Marina Mandarin Singapore

purinne

hiya blue sky
happy.gif
... i understand fr my coordinator that the food will b prepared by their banquet chef (in house but not fr peach blossom) ...

princezz

Hi all..
I am 2010 MM bride too!
Just signed up with them... *Happy happy~!*
1 thing off the shoulder... no need to worry, compare and look around le...
Anyone who sign recently got the pearl necklace set??

happy_ting

hi ladies

i just had my wedding dinner at MM grandballroom 2 weeks ago. although it clashes with the IT fair (serious parking problem), but MM settle it well for us, and the banquet manager (namecard is at home, so i forgot his name)that i had is terrific. everything goes smoothly, no guest complain at all and i am glad that i have chosen MM for my wedding
happy.gif

ryco

The minimum tables for grand ballroom is 40 for weekends. Has anyone managed to negotiate for lower than 40 tables? Sigh... I am expecting about 35 tables on a Sat night.

ryco

Thanks, Evy... think i may have to give MM a miss... =( coz they seem quite stringent on that when i talked to them. A bit stressed to meet minimum tables if last min the guests list shrink.

tiffany_dream

Hi Corrine - the grand ballroom can hold 60, if only put 35 tables, might look empty.

Hi Purrine,so you getting the grand ballroom or vanda for lunch?

I am still considering, but i consider the perks quite good during the wedding show.

purinne

corrine, you can try speakin to kaylynn, my coordinator
happy.gif
... she's a very nice lady and alwaz tries to assist when possible
happy.gif

iris1980

Hi Jess>
After the chinese 7th month this year:
for dinner, it's $1038 nett for Friday & Sunday.
$1088 nett for Saturday
Not sure about weekdays
Before & during the chinese 7th month will be $50nett less each table. -$988/$1038 respectively.
MM food is supposed to be quite good. At least all my friends whom has attended weddings there have good review.
=)

octo

Hi Felicia,

We went for MM wedding show last yr. The food was pretty good. We thought its quite tasty compared to several other places. You might want to go to their wedding for food tasting.

chuar77

Hi,
I have the following items for sale.
These are bought last month, thus in very new condition.

1) Martell VSOP, 70cl, duty paid, 9 bottles, $70 each

2) Chivas Regal 12 yrs, 70cl, duty paid, 8 bottles, $55 each

Please email to [email protected] or sms to 91106030 for enquiries now!

nehoc

Actually i took several pics but i got difficult to post it in here to view directly. Max 50KB that was insance..

purinne

mornin nehoc
happy.gif

no worries ... tink the forum is tryin to discourage ppl fr postin too many pics ... thus, the size limit
happy.gif

purinne

hey nehoc
happy.gif
no worries ... i already managed to see pics u earlier posted
happy.gif
... i mean thru the links u posted
happy.gif
... i'll get to see the real stuffies when i go and meet mi coordinator in jun/jul to select theme and favours
happy.gif

but thank u so much for sharin the pics and latest info with us
happy.gif

lovie_dovie

Hi Girls,

I just got married in MM's level 1 ballroom. All i wish to say is that i enjoy the whole process of my wedding and aftermath where i was treated and pampered lik a princess!
happy.gif
Hope you guys enjoy holding your wedding there! You have made a right choice!

lovie_dovie

Hi Purinne,

Don't worry, you are in good hands! As for the food, it was not bad BUT for one of the food in the menu, the tea duck or herbal duck will smell no matter how u cook it! Wondering that whether you have this item in ur menu..
happy.gif

purinne

hiya lovie dovie
happy.gif

thank u for the assurance
happy.gif
... i cant re whether i hav any duck dish in my menu
happy.gif
but will go check
happy.gif

btw who was ur coordinator???
happy.gif
oh ya ... also the banquet manager
happy.gif

i have to depend on mi coordinator to help mi with alot of the stuffies coz i'll b goin to MM imme after my church weddin ...

lovie_dovie

Hi Purinne,

My coordinator is Kaylynn and my banquet manager is Mr How. Hope it helps! Don't worry about the hotel thing as i went straight to MM after chinese customary too and that they already made arrangement to welcome me and help me with my things! Marvelous!
happy.gif
(Minus away duck thing..) I miss MM..

chocolatecoco

Hi Lovie, is yours also a lunch?

Hi Purine, i thought lunch at grandballroom level 1 min is 30tables?

Actually i tasted the duck with the pancake, it taste very very very good! In fact, i think much better than the chicken. I thinking to change my chicken to duck instead.

lovie_dovie

chocolate - Mine was a dinner at Level 1. I occupy the whole ballroom as i had 50 tables. On my wedding day, i given given privileges coz i'm the ONLY wedding couple on that day and my guest have no problems knowing the way around!
happy.gif

The duck with pancake was good but the only thing is that for some parts (near the backside) it will smells and for those unlucky ones like me! Happens to have that! For my food testing, me and my hubby teste the stinky part whereas my relatives taste all the good ones.. Wahahahahah..
But trust me, besides that, MM is still good!

purinne

hiya lovie dovie
happy.gif
... mi coordinator is kaylynn too~~~
happy.gif

chocolate ... actually MM is quite flexible with min table requirements for lunch
happy.gif
... min is actually 25 for lunch and 30 for dinner, if im not wrong abt the latter
happy.gif

purinne

lovie dovie, mi weddin is on 24 oct
happy.gif

at first i worried abt the food ... coz none of mi frenz had dinners at MM before ... but kaylynn's friendly and professional service and the nice ambience won us over :D ... hehehe ... i love the main ballroom's stage backdrop :D

purinne

chocolate ... i dun hav ... but re seeing it online somewhere
happy.gif
u can also go down to take a look ... to see the backdrop and whether you are comfortable with the ceilin ht
happy.gif

raywen

Hi there, I practically have read through all the archives already; mine is in Vanda ballroom end of this year.

Would like to know if anyone has asked if MM has those mega VIP table?? I'm not a mummy's girl but I really much much prefer sitting with my parents and siblings than with his family. Feel so much more at ease and myself. Hence to be fair, would like to fnd out if tere is one such table?

If not, anyone able to advise whether I can spilt half half for the 2 VIP table? as in, 1st VIP table made up of both sides parents and 2 other "calefare" from each side. The 2nd VIP table seats all our siblings and their partner etc? Has nyone attempted this?

octo

Hi Raywen,

You might want to check with the MM coordinators about the availability of the Mega vip table. The usual custom is for the new couple to sit with the groom side as it symbolises the acceptance of the new family addition.

And usually for the dinner, the couple hardly get to sit down. Think only for the 1st 2 dishes, then we got to change into the 2nd gown and 2nd walk-in. After the 2nd walk-in, its picture time. Then follow by having the last dessert and standing-by for goodbye handshake.

Just to share, I had my rom last yr at another hotel with the round table setting. I had 2 vip table where I sat with my hubby's family. I personally think that its a better arrangement than to make the 2 families sit together as each family will feel more comfortable if eating with own members, can crack some personal jokes within themselves. And also coupled with the fact that the couple is usually not at the table, I think I would prefer my parents and siblings to feel at ease and joyful throughout the dinner.

These are just my personal thoughts and preference. You might want to think about them.

rockofice

Hi all

I am a 2010 BTB and will like to ask if MM Grand Ballroon is pillarless and high ceiling? If it is high ceiling, how high?

purinne

i feel it looks nice and cosy ... love the backdrop ...

suggest u go take a look
happy.gif
... coz diff ppl hav diff views and opinion
happy.gif

bridebridebride

i got a ballroom with high ceiling at 4m high. i forget which ballroom but i know the total capacity is 60 tables.

i really got a good deal with them today. nv even bargain for anything......

they already show hand.......

anyone share their menu & offer?