Mandarin Oriental Singapore

minestrone

hi..
do u all know if they change plate after eveyr dish? i am quite particular abt service. is every dish portioned out and served on the plate?

quebec_me

Hi All,

If you are wondering Oriental is the right place to hold your wedding...don't ponder anymore. The price was a little steep for us initially but its now all worth it.

My groom and i had the best wedding there 2 days ago.The decor was wonderful...i chosed the Love Theme and it created the romantic english feel that we were looking for.

Secondly, the staff went all out to pamper my husband and i making sure that we were taken care of every minute since we checked in. I had a staff waiting on me although i didnt really needed it...but she stood next to me throughout the whole night even going with me to my room to help me change into my second outfit, adjusting my dress, passing me a tissue when i needed and that really left my bridesmaid more time to go mingle and enjoy herself.

Thridly, the food was excellant. All my guests left the banquet happy and full of praises of the hotel service and good quality food. And this is also the first time guests finish the dessert before leaving the banquet. Imagine us, my groom and i waited at the exit assuming they would leave early and there would be a mad rush at the door but no we were so wrong!!

Fourthly, the service doesn't stop when the banquet ends...the Oriental people are thoughtful that they even bother to save a set of the whole 9 course dinner for me and groom to supper in the privacy of our room. They left a voice message on our room phone in order not to disturb us and to remind that if we should be hungry, the room service will be more than glad to bring up the 9 course dinner in individual sized portions. It was at this moment i realised that my guests were right. From the first to last dish...all were EXCELLANT!!

Lastly, i would like to personally thank Oriental's Coordinators Eve, Wei Ting and Prasad for being so dedicated to their roles and lending us a huge help in every situations...they even had a way with the guests who had a drop too much. Congratulations to chef Roy Chua too...we look forward to our first anniversary at your hotel.

If we had a choice, we would do it all over again
happy.gif

jaster

Certainly agree with Cindy and Tricia! =P had my wedding celebration last year nov... all our guests are full of praises for the hotel's service and food!

Hmm.. thinking of holding our future full mth celebration there.. haa... but i think my husband will never agree to that already!

I had my wedding there last Oct there as well and even till today, my hubby & I still receive compliments from our friends & relatives for the hotel's immpecable service and serving the best banquet food!

Several of our friends also signed up with Oriental after attending our wedding luncheon perfected by the Oriental team
happy.gif
happy.gif

I suggest you should contact their wedding team and let them impress upon you. I got blown away each time I step into Oriental. Service starts from the very contact with thier lobby ushers and all the way to its coordinators and bascially everyone who works there

The most pricless guest service was the surprises that Mark had for me when he knew I was going gaga over celeb Chef Eric Teo.

My sister knows that I really wanted to meet Chef Eric Teo on my actual wedding day and have a picture with him in my wedding gown. She emailed Oriental (without my knowledge) but only got to know that chef will be on leave that day. So... nobody thought anything will to happen since my little wish isn't gonna come true.

Just 2 days prior to our wedding, Mark contacted my husband and inform him that they have installed a little surprise for us. Oriental has gotten their corps comm to do a 2 min video of Chef Eric sending his wedding greetings to us and they recorded it in a VCD for us.

It was definitely a very pleasant surprise and my hubby kept the secret until the very moment when the video was played prior to the commencment of our banquet in the ballroom with all our guests! Needless to say, I was so touched and this is what I call priceless service that is so sincere and from the bottom of their hearts.

Bonus was, we extended our stay there and during our check-out we got to meet Chef Teo in real person ^.^ It was yet another surprise as Mark didn't know we had extended our stay and we only called him before we left our room for check-out.

It was our perfect wedding and hope you find yours too.

giraffe~

nat chew --> don't worry, the service is great. i'm not an oriental BTB, although it is my dream venue for wedding dinner... unfortunately it's too small for me, hence i have to choose another hotel. if only we could invite fewer pple, i'd definitely choose oriental. been for wedding diiner there before, the food and service is unparalleled. hence i still keep checking this forum, and praising oriental, even though i'm not an oriental BTB!

you won't regret having your wedding there!

Hi Momo, a safe guage is about 1.5yrs in advanced especially for hot dates. We booked the luncheon 1 year in advanced and dinner at ballroom has already been taken up by then
happy.gif

momo_monster

thanks happy, we are actually considering a luncheon as well. I'am very impressed with the quality of service and food that oriental has to offer. Is it difficult when you were negotiating for your package and what additional perks did you ask for?

Momo-> My hubby & I didn't negotiate for much perks as most hotels luncheons are offering more or less the same perks (i.e. 1 night stay in bridal suite, food tasting at discounted rate if less than certain no. of tables) and our focus was solely on getting the best venue as our wedding day falls on a super hot date (mid-autumn) where most places had already been pre-booked by couples.

The nice people of Oriental sure has something to offer if you ask them during the meetup
happy.gif

minttychoco

Hi Valerie, ops sorry for the late reply.. din check the thread over here..

the map that T dragon provided not very "useful" so i din get it..

minttychoco

Hi to those ex Oriental brides...

I have qs..
- For the music to be played through out the banquet, did you all use the audio CD format? Which means like the disc only have 16-17songs and just repeat for the few hours?

- I want to play songs and photo slides montages separately. They able to do it?

waxie24

mintychoco>
you can pass them a disc in data format.. dun have to be in CD format.. but do a double confirm with your co-ordinator..

and prepare more 1 copy (jus in case)
at my friend's wedding last yr (not at oriental).. the disc that he double n triple check on his own hifi, cannot be played at the venue's system. in the end, they play it from his iphone

i brought my own laptop and LCD tv to play my montage.. so no comments on their synchronization.. but i think it shouldn't be a problem

pangel

mintttychoc> so u are not going to embed your songs into your montage?

All> Anyone time the walk-in at the Atrium?

minttychoco

hi waxie24, thanks for the reply
happy.gif

Data format?... my cord tell me only can play music cd format wor..

Valerie > nope i'm not embeding the songs in the montage.. my montages are for playing in the background throughout the banquet... so the music i'm playing it separately
happy.gif

waxie24

i remember we pass our coordinator Mark our disc in data format.. it was played throughout the event..

why not u bring him a sample disc, get him to try? I am wondering if he mean Audio disc (17-18 songs per disc) or CD format (song data burnt in the physical CD)?

minttychoco

Hi waxie, ya, my cord meant Audio cd format. Those 16-17 songs per disc. And told me the AV technician will help to change if i have more than 1 CD of songs.

What was your format? MP3 format burnt to disc? like many songs in 1 disc?

waxie24

in total i passed them only 1 disc.. i burnt all my mp3s (ard 40 songs) into 1 disc..

it can't be they downgrade their system rite?

minttychoco

thanks waxie! wah... how come my instructions given is diff... hmmph... okok, must go back check with my cord AGAIN.. (i checked twice oredi!)

i was also wondering, their system could not be so old right... my fren still laughed at me how come their system so lousy lor..

pangel

All> i'm selecting my dishes this week, for those who had their wedding lunchean already or jus went tru the food tasting session, any recommendation? Many thanks.

pangel

Oh..many recommend the double boil shark soup with chicken. How abt the braised superior soup with 3/5 treaures? Any feedfack?

w3ngal

wow their menu looks nice but over budget. per table about 1.4k liao. but food presentable, the themes is just amazing.

do previous couples managed to cover cost? ermmm is this a five star hotel?

pixey

virgin post here :)

anyone knows if mandarin oriental going to have wedding show soon?

i am contemplating between marina mandarin and oriental..yet to view the ballrooms though

appreciate any advice :)

claralow

Hi there, I planned to have a Shanghai Jazz Theme wedding at Oriental. Any bride has any experience for Shanghai Jazz theme to share?

lokiewedslydia

hi all

my wedding date is confirmed on 091011 sun

my fiance n i love oriental cos we haf "THE FEEL" but yea indeed the price is steep

ani tots btwn

oriental $1138++ great menu but low ceiling short march in

vs

gcw $988nett (grand copthorne waterfront) lousy menu but high ceiling with super long march in

im torn btwn these 2

waverly

oriental can have long march in if u put the stage at the end.. i love oriental. service is fantastic. reviews abt food is good so far.
u mean 2011 menu for oriental is 1138++? no price increase?

lokiewedslydia

hi gg

sandy gave mi this price n told mi if i'd book it before May she'd locked the price =)

im veri interested in oriental.. n yes service is gd too.. but sandy seem to always be on leave haha.. everytime i email her there wld be an auto out-of-office reply

do u haf any pics to share of ur weddin at oriental?

joyousbabe

Dear Oriental BTB,
Heard from my co-ordinator that they r coming up with new themes for the ballroom set up. Anyone can share on any new themes they have created other than the 4 themes: Happiness, Love, Sweetheart, Oriental?
I am a Oriental BTB, AD in Oct 2010 so am anxiously waiting for themes avaliable...
happy.gif

pixey

hi gg, can you share why you love oriental?

from the previous archive, you don't seem to react well with the themes so i was wondering what makes you change your mind?

no offence, im just a 2011 btb looking for feedbacks since oriental is one of my considerations :)

waverly

pixey

i must admit.. i was too quick to judge. i attended a wedding there recently and i must say service and food is really good. somehow when you sit down as a guest the feeling is different from when you view it from afar.
oriental has indeed been very thoughtful about all their selection of themes. i guess u have o sit down to feel it.

pixey

thanks but the thing is i do not know when is their wedding show

zhihui: waaaa...you manage to get free flow from your weekday banquet ah? congrats on your upcoming wedding!

navyv

to lokiewedslydia:
hi, care to share when did you equire with sandy to be able to secure the 1138++ pricing?
cos the oriental's website been showing 1188++ pricing for quite awhile already.
sorry if i sound intrusive but i am also considering oriental and am abit puzzled with the difference in quotes.
Thanks!

lokiewedslydia

hi all

i haf the package for 2011
i'd send u all ya =) jus gimme ur pte email
n apologies!

its 1188++ NOT 1138 as mentioned earlier
with free flow beer
we asked.. sandy took awhile to reply us but ya she sae its possible..