Mandarin Oriental Singapore

mintz0309

hi all, approx how long prior the dinner will the coordinators be contacting us for the cards, theme etc? my coordinator mentioned to me before but i just cant seem to recall

char, congrats! you must be getting really excited =)

waxie24

mintz,
card - 2.5 to 3 mths before your wedding date, becos u still need to print (takes 1-2weeks depending on printer) n send them out...
theme - you will choose a theme before your food tasting, they will arrange ur food tasting table to the chosen theme.. confirm the theme after the food tasting..

this is wat happen to me la.. not sure if every coordinator does the same~

mintz0309

thanks nehoc and waxie24! =)

hi jasmine, MO has 4 themes for their wedding banquets, namely dream, love, happiness and garden. each will be different in the colour scheme and table setup.

didee

wanna find out if any brides who had their dinner/lunch at oriental, held it at the Atrium Suites and had about 19 to 20 tables??

Just want to find out how many tables they can accomodate comfortably...

rockofice

Hi all

Any BTB here having their wedding at MO on a weekday? On weekday, it is a 8 course dinner, and hence one of the dish in their menu will be removed. Which one will it be? Can we choose which dish to remove? I notice that usually it is the abalone dish which is removed for weekday dinners. Is it true?

Pls advice.. thks!

rockofice

Nehoc.. Thks..

I am asking from the pespective of costs. Im very sure I can get abalone if I request, but if that means it is much additional costs, then my budget will not allow me to hold my wedding in MO. Thats why I ask if abalone is in the standard menu for weekdays. =)

mintz0309

hi lilian, i think the difference between wkday and wkend menu is only on the vegetable dish.. MO is having a wedding showcase on 3rd may, you might want to go down and find out more then?

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hi! Thanks for the information. I want to go too though I have booked MO as I want to see how the themes are like.</font>

sgshoppingqueen

Hi Winny,

Yap me too, I think it's good to have an idea of how the actual day setting would be like.

See u there
happy.gif

felcy

Hihi!!

I kinda like oriental too! Attended a wedding once find the food rather interesting!

We are considering attending the showcase too but we can only make it after 1pm. I emailed to ask if it's ok but they replied wo answering my qn. ANyone knows if it's ok that we dun stay throughout??

mintz0309

hi felicia, it should be fine. i believe the arrangement should be same as the one last year whereby it's free and easy. i will be popping by after lunch too. =)

felcy

I called them ytd. Adeline said we don't have to register actually coz when we go in, we can jus register on the spot.

Mintz >> you are right! It's free and easy. We will be popping by too!

bohnah

Hi, just went down to oriental today to speak to their wedding planner.

He revealed to us the package for the wedding show.

They have the standard stuff like free flow beer, one bottle of wine per table, free corkage for all alcohol and 2 nights stay at the bridal suite.. on top of that, they also offered us a free room (overnight) for the helpers on the wedding day, free solemnization room at the 5th floor (normal rental rates at $800) and a free heart shaped strawberry tree (ard 300-400 strawberries) and a 45 mins of live piano playing for the cocktail reception..and all these are already in the package without even us bargaining for it! haha.. the planner even ask what esle do we want and we were quite stumbled and don't know what esle to ask for.. haha.. overall feel was good and i think we will be going down on 3 may to sign the package!

Frankly, we have spoken to at least 7 hotels and Oriental has one of the most friendly and professional planners around. The other hotels are either rigid (everything also want money, LCD, wine, beer, sash, carpet.. etc) or the ballroom is too old or small. The food in oriental is very interesting also, besides the traditional stuff, you can opt for stuff like buns dipped in chilli crab sauce! haha..

Again, the package that we said is only for the wedding show, the normal package is quite standard without all the freebies..

bohnah

Ya our package is for the grand ballroom on a weekend for 2010.. min 35 tables

when we compared the oriental's package with other hotels, oriental's one is much better.

mintz0309

they have new idea every year. last year is the strawberry cone, this year upgraded to heart shape strawberry tree. interesting!

curious though.. how much is the 2010 package priced at?

marc31kelly

cos mine is wedding lunch on weekend cum PH and also holding for more than 38 tables yet i dun get these peaks, may be that amount for my lunch package not expensive enough hehe...

Btw mintz, what strawberry cone or tree are you refering to ?? pls advise

yvchy8

Is the strawberry tree the one made of white/dark chocolate coated strawberries? We had 8 stalks of that served with a cake in the suite, the strawberries were so sinful and yummy!

bohnah

the weekend package is 1128++

thanks for sharing the photos mintz! I guess this year's wedding show should be around the same.. the suite looks good! modern and big.. hehe. Looking forward to the heart shaped strawberry tree, although i am wondering how are they going to do it???

yvchy8

Hi vanilla, my coordinators are Sandy and Mark. bridal assistant is Veron. Sandy was on maternity so Mark took over halfway. Anyway all of them are a delight to work with!
happy.gif

Thanks nehoc and Yve
happy.gif

I may not be taking up so many tables so not sure if I will have any bridal assistant or I receive the same superb treatment too...

flowerbride

Will they lower their rates during the wedding show?

I like Oriental but sadly it should be out of my price range. I realise that there are many people who thought that by giving $80 ang pows, the couple will 'earn'. After calculating potential losses for 50 tables, I am likely to give up Oriental as my dinner is on a auspicisiou weekend.

evocal

hey all!
omg, i'm so busy with last min stuff. now apparently mil has over-invited, so looking to switch from garden suite to atrium. can u imagine? my wedding is next sat leh

chuar77

Hi,
I have the following items for sale.
These are bought last month, thus in very new condition.

1) Martell VSOP, 70cl, duty paid, 9 bottles, $70 each

2) Chivas Regal 12 yrs, 70cl, duty paid, 8 bottles, $55 each

Please email to [email protected] or sms to 91106030 for enquiries now!

yvchy8

Hi valerie, the standard lunch package comes with 7 courses, or at least during the time I signed up. So I added a spinach + mushroom vege dish to make it 8. =)

xmasxmas

Hi Yve.. i'm considering oriental.. also lunch package.. ya, it seems that they only have 7 course.. how much did u top up for the vege dish?

yvchy8

Hi Xmasxmas, yr coordinator shd be able to provide a list of dishes available for top up, including upgrade of dessert &amp; stuff. The vege could be $40-50+++ or so if I recall...

pangel

Yup Yve. Itz 7 dishes for the lunch. Juz signed up today for the lunch at the Atrium. Too bad we can't take it Garden Suite as it will be too squeezy for us. We hv abt 16 tables for now. Noticed tat there's no vege items inside as well...Hmm..juz wana check what did u select for the 7 dishes. Not sure what is good there...=)

Anyone knows whether the Love theme looks gd in the Atrium. According to my coordinator, Atrium looks gd with dream and garden themes...

Hi Xmasxmas, the normal vege top up is abt 60 or 80++ per table i tink..its written in my contract but that is wif my htb at the moment. Let u know soon ya. =)

pangel

Congrats Char. =) What theme did u use? We wana chope the Garden Suite at first. But after some calcultion last nite, realised we hv to get the Atrium instead too. Kinda dissapointed. We love the Love theme but duno if it looks gd there...

evocal

hi valerie,

we are using love theme. Looks like will still stick with garden suite unless we are advised that we can change. this does not leave me time for sending out change of location advice, but the hotel can put signs up. i think that the love theme in atrium will look quite grand.

i headed down today for the showcase too.

sigh, really duno what is happening with guest numbers. just need all the info by wed and then all sorted.

felcy

winny >> i got pic...u wan i can email u....but nt v clear cos i took usin hp...

I tot the grand ballroom could take more...but max's only 40...sigh..

pangel

Hi char

Gd luck to u then. Hoe everything will turn out well fir u. =)

Hi Yve and everyone who took up the lunch package,

R u guys thinking of having the fried buns with crabmeat sauce? I'm worried that it will not be filling enough considering that we have only 7 dishes...any opinions?

kai9

Hi all,

Can anyone send me the Wedding Lunch and Dinner Package. Just wanna see the menu.

BTW, for those who attended the wedding showacase, is the fried "GIANT" prawn available in the Lunch menu? Thanks.

My email : [email protected]