Marina Mandarin Singapore

snowiee

thanks wendy !
happy.gif

jasline79

hi weddin,

i just collected my cards today. they do provide red col envelopes for the red cards.

by the way, the red cards don't come with inserts, normally how they do it?

happytea

Thanks Wendy!
but kinda disappointed w the bears, its not even in wedding gowns
sad.gif
the other choices will be the pineapple tarts and chocolate is it? After seeing the bears i am considering to settle for those food stuff instead.

Jasline, i thought MM will recommend us a printing company? we will then pay for the inserts and the printing. We havent collect ours yet.

Anyone not taking the 2 types of cards that MM offered? Fion told us that if we dun want, we will got to pay on our own?

I heard from forgot-which-hotel that if we dun like the cards, they allow us to choose from other cards of the recommended printer only that their hotel name and logo will not be on the card.

weddinstory

Hi Jaslin,

I took the ivory ones. Didnt like the red ones cos find the red ones pretty silly. The sample of the red one that i got came with the insert. I said silly cos the insert is put into the pocket. so when one opens the card, can only see the invitation in English and has to pull out the insert to see the Chinese words.so took all the ivory ones. managed to exchange some white envelopes for the pink ones (for the more elderly ones. they wouldnt like to see white ones). My coordinator is very helpful and prompt to help when i told them my situation. Thumbs up for them!

weddinstory

jaslin, u mean they didnt give u the inserts when u collect ur cards? maybe u shd check with ur coordinator. probably they left them out..

jasline79

Hi weddin,

the sample card that i got have no inserts at all for both cards.

is the inserts for the red card the one that is without the holes? how it look like actually? is it insert entirely into the pocket or leave half outside?

jasline79

hi happytea,

MM did recomended a printer call kentrich..but thinking to check out other printer also cos' it's a little far for me too.

weddinstory

hi jasline, for the red card, yes half of the insert is on the outside.let me see if i can find the pict then i will post it here to show u.

which part of spore do u stay? if u stay in the east, u shd go to AXXA printer. excellent service and much cheaper than kentrich.

weddinstory

hi jasline, here's the sample of the cards. i suggest if u want to use the red one, probably u can print the english and chinese words back to back so that ur guest need not pull out the insert. all they need to do is to flip. hope u get what i mean.
409421.jpg

snowiee

anyone knows if MM are going to change the design of their cards?

Red is the more traditional colour.. but i agree with the rest... the design is weird with the insert thing.. they should make the design like the ivory one with the hole to tie the ribbon. will look so much more classy..

happytea

hihi, the hotel will recommend a few printers or just Kentrich?

the invory one posted here looks so sweet! but grandma likes the red one. Anyone of you took a combination of the ivory and the red one?

jasline79

Hi weddin,

thanks for the phots. i get what u mean. I am staying at CCK. looks like kentrich is the nearest. Or any other recommendation?

May i know what are the quotation like for normal printing for 250 cards?

Hi Happytea,
I actually took a combi of the 2 designs.

happytea

Hi Weddin, the printer will want us to print the inserts by batches right?
how many inserts is in a batch for yours?
50 pcs? 100 pcs?

happytea

oh, i thought they will say 100 pcs for how much kinda thing? so the min to print for one design is 100. if were to take 2 design will hv at least 100 pcs each...

jasline79

Hi,

I just checked with the printer. they quoted me $85 for 250 cards. And i asked the price for 125 pcs, they said is $75. I had 2 different cards design.

jasline79

Hi Happytea,

I just went to Kentrich , the printer recommended by MM. It's at Blk 3 Pasir Panjang Road, #10-33 alexandra Distripark. Can contact Helen at 62734648, nice and helpful lady.

xynn

Hi all, i just had my wedding dinner on sat. The bridal suite i had was very big. Coz they upgraded us to superior suite. I guess there was availablity. My guests also commented the food was good. THey loved the mango sago with icecream.
happy.gif

blurberry

Hi everyone have co-ordinator Steven email address? Pls pass to me at [email protected] Many Thanks!

Hi Xynn, We also selected mango sagi with icecream! Just nice to heard that
happy.gif
The superios suite have 2 room join together? Do you requested on it?

xynn

hi 318bi and snowiee, my room has 2 plasma TV...
but no time to enjoy it. also comes with an OSIM massage chair

xynn

my ballroom is on 5th floor... heard that there was no wedding on the grand ballroom that nite.
I didnt have to top up to upgrade. they gave it to me, but it's cityview. not seaview.

xynn

hi 318bi, i have pm you Steven's email address
happy.gif

Will you be having food tasting? my guests told me the fried mee sua abit salty.

blurberry

Thanks Xynn. I don't have the food tasting due the tight budget. We also thinking to choose fried mee sua leh, will take note and discuss to them. Any other good comments?

xynn

icic. my guests said the food was good. But carparking was bad though. Some of the guests had to park at millenia walk. In the end, we also didnt finish giving out the free parking coupons.

snowiee

wah... they didnt have enough parking lots even though your night didnt have any wedding in the grandballroom ah........

i didnt know they had so little parking lots
sad.gif

ace75s

MM's carpark is shared by 3 hotels and 1 shopping mall. So it's definately a "1st come 1st served" theory.

Guess you might have get your guests to come early to park, especially if your wedding is on a auspicious day.

strawbery8

Dear all,
May i know how u got to deliver the wine? is it deliver on actual day of wedding or they allow to be delievered a day earlier? Pls advise. Thankx alot!

ace75s

Hi yap,

Usually, it depends on your wine supplier. For my SIL's wedding last year, my hubby got the wine supplier to send the wine to the hotel. (2 days in advance)Just give them the hotel co-ordinator's name and they will contact him/her to settle. Just remember to check with your co-ordinator if the wine was delievered.

If deliver by yourself, guess you can ask your co-ordinator which is better.

snowiee

ace, for ur SIL's wedding who did they ask to supply the wine?

any problems during delivery (either from MM's coordinator or from the wine supplier) ?

ace75s

Hi snowiee,

For my SIL's wedding, my hubby actually got his own contact. There was no problems during delivery, except that he had to check on the supplier if they have sent the wine to the hotel.

But honestly, it's a matter of co-ordination between the supplier and the hotel's co-ordinator. (e.g. when sending, look for who...) All can be settled with a phone call.

For AD, my hubby will also be getting back the same supplier.
happy.gif
Save a lot of trouble cos the wine-tasting already done the last time round. Haha....

blurberry

Hi all, I have some contact had delivery and consignment wine to banquet
happy.gif

Parker's Wine at 44 Canal ROad, tel: 6535 3987.
Eshcol Wine at Blk 1004,ToaPayoh Industrial Park #06-1485 tel:9027 2928
Star Celler at Stamford House, Tel: 6334 2320
Crystal Wines at 412 River Valley rd (01-02) Tel: 6737 3540
So far I know Parker's wine have wine tasting.
Eshcol Wine - cheapest red wine is $12.90, no wine tasting.

Carrefour also have consignment too!

strawbery8

Dear all,Any wine to recommand? What's the difference between a cabernet sauvigin and shiraz merlot? I'm so blur in looking for all these. HOpe u can help me with it.