Mandarin Oriental Singapore

evocal

Hi Shiting,

The food at Oriental is good. My guests all enjoyed the dinner and some of my guests do have expensive taste. So hearing that they enjoyed the food I was relieved. My wedding was in May and held in atrium suite.

Are you asking how much we ended up paying after receiving anypows??? This is very hard to say as it depends on who you invite, how much they give you, how much people think the dinner costs and of course how many ppl you have. It also depends if your parents are taking any angpow or if all anypow will go back to the cost of the dinner. For my situation, my parents asked for the angpow from my side assuming all the angpows went towards the cost of the dinner, then we broke even with a bit to spare. this is co unting only dinner, not any angpows that we had to give out.

hi mintz, have PM you
happy.gif

tingting22

Hi Char,

Thanks for sharing! So it seems the food is great.

I understand it depends on alot of factors when it comes to $$$. Thanks!

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Char, i've also opt for Atrium ballroom but haven't chose the theme. Dilemma over Love or Happiness. </font>

pangel

Hi Winny, same here. choosing btw these 2 as well. I saw love theme combine wif happiness some time ago at the atrium. The couple used white and red roses for their centrepc...=)

waxie24

I took the love theme and choose red roses for my wedding last yr...

You will be given the option to choose the colour of your roses. i confirm the colour when i was confirming my event order (suppose to sign n return to the coordinator)..

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hihi waxie24, do you have any photos to show us?

Actually i like yam roses de... and also like the HAPPINESS theme but yam and happiness doesnt match.</font>

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Valerie..thanks thanks!!

Dear Waxie, looks nice leh. But every table has the tall long centre piece?</font>

waxie24

winny, all tables have a center piece.. VIP tables are slightly bigger than normal tables...

they will remove it when the dinner starts... however my dinner is buffet styled, the center piece were there whole night

evocal

Hey everyone! I've got my photos! Very happy with them. Next to start selecting for our album.
Didnt really get any of the the centrepieces but i think i have some shots of the Atrium. I had 18 tables. The pics are on another comp, so I'll upload sometime soon.

PrancingWalker

Hi everyone!

Was wondering if anyone could advise me what weekend perks Oriental extended to you for your dinner package? Mine is in June 2010.

Also wondering if anyone was provided with helpers room because it seems that Oriental doesn't seem to be quite willing to give. =(

thank you thank you!!!

kiat

hi all, can anyone send me email of the coordinator?

i have sent a email to the general address of the hotel since 2 days back but no response...

poyo

hi all btbs! I have FINALLY shortlisted 2 hotels, Oriental is one of them. Anyone attended or held their wedding during weekdays? How's the service and food? Good reviews?

cherrycoke

just like to ask: for those having or who had their wedding at the ballroom, is it too cramped with 35 tables (minimum requirement)? I checked out a wedding with long march in and around 36 tables and thought it's a little cramped.

also, anyone tried the chocolate mousse dessert? i thought it sounds good thinking of getting that, hardly get western dessert during weddings anyway
happy.gif

ngie22

Hi, can anyone kindly post their coordinator's email here as well? I am also consider Oriental Hotel as one of my wedding venue!

tia!
happy.gif

lemonmist

hi

wondering whether you guys are prepared for the ang bow money not to cover the cost of the banquet when u chose oriental? if it's about 13something nett per table and most guests are unlikely to pay more than 120 or 130 each, you will most likely need to top up. of cos i know that we should not view banquet as something to profit from but budget is definitely a consideration?

poyo

ngie> I already posted on 8th Jul. Anyway, here you go:

Mine co-ordinator is Sandy, very sweet but talk quite fast..hahaha...her email add is [email protected]

lemommist> that's was my main concern as well since times are really bad now. But, since I luv Oriental that much, my HTB is willing to compromise and go for a weekday dinner (*sweet..hehehe). Still discussing...cos our auspicious weekend dates are majority taken up everywhr...;C

sonia_huizi

i just signed up with OM for my wedding next May..it was totally love at first sight.. ^^ so so excited about it..

anyway, im thinking of the theme to go for and am very keen on Dream theme but am afraid the elderly will think it's too black...any ex-MO brides can share their photos for dream theme...

thanks.... =)

[email protected]

ahsieh

Hi Char,

Could you share you photos with me at [email protected].
I am just confirmed to take MO, mine is at Atrium suite (will sign contract tom). my AD is on 21 Nov.

Think to take love or happiness theme..

Thanks

shannie80

HI girls, i need advise. Just received email from hotel on wedding cards. there seem to be only two designs. one with the english words and the other one with the 'xi' words. Can i check we will need to pay for inserts to the printer right and hotel say will cover the costs for the cards only is it?

how to go about it?

evocal

BTW, I did the invite myself, i think i might have posted up pics earlier, but here they are again these were in draft mode with a different paper, the shop ran out so i changed the design:

1151328.jpg

1151329.jpg

1151330.jpg

This other photo is my final invite. I was planning on using the charcoal for friends, but with the theme chosen and also my menus and mass booklets etc, i chose ivory to keep it all the same:

1151331.jpg

yvchy8

Hi LPF, the hotel will provide inserts. U will have to bring the inserts to a printer to publish the relevant details. Yr coordinator shd be able to recommend some printers, if I recall the default one is Lil Art. The inserts are quite thick and cumbersome to fold/slot into envelopes.

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Char,
thanks for sharing.
i realize that there are no aisle stand during the march in or was it not captured in the photos?</font>

yvchy8

Hi Tricia, I didn't use Lil Art so can't comment. But the webby looks quite comprehensive. Anyway I went to T Dragon coz it was more convenient for me. Their work was average to me though.

evocal

Hi Winny,

If I remember correctly, 6 stands were provided? we had 2 at the entrance and 4 on the stage. It would have been quite tight and in the way in the atrium suite.

Tricia, I actually also thought of using T Dragon had I chosen the charcoal invites, based on what I wanted, but did my own invite in the end.

I spoke to Lil Art but they only did the standard printing and actually told me not to use vellum paper as the printing won't stand out. But as you can see from my photos, I didn't have a problem with the text standing out at all.

mintz0309

hey char, you look fab!

just had my wedding last sunday, all went well and feedbacks from guests were generally positive.

i used lil'art for my printing and i thought they were alright, pretty responsive to the changes we had. they mentioned gold print on vellum paper is fine for ivory cards but not as well for charcoal and red ones. went along with gold on vellum for my ivory cards and i love them!

here's my card:

1152600.jpg

evocal

Hey Mintz!

Glad everything went well. Now we'll be waiting for your photos, probably in abt 1.5-2 months?

So you went gold print. I wanted silver but i also wanted names printed and i think it would have worked out too ex.

tricia_tan

Hi Yve and Char,

Hi Mintz,

Your card is soooooo cute.. how much you pay in total for the printing? And you need to source the pic urself then gave to Lil'art?

mintz0309

hi char, am expecting to receive my AD photos in 2 weeks time. excited about how it will turn out! so envious that you were able to take photos around the hotel. my day was too rush and i hadnt had the chance to..

hi tricia, got a freelance artist to draw the cartoon for me. this same picture also appeared on the menu during my dinner. printing cost, if i remembered correctly, was 120 for 205 pieces (they gave 5 spare pieces) on vellum paper.

starduzz

Hi Yve, how much does T dragon charge for the print? Do they provide the inserts or the cost is inclusive? What do u need to prepare / decide when u meet the printer?

yvchy8

Hi starduzz, sorry i lost the invoice issued by T Dragon. The hotel provided the inserts. However, as the cards/inserts are tri-panelled and have to be folded in a certain sequence to ensure edges meet and cards can close properly, the T Dragon coordinator had to sort out the papers to ensure the respective info is printed on the correct panel. Quite cumbersome. Subsequently they kinda screw up half my batch coz of such issues, so they sourced for similar inserts for me at nil charge. They will recommend the content to print but u muz bring along details like both dads' chinese names, both yours &amp; fiance's chinese names. U hv to decide on the font (both english &amp; chinese), if u want to draft yr own copy, etc. then gotta choose any artwork if u like.

If u are having solemnisation on same day and wish to print such details, rem to cfm timing with JP and hotel coordinator before printing. In my opinion, i feel the inserts by hotel is too thick. Didn't quite like it. if cost is not a big issue, maybe u can oso ask for more of such paper options from T dragon.

starduzz

Thanks Yve for the info! Am having headache on the invites. Thinking of doing on my own cos I don't need to print more than 100 cards and printers like Lil'art charge for 1st 200 (correct me if I'm wrong)unless there are other printers besides T-Dragon who charge by cards, if you know any?

I got a sample of the insert (comes with scoreline) from the hotel and i agree that it's a bit thick (120gsm?). Is there only one colour for the insert from the hotel? Notice that there are some who used vellum paper. Is it a good alternative? Any other recommendations?

yvchy8

I hadn't done a lot of research. Just went to T Dragon since they seem to be quite popular &amp; located in the CBD which is more convenient. They seem to be more mainstream in terms of offerings. Personally, very average. But yeah the pricing structure is similar to Lil Art in this case, like a flat charge for the first X no. of pieces. I had a mix of red &amp; ivory cards (for the older folks &amp; friends respectively) but the inserts given were standardised. I'd prefer to get the words printed directly on the card but coz there are floral motifs embossed on the cards, finishing may not be smooth. Ended up with the standard inserts which I didn't really like. Vellum shd be pretty, but prob gotta pay more attention to the ink &amp; drying process. When's yr AD?
happy.gif

starduzz

MY AD is on 29 Nov. Thinking of using mixture of red and black cards too. So it's standardised inserts, sigh... felt it don't really match well with the red cards leh...so after print, u just fold, paste the insert using paper glue? What theme did you use for your banquet?