want them to get the music timing right. beng khoon told me this will only be possible if the room is available in the afternoon.
BTW: have u selecetd ur march in music yet?

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Starfruit</FONT>

Different credit card companies have different procedures, advisable to check with them 1st. Some will require u to fax them your agreement with the hotel, some will only need the date and venue of the banquet and they will contact the hotel themselves.

dap

Hi JenJen

Where can I get a cordless mic.?

Starfruit
Have you finalised detail with Daniel yet? Are you going to ask him to MC? How do you find him? Reliable?

Also if my wedding in Jan 03, when will MM contact me for first meeting up to collect cards for printing?

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">ohno</FONT>

ya i called them, seems like they only require 1 notice to increa ur credit card limit.

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">dap</FONT>:

ya i met up for daniel a few weeks ago with ohno. infact, jenjen is using daniel too.

He is a very nice guy, very very help. i do feel at ease with him. guess i can only feedback about his horting after my wedding
happy.gif

I will only be finalising the details with him about 1 week before my wedding.

r u planning to get him host for u too?

jowie

dap...me will oso be engaging daniel and agreed wif starfruit, he beri nice and have loads of ideas

starfruit...i hope to meet up wif pauline soon, to discuss the decor and other tings, scare those decor we wanted to do she won't agree to...and i won't be using cordless mike, daniel say as long as cord is long enuff, it is ok wif him lor

jenjen

starfruit, not yet choose music...

dap, u gotta bring ur own...

1) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Sunny</FONT> ------------------ 23/09/2001 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over Actual Day Photos
2) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Bluebell</FONT> --------------- 26/05/2002 (Les Oiseaux) -----> Over Wedding Photos Actual Day
3) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Linda</FONT> ------------------ 10/06/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over Wedding Photos
4) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Mo</FONT> --------------------- 07/07/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
5) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Cowie</FONT> ------------------ 15/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over Wedding Photos
6) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Reebok</FONT> ----------------- 21/09/2002 (?)
7) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Yvonne</FONT> ----------------- 24/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
9) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Starfruit</FONT> -------------- 04/11/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
10) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">JenJen</FONT> ---------------- 10/11/2002 (Grand Ballroom)
11) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Cher</FONT> ------------------ 16/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
12) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Luzon888(aka Ohno)</FONT> ---- 20/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
14) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Jasmine</FONT> --------------- 23/12/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
15) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Dap</FONT> ------------------- 16/01/2003 (Grand Ballroom)
16) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Kylie</FONT> ----------------- 01/06/2003 (Les Oiseaux)
17) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Beibei</FONT> ---------------- 07/06/2003 (Grand Ballroom)
</FONT></FONT>

dap

Hi starfruit and JenJen
ya planning to use Daniel but very scare if he didn't turn up on that day then the whole celebration will be doomed. Have not met up with him but so far kind of comfortable with him thru email chatting. But if he's really trustable then it will be really wonderful to have someone experience in hosting to emcee my wedding. i'm very sure it will be a different wedding my friends would have gone for. dreaming now.......

jenjen

Dap, as far as I know, Daniel should be quite trustworthy... will not last min play you out one... if he cannot make it, he will give you a call earlier...

starfruit

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">dap</FONT>:

ya, dun worry too much, i also feel daniel very reliable. anyway, jowie, jenjen and me can give u our feedback of daniel after our wedding
happy.gif

dun worry too much.

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">jowie</FONT>: hehe, didn't know u using daniel too. anyway will u be planning for a rehearsal before ur dinner? and how will MM be setting teh stage for ur poolside?

Reebok and Yvonne's wedding should be next, wonder how these two girls are getting along with their preparations? have not hear from them for a long while.

dap

Hi starfruit and JenJen

Good to hear favourable comment about Daniel.

I'm thinking of changing my walking to be L-shape. Beng Khoon said depending on number of tables i have. if too many cannot. How nice it would be if we can walk down the isle longer.

By the way, what do you do for rehearsel? Play the CD and walk-in? anything else?

O

ohno

Hi Gals

My friend attend a wedding at MM last nite. Overall quite ok except that the refilling of the drinks are very slow. Maybe u'd like to note this down and inform your respective event managers. Another piece of info but not sure if u know abt it. Exchanging of car park coupons are quite troublesome too, guests need to go to information counter to exchange for a receipt or the parking ticket before proceeding to the carpark. A bit sianz when my friend told me this parking coupon thingy, will cause some inconvenience to the guest... esp. to those who are not familiar with that area.

jowie

Starfruit...rehearsal shld be on the same day
actually i already meet up wif daniel since march
happy.gif

dunno wat will MM be doing about the stage, will be meeting pauline soon to discuss the details
they actually change the caveman backdrop, was shocked when we went there recently, coz we are not informed at all...altho we dun like the previous backdrop, but i guess they owe us the courtesy to inform us lor...i was there wif my planner and tot there will be no backdrop and tinking of doing our own sash ribbons, now pauline tell me there will be new ones...if any of u are tinking to add some decor on yr own, better wait until meet up wif yr coordinator before wasting yr efforts...
i might sound harsh, but when we saw the old backdrop for the 1st time, we dun like it and ask her will it be changed in the near future...she said it's new and in the next 2yrs, there won't be any changes....
now i hope the new one will be better

cookie

Who is this Daniel? Is he one of the coordinator or a professional emcee with Marina? Who are the other wedding coordinators? I read about Beng Koon and Pauline. Are the good?

cher

Jen Jen,

You've mixed up my wedding date... mine is on 30/11....
happy.gif

Girls,
The date is getting nearer... getting very excited now!

I didn't have any food tasting... did anyone try the lotus rice and mango ice-cream?? need your feedback.

Cher

jenjen

Oopps Cher... paiseh... I change the list leow...

1) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Sunny</FONT> ------------------ 23/09/2001 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over Actual Day Photos
5) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Cowie</FONT> ------------------ 15/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over Wedding Photos
6) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Reebok</FONT> ----------------- 21/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> Over
7) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Yvonne</FONT> ----------------- 24/09/2002 (Grand Ballroom) --> TODAY!
11) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Cher</FONT> ------------------ 30/11/2002 (Les Oiseaux)
17) <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Beibei</FONT> ---------------- 07/06/2003 (Grand Ballroom)
</FONT></FONT>

cookie, beng khoon is better to negotiate...