Marina Bay Sands (MBS)

moodyliser

The food quality was ok just that they didn't make the dishes looked appeitising (garnishing). I can see MBS improvement from their services and food quality as compare to the comments made earlier in 2010.

Other observations: beer run out faster than wine. it is really highly recommend to serve alcoholic during the commencement of banquet. Table to table are quite spacious, not squeezy despite the ballroom had placed max tables.

Ladies, anyone holding your ROM at MBS's garden walk? The coordinator was telling me that the deco will be another additional cost, omg, i think MBS is horrible, they cannot throw in perks and yet earning every bit of money they can. Gosh! Sort of regret..

lynnwei

Haha... From the last I know raffles hotel is charging $2000 for their lawn without decor as well for rom... So I dun think mbs is that expensive... After all it's a 5 star hotel... For the price they charge and the food on the menu I think they are quite reasonable among such categories of hotels...

moodyliser

Michelle,
I am holding my ROM at the garden walk. Yes no deco. But my coordinator said i can use the banquet table centerpiece for the deco (bring from and back the ballroom). Save money since is a 15-30 mins event only. The table and chairs provided for the ROM are covered with linen, so not too bad.

All Hotels ROM site do not provide deco. At most they will only throw in a table flower. So pretty standard for all, not just MBS

Fullerton $3000+. Oriental 2000+. RWS 500+, GWP 500+, Sheraton 800+. Amara Santuary 2200+. they don't include anything e.g. food, drinks and deco. only linen long table and chairs.

xiao_ya

Hi all,

I only have 18tables and I understand that the min req is 20tables.

any advise whether I can neg with MBS to cater for 18tables only?

Thanks.

lynnwei

Hi bliss star,

You can just settle for 18 tables. But you will still need to fulfill the min spending for 20 tables.. They will usually ask you to upgrade the dishes... Hope it's enough info for u...

moodyliser

hi xiao ya,
from my experience for Intercon, they still let you proceed with the booking despite you didn't meet min table requirement but you still have to pay the total amount of the min tables. The remaining amount you can spend on which ever. you may try to talk to MBS if you wish to hold your wedding there.

Example 18 tables, you will pay 20 * per table rate. The remaining 2 tables amt you can ask for adding other perks.

kdandelion

Moodyliser: I suspect we are under the same coordinator
happy.gif

Actually I am a Nov bride as well, I suspect some of us might be on the same date~!

lynnwei

Hi ladies!
I found the house wine the mbs is serving in cold storage! Going at 22.5 per bottle... That's less than half the price mbs is charging...

moodyliser

Hi Dandelion,
Really? PM me, we can communicate : )
Indeed there are quite a few nov brides here.

Hi Lynnwei,
There was once Fairprice was on discount at $15.
For Perks::: then again either you get free corkage of wine + pay extra for the wine you buy for bringing in OR you get their Free wine per table
For Extra::: Either you get from them of the same wine at $57 or you get your own one + Corkage charge of $50 (or 57).
So depend on decision - good wine tasting or save money.
Lindermann is an average aussie wine. If you really wan to go for atas or nice taste aussie wine, then Lindermann is not the one you are looking for. You can bring in or upgrade to like wolf blass, jacob creek etc.

liquidzza

Maybe we can do an update of our AD here then...i'll start! ^_^

Liquidzza - 14 NOV 12, Sunday

My friend had her D&D at MBS. she said the Lindemann red wine is nice leh. think most likely i will take wines fr MBS direct, pay $57++ instead of bringing my own. the corkage charge of $50++ is so ex, and if BYO, still have to go look for wine consignments, decide how many bottles of red/white wine to get...more headache

im really still undecided if i should get live band, photobooth or candy bar...

went to a frenz wedding and realised live band can be quite noisy. esp if singers arent that great, nobody's really paying attention even! argh really cant decide becoz they r all extra cost, and if i pay for yours truly (3band n one double emcee + sound system= $2250!) =(

photobooth seems to be popular, but i cant stand the not so good quality print out most companies provided...thinking if i should just take polaroid for guest and use for my guest book.

candybar is really sweet i think. However, DIY is a headache, coz XD JM gotta help carry and set up the heavy stuff. engaging a professional usually sets at $1500...$$$$$$$

how about you gals, any special plans for AD?

lynnwei

Sound like a great idea!
Mine is on 18 nov 12 Sunday
I'm also thinking hard on wat special activity I should have on the AD... But currently still have no clue...

wenditan

Lynnwei, mine is also on 18 nov 12. However, mine is a wedding lunch. Whats your ballroom? I thought of having a cupcake bar but will see how.

wenditan

Mine is at peony ballroom level 4. Hmm.. There are few online shop that sell cupcakes, still deciding. Anyway, it's still long.

val84

I am looking at 20tbls.. The coordinator asked for 10k o_O then again, i havent look ard much. My fiance is much more interested in getting mbs.. Some of my friends told me usually its abt 5k? So 8k is considered norm?

lynnwei

Hi ladies,

I have 30 tables, to be exact I paid 9.5 k.. I think it's standard cos it's a percentage of the min spending that you need to fulfill...

liquidzza

MBS btbs

Moodyliser oct
Liquidzza 14oct dinner (begonia jr)
Lynnwei 18nov lunch (simpor)
Wendy tan 18nov lunch (peony)
Oinkiee nov (begonia jr)
Epicentee dec

Wanqi22 (simpor)
K dandelion

liquidzza

Hi Valencia I also paid 8k deposit for my min 20tbles. Usually it's ard $4-$5k for other hotels..

Thanks moodyliser for sharing e suite video? I'm surprised their suite don't look very nice hor? Does anyone feel the same? I'm thinking if I should extend my stay coz one night seems so short to relax!! I havent been to Mbs hotel skypark n swimming pool before...

After attending a fren wedding with a live band, think not many people pay attention n in fact, the singing wasn't quite enjoyed. Maybe I won't engage a band n just stick to my candy bar and DIY pot booth instead.. Hehhe

Just met up with wedding present to sketch my mtm gowns..such a headache!!;( .didn't know they won't provide advice to the pictures I show them at all...I have to decide on everything!!!

liquidzza

wow, its been so quiet here. is any btbs wedding date nearing? anyone attended wedding at mbs or have new photos to share? ehehe...

yuyu

dear all, i am also looking for a ballroom suitable for 20 to 22 tables at MBS..

Be.In.Vogue, my htb also like the idea of having breakfast at sky park, and i am kinda liking it =p

dear lynnwei/moodyliser, can you share your photos with me?

dear liquidzza, can you share your photos on the invitation cards and wedding flavours with me?

my email: [email protected]
really appreciate it =)

liquidzza

yuyu, ive sent the cards sample to you. cant find the wedding favours, but u can ask ur coordinator for it.its just a pdf file..=)

yuyu

dear liquidzza,

thanks for your help, however i dun seem to receive any email in my mailbox =(
if it is not troublesome for you, could you please send again? Thanks so much!!

moodyliser

Hi yuyu,
I have sent you the photos. Have you booked MBS?

Hi liquidzza,
You are so fast. I haven't done my fitting (quite piss), i am still in the process of reviewing my layout. I hope I can go for fitting soon, in case there is some time for MTM.

liquidzza

Hihi moodyliser!*waves* havent hear from you lately! hee, mine is all mtm dresses, thats y i go so early ah! planning my PS on 11May. my 1st fitting only wedding gown is ready for fitting. gown is not "decorated" yet, only the fitting layer.. just designed my tea dress n eveing gown too! 2nd fitting in mar *excited*

been trying to see online if i can find more photos of weddings held in MBS recently, but dont have leh...still havent think of wad flowers i want to use and color and theme yet. somehow my date seems so near yet so far! but time is passing so fast to realise I have 7mths more! i better get my hands on..

thinking of DIY my love declaration, placards for DIY photobooth and candybar also. and thinking of sisters n brothers wear....argh! so much to do!

wenditan

Hi liquidzza, are you doing a DIY candy bar yourself or from hotel? As I checked with the coordinator of mine, I was told that I need to submit them the photos and ingredient of the items to management for approval first.

moodyliser

Hi liquidzza, that's so nice. i hope i can get my fitting soon. My wedding in 6 mths time but done 0 preparation due to busy schedule. Indeed Wedding has lots of thing to do. BIG HEADACHE for all brides.

Yes, difficult to find more pic unless we head down to site inspection again when there is event.
I went to Sin Soon Florist on one sunday since i was around the area. Though the in charge was not around, i spoke to one of their staff. Understand the decoration is more or less standard. Only able to choose number of flowers that MBS has assigned. If extra flowers is required, it will be under the couple expenses. After hearing i quite disappoint. after seeing so many MBS banquets flowers, the deco is really pretty standard and simple. would not give the WOW effect.

Hi wendy,
I was thinking to do my own candy bar too i.e. throw sweets/choco on the table for the table for the guests. not sure if approval is still required.

liquidzza

@wendy tan. really? need to submit photos and ingredient? i was told to sign an indemnity form only leh.. i thought of DIY candybar. as in just buy bottles n jars filled with sweets, then cupcakes i will buy fr a vendor.

@moodyliser, how simple is simple? do they have photos of the standard weddings? that means most of the flowers we see at MBS wedding are top-ups? (*___*) more money again! but if we do top-up, around how much more? and asking them to decorate ROM is another amount right?

yuyu

Dear moodyliser, thanks for the photos!!

I have not booked MBS, i jus received the draft agreement from coordinator and there are some points we need to clarify.

There is something about certificate of insurance, wondering whether this is necessary at all.
any one have any idea how much to pay for this certificate? or can we not buy it at all for wedding?

the whole agreement looks like so formal and covered everything in black and white, compared to other hotels like those i saw before is not so formal until like tat, too formal is like not friendly nia.. hope the service will be maintained at a gd level and not as 'unfriendly' as the agreement.. hee

liquidzza

@moodyliser, when are you taking your photoshoot? mine is 11may. thought of doing my own candybar, ordered some glass bottles, cupcake holder and LOVE candy holder from taobao..waiting for it to arrive! (i think i spend alot buying DIY stuff and decor already!) hmmm about the candybar, only heard from my coordinator about the indemnity form but not the photos and ingredient like Wendy what says leh..how about you? thinking of getting cupcakes then the rest most probably wrapped snacks like pocky, chocolate and candy, so that there's not so much problem of baked items (like cakes and tarts)

@yuyu, some one asked about the insurance before. but i think no btbs here bought bah...hehe..anyway if we want to set up our own dessert bar, my coordinator mentioned we have to sign an indemnity form to bear consequences i.e. food poisoning since its not catered by MBS.

dear jilim, michelle, shirley, i have forwarded you. when's your wedding date?

wenditan

Hi peeps, yup my coordinator require me to submit the photos and ingredient of the items for approval of the management. and so i did, and management has already approved and i has sign the idemnity form as well!

@Liquidzza mind sharing the taobao website for those cupcake holder? also, do you know anywhere selling those cake stand? i checked with my coordinator and she mention that mbs do not have any cakestand to provide me. thats so sad about it...
sad.gif

moodyliser

HI Shirley/Michele/Jilm,
Sorry for MIA for quite some time due to busy with housing stuff. I will send you the photos shortly.

Hi liquidzza,
I will go down for gown selection/MTM on good friday. Finally. I have photoshoot last year in Greece so right now just need to select AD Gowns.
Me too, i wanted to do mine. Flying to BKK in MAY, want to get lots of candy and sweet from their wholesales.
After the candy holder is arrive, do show us.

Hi Wendy, you doing DIY candy bar too?

mixue87

Hi, can anyone tell me more about the food and service? Do we need to top you for a lot of other items besides those given in the package compared to the other hotels like pan pacific? Is the food prepared by their restaurant chef or it's only for their banquet?

Hi liquidzza, my wedding is in oct 2013. I'm still trying to decide between a few places. But because the parents have many business partners and friends, they naturally prefer to have a place that sounds and looks expensive. Sigh...