Mandarin Oriental Singapore

Dizzedup

Can anyone share with me the wedding show perks for 2015?
Cannot find the details in the pack they gave us during the show. Thanks!

helloiamJ

Has anyone used Jenny as your wedding for your coordinator? Is she good?

Im not sure about her as she sounds quite aloof on the phone.

Appreciate if anyone can let me know who are the good coordinators with MO, as those good ones that are mentioned in this forum such as Bethany and Eve have left the department.

Thanks in advance!

Clara Lin

My event manager is Jenny at MO. Both HTB and myself doesn't like her way of handling and stingy on perks... Everything is No u can imagine..

After comparing with other hotels, we still prefer MO so have to make do with her... :(

Using SingaporeBrides app

helloiamJ

exactly...sorry no, afraid not, can't do, really cannot

I really don't like her......still deciding between intercom and MO. Maybe can check out other coordinators at the wedding show this Aug

Clara Lin

Yes~ that's the only reply she can give.. I'm going down on 3 aug to sign the contract but before that I'm going to find out what else we can ask for since it's a showcase..

Simple perks, she just can't get it done.. I'm seriously feel she got no capability or she just want to help MO save costs!

I went to intercon but in the end I still feel MO is much better unless u are taking intercon big ballroom..

Hi Clara , care to share what were e perks that u asked? Becoz if I'm not wrong, hotels r kinda strict with their perks...

Yes~ that's the only reply she can give.. I'm going down on 3 aug to sign the contract but before that I'm going to find out what else we can ask for since it's a showcase..

Simple perks, she just can't get it done.. I'm seriously feel she got no capability or she just want to help MO save costs!

I went to intercon but in the end I still feel MO is much better unless u are taking intercon big ballroom..

Clara Lin

All perks I requested are quite standard and most of the hotels are giving even better perks than I requested except for MO.

MO more strict and inflexible as compare to MBS and Intercon

Dizzedup

Hi All!

Who signed up at the wedding show today? Other than the given perks, were you able to squeeze out other things?
As per other experiences, they seem really stringent on this front..

bouble

Hi All,

I would like to let go my wedding package at Mandarin Oriental Singapore.

Package details as below:

Minimum utilization: SGD12,000
Selling price :SGD10,000
Validity: From now till 31 Dec 2014

Kindly contact me if you keen on the above.
Thanks.

Sher1234

Hi I am new here.. I missed the wedding showcase of MO. However I went down to MO today and they are willing to extend the wedding perks.

berriesdot

Hi. Can anyone also share with me the perks that MO offered during the showcase? Just want to have a comparison for negotiation purpose. Thanks!

Sher1234

Hi hi.. Sorry all for my late posting. I wanted to take lunch, it 1128 plus plus. No free wine and no beer. One night stay at bridal suite and no complimentary stay for wedding coordinators. But they are willing to extend the use of a function room for my solemnization, a free barrel of beer or complimentary wine, forget how many bottles and waived corkage fees for hard liquor.. Oh and 40 percent discount for food tasting.. That's all.. Hope it helps.

daniella.c

Hello dears!

Has anyone opted for the 6 course plated Chinese dinner for MO before? I'm considering going for it but I do not know if it's sufficient for the guests.

Please give me some advice ! :)

Tingzcrown

Hi everyone! How's the review for MO so far? I'm short-listing this for my AD next year~
They are great in terms of food, views for deluxe normal rooms :) suites are at the older block hence views are not mbs view :) perks are quite a handful depending on your Coordinator :) pricing same / almost conrad price but this requires 35 tables for sat dinner

ohmytego

They are great in terms of food, views for deluxe normal rooms :) suites are at the older block hence views are not mbs view :) perks are quite a handful depending on your Coordinator :) pricing same / almost conrad price but this requires 35 tables for sat dinner

Thanks for your reply :) My HTB likes MO too so we'll just be holding our dinner at the Atrium Suites as we wanted to keep it small and simple. I think if getting the ballroom have better perks but its ok :) Did you hold your banquet at MO?

Tingzcrown

Thanks for your reply :) My HTB likes MO too so we'll just be holding our dinner at the Atrium Suites as we wanted to keep it small and simple. I think if getting the ballroom have better perks but its ok :) Did you hold your banquet at MO?

Hihi, we yet to hold our dinner so we looking ard but I went to MO wedd before and food is damn gd ! We might not take MO as sat they req min 35tables and its one of the higher end hotels at 1.8k per table :/

ThumbsUp

I'll be having a pool-side buffet reception (dinner) at The Oriental next year. Any feedback on the food, decor, ambience?

Attended a wedding luncheon just last week. Had to bring along an elderly and made a mistake of not dropping elderly at the lobby. There were no lifts nor escalator from the carpark, only an escalator to the Marina Shopping Mall. Concierge was not very helpful when we asked for a wheelchair for mother in law who was staggering after climbing the stairs. It was a hassle to find our way there. Overall the food was ok but in rather small portions.