Mandarin Oriental Singapore

bortei

hi there
so far for 2003, are there any oriental brides who has had their wedding already?
really hope to hear some experiences....thanks.

M

mcmy

hi edde, sorry for late reply. juz saw this msg.
i booked my package sometime in late nov 02.

coal

Hi ppl,
this tread seem 2 die off.
can we list down here who r the oriental brides & date as a form of updating each other?

me go 1st:

coal 26 Oct

M

mcmy

mcmy 19 oct
Babbit 6 sep (banquet 7 sep)
coal 26 oct
edde 25 nov
Feb 10 nov

kelsey

Hi all,

I'm back from my wedding on the 15th Feb. You can totally be rest assured. The Oriental did a totally amazing job! It was just the wedding of my dreams. The service was impeccable and everything was just done accordingly to what I wanted and it even exceeded my expectations. The florist did a great job and the set-up was totally gorgeous. I used red orchids and bear grass with lots of candles and pebbles. Everyone said the food was fantastic (mine is a western sit down) and the banquet guy in charge of the night, Francis Kuah was really fantastic and on top of things. He was definately the man of the night. Even my guests commented on his service and attentiveness. He made sure everything was ok and when my hubby lost a bag with his handphone in it, he got everything all sorted out. Despite Agnes being on long leave and only getting back the day before my wedding, she made sure everything was handed over properly and that all the details were documented and sorted out.

And the wedding cake! Don't know where to start. It was just amazing. All my guests took so many pictures of the cake. I had a real wedding cake. Chef Jane was great. When the cake was cut and served to the guests, she decorated it with golden hearts on the plate. The guests were all so impressed. She really added that final touch.

Their attention to details was just impressive. The room we had was fantastic. Within 5 mins of us checking in, someone came up and delivered a card on behalf of the GM. We wrote a letter to the GM complimenting the staff and the GM actually came down personally when we were checking out to speak to us. Me and my hubby are really really impressed. We are still buzzing from the wedding and my guests are still talking about it. The weather really held up (I had an outdoor solemnization by the pool and it was raining but we decided to go ahead and it cleared up just enough for us to have the ceremony).

So no worries about having your wedding there. The staff there are simply great.

I'll try to post some pics when the photos come in.

kelsey

Hi

I've got the photos already of the wedding dinner so if you're interested in looking at my wedding dinner set-up, leave your email and I'll email you the pics.

Kelsey

kelsey

Hi Bortei, coal and simple,

I've just sent the link to you. Check your email and let me know if it got to you ok.

My wedding was a small one. I had it at the Ariel/Tapeing Suites on the 5th level. Just nice to hold 13 tables plus a dance floor.

tiara

Hi Kelsey

Congratulations and happy that your wedding at the Oriental went well. Can I take a look at your pix please. I am at [email protected]

Thanks!
happy.gif

girl

Dear Kelsery,

it has been sometime that I have not been to this thread. Congratulations and great to hear that you have a wonderful wedding.

Can i view your photos? My email is [email protected]

thank you very much.

B

bride-to be

Hi everyone!I am keen on holding my 2004 wedding in Oriental.However,my budget is less than $700 per table.Is it possible to get that price for a weekend (Sat/Sun) wedding dinner?Thanks!

tigger

Hi Kelsey,

Good to hear about your comments on Oriental.. I attended a colleague's wedding their last month and that helped me decide on them as well.. can you pls send me your pics as well I am interested in the flower decorations you have.. I am planning a Christmas wedding and hope to go along that theme so some ideas wld be good. Also did you have to pay the extra? Also, what about the cake.. I always thought it was a good idea to share the wedding cake..

my email is [email protected]

kelsey

Hi tigger,

I've sent the link to your email and have also given you a list of ideas for your christmas theme wedding. If you need help, let me know.

pebble

Hi Kelsey,
would love to take a look at ur pics... Can send it to me at [email protected]?... Thank u
Have u tot of posting the link to ur pics on this thread?... Den can save u the trouble of sending so many times... kekeke

fizz

Hi Kelsey

Do u tink I can hv a l@@k at yr pics as well, "[email protected]"? Thanx! Jus met up wif Melanie last couple of weeks...seemed quite professional but was a bit uncomfortable as the meetin went too biz like...mabbe it's the 1st meetin...or I dun reeli now how to start the discussion...went directly to the negotiations. Howz the food at Oriental, anybody?

kelsey

Hi pebble and fizz,

I just got back all my photos from the photographer yesterday and I'm in the midst of downloading them onto the site. Give me a few days and I'll send the link to you.

Fizz, Melanie handled my case when Agnes was on leave. Yes...I find her very business like too compated to Agnes but she's very efficient and organised so you have no worries.

I had the western food menu and it was really good. Not sure what the chinese food is like though.

fizz

Hi Kelsey

Thanx a million for tat! Went to a few other hotels to view...still tink tat oriental has the best value for $$$ package...my fren had her weddin there a yr ago and was still full of praises for it...btw, do put a pix of yr wedding cake...and do u need to pay xtra for those golden hearts?...meanwhile, will wait for yr fotos then!:eek:P

patrick

Hi Fizz,

jus to share a little encounter we had with Melanie, we think that she is very professional in her job and very helpful, she would provide us info which we hv not thought of (cause we just started to hunt for a place).

We want to book 2004 but the package was not out then. She reserved the date for us while we wait for the package for the 2004 to be released. 2 dates in fact without giving you the "O, we could only reserve 1 date for you" excuse. She willingly suggested it!
happy.gif

As the price for 2004 was not out in time and we want to settle the banquet soon so that we could move on to our house reno, bridal package, we book another hotel instead. Eventually, when the package was out it was quite an attractive one.

The menu looks very good too for the price that they charged! If we are not wrong, they are having a Bridal show in April. Look out for it, there may be more perks given during the bridal show. free flow of beer perhaps!!!

Cheers!
happy.gif

P

pikaa

hi Kelsey,

So glad that ur wedding turned out great!!
I'm also going to hold my dinner there in Feb 2004. Booked oreadi!! =)
Can I looked at ur photos too... need some ideas on the flower decos. my email [email protected]. Thks!!

Hi Patrick and Fizz,
We met up with Melanie last month and have been communicating thr email regarding our contact. Well, I find her quite nice and friendly...

The price for 1Q 2004 is actually out and yes, the bridal show will be on 20 April 2003, but it's by invitation only, so if u r interested, maybe u can call Melanie... and yes!! I'm going too!! to pay my deposit!!

The promotion price offer during the bridal show is $648nett per table for weekdays and $678nett for Fri and Sun and $798nett for Sat. They are also offering free flow beer and waiver of price of 1 table! Very worth it!! Melanie offered that promotion to us and that's Y we confirmed with her on the spot!!

hope this helps!! =D

pebble

Hi Kelsey,
Thank u... cant wait to see ur pics... kekeke

Hi Patrick, Fizz and Pikaa,
U can also get the wedding show registration form from Female Brides and Her World Brides.

Aya i din know they ve free flow beer lei... I;ve already made a deposit but ve not confirmed teh contract so u think got chance to get this offer?... Hmm... must check with Melanie.

bear

Hi

can anyone advise the rate for this year ( maybe November to Jan )

helping my frd to gather all rates

fizz

I'll prob b goin 4 the bridal show...mus get the freebies mah...anyway better to negotiate the ctt b4 payin any deposit or confirm the bookin...otherwise u lose yr bargainin power...

(Pebbles)speak to Melanie abt the freebies...I'm sure she'll give em to u...odderwise bo hwa...

Felt tat the floral decor at Oriental is a not tat nice...guess must spend some $$$ on tat.