Marina Mandarin Singapore

purinne

hiya lin
happy.gif
welcome to the club
happy.gif

i understand how u feel ... FH's dad also last min added 50 more guests to our list @_@

tink try tokin to ur coord to see if can switch to the ballroom on 1st fl? coz tink vanda can only 30 tables max oh ...

kappating

Gosh! Only 2 themes to select? This is so limited. My AD is in Dec 09, the coordinator has yet to contact me. Should I start to contact the coordinator to check regarding the wedding invitation cards?

purinne

hiya kappating ... there are 2 color themes to choose and 3 stage backdrops to choose ...

since ur AD in is Dec ... tink they'll b contactin u in sep ba ... they onli contact me 3 months before my weddin
happy.gif

lambies

Heya lin i'm also a June 2010 BTB too! Hi5!
happy.gif

Ginger: I was just thinking, most of the times, 20% of guests will drop out - correct me if I'm wrong girls! - so maybe won't be so bad? :/

deillusioned

purinne: guess we are in the same situation hehe.... but i agree with Junee that most of the time, the guest list is abt 80% only so keeping my fingers crossed heeh.... close to date have to recheck again i guess.....

missydoll

I hv signed up with MM for next year Sept 2010 at the Grand Ballroom. But i m kinda now worried becos of a feedback i heard - A fren told me that the food tasting was great but on the actual day, the food turned out to be super disappointing.
sad.gif

lambies

Missydoll: hello missydoll don't worry la
happy.gif
you've already signed up and the actual day is more about you too =) We won't get to eat so much and guests are very understanding about hotel food - it's a reflection of the hotel but the beauty of your wedding will not be diminished. =)

missydoll

Thanks Junee... u made me feel much better now. Lets just hope everything will turn out fine
happy.gif

Btw, r u taking the Grand or Vanda Ballroom ?

missydoll

Am taking grand.. i tink i just hv enuf to fill 35 tables + they r giving me 1 additional complimentary table so... total is 36 tables.

Btw, is the Vanda's ceiling as low & the aisle as short as Grand ?

lambies

vanda's definitely lower like what purinne said.. the aisle also shorter. my only chance in life to have a catwalk (HAHA!) and it's so short =)

kappating

Hi Evelyn, i received the same designs of the invitation cards from you, white & red. The design is very very very simple. The red one looks too 'chi-na'.

wlove

Hi babes,

Is it possible i have the 2010 Wedding Banquet package for MM as well? Was looking at Oriental, but min 35 tables for weekend.. I only have around 28!
sad.gif
Or any co-ordinator's email as well?

Thanks in advance.. wedding preparations are really such a headache!

rierie

hey kappating, i think it depends on individual preference ba..haahhahahaha..so u chose the white one? when's ur AD?

chocolatecoco

errr... i think its not completely red right? To me it abit shocking pink leh. Haha! But yes, more chi-na, but nobody really bother so much on the card. Save the expenses for the real actual day
happy.gif

rierie

yea chocolate! totally agree with u..thats why, in the end, we didn't go the printer recommended by MM hotel. went to malaysia instead. half price!!

but i'm really glad that they did the ribbon for us. i have friends complaining to me that it took them super long just to tie the ribbons

frostice

Hi, can anyone provide me the email of MM coordinator other than Fiona coz she did not reply my numerious emails.. Rather get someone whom is more attentive and one who reply to emails..
sad.gif

my email is [email protected]

ten

Hi Yong Seng
Fiona quite prompt in replying her email, maybe she on leave. Why dun u call her to discuss. She ok and quite a chatty person

kappating

Hi Evelyn,

My AD is on 23 Dec 09. We haven't decided which cards to choose, the shocking pink or the cream one. When will be your AD? So we can choose our own printing company?

strikingreality

For those who are considering Marina Mandarin, just to let u know there is a wedding show on 1 Nov 09.
happy.gif

Can contact their catering stuff for more details and registration form.

strikingreality

Would I mean staff, not stuff.

The perks are similar to what the rest of the forumers have posted in earlier post... but only valid for new bookings to end 2010. I am looking at 2011, so most likely cannot book during this wedding show...

rierie

Hey Kappating, my AD is 1 Nov 09. yep! we get to choose our own printing company for the inserts. i got mine printed in msia. much cheaper than what was suggested by the hotel
happy.gif

deillusioned

Frostice > I liaised directly with Wendy who is the F&B sales manager. Maybe you might like to contact her instead?

lynnkys > hey gal, muslim/vegetarian, just take the per table of 10 price and divide by 10. Anyway just for your info, i think you can seat max 11 pax per table. So say u have 6 muslims and 4 vegetarians, you have to either put all in 1 table or if u have lesser number, each table can only seat 1 extra. So if there's a muslim couple might have to separate to save $.
Anyone else can advise an alternative?

BTW: for those who have chosen Vanda ballroom, which march in songs are you using? I'm still choosing my song as the march in is very short and the song might not be halfway and we're done marching in....
sad.gif

rierie

lin, we got vanda ballroom..our march in songs will be by our live band. why not ask wendy? she quite experienced..

for those interested, we printed our 250 inserts for 90 RM

iris1980

Hi Evelyn,
Thanks for the update.
Bet it would be very romantic and fun to have a live band!
I remember the most for the banquets i've been to with live bands... =)
I would really love to have one.
But a bit out of the budget... so decided not to... =(