March 2018 BTB

Temotatafu

Helloooo to all beautiful March 2018 BTB,

It's 10 months to our wedding day. Thought it will be good for us to come together and share some tips and advise on the preparation. Can't wait to hear from everyone :) cheers!!

swashed

Also a March 2018 BTB tho I haven't settled anything except booked my pre wedding shoot haha. Anyway just dropped in to say hi :)

Temotatafu

Also a March 2018 BTB tho I haven't settled anything except booked my pre wedding shoot haha. Anyway just dropped in to say hi :)

Hi swashed, congrats! Better start surveying hotel if you consider to throw a banquet in hotel. I went to a few hotels, and they March slot are mostly booked already.

babyPiya_

Hi! March 2018 BTB here, settled my banquet & bridal..

Have u guys settled AD PG & VG? Any recommendation?

Thanks!

swashed

Hi swashed, congrats! Better start surveying hotel if you consider to throw a banquet in hotel. I went to a few hotels, and they March slot are mostly booked already.

Congrats to u too! I'm not booking w hotel as my number of guests are not a lot, only about 100. Booked my restaurant venue yesterday

Now left to book my pg/vg..

swashed

Hi! March 2018 BTB here, settled my banquet & bridal..

Have u guys settled AD PG & VG? Any recommendation?

Thanks!

Not yet.. it depends on your budget and style you're going for I guess. I tend to favour those I spotted on the wedding scoop website.. u can check out those for inspiration :)

Jessie.Y

hello all March BTBs! I think i've settled more or less for my big day like prewed, AD, live band, PT+VG & hotel. Super excited about it!

Jessie.Y

Hi Girls. March 2018 Btb as well. Do yall know anyone good with putting up fairy lights?

Hi Priya1610! I've seen 1011 productions' works before, you can go google on them. Its really v mesmerizing but i think they are too pricey though. I previously did asked them for quotes. You can pm me if you wanna know their rates! :)

asuna

hello all March BTBs! I think i've settled more or less for my big day like prewed, AD, live band, PT+VG & hotel. Super excited about it!

Hi Jessie

Congrats!! May I pls ask which live band did U engaged and what r their charges like?
Thanks!

Jessie.Y

Hi Jessie

Congrats!! May I pls ask which live band did U engaged and what r their charges like?
Thanks!

Hi Asuna! Thanks! Congrats to you as well! I engaged JYPosh Entertainment for a 2-pc performance at a special rate of $1399 nett for their senior musicians during their show previously.

Jessie.Y

Yes! I signed with them also.. our AD only a week apart, i took imperial ball room, how abt u?
My bridal is love story..

Haha! I took the Grand Mandarin Ballroom. My bridal is from The Aisle Bridal. Did your bridal shop advise you when would be the good timing to go down for gown fitting? What about the wedding theme? Have you decided yet? Their newly showcase Chandelier theme suits your Imperial Ballroom alot! Even the carpet fits too! I'm kind of worried that if i take the new Chandelier theme, it may not turn out nice cos for the Grand Mandarin Ballroom, the carpet's quite oriental feel.

babyPiya_

Haha! I took the Grand Mandarin Ballroom. My bridal is from The Aisle Bridal. Did your bridal shop advise you when would be the good timing to go down for gown fitting? What about the wedding theme? Have you decided yet? Their newly showcase Chandelier theme suits your Imperial Ballroom alot! Even the carpet fits too! I'm kind of worried that if i take the new Chandelier theme, it may not turn out nice cos for the Grand Mandarin Ballroom, the carpet's quite oriental feel.

Yes, we set timing for bridal fitting already but everything in Q4 this year..

oh ya i hvnt seen the new theme btw.. issit nice???
I think if u really like the theme they can customize for u to match with ur ballroom.. who is ur coordinator?

Jessie.Y

Yes, we set timing for bridal fitting already but everything in Q4 this year..

oh ya i hvnt seen the new theme btw.. issit nice???
I think if u really like the theme they can customize for u to match with ur ballroom.. who is ur coordinator?

Hi babyPiya, the new theme is similar to Tiffany & Co color combination, and it was showcase in Imperial Ballroom and it was very mesmerizing! I liaised with Ms Tricia Chua, you?

babyPiya_

Hi babyPiya, the new theme is similar to Tiffany & Co color combination, and it was showcase in Imperial Ballroom and it was very mesmerizing! I liaised with Ms Tricia Chua, you?

Mine Michelle.. do u hv the pic of the theme? I so curious haha...

kytheon

Hi all, more or less settled on the date 24/3/18, but have yet to sign with hotel or anything else. Appreciate if you all could advice me on the things needed... kinda lost on the wedding stuff. I have already done my rom, so need to think what to do during the actual banquet itself. Any recommendations/ideals?

Jessie.Y

Hi all, more or less settled on the date 24/3/18, but have yet to sign with hotel or anything else. Appreciate if you all could advice me on the things needed... kinda lost on the wedding stuff. I have already done my rom, so need to think what to do during the actual banquet itself. Any recommendations/ideals?

Hey babe, are you looking for wedding lunch or dinner? large or smaller scale ones? I think hotel & PWS should be your priority first. Then you probably can google on some entertainment for your guests? Like photobooth and live band etcs?

Exquisitevibez

Hi all, March 2018 wedding as well. Just touching base somewhat. So far I've only settled gown ,ore or less and shortlisting venues. Since we only have around 50 guests, our venues are rather limited if we are looking at so called wedding venues. Still thinking if we are going to have photography and videographer though. Any recommendations on these? Thanks in advance!

MTV GAL

Hi all, March 2018 wedding as well. Just touching base somewhat. So far I've only settled gown ,ore or less and shortlisting venues. Since we only have around 50 guests, our venues are rather limited if we are looking at so called wedding venues. Still thinking if we are going to have photography and videographer though. Any recommendations on these? Thanks in advance!

I think you can consider One 15 Marina Club since the maximum is 60 guests for them.

For photographer and videographer can consider Wayne's studio. I have signed up with them :)

kytheon

Hey babe, are you looking for wedding lunch or dinner? large or smaller scale ones? I think hotel & PWS should be your priority first. Then you probably can google on some entertainment for your guests? Like photobooth and live band etcs?
currently dinner. hubby in camp at the moment, thus only can sign once he has complete his in camp period. PWS so far only decide to do at friend's friend shop in penang (friend is a malaysian), but no idea when should we do the PWS. any advice on when shld i do the PWS before the AD?

Happyfood

Anyone looking for Aisle bridal AD package? I'm selling ;) they are not offering this price anymore as my friend just signed up with them

Hi all! I'm a March 2018 bride too! I've booked bridal studio, AD PG &VG, venue, JP and transport. Meeting up with live band next week for discussion before confirming any.

Jessie.Y

Hi all! I'm a March 2018 bride too! I've booked bridal studio, AD PG &VG, venue, JP and transport. Meeting up with live band next week for discussion before confirming any.

Hi Jasminetea8, Whoo congrats! You booked JP already? Omg thats fast! Or it is actually time to start booking them le? Hahaha.

Clover89

Hi all, I'm also a March 2018 bride! Have booked venue, bridal studio, AD PG and soft book JP although mine is just a small scale event. :)

Hi Jasminetea8, Whoo congrats! You booked JP already? Omg thats fast! Or it is actually time to start booking them le? Hahaha.

Thanks and congrats too! I think it's always better to book early! Cos my friend's wedding is in Dec this year and when she tried to book her preferred JP in April, she's being taken up and she sent enquiries to about 20 and only 1 is free. Hahaha so after hearing that, I quickly booked mine.

Jessie.Y

Thanks and congrats too! I think it's always better to book early! Cos my friend's wedding is in Dec this year and when she tried to book her preferred JP in April, she's being taken up and she sent enquiries to about 20 and only 1 is free. Hahaha so after hearing that, I quickly booked mine.

I''ve managed to engage the same JP from my future Dasao already, the JP says its too early for him to commit but for now he says tentatively its a go. Heheheh. Realized this thread is less active than before already. :(

Temotatafu

I''ve managed to engage the same JP from my future Dasao already, the JP says its too early for him to commit but for now he says tentatively its a go. Heheheh. Realized this thread is less active than before already. :(

How do you all find and engage JP? My HTB said it's too early to look for one.

a_sira

Hi all, I'm new here.I also planned my wedding around this time. It will be good to have some support here as I haven't done any planning! :D What is Jp btw?

Jessie.Y

Hi all, I'm new here.I also planned my wedding around this time. It will be good to have some support here as I haven't done any planning! :D What is Jp btw?

Hi a_sira! Congrats! JP means Justice of Peace. Well you probably have to first start hunting for venues then!

Temotatafu

Hehe, can always check through ROM websites for the list of licensed solemnizers, but im just kind of worried on their 'reviews".

I heard some of them are very "strict", somehow it will tense up the whole atmosphere. Anyway, I planned to do my ROM and Tea Ceremony after the lunch reception. Is the planning weird?

kcsh

Hi Kytheon, I think you should start finding your venue first if you intend to do it at the hotel. As for me, I'm also doing my lunch wedding on 24 March 2018 which apparently it's an auspicious day so hotels are easily fully booked especially on weekends. Mine is a small scale of 8-10 tables only. So far I have asked 3 hotels and 2 of them are fully booked for March & April. I still thought I'm early and ahead of time but in fact I'm not. Lol.

Jen.C

Hello.. i'm a march 2018 bride too. Have booked bridal studio, venue, actual day mua, pg, vg and jp.
Doing my prewed shoot next mth.
I saw some of you post about engaging live band. Can pm me the quotation of the live bands?
Any anyone has vendor to deco wedding album table?
TIA.

I've shortlisted a couple of live band and will be heading down to the cafe/bar/bistro to listen to all before deciding. As for decor of wedding tables, I'm going to DIY myself! I've enquire on a few vendor and they are soooooo expensive!

kytheon

Hi all,
Just signed the venue for my AD, went to a head monk of a temple to get confirmation that this date is gd for me n htb at the insist of my parents. So word of advice, get religious leaders confirmation on the date that you have selected. dont be like me, learned the hard way.

Anyway, to share my views on wedding planning. Visiting religious leaders (mine was Taoism for both families) really helped alot. they will explain to you on the things needed to buy and do. And also what not to do. Mine need to set the bed and guo da li, which the monk also gave me the date and time to do these. Really depend on you, you may wish to consult FSM if you have more funds. After the trip to the temple, suddenly i know how to start planning for my wedding and what things to let both families know what to do.

Have yet to take pws, planning to do it end of this year, easier. now what is left is sending the rsvp of friends.

Just my two cents thoughts.

Jen.C

I've shortlisted a couple of live band and will be heading down to the cafe/bar/bistro to listen to all before deciding. As for decor of wedding tables, I'm going to DIY myself! I've enquire on a few vendor and they are soooooo expensive!
Can share your research? Hehe. Thank you

capsule

Hi I wonder if anyone here happen to know the measurement of the album table? Want to get the tutu table skirt from taobao but not sure if it fits especially the height.

Jessie.Y

I heard some of them are very "strict", somehow it will tense up the whole atmosphere. Anyway, I planned to do my ROM and Tea Ceremony after the lunch reception. Is the planning weird?

Hmm, a little weird cos the end of lunch reception signifies the end of the whole banquet and hence your guests may start leaving already.